FM08-Crystal Palace Thread (8.02)

mattjm

Hi, I'm new to these forums but I have been looking through the forums for ages and not see Crystal Palace mentioned alot so I decided to make a thread. Post back your comments. Thanks

Club Info

Crystal Palace Football Club is an English professional football team based in the London Borough of Croydon. They currently play in the Coca-Cola Football League Championship, the second level of English football. The club was formed in 1905 by workers at the Crystal Palace, and celebrated its centenary in 2005. Originally known as "The Glaziers" - a reference to their original home in the shadow of Joseph Paxton's enormous glass exhibition hall, the "Eagles" are owned by chairman Simon Jordan.

Main Rival- Millwall

Other Rivals- Charlton Athletic + Brighton and Hove Albion

Stadium-

Media Prediction- 10th

First Team Sqaud

2. DF Matthew Lawrence

3. DF Tony Craig

4. DF Clint Hill

5. DF Mark Hudson (captain)

7. MF Carl Fletcher

8. FW James Scowcroft

9. FW Dougie Freedman

10. FW Clinton Morrison

11. MF Paul Ifill

12. GK Julian Speroni

14. MF Ben Watson

15. MF Mark Kennedy

16. MF Neil Danns

19. MF Tom Soares

20. DF Danny Butterfield

23. DF Jose Fonte (on loan from Benfica)

24. MF Jeff Hughes

28. MF Shaun Derry

30. MF John Bostock

31. DF Aaron Fray

32. FW Shefki Kuqi

34. DF Lee Hills

35. DF Rhoys Wiggins

36. MF Lewwis Spence

39. MF James Dayton

41. DF Moses Swaibu

42. FW Ben Kudjodji

43. FW Victor Moses

44. FW Sean Scannel

Players out on loan

1. GK Scott Flinders(Yeovil)

38. GK David Wilkinson(Eestleigh)

40. MF Ryan Hall(Dagenhyam annd Redbridge)

Ones for the future

Victor Moses

John Botock

Sean Scannel

Lee Hills

Transfer budget- 2.7 million for mid table finish up to 3.7 million for winner.

Please post your comments. Its my First thread so not the best but always room for improvement

COME ON YOU PALACE

RED AND BLUE ARMY

My transfer at the moment. Crystal Palace first season (8.02)

IN

Carlos Saez (rayo) 350k

Benoit Leroy (chamois Niortais) 200k

Kasper Schmeichel (man city) loan

Lubos Kamenar (artmedia) 140k

Nejc Pecnik (celje) 350k

Victor Anichebe (everton) loan

Charlie Adam (rangers) loan

Toni Kolehmainen (az) 150k

Bodgan Stancu (unirea urziceni) 625k

David Bell (luton) 500k

Rene Mihelic (maribor) 500k

Peter Clarke (southend) 500k

Chris Eagles (man utd) loan

Keigan Parker (blackpool) 400k

Preston Edwards (millwall) 100k

Arthur Sorin (kalmar ff) 65k

OUT

Mark Kennedy (leeds) 425k

Ryan Hall (mk dons) 250k

Aaron Fray (peterborough) 200k

Shefki Kuqi (sheff wed) 500k

James Scowcroft (carlisle) 200k

Jeff Hughes (crewe) 250k

Dougie Freedman (barnsley) 90k

Tor Soares (stoke) 1m

Scott Flinders (cheltenham) 90k

Julian Speroni (luton) 250k

Carl Fletcher (hull) 1m

Matt LAwrence (burnley) 50k

James Dayton (kettering) 16k

David Wilkinson (afc wimbledon) loan

Originally posted by mattjm:

My transfer at the moment. Crystal Palace first season (8.02)

IN

Carlos Saez (rayo) 350k

Benoit Leroy (chamois Niortais) 200k

Kasper Schmeichel (man city) loan

Lubos Kamenar (artmedia) 140k

Nejc Pecnik (celje) 350k

Victor Anichebe (everton) loan

Charlie Adam (rangers) loan

Toni Kolehmainen (az) 150k

Bodgan Stancu (unirea urziceni) 625k

David Bell (luton) 500k

Rene Mihelic (maribor) 500k

Peter Clarke (southend) 500k

Chris Eagles (man utd) loan

Keigan Parker (blackpool) 400k

Preston Edwards (millwall) 100k

Arthur Sorin (kalmar ff) 65k

OUT

Mark Kennedy (leeds) 425k

Ryan Hall (mk dons) 250k

Aaron Fray (peterborough) 200k

Shefki Kuqi (sheff wed) 500k

James Scowcroft (carlisle) 200k

Jeff Hughes (crewe) 250k

Dougie Freedman (barnsley) 90k

Tor Soares (stoke) 1m

Scott Flinders (cheltenham) 90k

Julian Speroni (luton) 250k

Carl Fletcher (hull) 1m

Matt LAwrence (burnley) 50k

James Dayton (kettering) 16k

David Wilkinson (afc wimbledon) loan

Great buy with Toni Kolehmainen. He's certainly a player who isn't mentioned much on these forums but is still a quality player. You got him even cheaper than I did cos I thought 190k was a bargain!

Tanks for the replies. He has been performing quite well for me. I mix it around with him danns and adam at cm with eagles on the right who assists quite alot and michelic but he just got injured and is out for 6 months. I find stancu bad and i play Anichebe with 10 goals in 10 games and morrsion with 7 goals in 9 games. I am currently 2nd with 6 wins 2 draws and 2 losses. Thanks

come on people. Post your comments. No offence but QPR are getting mentioned more then teams like Crystal Palace, Cardiff City and even West Bromich Albion just because they got lucky and someone stupidly wanted to invest in a small unknown club. Who were in the relegation zone, then got a new manager and went into the play-offs with a 15 match un beaten run and pottenially had the best youth system in the country with the likes of Tom soares, Ben Watson, Clinton Morrison, John Bostock, Victor Moses, Lee Hills and Sean Scannel all coming through the youth system and representing their country at different levels. And we were team who spotted Ian Wright, we made him and he went off to Arsenal to become their highest every scorer until Thierry Henry past his mark a few season ago. We have one of the most promising goal keepers including Nigel Martyn and Carlo Nash. A great captain who led us to an FA cup final which we lost in the replay after drawing 3-3 with Manchester United. Now i wish i could say that about Queens Park Rangers.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else know of other Crystal Palace threads or is this the only one. I done this like a month ago hoping it would get used alot but I guess that didnt happen lol. Has anyone ever actually been crystal palace. I got quite far with them, finsihing 7th in the prem season 2013-2014 before my file got corrupt

Yes, I can see where youre coming from. I supose you can only be palace if you support them. Im a massive Palace fan and I know alot about the team so I enjoy playing as them and even if im a different team I still check to see how they are doing but every time I am them first seaso I get them promoted and its the 4 loan sigings every time. Anichebe, Charlie Adam, Schemicael(sp?) from man city and fauvergue from LOSC. And get Eagles on a short term. Then I just get Stancu and Mihelic and sell SOares for 1 mill, fletcher for 1 mill and offload kuqi, scowcroft, freedman, hughes and play wiggins lb, buy a player called Arthur Sorin at right back and play fonte and hudson at CB or try getting Caldwell from Burnley.

After playing a save as Fenerbahce I've decided to come back to palace and start a new save. Below are Screenshots of My team and my transfer so Far. A few days away from my frst game. Any one have ides of a cheap CB i could get for back up and thats it. I think my team looks allright for first season. Any disagree or got a decent tactic which works for these kind of players. Thanks. Also I should be getting Necj Pecnik from Celje for 425k so that would leave me just under 100k to spend. I am trying to sell a few more players.

PalaceTransfers.jpg

PalaceSquad.jpg

I bought Pecnik and sold freedman for 50k and Flinders for 200k although 80k went to Barnsley as a claus. Ive offered loans for Bolzoni, Balotelli, Liam Miller, Chris Eagles and Scott Sinclair on loan but all rejected. Rather stay in Reserves all their lives then actually play football and get somehwere in life

Good thread just shame there aren't many people who manage CP, or so it appears. Looking at ur transfers they are great. Looking at your team maybe another LB - Matt Hill from Preston is a great LB even for the prem if he will come to you. Good luck anyway as CP i'm getafe though ;-(

ok Yeh thanks. I managed to get them in the prem to 3013-2014 then got sacked because the balance went all the way down. Ive only actually seen two people who play as Crystal Palace but im hoping more people will use this thread although the title doesnt look the best.

I started it again as my computer turned off as I was saving so it messed up the save. anyway the only bad things were I didnt sign Piatti. I have just finished the season 1st and this is the table. I will let you know tomorrow how much money I have to spend so people can help me out to keep the palace in the prem

Palace.jpg

Ok so ive only been given 12 million to spend which is stupid I think if im to keep them in the prem after you look at my squad below. But any help please would be much appreciated. I think nearly every position needs to be looked at.

PalaceSquad-1.jpg

Ok I finished that season 13th and sold Kalouda to Roma for 19 million. I made big singings gettin Alan Hutton and Richard Dunne from Udinese as they got relegated and werew both worth 4 million. I got them both for 10 million each. I signed marin, Zuiverloon, Vidal and Okaka from roma on loan. I have lost 3 times this season against Man united liverpool and arsenal so at least I think im getting better. But have drawn alot. If you want a screenie of my team I can give you one. If not dont worry. I suggest you try it and get the players I got. From the other 2 screenshots that was a different game as I cocked it up and wanted to change them so I had different players. I could give you my transfers in and out in 2007-2008 if its help. I made alot of money that season

Im in 3rd season.

Just about to start my 2nd in the EPL.

I was promoted via play-offs, but didn't change my squad anywhere near as much as you guys.

Finished last season in 13th.

I have 12 million.

Where do you think i need to improve?cpah1.th.jpg]cpah1.th.jpg[/url]

Hi

I have started as CP and bought some good players such as Stancu who is doing very well for me. I was just wondering where and how much for and when did you get kalouda - Mattjm

Thanks in advance and by the looks of it you are doing very well with your signings and the players you have loaned in as Okaka is very good when i was Roma!

I am Mattjm mate, Just made a new account.

I got him for 375 k and in the third season I sold him to roma for 19 million. He is a must get. Them screenies or old.

I am now in the start of season 5(2011-1012) and last season finished 3rd and won EURO CUP. I have the likes of Nasri, Balotelli and Ustari.

Like I said Kalouda is must get. He will get you tons of money or goals. Play him AMR.

And Stancu is over-rated mate.

I suggest you try loaning players like Anichebe for season, Kasper Shcemicael(GK) if hes in the reserves. Offer him 70 percent wages. Charlie Adam for the season and will get you goals and assists. Fauvergue of LOSC as striker.

Stancu is so over rated and cannot score goals to save his life. will get you like 10 goals if your lucky.

• 1 month later...

Iv'e recently took over Palace in my first season on 8.0.0 in November so iv'e been unable to add to my squad but up to now iv'e done great with a 4-1 win over Burnley and then i went back to my former club Coventry and grabbed a 2-1 victory.

So far so good with no additions so with a couple of good signings then we could push for promotion

finally a palace thread!! good job guys.

im going to start a new palace save and want to try and re-create what warnock has done so far.

any advice on what formation to use? is it a straight 4-3-3? or 4-1-2-2-1?

also i want to develop the youngsters and play them like him, they good enough for first team action?

also where to i download the latest patch for palace? link? and how do i do it?

cheers

EAGLES EAGLES EAGLES

Heres a suggestion to you all

for some reason i seem to play a lot as crystal palace and one thing i do every time is train scannell to play left wing and then using a 4-3-2-1 formation i put him as left wing with an arrow towards the striker and i find that he gets at least 15 goals each campaign with about 20 odd assists

any advice on who to buy / sell / play for palace on the origional database?

want to create a young fast athletic team that can handle the premiership when i step up. I have had a few palace games and always end up buying the same players...stancu, mihelic, torje and i want a change now.

4-4-2? or 4-3-2-1? the second is with attacking wingers.

are the youngsters good enough for me to play first season?

cheers

I've just started a name game with Palace (8.02). I am going to turn them into a British only team so will sell the foreign players and bring in some good cheap British players. I will keep you informed icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, This is mattjm, who created this thread just I made a new account. Haven't used these forums for ages but good to see a few more replies. I got bored of the game but got back into and I gotpalace promoted winning the league with like 10 games still remaining.

I suggest anyone trying as palace or anyone championship team Buy Kalouda and Mihelic. I got Kalouda for around 375k and he performs in the champ and then makes a name for himself and all the big clubs want him. I just sold him to Man City for 19.75 mill plus other installments and a 40percent sell on fee.

In the premiership if you can get a good keeper like Enyeama or Issaksson then I suggest using Kimz tactics, and buy a qaulity striker called Henok Goitom. HEs pure class and 6.5 foot so gets alot of headed goals.

I think the british idea is good but will be very hard. espcially if your hoping to get THE EAGLES promoted.

Our team is mostly british though anyway except Speroni, Fonte and Kuqi although hes crap anyway. Thats all I can think off the top of my head. Thanks for using the thread. Hoping more people use it.

Thanks

Also for england 1 the patch is available at the top link in this forum and the youngsters are sooooooooo over rated on this game. I suppose Moses only broke onto the scene maybe mid-march so this patch was al ready out and no-one rreally knew what he actually IS capable of. Bostock doesnt get good until he turns 20 maybe but no-one cares now, he can sod off to spurs. Scannel does perform sometimes off the bench but you can get cheaper players anyway and sell him for like 2.5 million. I always play wiggins at LB though and sell off Craig and Hughes to raise more funds. I always sell Fletcher for 1 mill and Soares for 18 mill. I also get rid off Scrowcroft and Kuqi, both for 500k. It doesnt really matter what formation you use. most i just use a simple 4-4-2 in the champ with the wing backs getting forward, the wingers getting all the way down with the left sided CM supporting the strikers with a arrow between them and the right sided CM getting forward aswell. Try buying Caldwell as you have the strength of Caldwell in your defence with Fonte's braveness and speed, with both wing backs counter attacking. It always helps having a decent kepper aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a little off topic but I went to see Bromley Town vs Palace today and it finished 1-1 lol.

I dont know his name but you had a very fast right winger come on in the second half who looked class compared to every other player. (he wernt moses, scannell etc he was either a new signing/youth player)

Palace need a striker tho cos Dougie cant hack it anymore...

Selling Kuqi is the first thing you do as Palace manager on fm as well after what he did to fans in the main stand lol

This may be a little off topic but I went to see Bromley Town vs Palace today and it finished 1-1 lol.

I dont know his name but you had a very fast right winger come on in the second half who looked class compared to every other player. (he wernt moses, scannell etc he was either a new signing/youth player)

Palace need a striker tho cos Dougie cant hack it anymore...

Selling Kuqi is the first thing you do as Palace manager on fm as well after what he did to fans in the main stand lol

The guy you're thinking of is Keiran Djilali. He looked ace down the right wing and Jamie Smith and Billy Bingham also looked pretty impressive.

• 3 weeks later...

if i select challange for title, i can get about 3.5m in total, but can raise more by selling.

want to buy a goalie, left and right back, centre back, some wingers, maybe a backup DM, and a striker.

kitambala good enough, because hes willing to come.

Bailly from Genk is a good gk about 500.000 pounds though.

Loan in Hoyte, Abenzoar for rb, Traore for lb if possible also loan.

Kalouda for your wings maybe.

Stancu offcourse for your strikingdepartement.

DM: Zola from Monaco also loan. Sankhare from PSG is awesome even at 17.

logan bailly i dont think is willing to come, and his eccentricity is very high which means he'll make alot of mistakes!

any other suggestions on a good keeper willing to play?

thinking of signing steven thicot, arthur sorin, maybe abenzoar, matt hill for lb, torje, dzsudsek, kitambala and maybe stancu

For anyone saying sell Sean Scannell. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?

Just started with the Eagles as my career game, and i must say, i signed wayyy to many attacking players. Anichebe on loan was a brilliant deal as he consistantly play's 8's. Stancu has been extremely poor, not getting a 7 to his name. Daryl Murphy has hardly had a look in. And it's because of Sean Scannell. He is class. He scores goals for fun, just brought him on after 41 minutes against Preston holding a 1-0, and he scored a hat-trick. Ended up winning the game 5-0, and they were top. I linger 14th in the league, we have never got a great run going, but now with 4 wins on the bounce things are starting to look up.

Scannell, Moses, Bostock are the best ones.

Lee Hills is coming along quite nicely in my game.

Im in the Premiership at the moment, 2nd Season on 8.0.2

Can anyone recommend a goalie I have £2.8M. Not Enyeama as he has moved and not Costil.

Cheers

Hi,Im back on my old acount. Havent used the foums for along time so thought id see how the thread is doing. I also saw its on the actual list of threads as Crystal Palace so im quite happy with that so thank you to the admins or whoever put it up there.

Sadly, in my view palace are very under rated on fm 2008 and the new patch 8.02. Moses doesnt start getting good until like 3-4 season in and still I would say hes only champ qaulity. In real life thought. thats a complete different story. Bostock can just sod off now lol, doesnt need to be mentioned in this forum again, hes a spurs player now. Keeper wise. You can try loaning in Schemicael(sp?) from man city or Iain Turner from Everton. Thats what I always do becuase I can never find a prem qaulity keeper who will sign for palace.

I've just won promotion to the championship with a starting line up of

Turner -GK

Sorin - RB

Hills - LB

Maté - CB

Dehu - CB

Kalouda - MR

Leroy - ML

Soares - MC

Lansbury/Danns - MC

Stancu - ST

Moses/Scannell - ST

Since promotion I have realised that many of these players won't be good enough to cope with premier league football.

I had 7m to spend to avoid relegation and so far have bought in.

Nengomashe, Vokes, Mihelic, Costil, Schwechlen (loan), Matejovsky, Lansbury (loan), Sburlea, Moti at a cost of 5m

I've got 2m left and expect more to come in with the sale of squad players.

Any recommendations for cheap players to avoid relegation with. Mainly looking for a centre back and a striker who may score 15 goals?

gloves89

For a decent Premiership CB search for a couple of Brazilians called Alex Silva and Thiago Heleno. Neither would cost too much, and from my experience Alex Silva should get a work permit.

Once you have sold some players check out Garry O'Connor from Birmingham, he is pretty good for a side just getting promoted to the Premiership.

Archived