• Created
  • Last Reply
mountainrangersrealbadge.png

Season Review 14/15

Results

1415results.png

Table

1414table.png

Once again, survival was the aim, and survival was what we got. Hopefully in the next few seasons I can snatch a play-off place. The defense performed very well on many occasions, and Andrew Wilkinson deservedly was awarded the Fans' Player of the Season, ahead of Brian Roberts, who missed out on 3 consecutive awards through a long term injury.

Good luck with that whole promotion thing. Sometimes files like that can be a bit odd and temperamental.

And honestly, mysterious manager who never seems to reveal his name?

Yes, really mysterious... despite me getting sick of it and giving him my real name as a nickname. :D

mountainrangersrealbadge.png

Season Review 14/15

Results

1516results.png

Table

1516table.png

A great season, the whole team was great, namely youngster Rob Thomas who I put my full faith in, and played him in every match, and also Alun Mainwaring who scored 8 in 6, including hat-tricks in consecutive games. Preseason was left to my assistant manager, who did a quite frankly terrible job. However we recovered and got the results needed to put us top, and during the break I decided to play a friendly against my final opponents, Bro Goronwy, who were hot on my heels. I needed not to lose in my final game to secure the top spot, and in our preparatory friendly we did just that, grinding out a 0-0 draw which we could have edged. The real fixture came and we played brilliantly, hammering them 3-0, forcing them down to 3rd spot. We won the league, and secured a play-off spot. Sadly we weren't entered into the semi-final, giving us only one chance to win promotion. The draw was cruel to us, pitting us against Llansannan, who dominated the Clywd League Premier Division, and possessed a goalkeeper who was the best I'd played against in this career. We were then given a distraction from behind the scenes, as the club was in talks over a possible takeover. Still, I was confident we could get the result, and put out an adventurous, attacking side, with Mainwaring and Roberts playing prominent roles.

llansannanplayoff1516.png

Sadly we lost, the goal was controversial, and most of my players saw a handball in the buildup. Of course I have no idea whether it was or not, and I'd rather not know. Our opposition were a fantastic side who clearly deserve to play at a higher level, and it hurts to say it, but the best team won.

Really unlucky with the loss :(

Hope you can have a successful season next season

So do I, everything is set out for another league victory. I've secured the services of Mainwaring, Roberts and Thomas on new 5 year deals, and I may bring in some new faces, Mainwaring is my latest purchase and that was over 2 seasons ago! Luckily I have been gifted with good youth products in areas I needed to fill. (e.g. Thomas, Higgins)

And it's been 6 seasons since I've posted my squad, here it is:

1617squad.png

And Euro 16:

euro16.png

I'll be playing in the Mid Wales South League this season, the one I played in back in 12/13, we're predicted to come 4th out of 5 but the team that are favourites are no better than us, we hammered them in a friendly a couple of years ago.

Promtion on the cards then?

Basically the teams that come first in each of the 5th tier regional leagues play two rounds of playoff games, and winning either one of those is enough to gain promotion. Sadly I was given a 'bye' (if you can call it that) in the first round, meaning I only had one chance to qualify. It's ridiculous.

Sorry guys, I'm stopping this save. I'm sick of the board issues, they won't give me anything because my job security is constantly insecure despite them telling me how pleased they are, also the screwed up leagues and the boring 6 game seasons are pretty dull.

I'm now playing a journeyman save, starting with Sunday League Footballer as my past experience, and I've ended up at Herlev in the Danish 2nd Division East, if anyone's interested then I may make a career thread but right now I'm not so sure I will.

Archived