[FM11] 'They've got a mountain to climb now!' [Mountain Rangers FC, Wales]

GylfiAsCharged

mountainrangersrealbadge.png

Mountain Rangers F.C.

Version: 11.2.1

Leagues Enabled: Wales (down to 6th tier)

Database Size: Large

So my journeyman save got corrupted and won't load. it's a shame, I was getting into it, but it gives me a chance to do two things that have appealed to me. Small club to big club, and managing in a small nation. I have set myself a high reputation as I want to get into international management also.

Career Overview

.:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.
:...................................: [b][color="purple"][u]Mountain Rangers FC[/u][/color][/b] :...............................................:
:...................................:::::::::::::::::::::::...............................................:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
: [b][color="purple"]Season[/color][/b] : [b][color="purple"]League[/color][/b]                 : [b][color="purple"]Tier[/color][/b] : [b][color="purple"]P[/color][/b]  : [b][color="purple"]W [/color][/b] : [b][color="purple"]D[/color][/b]  : [b][color="purple"]L[/color][/b]  : [b][color="purple"]F[/color][/b]  : [b][color="purple"]A[/color][/b]  : [b][color="purple"]Pos[/color][/b]  : [b][color="purple"]Achievements[/color][/b]              :
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
: [b][color="purple"]10/11[/color][/b]  : Caernarfon Division 1  : 6    : 18 : 11 : 4  : 3  : 40 : 26 : 1st  : Champions, promoted       :
: [b][color="purple"]11/12[/color][/b]  : Aberystwyth League 1   : 5    : 10 : 3  : 3  : 4  : 9  : 12 : 4th  : Mid-table finish          :
: [b][color="purple"]12/13[/color][/b]  : Mid Wales South League : 5    : 8  : 1  : 3  : 4  : 12 : 15 : 4th  : Avoided relegation        :
: [b][color="purple"]13/14[/color][/b]  : Montgomeryshire Div 1  : 5    : 6  : 2  : 2  : 2  : 7  : 5  : 3rd  : Mid-table finish          :
: [b][color="purple"]14/15[/color][/b]  : Montgomeryshire Div 1  : 5    : 6  : 1  : 3  : 2  : 5  : 7  : 3rd  : Avoided relegation        :
: [b][color="purple"]15/16[/color][/b]  : Montgomeryshire Div 1  : 5    : 6  : 3  : 2  : 1  : 13 : 8  : 1st  : Champions, lost playoff   :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mountain Rangers Overview

Rivals: None

Stadium: Cae Gors

Capacity: 500

Owners: Mountain Rangers

Surface: Grass

Stadium Condition: Good

Pitch Condition: Perfect

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Overview

Caernarfon and District Division 1

6th Tier of Welsh Football.

10 teams, each play eachother home and away = 18 games in a season.

Title Favourites: Llanllyfni

Media Prediction for Mountain Rangers: 6th

Staff Overview

Chairman - Lloyd Jones: A locally well known business owner with a passion for football.

Manager - offen94: A mysterious character who never reveals his true name.

Assistant Manager - Luke Davey: Seems more than capable at this level.

Physio - Chris Evans: Wouldn't let him anywhere near one of my broken limbs.

Scout - Marc McCarthy: Very well disciplined, but not too good at scouting.

Team Overview

Goalkeepers

Matty James: Our first choice this season, one of the best in the league.

Malcolm White: A nutter with little skill. The less said, the better.

Defenders

Michael Broughton: Streets ahead of any of my other defenders.

Craig Rees: Right back is definitely a weak link with him first choice.

Tony Bowen: Broughton's central defensive partner in crime.

Stephen Morgan: Same as right back, Morgan is another weak link.

Colin Hughes: Versatile defender who should prove as useful cover.

Matthew Jones: 3rd choice centre back behing Broughton and Bowen.

Midfielders

Brian Roberts: Star player and set piece wizard on the right side.

Joe Hier: Decent centre-mid, thought his name was Hitler at first glance.

John Edwards: Other centre-mid, not as good as Hier.

Aaron Edwards: Technically very poor left midfielder.

Marcus Jenkins: Versatile but not a particularly good player.

Ashley James: Decent cover at right-wing.

Andrew Wilkinson: Versatile attack minded player.

Forwards

Steve Thomas: Supposedly my best striker, but has 2 for Finishing. Good penalty taker.

Nathan Morris: 2nd choice striker with high flair.

Nicky Pearce: Alright in the air, and has extremely high flair.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won with 9 men and kept a clean sheet, very impressive!! Good luck in the season :thup:

Also I have played at this level before but I just hope you don't come across card happy refs as I did, I frequently finished with 9 or 10 men in a match and that was with my tackling on normal!!!

Halfway Update 2010/11

Results

halfway201011.png

League Table

halfway201011table.png

Looking great so far, it's not as easy as it looks though, most games have been tough. Injuries and suspensions haven't been kind to us, and I haven't been able to field my preferred line-up in any of the games. The wins against Llanllyfi and Caernarfon Boro were massive, Llanllyfi were favourites to win the league but they are at the wrong end of the table. The league system is a bit funny, alphabetical order takes priority over goal difference, goals scored and head to head. And, the top two teams play in a promotion play-off, so there is no automatic spot.

Looks like I misunderstood the playoff system, there are 2 rounds. I've been drawn away from home, and there is only one leg, in the semi final. Wish me luck. :/

Wait, I'm even more confused. It looks like the winners of the first round get promoted, and the losers play in final, the winners of which get promoted too. So 3/4 of the teams go up?

Season Review

Results

1011fixtures.png

Table

1011table.png

Play-Off

1011playoffwin.png

Phew. An exasperating first season in charge which ended in play-off glory! A fantastic conclusion to a fantastic year for Mountain Rangers FC. Next season we will be competing in the Gwynedd league, alongside Felinheli who also got promoted. New faces will need to be brought in if we are to stand a chance next season.

The biggest problem for me is that i lose all my best players to teams in the Blue Square because i can't pay them anything and then offer them money and there out of here. Where the loyalty?

finished my second season and twice ive finished 3rd due to it

The biggest problem for me is that i lose all my best players to teams in the Blue Square because i can't pay them anything and then offer them money and there out of here. Where the loyalty?

finished my second season and twice ive finished 3rd due to it

It's unfortunate, luckily my two best players got poached very late on, when I had already consolidated a place at the top. Better luck next time.

Archived