3 subs made, guess what happens next?

Playing as Villa in second season away to Volyn in europa league, last group game having already qualified as winners.

Score is 2-2 despte bossing whole game, I make 3 subs on 74 mins to keep things fresh for the next game and without anything happening james collins goes off injured on 75 mins, WHAT A SURPRISE.

Then luke young decides he's injured on 80 mins, so have to play with 9 men and lose 4-2.

Absolutely pathetic, not even bothered about the score as had already qualified, just happens too many times.

As soon as you make 3 subs, someone is bound to get injured.

NICE ONE, ****ING PATHETIC.

It's your tactics. (lol)

I don't see this as a problem. I use a tactic that is quite harsh on the players, so if I'm winning comfortably I will take 3 players off at half time to save them for the next match. I have only occasionally then had an injury happen. Perhaps you could try telling them to take a breather.

As soon as you make 3 subs, someone is bound to get injured.

NICE ONE, ****ING PATHETIC.

No, its not.

If you do a search I actually responded to another thread just like this where I repeatedly tested this. I made 3 subs at half time, restarted, 3 subs at 60 minutes restarted etc.

In all the tests I did I never once got an injury - getting injuries has no relation to the number of subs you have made or when you make them.

However, making 3 subs in 1 go at 75minutes is just ASKING for trouble. I also pulled up the stats from recent premiership games and they showed that 80% of managers still have at least 1 sub to make after the 80th minute of the game.

So, unfortunately, you bring it upon yourself if you use up all your subs with 15minutes to go.

"In all the tests I did I never once got an injury - getting injuries has no relation to the number of subs you have made or when you make them."

YES, I'M SURE IT DOESN'T!!

That is why he got injured without any action even taking place, post triple substitution.

Proves that injuries can be related to how many subs you make

"In all the tests I did I never once got an injury - getting injuries has no relation to the number of subs you have made or when you make them."

That is why he got injured without any action even taking place, post triple substitution.

He might still have got injured if you didn't make the last sub?

How does that prove anything? You said you made your substitutions at 74 minutes and then he got injured at the 75 minute mark, meaning there was enough time for something to happen for him to get injured.

so your saying the game automatically injures one of your players after you make 3 subs, if you really think that then they should just close this thread now and we can all move on.

Actually - that proves utterly nothing.

I know you are annoyed with the game right now, but you really need to step back and think about this. The game is not 'out to get you'. Its not designed to 'cheat' you.

What happens is it is designed to mimic football in as much detail as possible. If you use all your subs before the 80th minute then you arent mimicing what happens in real matches and thus, weird things might happen to you.

Also, the reason why other people dont see this is that they dont regualarly use all their subs before the 75th minute - if you do regularly do this then that is why you think the two are related. I do often get an injury (or even 2) in the last 10 minutes of the game - but, I always have someone left to sub for them because I keep my last sub until the 85th minute (or dont even use him at all). Occationally I do make 3 subs before the 85th minute but thats a risk you have to take sometimes.

Sucks and feels awful when it happens, but I make 3 subs pretty much every game and it barely happens. I really wish we could take them off for a few minutes and put them back on later though, give them a bit of a break or hope they run it off.

Archived