[FM11] Continental Dominance or Bust!!!

B.W.G

ToMexico!! - I might have to move to Brazil to have a better chance of winning the Copa Libertadores. If I can't win it and I feel I've got them as far as I can then I will move to one of the easier nations to win their continental trophy. The O-league will be a quick one, while African CL may not be that different from the Asian CL. The north american CL however may be more difficult with all the ruling in the MLS.

Rancer890 - He is one of many hot prospects in South America which shows South America has been lucky in regard to regens even though the majority of the best are Argentinians!.

AK22 - That might be a problem due to the agent demanding a minimum fee release clause for him. Trying to see if offering higher sign on fees in the contract without having a minimum release will persuade them to sign.

Just a quick update, have been drawn against San Lorenzo, Fluminense and Blooming in the Copa Libertadores. We beat San Lorenzo 3-1 at home (considered a shock by the media), we were dominated against Fluminense but still managed to draw somehow, we had a home victory against Blooming 4-1 to leave us top with 7 points with 3 games to play.

I have been offered the job of Seattle Sounders but I turned it down as I wanted a crack at the Copa Libertadores even though Seattle is the job I wanted in the MLS, hope the chairman will forgive me in the future :p

Also can someone explain to me how Boca Juniors won both the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana in 2017 as I thought you could only be entered for one continental competition :confused:

If you manage to win all 6 competitions I will worship you as a God!!

I've been following this thread for a while and have been too lazy in my commenting. Your career has shown fantastic progression so far, you make it look all took easy. I couldn't do anything like it myself as I get way too attached to clubs and players and could never move afterwards. I guess this type of management needs a ruthlessness that you have in abundance :p.

KUTGW!

The only thing I get attatched to is the players as I don't really want them to leave. Moving clubs is something different for me as well, I'm normally a one club person so this is the first time at a journeyman career so I thought I would need to be more ruthless :p

pasto_0.jpg

A Deportivo Pasto - Colombian First Division - 2018

Transfers - Not much business done, more deadwood gone while those bought in are the best I can find who have alot of potential and can easily play at a higher level. Matias Vella and Ricardo were a pain to find as we have a limit of 4 foreign players so I needed dual nationality players with one nation being Colombia. I eventually found Ricardo while Vella was offered to us by an agent.

Competitions

League - Winners - First Phase - 2nd Phase - Overall Table - We totally dominated setting new records for goals scored and points amassed. I was disappointed with the loss as our strikers forgot to turn up as we dominated but we lost 1-0, this was merely a blemish in the season. We also set a Colombian 1st Division record for biggest win as we beat La Equidad 9-2. We were always in control of the league as we topped it from start to finish.

Colombian Cup - Winners - I drew the 1st game with Deportivo Cali then won the rest. We scored 53 goals throughout the competition. In the final, we actually deserved to win by more but our strikers were not that prolific. This made it 3 cups on the run but with this competition, we normally gave out 2nd XI a run out as we had more then enough quality to deal with it as we were playing 3 games a week.

Copa Libertadores - Quarter Finals - We got through a tricky group by coming in 1st as we lost our only game to San Lorenzo. In the 2nd round we were drawn against Mexican side Tigres, we drew the 1st leg at home 1-1 while we put in an impressive performance away from home as we won the game 1-0. The quarter finals againsst River Plate just showed how much quality is coming through in Argentina as we were no match for them, we were really lucky not to get stuffed in the 2nd leg as it easily could have been 5 or 6 to them. On the plus side however, River did go on to win the tournament. Argentinian sides have won the last 5 torunaments.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year.

Mauricio Gonzalez was our top goal scorer hitting 39 in 58 in what was a quiet season for him but I put that down for him wanting to move to a bigger club but I kept rejecting his request so his morale lowered. He won Top Scorer as he hit 27 in the league.

Alvaro Berrio topped the assist chart with 30. He is always consistent and his performances led to him being called up where he scored on his debut. Real Madrid did make a bid but I scared them off when I negotiated that I wanted £46 million for him. He won Fans Player of the Year.

Matias Vella completed a double as he won Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year.

A remarkable player has come through the youth ranks, his name is Phil Dobson, not only is he the best to come through they system...he also managed to get lost as he was born in Witney but he is dual nationality as he is English/Colombian.

Expectations

I feel this was my last season at A Deportivo Pasto, I don't feel any attatchment to the club and vice versa it seems. With what I have achieved, they won't upgrade the facilities at all. I've even made it onto the favoured personnel section and we have £35 million available so it isn't lack of funds.

Another reason is the limitations and lack of quality which is available to us. There is little quality available in Colombia and there is a 4 player foreign limit which while only 3 can play in the first XI and there isn't enough youth coming through to give them a bright future. The difference in quality is quite scary as we could have easily lost the 2nd leg against River by 5 or 6 while in the 1st leg we had 1 shot on target.

Where I end up....well even I don't know that yet :p

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao were promoted back to the National 1st Division.

Shanxi Chanba finished 2nd in the leageue and qf in the Chinese cup while they didn't make it out of the groups in the CL. Former Chanba hitman Leonardo Carrasco who moved to Schalke for £6 million was on the move again as he moved to Chelseas for £30 million.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
2011   Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
2012   Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
2013   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
2014   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
2015   Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
2016   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
2017   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
2018   A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.

After a hard think about it, I've decided to resign as manager of A Deportivo Pasto due to lack of ambition from the board. I was approached by New Zealand side Canterbury United Dragons in March which I decided to accept.

CU_Dragons_Logo.jpg

Canterbury United Dragons

Overview - They finished in 8th place which is bottom of the table, the side look like they can adapt to my 4-2-4 tactic I've been using so I should do better. They were predicted 5th so it shows it is a close league as there was only 6 points difference between 5th and 8th.

For the new season I will be looking at getting a top 4 place which will put us in the champions playoff. I chose this job as the O-league is one of the five remaining continental titles I need to win and is also probably the easiest remaining. (The others being African CL, NACL, Copa Lib and the European CL).

hey man, just out of interest, how is your hall of fame looking?

For nationality, I'm 2nd in the English hall of fame. For nations, I am 3rd in China and 3rd in Colombia while I am 2nd in the Asia hall of fame.

Good luck in NZ. You did a grand job in Columbia.

Thanks AK22 :thup: At least you appreciate my hard work unlike the Pasto board :p

I know it is but I want to win all the continental title so I would have to come here eventually, this shouldn't take more then 3 seasons to wrap the O-League up. Also it will be slightly easier as my manager has world class rep so alot of players want to work with me.

All I have to worry about in New Zealand is Auckland City :p

CU_Dragons_Logo.jpg

Canterbury United Dragons - 2019/20

Transfers - I ripped the entire team apart to get rid of any rubbish from the previous season and only kept those who I felt would contribute. Those who I bought in were there for the reason of challenging as I had a look at other teams and decided Auckland clearly had the best players.

Competitions

ASB Premiership - Winners -Table - Semi Final - Final - The transfers worked surprisingly well as I wasn't expecting them to gel that quickly. Our season started off with a bang as we destroyed the favourites Auckland City in the 1st game of the season as we won 6-0!! I put all the draws and losses down to the fact we suffered from inconsistency up fron as we were not prolofici enough otherwise we would have gone unbeaten. Our loss was 1-0 against Waikato which proves there is always a bogey team for me wherever I manage. The semi-final was a even game but for once we were clinical as we took 4 out of 7 chances to book a place in the final against the favourites....Auckland City. Not sure how we won the final but we managed it even if they did dominate the majority of the game but who cares as its us who won the league :p

Players/Awards

Billy Faulkner was our top scorer hitting 9 in 10. He missed some games due to callups for Australia u21's but I doubt I would have got him if it wasn't for my managers reputation as it was a agent who offered him to us.

Marc Warren topped the assist chart with 10 which is a new record at the club. He is also 1 of a few originals I allowed to stay at the club as he was best player at the club when I took over. He also won Fans Player of the Year.

Overview

Well after ripping the entire team apart and putting it back together again, I am relatively surprised that we won the title that easily. We set a new record for goals scored which is a massive improvement from when I took over.

The new season, with minor improvements such as backup and a new DR , we should win the O-League without much problem. If we lose to a team not from New Zealand then I will eat my shorts.

Needless to say that New Zealand will be the shortest stay in my career as I'm only here for the O-League.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao finished a respectable 6th in the National First Division.

Shanxi Chanba finished 3rd again but its nice to see the money I saved up there has come into good use as they are regular title challengers each season.

A Deportivo Pasto won the 1st Phase in 2019 before they sold off all the talent for dirt cheap prices. In the 2nd phase they finished 6th but overall they finished 2nd when combining both phases together.

Season   Club          Nation    Division      Position   National Cup    Continental Cup    Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
2011    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
2012    Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
2013    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
2014    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
2015    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
2016    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
2017    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
2018    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.
2019/20 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A              N/A          Playoff Winners!

The next few posts will be a look at the top flight winners, international winners and players

Club Competition Winners

A quick look at who has won what in the last 10 years for top flight league and national cup.

Australia

Hyundai A League - 2 Wins - Gold Coast Utd, Sydney FC, Central Coast Mariners, Perth Glory 1 Win - Melbourne Heart, Adelaide UTD

Hyundai Final Series - 2 Wins - Gold Coast Utd, Perth Glory, Central Coast Mariners, Brisbane Roar 1 Win - Melbourne Heart, Sydney FC

Brazil

National First Division - 3 Wins - Palmeiras 2 Wins - Fluminense,Internacional,Corinthians 1 Win - Cruzeiro

Brazilian Cup - 2 Wins - Santos,Avai 1 Win - Fortaleza,Vitoria,Fluminense,Goias,Interncional, Gremio

China

Super League - 3 Wins - Chanba,Beijing 2 Wins - Shandong 1 Win - Tianjin,Shenhua

Chinese Cup - 4 Wins - Chanba 2 Wins - Tianjin 1 Win - Henan,Beijin,Dongjin

Colombia (Combingi both 1st and 2nd phase titles)

1st Division - 5 Wins - Pasto,Santa Fe, 2 Wins - Atletico Nacional,Deportivo Cali,Junior 1 Win - Millonarios, America de Cali,Cucuta

Colombian Cup - 3 Wins - Pasto 2 Wins - Santa Fe, 1 Win - Medellin,Deportivo Cali,Real Cartagena,Quindio,America de Cali.

Egypt

Premier League - 6 Wins - Al-Ahly 3 Wins - Zamalek 1 Win - ENPPI

Egyptian Cup - 2 Wins - Zamalek,Arab Contractors 1 Win - Petrojet,Masry,Al-Ahly,Wadi Degla,Olympic Alexandria,Police Union

England

Premier League - 3 Wins - Man City, Man Utd 2 wins - Arsenal 1 Win - Chelsea,Tottenham

FA Cup - 2 Wins - Wigan,Chelsea,Man City 1 Win - Everton,Bolton,Sunderland,Man Utd

Mexico (Both Phase Titles)

First Division - 6 Wins - Chivas 3 Wins - America (Mex), Cruz Azul,Tigres 2 Wins - Monterrey,Santos Laguna 1 Win - Atlas

Champions Trophy - 3 Wins - Chivas 2 Wins - Tigres,America (Mex) 1 Win - Atlas

New Zealand

ASB Premiership - 4 Wins - Auckland City 2 Wins - Canterbury Dragons,Waikato 1 Win - Team Wellington,Waitakere Utd

South Africa

Premiership - 6 Wins - SuperSport Utd 2 Wins - Kaizer Chiefs 1 Win - Santos F.C,Bloem Celtic

Knockout Cup - 2 Wins - Swallows,Sundowns,Jomo Cosmos 1 Win - SuperSport Utd,Bidvest Wits,Maritzburg Utd

U.S.A

MLS - 3 Wins - New York 2 Wins - Chivas USA 1 Win - New England,Salt Lake,Los Angeles,Columbus,Seattle

US Cup - 2 Wins - Chivas USA,Salt Lake 1 Win - New York,San Jose,Houston,Los Angeles,Seattle,Austin (WTF???)

Wales

Welsh Prem - 9 Wins - Neath 1 Win - Llanelli (Neath did 9 in row before LLanelli won in 2019/20)

Welsh Cup - 4 Wins - Neath 2 Wins - T.N.S,Llanelli 1 Win - Haverfordwest,Aberystwyth

Continental Winners (Club and International)

For this post, I will be looking at the international side and major club continetal competition Winners as well as the World Cup and the CWC.

Africa

African Nations - 4 Wins - Senegal 1 Win - Ivory Coast

African CL - 4 Wins - Etoile du Sahel, 2 Wins - Club Africian,Al-Ahly 1 Win- Zamalek,Es Tunis

Asia

Asian Cup - 2 wins - Japan 1 Win - South Korea

Asian CL - 2 Wins - Chanba,Shadong 1 Win - Seongnam,Al-Sadd,Jeonbuk,Albirex,Al-Ittihad (KSA),Qatar SC

Europe

Euro Championship - 1 Win - Portugal,Spain

Champions League - 4 Wins - Barcelona 2 Wins - Man City 1 Win - Arsenal,Valencia,Man Utd,Juventus

North America

Gold Cup - 5 Wins - Mexico (Only 5 been played so far!!)

NACL - 2 Wins - Chivas USA, America (Mex) 1 Win - Cruz Azul,Pachuca,Tigres,Monterrey,Chivas,Salt Lake

Ocenia

Nations Cup - 4 Wins - New Zealnd 1 Win - Vanuatu (They beat NZ in the final :eek:)

O League - 7 Wins - Auckland City 1 Win - Ba,YoungHeart,Team Wellington

South America

Copa America - 1 Win - Paraguay,Peru,Argentina

Copa Libertadores - 3 Wins - Boca 2 Wins - River,Newell's,Internaciobal 1 Win - Palmeiras

World

World Cup - Turkey (2014), Holland(2018)

CWC - 3 Wins - Barcelona 2 Wins - Man City 1 Win - Juventus,Man Utd,Boca,Arsenal,Inter Milan

Players

This is just a quick look at the 5 Most Expensive Players and the 5 best players according to CA (based on GS)

Most Expensive

1. £34 Million - Franck Sylla

2. £28 Million - Khouma Babacar

3. £23 Million - Osvaldo Bravo

4. £22 Million - Thomas Dunne

5. £21.5 Million - Stanley Motaung

Top 5 Best Players (Based off CA off GS)

1. - Federico Cabrera

2. - Mark Connolly

3. - Juan Manuel Saucedo

4. - Jose Manuel Pinilla

5. - Leonardo Carrasco - I knew he had potential but this is beyong what I was expecting. I take claim for giving him his 1st real chance :p

If anyone wants any other screenshots then I will be more then willing to do so!!

I've been given a group of Auckland City,Kossa FC and Hekari United. It should be an easy group, whoever wins the group will probably face BA in the final as I don't see them losing their group.

CU_Dragons_Logo.jpg

Canterbury United Dragons - 2020/21

No Transfers were made as I was happy enough with the squad I had at my disposal.

Competitions

ASB Premiership - Winners - League Table - Playoff Semi Final - Final - The perfect way to end my regin in New Zealand.....unbeaten. We could have won the league but all the draws came after games in the O-League but it shouldn't have had affected them like it did. We did however set a new points total as well as goals scored beating our own record in doing so. The semi-final was disgusting, I layed into the players at full time as we should have had that wrapped up in 90 minutes, not just scraping it 2-1 on penalties. The final was a much better performance and we deserved the win against the top team of New Zealand which clinched a 2nd title for us.

O-League - Winners - Group Stages - Final Leg1 - Final Leg 2 - It really was a walk in the park and most definetely the easiest to win. Auckland didn't even take it seriously as they put out a weakened side so they deserved to go out. I predicted I would face BA and I was right although I was expecting more of a challenge when I faced them in the 1st leg as they had home advantage. With this win it meant 2 down 4 to go.

Players/Awards

Billy Faulkner was top scorer again as he hit 12 in 22.

Marc Warren topped the assist chart with 11 and once again won Fans Player of the Year.

These 2 players were the most consistent which is why they topped their respective charts twice each.

Overview

I did what I said and won the O-League so I quit.

On the plus side....2 down 4 to go in terms of continental competitions.

On the down side because I was playing in a league which was rated 0.5*, I only seem to be getting offered jobs from the 0.5* leagues, anything above is rejecting me. I guess this is my own fault for not starting with New Zealand so I will be working my way back up!!!

Next stop England or Wales.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xiangtao finished 2nd in the National First Division so were promoted to the Chinese Super League.

Shanxi Chanba finished in 2nd and made it to the semis of the Asian CL

A Deportivo Pasto were relegated as they finished bottom overall.....Bloody AI!!!

2010    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      3rd         N/A              N/A             N/A 
2011    Hunan Xiangtao  China   1st Division      2nd        1st Rnd           N/A           Promotion
2012    Hunan Xiangtao  China   Super League      6th        2nd Rnd           N/A          Left 03/12/12
2013    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners           N/A          Won Treble
2014    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble
2015    Shanxi Chanba   China   Super League      1st        Winners          Winners       Won Treble.left 1/1/16
2016    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  2nd Division      1st        Winners           N/A           Promotion.
2017    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double
2018    A.D. Pasto    Colombia  1st Division      1st        Winners          Quarters      Domestic Double.
2019/20 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A              N/A          Playoff Winners!
2020/21 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A             Winners       Double.

As I thought, the only jobs I could get possibly get were in the BSN, BSS or the Welsh Prem, here I am sitting as the new manager of Bury Town!!!

I have taken over Bury Town who were in this position:

BlueSquareBetNorthInformation_LeagueTable.png

They are predicted for 22nd Place so they are doing what they predicted which isn't a good thing in this case. This maybe a hard long slog this season but I am more then capable of flying away from this position. I have a good squad for avoiding relegation, a few better signings and I will easily be mid table or pushing for playoffs depending if I can sustain a successful run.

Let the goal of re-building my reputation begin!!!

Tony Hawker - Flamers will be really happy as the 1st 3 games I've played with them, I've won 2 and drew the other.

ToMexico!! - I wouldn't really call it a step back....it's more of a side step as the BSN is the same rep as the ASB Prem :p

Rancer - I agree with SI needing to look at it. I was getting turned down for jobs in the Colombian 2nd division, Brazilian 3rd division and even League 2 even though I currently have World Class rep!!. Thanks :thup:

AK22 - The only way up indeed so either way I can't do any worse :p

Transfers - The only transfers I am responsible for are the ones from 14/8/21 which were all key signing and played a vital part in Bury Towns progress up the league as they were all 1st teamers. There was only 1 position which I didn't manage to strengthen and that was the AMR which is something I hope to do for next season.

Competitions

League - Table - Wow that was close call. To be fair we were at a disadvantage when I took over as 2 games had been played and both had been lost. Most of our losses were silly ones whether it was controversial or just down right stupid defending. I think there was only 2 games where we were outplayed and lost. The league was near enough wrapped up when we beat Marine 5-1 in the 41st game of the season and clinched the title with a 2-2 draw against Harrogate. It was quite a exciting season where we were top by December and only ever dropped to 2nd after that. Next season will be the 1st time that Bury town will play in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying - We lost to the better team, we played and played but had no luck. I did want a good cup run as this makes most money so I am quite disappointed but their is always next season when I have a stronger team.

FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying - Was disappointed with this performance as the players would not snap out of their complacency. I felt we could have won this but didn't so it was another early exit from a cup for us.

Players/Awards

I won Manager of the Year

Jack Lamb was our top scorer hitting 17 in 37. He also won Fans Player of the Year.

Tom Berry topped the assist chart with 12.

Overview

That was too close for my liking but we managed it so we will be playing at Bury Towns highest ever level. It was close run but everyone was dropping points around us as well. The game which probably decided it was the 5-1 victory against Marine in matchday 41 as we managed to secure a draw which sent us straight up.

For the new season, it is about avoiding relegation and I have managed to sign 2 Mexican u21 internationals who are dual Mexican/English and quite a few English u19s who should be able to make an immediate impact. I also want a good F.A Cup run to help with finances as I only had an average attendance of 527 with help of fan days.

Also we will be facing the other Bury this season in the Blue Square Bet Premier.

Old Club Watch

Hunan Xinagtao finished 16th in the Chinese Super League while Shanxi Chanba finished 2nd. The two teams met in the Chinese Cup 2nd round where Chanba won 2-1, Chanba went on to win the Chinese Cup bit were knocked out in the QF in the Asian CL.

A Deportivo Pasto finished 4th in the 2nd division but failed to make it out of the group stages.

Canterbury Utd Dragons finished 3rd in the league but lost in the semis where as 4th place Auckland won the playoff. Canterbury failed to make it out of the group stage in the O-League.

2020/21 C.U. Dragons  N.Zealand ASB Premiership   1st         N/A             Winners       Double.
2021/22 Bury Town      England  Bl. Sq. North     1st        4th Q.Rnd         N/A          Automatic Promotion!

Archived