Most ridiculous result ever

its down to luck...

but i have a thought. its the match engine as well as tactics.

the match engine obviously has some flaws, it can't be perfect. dominating the whole match, having many CCC, not just controlling possession and taking long shots, and losing on the counter attack is 1 big issue I feel..

to those people who keep saying "its your tactics" , I agree, but it doesnt mean the match engine is not causing those problems. It so happens that some tactics exploit the flaws in the match engine.

What he said.

I'm having some very frustrating times at the moment - my problem is scoring goals despite dominating posession AND chances created. I have all players on "rarely" shoot from long range (BTW in the next edition can we have an option that says "If you shoot from long range I'll break your legs"?), so the chances I create are generally within the box. It seems that after patch 3 the skill level has nosedived - top drawer strikers and midfielders are more likely to hit the corner flag than the target, while the woodwork regularly cops a battering from point blank range.

I accept that "it's my tactics" - what I want to know is why is it that with every patch I have to re-jig my tactics in some random trial and error manner.

It makes me wonder if I'm too casual a customer for SI these days, wanting to only play for a few hours on weekends if I'm lucky. My leisure time is too valuable to be working out why Preston just beat me 2-1 despite some 6 CCC and more than double the shots on target...

I have to say that if I see this going onduring the game play - like if I have 15 shots and 6 on target and haven't scored yet then there is something wrong.

Change up things a bit at half-time - bring on a sub for someone only getting below a 7 (in a game where you're dominating most players should be above 7.0)

Put them on overload - put them on shoot on sight, or work ball into box, or pump ball into box, or get stuck in, or get ball forward.

Check to see if the shots are mostly long shots, set players to shoot long shots less often, set the team to work the ball into the box. That should stop them looking for a long shot and actually pass it.

But there are things you can do. I very rarely come across the 46 shots on target and only win by 1 goal.

have a think you can have many shots on target if there keeper saves them what can you do. god there nothing wrong.

Just played a home game with my Barcelona team against Real Madrid early in the 2nd season..

After 55 minutes i had 8 shots on target, 7 of them was CLEAR CUT CHANCES!!!

Real Madrid on the other hand had 1 (!!!!!!) shot on goal wich was 25 yard long shot from C. Ronaldo..

The score after 55:14?

Barcelona 1 - 3 Real Madrid!!!

Quit game... delete the save "Barcelona"!!

Funny Engine... i will call it luck factor...

Barca, top of the league, against struggling Getafe, most of the game around their box - we lose due to them scoring a 35 yard free kick. ANGRY!. They had nothing else at all, we had about a hundred chances but surprise surprise all at the keeper even using a top class tactic. Certian games it just f*cks you over.

i accept that "it's my tactics" - what i want to know is why is it that with every patch i have to re-jig my tactics in some random trial and error manner.

Wanting to only play for a few hours on weekends if i'm lucky. My leisure time is too valuable to be working out why preston just beat me 2-1 despite some 6 ccc and more than double the shots on target...

spot on!!!

Archived