FM11: Ultimate Gaffer

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to start my new season off here and I realise this - For finishing 2nd in the Championship last year I was given only £22k and then I was told I was getting £32m in TV rights for Europa League and Premier League...but never actually received it. I went on a spending spree with the £27m transfer budget and extra £200k/week wage budget I was given and have now landed myself in dogs dirt and am in the the red by over £2m. Anyone else ever get this where they dont get the TV money?

I got 40 million in TV money, not sure where that went, I spent the 10 million pretty quickly for some good defensive players, just hope I don't end up in the red or I guess I'll be out now I'm on 85k a week myself :S. Yeah, they updated my contract 8).

So my Premier League campaign with Norwich isnt exactly going to plan...

P 10 L 10 GF 5 GA 34 GD -29 PTS 0

So you can say that I'm out of my league...or the drastic changes to the squad I made arent paying off as players aren't gelling so coming up to my Europa League game at the start of November the Spurs boss Tony Pulis get the sack and I am linked with the job. I think to myself, I'll see how I do in the next match and then decide whether or not to apply... When I was 3-0 down at half time I decided to apply - lost the match 4-1 and was offered the spurs job the next day.

Spurs offer

Obviously I take the offer and I am installed as the Spurs as the clock strikes midnight on Saturday 10 November 2018. They lie 15th in the league and have already qualified for the Europa League knockout stages. Squad wise it looks good - they still have an aging Gomes in nets (37 years old) and have some of the current Spurs team there - Lennon, Bale, Huddlestone. But they also have Romelu Lukaku and Phil Jones.

I've got £12.7m to spend in January and £400k in wages to play with. Obviously I dont want to happen what did at Norwich and upset the balance of the squad, so I'll wait and see what players I need the most - but I can imagine its a new GK asap!

Team

Finances

League Table - note Norwich's position...

8 1/2 seasons, 7 clubs, 4 promotions and 2 cup wins (FA cup with Norwich and JPT with Shrewsbury)

Success!

After a decent start to the season we suddenly seemed invincible and soared to the top of the table. We managed to stay in the top spot from about Christmas time until the end of the season. We did get jittery towards the end and with two games left Bournemouth were in 2nd place with same number of points as Stockport. However, we won our second last game while they lost and in the last game of the season - at Bournemouth! - we thumped them 2-0 just to make sure.

http://img560.imageshack.us/i/npowerleague2winners.png/

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/npowerleague2finalstand.png/

We also had decent results in the League Cup and got to the JPT North semi-final - with a bit of luck we could have gone on to the final, but we lost 2-1 away to Peterborough. All in all a good season - and a Manager of the Year award to yours truly:

http://img820.imageshack.us/i/npowerleague2manageroft.png/

My contract was up at the end of the season and after some considerations I decided to stay and see if I can take this team anywhere in the npower League 1. With their finances they wont make it to the Premiership, though - that's for sure!

So far I have strengthened the team in some crucial positions, but even with the promotion the wage budget is stretched to the max (and then some ;)). Main transfers:

In:

• Nathan Ellington (ST, free)
  • Michael Potts (M C, free)
  • Andrea Adamo (D RC, free)
  • Steve Morison (ST, free)
  • Pat Hoban (M/AM RC, loan)
  • + a handful of free transfer young talents for the future.

Out:

• Anthony Lopez Peralta (DM/M/AM C, £40k)
  • + various dead weight players released on free transfer.

I wasn't happy to let Lopez Peralta go, but he was somewhat annoyed with being stripped of captaincy, so seeing as there was no way I could fix that, I decided to let him go and use his wages elsewhere.

I still hope to sign one or two good players before the start of the 2012/2013 season, and cover any remaining gaps with loan players.

Summary:

Season      Club          Division          Position   Trophy Count   Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011   Stockport     npower League 2     14th          -         Hired 10 Feb 2011
2011/2012   Stockport     npower League 2      1st          1         Promoted, League 2 Manager of the Year

My Year Vacation in Italy

Ok got hired By Bennevento in Serie B then i got relegated so i resigned :(

Transfers

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Ultimate%20gaffer/benevento/b.png

End of Season table

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Ultimate%20gaffer/benevento/b1.png

Next Career Move Starting to look like Roy hodgson Career

To teach Brazilians how to play Football

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Ultimate%20gaffer/benevento/i.png

Tomaldinho Season Review 2014/2015

180px-Chesterfield_F.C..png

A season of massive regret. Watford offered me the manager's job in October but I was into the semis of the JPT so thought I'd stick around, although I knew it was a terrible decision from the moment I clicked reject. Naturally I failed in the cup and Watford got promoted. I have already rejected a new contract from Chesterfield and with 12 months to go I don't know whether to quit now or let it run down. Decisions.

Here's the league table. Depressingly, no progress was made. Dire.

Season      Club           Division          Position  Trophy Count        Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/2011   Chesterfield   npower League 2   13th      -                   Hired 28/11/2010
2011/2012   Chesterfield   npower League 2   7th       -                   Playoff semi-finalists
2012/2013   Chesterfield   npower League 2   1st       npower League 2     Promoted
2013/2014   Chesterfield   npower League 1   10th      -                   -
2014/2015   Chesterfield   npower League 1   10th      -                   -

Gareth Stitt - Tottenham Hotspur - English Premier League - Season 2018/2019

When I took over at Spurs in November they were lying in 15th place and my objectives were clear...qualify for EURO cup based on league position, reach FA Cup semi final and Reach EURO Cup quarter final. I managed to do a double and win the EURO Cup - beating Real Madrid 2-0 in the final (though to be fair, I had easy draws until the final itself) and I also won the FA Cup beating Liverpool 2-1 in the final (second year in a row I have won this competition - last season with Norwich)

Gareth Bale won the English Players' Player of the Year award this year also

In January I had to bring in a goalkeeper as the aging Gomes wasnt doing too well for me, so I brought in Soufiene Sghaier - Tunisian re-gen - from Shaktar for £4.6m. As my finances were declining faster than Eddie the Eagle on a Ski Jump ramp the board then cut my transfer and wage budget to basically nothing. I had to register another 2 English players for the Prem League, so signed two free agents - Kieron Richardson for £950/week and Alex Nicholls. Still feeling I needed cover for the right back spot I managed to get 19 yr old Maxime Casabianca on loan for the rest of the season from Marseille.

In terms of summer transfers - I have a kid joining me from Banfield in July - Martin Frediani (Striker hotly tipped to be good)

In terms of finances, I havent been too well through no fault of my own, but as I write this the Chairman has just injected £56m into the club and is expanding the stadium by another 9000 seats

EURO Cup final

FA Cup final

League Table

Finances - Cash Injection - Stadium Development

What now? Well, Im going to see what the summer brings in terms of a transfer kitty and Im already losing several overpaid players due to their contracts ending and I need to buy some English players to meet the league and Euro Cup demands. I'll report back with a transfer summary sometime over the season.

9 seasons, 7 clubs, 4 Trophies (FA Cup twice - Norwich and Spurs, EURO Cup - Spurs and JPT - Shrewsbury), 4 promotions

Jusat read thought this looks like a new and differant challenege so therefore ive loaded up.

Scottish leagues down to third division is my extra leagues, mostly due to my knowledge on the game there.

Don Campbell

doncampbell.jpg

doncampbell2.jpg

Ive decided to do this a little different. The year out of football approch. Going to holiday till around mid february and see what crops up. Also noticed ive started as national. Have i set up incorrect?

Gareth Stitt - 2019/2020 Season - Pre Season Transfer Update - Tottenham Hotspur

I have just the season curtain raiser in the Community Shield beating Man Utd 3-2 in front of 90,000 fans and with the Premier League season under a week away, I thought I'd share my transfers with you. I was given a budget of £30+ and had around £400k a week left also to spend. I managed to sell players and let some leave at the end of their contracts, bringing in just under £12m for these players and have spent £31m so far - but I dont envisage spending anymore this pre season as I dont want to upset the balance of the squad that much.

Transfers In/Transfers Out

Players in...

Alfredo - Spains back up left back

Castellano - Touted as the new Walter Samuel - one for the future, but could do a grat job this season also

Jovetic - Still as rated now as he was when the game first started and only 29 still

Sciacqua - Labelled the next Diego Simeone - same as Castellano, one for the future but a squad player this season

dos Santos - I needed to bring in players trained at club and this was the best of a bad bunch!

Sinclair - been playing right back for England, ex Chelsea trainee, snapped up from Genoa

Marsh - put into Under 18s and will hopefully go on loan to a Championship club

Kanu - good uncapped Brazilian striker

de Jong - put into Under 18s and will perhaps go out on loan

Also have two players joining me over the season and will straight into my Under 18s to build up attributes

Kenan Yilmaz

Ali Mermer

The media predict a 5th place finish for me this season and to be honest, I cant see anything higher myself. But for the first time, I am thinking towards the future and investing in youth players (ones that will be trained at club in 3 years time) - Im a changed man!

10th Season, 7 clubs (Chesterfield, Varzim, Santa Clara, Shrewsbury, Dusseldorf, Norwich, Spurs), 5 Cups (JPT with Shrewsbury, FA Cup with Norwich, Europa League + FA Cup + Community Shield with Spurs)

Gareth Stitt - Tottenham Hotspur - English Premier Division - Season 2019/20

Make mine an invincible quadruple please!!

The season started well with a Community Shield win over Man Utd winning 3-2 with Graham Dorrans scoring an unfortunate own goal for United in the 89th minute to give me the trophy

A few weeks later I beat Inter Milan in the European Super Cup, also winning 3-2

I managed to go the whole league season going undefeated, which is a first for me in any Football Manager game ever, amazing feeling! P38 W30 D8 L0 GF93 GA27 GD+66 Pts 98 - finishing ahead of Man U who had 85

I was put of the League Cup in the 4th round by Chelsea who beat me 1-0 after extra time

I won the Europa League again (2nd in a row) beating Lyon in the final 1-0

I won the FA Cup again (2nd in a row for Spurs, 3rd in a row for me as a manager) beating Middlesboro 2-0

I actually only lost 3 games all season - 2 in Europa League and 1 in League Cup

Other notes - the player Kanu I signed turns out to be amazing and in 57 starts for me has scored 43 goals. I signed him for £5m and his valuation is only £7m still - I expect this to shoot up over the summer

So I've qualified for the Champions League for the first time and will want to give it a huge stab next season. Ive realised I need to play my kids more, so in League Cup and FA Cup this coming year I will be using only squad and reserve/u18 players, so I can focus on League and Champions League

Financially, its still terrible, though I expect the chairman to pump some more money in over the summer

Finances

10 Seasons, 7 clubs (Chesterfield, Varzim, Santa Clara, Shrewsbury, Dusseldorf, Norwich, Spurs), 1 League Title (Spurs), 8 Cups (JPT with Shrewsbury, FA Cup with Norwich, 2 Europa Leagues + 2 FA Cups + Community Shield + European Super Cup with Spurs)

OK, so that's season 1 and the first trophy in the bag. Despite letting pretty much all of our old first time go we managed to bring in a bunch of French and Italian stopgaps who've somehow gelled into a championship-winning side.

Hartlepool United Transfer History 2011/12

Stefano Del Sante in particular has been a revelation and has been linked to Derby and Verona. So that's nice.

Anyway, MK Dons were our main threat this season and led until halfway, but 10 wins out of our last 12 saw us pretty much **** the division in the end. So that's one trophy ticked off.

Trophies Won

nPower League 2 - 2011/12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived