preferred moves list?

I can provide you the list mate, straight from the language file, I think the list is complete although looking into code is sometimes trciky, I think most of PPMs are pretty meaningfull as well.

But for more explanations regarding positions and role, I recall a thread where somebody pointed out another thread on FM-Base which was pretty good actually, can't find it again though, I should have add it to my subscriptions list. Hope it helps

Here you go

Runs With Ball Down Left 

Runs With Ball Down Right 

Runs With Ball Through Centre 

Runs With Ball Often 

Runs With Ball Rarely 

Gets Into Opposition Area

Gets Forward Whenever Possible

Arrives Late In Opponents Area

Stays Back At All Times

Plays Short Simple Passes

Tries Killer Balls Often

Plays No Through Balls

Likes To Switch Ball To Other Flank

Tries Long Range Passes

Looks For Pass Rather Than Attempting To Score

Plays One-Twos 

Shoots From Distance

Shoots With Power

Places Shots

Curls Ball

Tries First Time Shots

Hits Free Kick With Power

Tries Long Range Free Kicks

Possesses Long Flat Throw

Likes To Round Keeper

Likes To Lob Keeper

Likes To Try To Beat Offside Trap

Marks Opponent Tightly

Dives Into Tackles

Does Not Dive Into Tackles

Plays With Back To Goal

Comes Deep To Get Ball

Dictates Tempo

Dwells On Ball

Stops Play

Attempts Overhead Kicks

Knocks Ball Past Opponent

Likes To Beat Man Repeatedly

Tries Tricks

Avoids Using Weaker Foot

Moves Ball To Right Foot Before Dribble Attempt

Moves Ball To Left Foot Before Dribble Attempt

Uses Outside Of Foot

Moves Into Channels

Cuts Inside

Hugs Line

Tries To Play Way Out Of Trouble

Likes Ball Played Into Feet

Gets Crowd Going

Winds Up Opponents

Argues With Officials

The only thing I am sure of is that there are in the french language file of FM2011, basically I have the english PPM and the french translation just beside. As i am a bit curious I have as well players interaction regarding learning of some moves. So maybe it is not of any use in the game, but I am 100% sure they are in this translation file.

Naks, is this the guide you're talking about?: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/player-preferred-moves-guide-a-definitive-look-t31727.html

I wrote it some time ago for FM10, based on my opinions of how they seem to work, so I dont claim it to be 100% accurate by any means, though it would be nice if someone from SI could have a look and say either way.

Naks, is this the guide you're talking about?: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f73/player-preferred-moves-guide-a-definitive-look-t31727.html

I wrote it some time ago for FM10, based on my opinions of how they seem to work, so I dont claim it to be 100% accurate by any means, though it would be nice if someone from SI could have a look and say either way.

That's a great guide, good job :thup:

thats what i was looking for, thanks man

Yes, exactly this guide thanks, I think there is definitely some interesting thougths in it. Cheers, bookmarked!

• 3 months later...

curious about the italics ppms, i know you can't teach them, but can they be learned thru tutoring. for instance i have a midfielder with "arrives late into opponents area late" and i want some of my youngsters to learn this as well. but if this can't happen i don't want to have him tutoring anyone as he really doesn't have much else to offer.

Good guide, although I think there are some new ones for FM11 e.g. knocks ball past opponent. I have this on a poacher with 17 pace and acceleration and it seems to work well.

Archived