*** Live from Cape Town - FMS Awards 2006 ***

Raptor

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably best to keep going: Funniest Story is up next. This new award was only added a couple of months ago, following a multi-stage forum discussion. Five different candidates are up for it, and let me disclose this: it DIDN'T end up in a tie... icon_razz.gif

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Story Of An Aspiring Manager - From Unemployment To Glory (caleyjag)

<LI>The Siege of London (AAC) (Educated Hick)

<LI>Why We Shouldn't Let Deities Decide How To Run Football (HD)

<LI>Down Under with the FMS Gang (Spav)

<LI>Saxemara? Damn, I Thought You Said Sexy Mama! (Peacemaker7)

Not sure but is that the first award to be won THREE times ever?

Anyway, thanks for this. As Raptor also stated before, and so have I, that winning this particular award is always very special because the person you have created in many ways contains a part of you.

So does this count as two awards or one, now I'm confused icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Anyway, thanks for this. As Raptor also stated before, and so have I, that winning this particular award is always very special because the person you have created in many ways contains a part of you.

So does this count as two awards or one, now I'm confused icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It very much counts as two awards won icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

So does this count as two awards or one, now I'm confused icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta be two awards, Shirley. icon14.gif

Well done CF2, welcome to a very exclusive club icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mikezone13, Peacemaker7, stevewall, Bobbev, OMDave, Spav.

THats a pretty impressive club actually!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Along with your fellow zimmerframe club member, who's won Best Challenge for the third year running.

Why thank you Terk, an Ardbeg would go down nicely at this point, along with a pint of Old Peculiar I fancy.

And well done Xenon on the Rest of the World story tie, I voted for you mate, and so did myself out of the solo claimiming of said award ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Along with your fellow zimmerframe club member, who's won Best Challenge for the third year running. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right but technically I've won it four times icon_wink.gif, although I can honestly see Bob winning Best Challenge as long as he wants, the guy has a phenomonal imagination.

We venture onward with the award for Funniest Writer. The trained eye will notice that we have recitified the slight error that was made last year when this award was handed out as Most Funniest Writer (my apologies for that icon_wink.gif)

Anyway, the nominees:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>HD

<LI>Lord Crumb

<LI>Peacemaker7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Will PM7 be celebrating his 21st again tonight?(21st award that is) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I always said when I got to 20 I would retire icon_eek.gif

No need to feel sorry for HD there PM, because he's doing his best to interrupt your winning streak in this category, and successfully I might add!

That's right, HD doing his best public transport impression: you wait ages for something to come along, and then a couple show up at the same time.

Funniest Writer 2006 is HD!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

well i voted for it. Knew I should have voted for myself... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't have made a lick of difference, even if your vote counted triple!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

PM - get zone alarm the **** off your msn so it stops blocking my messages. Ty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

weird MSN has full priveleges. I have baggers online icon_frown.gif

*feels he's not keeping up with everything here, could it be the drink ? let's have another....*

*meanwhile let's have a go at this side show, run by a llama, he says he'll pick my team for my newly purchased copy of FM2007, and he says... Nieuwkerken - Belgian Third Division A !*

*could be an FM2007 story or two on the way...*

[intermezzo]

Feeder clubs finally make their entrance in FM 2007, but outside the game, such agreements have been in place for years. One of the earliest feeder club agreements was agreed in Cape Town. Raptor’s favourite team Ajax were the driving force behind establishing Ajax Cape Town. Formed in 1999 from Seven Stars and Cape Town Spurs, the team has had limited success both in terms of prizes won and players trained for their parent club Ajax. Only Steven Pienaar and Benni McCarthy have managed to make the journey to Europe with any success, while teenage prodigy John Obi Mikel also had a short spell with the club.

These close ties will naturally be beneficial to the Dutch National squad when they travel to South Africa for the World Cup. Current coach Marco van Basten has always been heavily Ajax-oriented and he can be expected to use his influence with the club to give the Dutch XI the best preparation they can get.

[/intermezzo]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

well i voted for it. Knew I should have voted for myself... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't have made a lick of difference, even if your vote counted triple! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why did nobody tell me my votes count triple? icon_frown.gif

Three left, and not by coincidence, the three biggest awards in the ceremony...

First of these is Writer of the Year, the only one of the Big Three that hasn't yet seen somebody win it more than once...

The candidates:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>BobBev

<LI>chesterfan2

<LI>Faramir

<LI>Peacemaker7

Well done HD, now that is one award that is fully deserved. Along with BoN and myself you have always been one of the most consistently funny writers on this forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A funny lawyer icon_rolleyes.gif

First of these is Writer of the Year, the only one of the Big Three that hasn't yet seen somebody win it more than once...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well then I guess that's about to end as we are sending PM into a forced retirement.

Congratulations Peacemaker7 for his astonishing tally of twenty awards.

The last storywriting category of the evening and it's the most important one. The nominees for Story of the Year are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Story Of An Aspiring Manager - From Unemployment To Glory (caleyjag)

<LI>I need to PP ! PP-70 that is (chesterfan2)

<LI>To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker7)

<LI>Sacred Victory (-Xenon-)

Well you know there have been, and still are a hell of a lot of fine writers on this forum. Certainly the list of nominations for this award this year was as ever of a very high standard. In many ways, Writer of the Year is the highest accollade you can win on this forum, and I for one am extremely delighted to have won this award for the 2nd time!

OK well now you've all finally made me happy! I have tried for six years or so to win this fuking award, and consistantly failed. Whilst I do feel that the Faroes effort is probably my best story on this forum, it has to be said that the standard of opposition was still exceptionally high. There are some excellent stories around, even at a time when perhaps the forum is not at its peak and I can't even begin to express the absolute joy you have given me.

21 awards is just silly though, you guys need to stop icon_wink.gif

(I'm kidding btw!)

And so the time has come for the last award of the evening, that of FMSer of the Year. The leading award in terms of community membership, even at a time when community activity is a lot smaller than it used to be.

In the mod corner, double champion Terk and US contender Faramir take on Educated Hick, on behalf of the writers. To complete the field, the half-gods send PM7 to the battlefield...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

PM7 - what's your record for most awards at a single ceremony?

I make that 6 awards just for tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Won eight in the first year I was here, which is a record I don't think anyone can touch.

PM7 - what's your record for most awards at a single ceremony?

I make that 6 awards just for tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PM had 6 in 2001, and he had 5 in 2002. I also had 5 in 2000.

Archived