[FM11] Special OneTop 2.0 Classic

Tried this tactic most of last season. Great results, scoring a lot more than my own high tempo 4-4-2. I was already on a 30 games unbeaten run in the league, but I scored a lot more with this tactic. Including 9-1 in the CL semis and 4-0 in the final vs Barca with a very young side and less than 1 million/week in wages.

I´ve started to rotate in my old (really good!) 4-4-2 now, as I´m not scoring as much as I used to - anyone else noticed problems like this? Too many games with 30 shots, 2-3 CCC and 1 goal.

10icbhk.png

What you'll find is the tactic is still unreal going forward, but i'm starting to get exposed pretty badly defensively. The mentality of the DC's & FB's is very attacking, so more work i think needed to try and find a better balance.

Most of the goals I concede are either balls over the top of the fullbacks that are crossed in and finished, or CB's being pulled apart and strikers getting 1 on 1's. I suspect we could rectify this by changing some of the marking instructions (zonal / man) and maybe increasing the width / decrease the closing down, but i've not managed to find the right marking instructions in this years game yet.

Let me know how you get on / if you make any changes...

Kept it the same all season and missed out on the league to Real Madrid by virtue of them scoring a 95th minute winner in the final game! Seemed to have different issues to most, defensively pretty sound (35 conceeded, third best in league) and whilst we were top scorers with 90, this is below what I would expect. Lots of CCC's not taken, a stupid amount of penalties missed etc. These are known ME bugs, however I think that the fact that you score more with crosses than CCC's in this version means I am looking for a wider tactic to implement as I take over at Barca......

This tactic is even working with lower league teams.

I use the version as posted by Klaus, the tweaked one I'm going to test out next week as I currently don't have the time as I got to work until Sunday.

Next week however, it's back to FM2011.

Still, for me personally, this is currently the best FM11 tactic, a bit funny as it was designed in FM10.

lol

If you done some tweaks share with us please. This tactic is awesome with my Porto I win Euro League in the first season. In the second season I lost to Lyin in the quarter of the ECL but I had more CCC and dominated the game. Sorry for my english but i am Portuguese.

• 3 weeks later...

some one could post the tweaks? I think this tactic is the best of all tactics but need some tweaks on the central miedfielders and to make players dont shot from long distances and take the ball to the area. For people who didnt try this tactic should try it for one season at least to see how this tactic is great. Sorry for my english.

In Fm2011 this tactic creates so many chances but in FM2010 your front man used to convert them all, he doesnt convert as much in FM2011. This tactic is knowhere as near as good as it was in FM2010 your striker was much more prolific i can remember a 85 goal Neymar season. I would like to see what tactic the guy has made tfor Fm2011, cause this was the best tactic in FM2010 and i tried loads of peoples tactics but this was the best by a long long way,

This tactic work even better in the new patch than the older. I am with Aston Villa after 12 games i am 2nd 2 points below Arsenal with 1 less game. Agbonlahor scored 17 goals in 11 games for League. In general he have 29 goals in 18 games. This tactic is briliant!!! Sorry for my English.

I made some tweaks too and worked for me:

-Full Backs i gave them to mark tight;

-Give AMCL/AMCR to run with ball always;

-Reduce 2 notchs (i dont know if write that way lol) on mentality of CM's;

Try and post if did any effect to your team.

I made some tweaks too and worked for me:

-Full Backs i gave them to mark tight;

-Give AMCL/AMCR to run with ball always;

-Reduce 2 notchs (i dont know if write that way lol) on mentality of CM's;

Try and post if did any effect to your team.

i think that mark tight for fullbacks its good tweak because i conceded most of my goals from flanks or ball behind my fullbacks....hope it will work for my side ...thx for sharing those tips

Tertziniu if you done some tweaks share. My defence still very bad. But i concede less goals from crosses. Agbonlahor in february have already 35 goals in 27 games on league. But my defence start piece me offfff!!!! Someone could tweak them please and post here? CM need tweaks to they dont defend like they should.

Goose54 try and post if work for you. Season 1 defoe score like hell but in season 2 i bought Torres and he doesnt score to many goals but is always injured. But macheda his doin right. I tweaked more the defense. The attack still the same. But try. Do some tweaks if you want.

You have to be patient because team need to blend until October or November. In pre-season Match preparation is work-overload at maximum in team blend. In season i leave to assistant manager. Sorry again about my english.

But in champions in group phase in 4 games he already scored 8 goals. In league in january he have 11 goals in 13 games. I think its because he is always injured. Beacuse he had a good start until he got injured.

Aye, it'll take him a while to settle in as well. I'm sure the goals will start flying in. 11 in 13 isn't half bad either!

I moved to inter and i dont have any image of the squad. But i can tell you the transfers that i made. In first season i dont buy anyone to save some money. In second season sold modric lennon and defoe for a total of 30M. Than i bought Torres for 50M (48 months), robben 60M (48 months) and hazard, rodwell and shawcross. I won everything except european supercup (shawcross get a redcard at 7min) and loose England cup at half final to (against ****ING Reading i dominated the game than they made 1 shot and score).

• 3 weeks later...

Had 6 friendlys won 3 lost 3 but i think that was due the team not knowing the tactic.

Played 2 games in the prem and one cup match all 2-1 but still not yet used to the tactic so will see how it goes in the next couple of matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Played this tactic on my newcastle save 11.2.1 patch with pretty good results the first season was trying quite a few different ones so wasnt a great season and finished 14th then pre -season for my second season i started using this tactic and bought some players which i thought would fit into this tactic well and had a lot better season finishing 5th ( missed out on 4th by 2 points ) lost league cup semi by 1 goal and lost in final of fa cup to man u 2-1 so disappointed to lose in cups but the improvements over the first season was huge .

Archived