Dear SI

The post from an SI guy that replied to a bug in the 2010 bug forum that really got got me was, and I paraphrase: "We'll have to look at that bug next year, as it would require a complete re design for this edition"....

That to me is ridiculous.

Why? Should they redesign the game?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are some valid points in your post, but I would like to respond on a couple of them.

First of all, let me ask you this: Name one product, that's either software or software-based (like MP3-players or eReaders), that is perfect right out of the box and does NOT require patches and/or updates?

As i have said many times before, if you are happy comparing SI with EA and Eidos, then you should be really happy with the game no matter what. But some of us have been spoilt by SI of the past where in the games were always almost perfect. Yes there were bugs but not frustrating/gamebreaking bugs of the last couple of years. We would like the return of that SI rather than the SI which is only better than EA or Eidos

SI simply CANNOT test the entire game. There are too many different ways with which to play this game, and too many variables that will have an influence on it, to be able to test the entire game and thus ensure that you release a perfect product. However, agreeing with you, I would like to point out that some bugs (like last years corner bug, or this years transfer bug) are very much on the surface and should have been noticed and corrected pre-release.

Yes SI cannot possible test out the entire game. But they are missing some serious bugs even when it is being shoved into their faces. For example any one who tested the game by playing a single game could easily see that the widgets move around in TV view...a single use of custom views would show that they were disappearing almost as soon as you create them (even now its not yet right..i get a long "custom" string attached but thats a very minor bug compared to what was happening initially) and playing for a couple of seasons (or even going on holiday) would show that there is a gamebreaking problem with the transfer system. So either some very superficial testing was done..or SI okayed the release of the patch even though they knew about the problems.

just out of curiosity, does anybody here actually remember the major gamebreaking bugs from the release version of FM10, or FM9, etc... or the issues in the first patches of these games???

i got FM10 on release day and played it a lot. i posted in the OTF FM thread as well as viewed and posted on GD, and i do not remember from personal experience, or the feedback on the forums, the major issues.

could it be that most of the people have rose tinted glasses on when comparing this years version to previos editions?

But still unplayable according to 1 of your previous posts.

So the best game in its genre is unplayable according to you.

Why can't you praise something when there is something wrong with it?

You just did:

'Its the best one around"

So you keep on praising FM when there's so many things wrong with it yourself...

Please tell me why you are saying I can't do something you do yourself.

I'm at work and can't play right now.

I'm not complaining against people having valid complaints (people posting bugs in the bugs section of this forum). I'm just getting tired of the attention whores in this section of the forum, that's all.

Not at all; but I really would suggest you skip FM12. Or at least postpone purchase until march.

What are the odds you will be back 15/11/2011 with 'FM12 is unplayable, FM11 is so much better'

Pretty high, I reckon.

Well, back to work for me and then some FM11 tonight.

:thup:

Excellent Post

We are not talking about some bugs here and there. We are talking about major bugs that ruin the game world and prevent people from enjoying the game.

May prevent you form enjoying the game but not me.

And don't forget the corner bug!! I mean, central defenders actually became top goal-scorers in a lot of leagues because of the corner bug. 18+ goals a season for a couple of them actually.

It wasn't actually a bug it was an exploit selecting specfic players for corner positions

Archived