[FM11] Revie was my hero.

E.Gray

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC United - Blue Square Premier - 2020/2021

Middle table, Nice football, inability to score, is the 3 words i would use to describe our season, the highlight no doubt was getting to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup which is a very proud achievement considering the teams we beat and how we nearly beat Championship Luton Town, apart from that there was not a whole lot to get excited about, we did pass the ball better then any other team in the divison, but our strikers were just pure shocking with the lead scorer only collecting 10 goals, my biggest disappointment was the FA Trophy which in fairness lose to the eventful winners Southport in the 3rd round, which had to be replayed, but that was the competition i singled out at the start of the season, so not to get any closer was disappointing.

League Table

Transfers

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Key Players

Liam Mills - Fans player of the year.

Liam Boyce - Top Scorer.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements/Landmarks      
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      
2010/2011       Woking              UK         Blue Square South         17th          Started Management career      
2011/2012       Woking              UK         Blue Square South          7th          1 point off Play offs        
2012/2013       Alfreton Town       UK         Blue Square North         19th          Saved From Relegation      
2013/2014       Alfreton Town       UK         Blue Sqaure North          5th          Promoted Via Play-offs      
2014/2015       York City           UK         Blue Square Premier       22nd          Relegated to BSN    
2015/2016       Forest Green Rovers UK         Blue Square South         12th          Appointed Manager    
2016/2017       Forest Green Rovers UK         Blue Square South          9th                 -    
2017/2018       Forest Green Rovers UK         Blue Square South          3rd          Play Off Semi Finals   
2018/2019       Gainsborough TrinityUK         Blue Square North           -           Left in January  
2019/2020       FC United           UK         Blue Square North          1st          League Champions
2020/2021       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier       11th          FA Cup 3rd Round   

Next Season

Pretty Much the same objectives as last season, i really want that FA Trophy.

FC United - Blue Square Premier - 2021/2022

REVOLT REVOLT REVOLT..... is what this season was about, it changed my view on how to handle players and how we gonna play, the first half was duller then dishwater and then it happened, Liam Wilson got sent off, i was sick of my players getting booked and the lack of discipline, so i fined him one week and then pretty much the entire team said they were unhappy and wanted to talk to me, the players that backed down, stayed and the players that didn't were placed on the transfer list, never to play again for me or this club, this changed my view on how the team was gonna play it football, they had it better then pretty much anyone in the league with me allowing them to play free flowing, passing football without the concentration on results but no more, we played for the rest of the season direct football that wins us games, this change in direction worked wonders, lifting us from 16th to 7th, which it pretty amazing considering the club is spending just 8k per week on wages.

League Table

Transfers

2nd in manager of the year award

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Key Players

Adrian Andrews - 14 goals, best striker this season.

Liam Boyce - 10 goals again, pretty decent again.

Matty Osbourne - Captain of the side, played well all season.

Career Overview:

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements/Landmarks       
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------       
2010/2011       Woking              UK         Blue Square South         17th          Started Management career       
2011/2012       Woking              UK         Blue Square South          7th          1 point off Play offs         
2012/2013       Alfreton Town       UK         Blue Square North         19th          Saved From Relegation       
2013/2014       Alfreton Town       UK         Blue Sqaure North          5th          Promoted Via Play-offs       
2014/2015       York City           UK         Blue Square Premier       22nd          Relegated to BSN     
2015/2016       Forest Green Rovers UK         Blue Square South         12th          Appointed Manager     
2016/2017       Forest Green Rovers UK         Blue Square South          9th                 -     
2017/2018       Forest Green Rovers UK         Blue Square South          3rd          Play Off Semi Finals    
2018/2019       Gainsborough TrinityUK         Blue Square North           -           Left in January   
2019/2020       FC United           UK         Blue Square North          1st          League Champions 
2020/2021       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier       11th          FA Cup 3rd Round
2021/2022       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier        7th                    - 

Next Season

5th or above in the league

FC United - Blue Square Premier - 2022/2023

Argghh, 2 silly points off the plays offs, i thought we deserved to be there this season and we were until morcecambe started scoring in there last game, what really cost us a place was the tactical confusion that seemed to hit the team, i swapped and changed my tactics back and forth from pretty football to direct football, as both offered no solution to the goal scoring problems that cost us a shot at the big time. In the end i need to settle on a tactic and that will most likely be the direct football, but most importantly sign someone who can score.

League Table

Transfers

200 games for FC United

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Key Players

Adrian Andrews - Injured for 3 to 4 months.

Liam Boyce - Very poor this season, wont be renewing his contract.

Matty Osbourne - Captain of the side, played well all season again !!!

Career Overview:

2021/2022       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier        7th                    -  
2022/2023       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier        6th                    -

Next Season

Same as last season, top 5 please.

Keep up the not getting FC United promoted. :)

You will love my next update then :(

This is a brilliant career, nice to see someone who doesn't instantly rocket up the leagues, more realistic this way.

Promotion just round the corner though, so good luck!

Cheers :)

Yes i agree, this is what i am going for... realism ;)

lol.

FC United - Blue Square Premier - 2023/2024

This will be the last update that will contain FC United in the title, as i have offered my Resignation to the board and they of course accepted, it a shame that i am leaving after a really decent stint with the club full of mostly happy memories, the reason why i am leaving the club is that since the new owners who took over in the middle of last season, the club has been leaking massive amounts of money and now has to lend to pay off the debt, mostly because they gave me a huge 3 year contract on 9k per week, which is utter crazy at this level i've found out, since the board are bunch of idiots there was a decrease in my wage bill (which i have vastly underspend for the last two and half season), which only allowed me to sign one extra player, which was not enough to push us over the play - off line leaving us 4 points off 5th place, more annoyingly we were in the top 5 for most of the season, but we bottled our last 4 games and there you go, more non - league football next season who ever with. I think what has let me down is the grand illusion that non-league actually dabbles in tactics, this has seemed to cost me, as the players are so simple in the brain that they can't understand, this won't be a mistake i will be making next time.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Career Overview:

2022/2023       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier        6th                    -  
2023/2024       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier        7th                    - 

Next Season

New Club.

Update

Stevenage Career

24.10.24 - 26.11.24

League Table When i joined

League Table when i left

I joined and left pretty quickly, the atmosphere in the dressing room was dire, there was 2 main players at each other throats, but the main reason was because the staff had big long contracts, so i could not bring in my own. Goodbye.

Aldershot Town

League Table when i joined

Fantastic upgrade compared to FC United, 3rd highest attendances in the league, two fantastic strikers. So i am quite optimistic.

Aldershot - Blue Square Premier - 2024/2025

Ah the bitter taste of Wembley Final defeat, On joining the club i was shocked and very surprised to see Aldershot in the position that they had placed themselfs in, the squad had a good goalie, two 20 goals per season Strikers and not too shabby of a defense, but i knew this on when facing them when i was manager of FC United, so it was one of the reason why i joined the club alongside the fact that they boasted the 4th highest attendance in the league. The League was something i was pleased about i managed to drag them up 2 places when the season had finished, which made sure we didn't end up getting ourself relegated, which was of course the main aim when arriving at the club, what stopped us advancing further up the league was that i had to rest players for our FA Trophy fixtures, because i knew the squad had enough quality to pull the right results up when needed for our relegation battle. Our Cup run took us all the way to Wembley which was truly a highlight in my career so far, what happened in the final i will talk further down the post in much greater detail, in the end this season had provided us with a good platform for us to mountain my ambitious plans for a League and Cup Double.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Cup Final

FA Trophy History

Match Overall

Match Statistics

Press Report

Been at Wembley and playing in front of 46 Thousands was superb, it gotta be my highlight of my career so far, We were favorites to beat Blue Square North Boston United, and it to be honest we did that apart from in front of goal, we out played them pretty much everywhere on the pitch and for them to come away with 3-0 victory is somewhat of a disgrace, on a different day they would of been knocked for six, but lad luck shone on them and we ended up with the runner up medals.

Key Players

Oliver Powell - Club Captain, pretty much guarantee to score 20 + Per Season.

Matt George - Second best striker.

David Alcolea - First player i bought in, on loan from stoke for 1 month was fanastic got 4 goals in 6 games, already secured him for next season.

Career Overview:

2023/2024       FC United           UK         Blue Square Premier        7th                    -  
2024/2025       Stevenage           UK         Blue Square Premier          -           Left after 50 days. (my clough moment) 
2024/2025       Aldershot           UK         Blue Square Premier        17th          FA Trophy Finalists 

Next Season

League and Cup Double.

Finished 6th last season again, will update fully later, but already started next season,

Board have chopped my budget, the tactics that worked last season don't work this season, awful start, 19th with 7 points from 7 games.

i am seeing an obvious pattern and i am just at the end of my teather, gonna pack it all in if it doesn't get any better, **** been a non- league legend.

Aldershot - Blue Square Premier - 2025/2026

Yet one more season of nearly play-offs, the patterns in this years version are not amusing, it getting pretty tedious now.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Career Overview:

2024/2025       Stevenage           UK         Blue Square Premier          -           Left after 50 days. (my clough moment)  
2024/2025       Aldershot           UK         Blue Square Premier        17th          FA Trophy Finalists  
2025/2026       Aldershot           UK         Blue Square Premier         6th                  - 

Next Season

Promotion

Oldham - Blue Square Premier - 2026/2027

Changed clubs, terrible end to the season, the squad buckled under the pressure, towards the end.

League Table

Squad

Career Overview:

2025/2026       Aldershot           UK         Blue Square Premier         6th                  -  
2026/2027       Oldham              UK         Blue Square Premier        17th                 - 

Next Season

Good luck with Oldham, hope next seasons goes well for you. Your bibliography must be looking long now?

Cheers, i hope so as well mate. biography

Really enjoying this read. Best of luck at Oldham. Former Premier League side so can you revive them.

Yep, gonna take this one more slowly and build them up.

Best of luck at Oldham. How much they giving you for wages?

Cheers.

10k per week with the aim of getting into the top half of the table.

You really like the BSP don't you? :p

Oh simply loving it :rolleyes:

Oldham - Blue Square Premier - 2027/2028

We made great strides in getting closer to bringing back league football to Boundary Park, it was a odd season in terms of that our first game we got smashed off the park 5-1 at home to mid-table Vauxhall motors, which meant that we had a bit of a slow start, but once we got going and found our form we for 13 matches were unbeatable, half way though the season we were the ones putting pressure on then league leaders Eastbourne Boro (who had a more disappointing season then us, been league leaders for most of the season and then finishing runners up in the FA Trophy) the start to the second half was pretty decent we did lose a few but i expected not much else from a side who had done so well earlier in the year, then we started to approach the business end and one result i reckon pushed over the edge, which was the FA Trophy 4th round which we had to replay due to drawing the away game, coming back home i thought this is in the bag because it was against bottom side Macclesfield.... but nope we some how got smashed 5 - 1, we managed to some how beat FC United 1 - nil on the Tuesday after that, but what that 4th round did was destroy a whole lotta confidence and also overstretch our players for no reward which as everyone knows is the two main triggers for a bad run of form and that what we had, losing 4 games in a row then we managed to beat awful Thurrock and Rusden & Diamonds we gave our us a play - off spot, but even with them two results the confidence had still not returned, with us then going on and only gaining 1 point out of the 3 games left, this left us finishing 4th with a semi final play offs against Stafford Rangers. It was season if taken our chances we could of easily won the league, as no one really seemed like they wanted to win it, looking at the squad it lacks a 20 a season goal scorer which just pays homage to our brilliant defence and midfield, hopefully in summer we can make the right singings and then push onto a successful campaign next season.

Play Off Semi Final

Leg 1

3 - 0 up and i couldn't believe it, i thought they had done it, sorted them selfs out......... and then bang, bang, bang 3-3 :(

Leg 2

Didn't play well, but we hung on and on, then we had a few chances ourselfs to finish the game off, but to kick us right in the teeth they hit the back of the net in stoppage time, with no time to react they send us out and left us with at least one more season of non league.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Cup Runs

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Career Overview:

2026/2027       Oldham              UK         Blue Square Premier        17th                 -  
2027/2028       Oldham              UK         Blue Square Premier         4th          Play Off Semi Finals 

Next Season

League takes all priorities, they can stick there cups up you know where.

4th should be considered a success, nice one. Best of luck next season, sounds like you have a soild base to build on. Who was your star perfomer?

Sorry, i forgot to pick out my star performers, will add them later in my post.

Hope next season is the year to finally get into the Football League mate...

Just win the bloody league title and there's no need to worry about playoffs. :p

Hadn't though of acutally winning it, no no that would be too unrealistic :)

Haven't even started the new season yet, got tons of college work due to be handed in on Friday, it been piling up because since getting the game i have nearly spent 6 days on the bloody thing.

Plus i been reading the forums and it seems people are finding morale a bigger problem then any other previous version, which is something i can relate too, i think this big factor in why my teams tend to bottle it at the end of the year, because a couple of bad results makes there morale plummet, but i've found a way to deal with that now, so i am looking at the prospect of promotion next season.

Archived