FM 2008: Everton - Where Andy Johnson scores for fun

Becksmania

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TopToffee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaGringoKilla:

aj for me and bassicaly irl is crap

pretty good indication that you know nothing about football tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if i could have my input, im a liverpool fan but at the moment everton have been playing some good football. So far this season no AJ hasn't scored much but:

1) im sure his just had surgury and wait...he scored in the 7-1 mugging.

2) the top scorer in the premership is bloody BENJANI! thats how bad the strikers are playing at the moment.

Give AJ time and he'll be banging them in... and his not bad on fm either icon_biggrin.gif

* Rant over *

Originally posted by neilb242:

loki - what tactics are you using?

I found baxter got more mentions for his performance pre patch than post patch. but think he'll become a star.

try sticking transfer values sky high for players you want to keep - may discourage other teams.

van der meyde isn't half bad and versatile too - play him a bit and it may attract more offers for him?

Neil - im using my own tactic 4-5-1 with wingers and AMC. Using 2 modifications for home and away games.

I started new game 'cos i forgot to patch my game properly in terms of teams licences (Germany and Japan national side using grey players - unacceptabe to me lol), also real competition names and player awards.

So i just started planning to play long carieer game with The Toffies and see how the youngster progress. Thus i wanna sign as many talents as possible at the start.

Im negotiating contracts with:

Aquino - AML - was simply awesome on my earlier game despite 17yo

Banega - 3.5M + arrange friendly - no explanation needed i guess

Piatti - 500k - same as Banega, argentinian massive talent with italian passport

Henry Saivet - one of the biggest talents on the game i guess, PA -10

Toni Kroos - offered massive contract, looks brillant for a 17yo kid, also nice ppm

Wijnaldum - the new Clarence Seedorf in making

Gabriel Torje - looks brillant, 17yo and bags of potential

John Fleck - one of the best younsters in the game i believe, had him on my previous save and his stats was amazing, progressing very well, especially when i create a special training program for my U-18 kids. Plus - hes brittish!

Preston Edwards - probably the most talented young GK in England

Also Ignashevich - russian DRC - contract accepted, waiting for work permit.

Gosling - stats looks very good for a 17yo kid, and british as well.

OK, so these are my potential transfers in, now tranfers out:

Yakubu - Portsmouth offered 27M! Too good to turn down. Im gonna use one striker, got AJ and waiting for Vaughan to recover, when hes fit he'll take AJ place, he was immense on my previous save.

Boyle - selling cos im planning to make an offer for Mattock who looks better, younger and English.

Anderson Silva - i do not need him.

Andy Van der Meyde - trying hard to clear 36k per week steal lol

Now, the question is: shall i sell any more players ?? Im thinking of:

1. Osman - got Torje, Arteta and Piatti to play

2. Hibbert - contract running out, demands 18k/week

3. Phil Neville - 40k/week, that is much imho, i would only use him in DR position or as i got Banega in DMC position and Jagielka did very well as a cover for DMC on my previous game.

Anyway, could be worth keeping due to tutoring abilities - what do you think folks ?

4. James McFadden - was very inconsistent on my previous save

Now, i found there is lack of english talent on the game this season and i'd hate to see my Everton team another Arsenal with 2-3 british players. So, if you could point any british gems i'd be truly grateful. I'd like to have as many british blood as possible, though its tough ;/

So, i do hesitate, should i sell british players i have or shall i keep 'em ?

Ah, and thanks to Yakubu transfer, im gonna splash around 10M pounds on club staff (coaches, scouts, etc) icon_biggrin.gif

I had around 20 coaches on my earlier game and my players were developing nicely.

OK, this was pretty long typing lesson lol

Looking forward your suggestions guys. Wont play much today unfortunately, another working day tomorrow for me ;/

Originally posted by DaGringoKilla:

He aint exacally scoring tons of goals isnt he and this coming from someone who lives in las vegas im even suprised you call it football

well... he's been out injured/having surgery... difficult to score goals from the operating table/physio's room...

secondly, AJ brings MUCH more to the team than just goals - his workrate, pace and ability to pull players out of position is invaluable...

and thirdly, LV yes, but from Birkenhead originally - until a few months ago.

Originally posted by TopToffee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaGringoKilla:

He aint exacally scoring tons of goals isnt he and this coming from someone who lives in las vegas im even suprised you call it football

well... he's been out injured/having surgery... difficult to score goals from the operating table/physio's room...

secondly, AJ brings MUCH more to the team than just goals - his workrate, pace and ability to pull players out of position is invaluable...

and thirdly, LV yes, but from Birkenhead originally - until a few months ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol mate don't rip me, i was trying too stick up for you it might have just came out slightly wrong.

Just finished my first season with Everton. Finished 3rd (very happy with that), didn't do great in the cups but hey, who cares when you get 3rd!!

My Team

Howard

Baines

Lescott

Yobo

Hibbert

Banega

Aaritalo

Arteta

Cahill

Gouffran (not Gourcuff!)

Johnson (scored 36 in 33 in the league)

Sold..

Andy VDM to Pompey 2.3m

Yakubu to Pompey 10.25m up front (more to come)

Valente to Deportivo 325k

Brought In..

Banega from Boca - 4m

Goufrann from Caen - 2.6m (Young Player Of The Year!!)

Vantaggiato from Rimini - 2.7m

Aaritalo from Turun - 375k

Plus 5 or 6 youngsters for the future.

So there you go, will post at the end of the next season

Hi all...massive Everton fan...started with the patch...

1st season results...4th in the league...with no signings what so ever icon_eek.gif.

Started 2nd season...sold Yobo to Milan for 9.5ml...couple of others...Team as Follows..

Goal

Howard/Ruddy (although i notice 2nd season Howard not as good)

Defence

Baines Lescott Perea Hoye (Bikey/Neville/Valente)

Midfield

Cahill Riquelme (FREE TRANSFER icon_eek.gif)

Attack Midfield

Arteta Augusto Pienaar (McFadden/Baxter/Osman)

Striker

Yakubu or Johnson (also bedding in Zarate - This guy is hot scored6 in 6 off the bench)

Having mixed results 2nd season...think its cos i brought in so many new players. i.e 3-0 Chelsea win against 4-3 away loss to Villa...

However scoring looks promising...scored 11 in the league in 3 games and won my CL qualifier 10-1 on agg will update at the end of this season...

Also brought in some experience in some areas for cover...

One think I will say have been playing Baxter since he turned 16 and I reckon he's gonna be a gret player in AMC role...I bring him on 2nd halfs and Cup ganes start him etc...he has 4 assits so far in 5 games and scored 2 ....could be just a fluke but will carry on with training him....

oook.... so... restarted AGAIN after we had a power cut RIGHT in the middle of saving my previous game, and it corrupted the save file icon_mad.gif

looking over the squad, the only area that i REALLY thought needed strengthening was defensive midfield... i like Lee Carsley in r/l, but he's not going to last forever...

i decided to try out the "create filter based on player" function of the game, and created one based on Patrick Vieira - was looking for a real box to box, hard tackling player who could also create a little bit... and i found a REAL gem!

Lorik Cana...

now, i'd had him in previous versions of the game, but post-patch, he seems MASSIVELY improved... looks like he could be TREMENDOUS... and only 24 years old... spent £5.5m on him...

I also brought in Banega from Boca for £3.7m Zebina from Juve for £750k, and made Pienaar's loan move permanent for £2m. also picked up a young USA regen (who thankfully had italian 2nd nationality) called Mauricio Flores... he looks like he could be QUALITY in years to come... and a few other promising youngsters for small fees...

Hired pretty much a whole new backroom staff as well... (including Pako Ayesteran as assistant manager icon_biggrin.gif ... anyone who bins off Benitez is a friend of mine icon14.gif )

On the other side of things, I sold Osman to Pompey for £4m, McFadden to Wigan for £5.5m and Iain Turner to Wolves for £550k+40%. And for the FIRST time on FM08, i managed to get rid of van der Meyde... got a WHOLE £900k for him too!

season has started pretty well... first choice XI is as follows:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Yakubu Vaughan

Arteta Cana Cahill Pienaar

Baines Lescott Yobo Zebina

Howard</pre>

the first six matches of the season have brought four wins and two draws, leaving me 2nd in the Premiership (behind WEST HAM[!] but with a game in hand) going into the first round of the UEFA Cup vs Sion...

Yakubu has been the star for me so far, with 6 goals in the first 6 games, and Arteta has 5 assists - the big European sides are already battering down the front door looking for him icon_frown.gif

Will update in a couple of months game time or so...

two questions to see if people can help me out. (playing post patch)

1) since irvine has left the club, any recommendations on a new assistant manager?

2) should i make pienaars move permanent? he's doing pretty well, but don't want to waste lots of cash on him if i could buy better

Originally posted by neilb242:

two questions to see if people can help me out. (playing post patch)

1) since irvine has left the club, any recommendations on a new assistant manager?

2) should i make pienaars move permanent? he's doing pretty well, but don't want to waste lots of cash on him if i could buy better

1) Pako Ayesteran. I know he used to be the Liverpool Asst Manager, but he left Benitez in the lurch, and he's quality on the game.

2) Without a doubt, yes. £2m is an absolute STEAL. and the fans always rate him as a good signing on the Confidence screen.

Ok, first 4 months done, im in november 1st season, 6th in league, quarter final of Carling Cup against Portsmouth, doing great in Euro Cup \o/

Got Vaughan fit and hes great, scoring for fun so far, Andy Johnson scoring as well, anyway, Vaughan is my starting striker atm icon_wink.gif

Torje and Aquino are doing absolutely brillant on the wings and Adrien is labelled 'The New Deco' icon_biggrin.gif

Get him if you can, hes awesome and cheap, paid 2.5M pounds and hes still only 18yo.

Also got Sheringham to tutor Baxter whos touted the new Teddy icon_wink.gif

Ok, going to play Pompys in carling cup

Neil - Pincolini from Parma is great ass man icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Ok, first 4 months done, im in november 1st season, 6th in league, quarter final of Carling Cup against Portsmouth, doing great in Euro Cup \o/

Got Vaughan fit and hes great, scoring for fun so far, Andy Johnson scoring as well, anyway, Vaughan is my starting striker atm icon_wink.gif

Torje and Aquino are doing absolutely brillant on the wings and Adrien is labelled 'The New Deco' icon_biggrin.gif

Get him if you can, hes awesome and cheap, paid 2.5M pounds and hes still only 18yo.

lol, did you really just buy Sheringham for the sole purpose of tutoring Baxter?

Originally posted by Lost_Seraphim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

lol, did you really just buy Sheringham for the sole purpose of tutoring Baxter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell yeah lol

Looks like the team learned tactic well, smashed Porthsmouth in carling 5-2 and all 5 goals scored by ....Vaughan!!!

Then slumped 0:1 away to Man City thanks to Yobo stupid clearance ;/

Back on track with 4:0 win over Empoli in Euro Cup ...and then...long awaited derby game against the arch rivals from Anfield...oh boy...could i ask for more ?????

demolitionik8.th.jpg

Vaughan is a genius!! No need to spend big money on striker in summer icon_wink.gif

Thought I'd add my first season to this thread icon_smile.gif

It started off fairly average, mixed results home and away and couldn't really get the team into a winning rhythm, a common theme throughout the season really. Results did improve though when I went from a 4-4-2 to a 4-3-2-1 formation, which is pretty much what I stuck with for most of the season.

The league was the low point, finishing 7th when it really could have been higher. Dropping points against the teams near the bottom was a real common occurance, as we just couldn't seem to break them down properly. The highlight was definitely a 4-2 win AWAY at Chelsea, despite conceeding a goal inside the first minute. Great performance there, just wish we could have done it more often.

The domestics cup runs were not bad, quarter finals of the League Cup, and 5th Round of the FA (lost away at Derby of all teams). The Uefa Cup was great though, getting to the Semi finals where we lost to Palermo 2-1 on aggregate. The highlight of that was definitely beating Bayern Munich 1-0 at Goodison.

The main signings in the season were....

Matias Fernandez - £9.25m

Nicolae Dica - £1.6m

Jean II Makoun - £9.25m

Fabricio Coloccini - £7.25m

Alex (Vasco) - £575k

Aquino - £3m

The main outs....

Osman - Newcastle - £3.2m

Iain Turner - Watford - £2.5m

McFadden - Wigan - £4m

Yakubu - Portsmouth - £14m

The Yakubu transfer went through in January as I'd moved to the 4-3-2-1 formation and played Johnson on his own, where he was banging goals in for fun (41 in 55 apps by the end of the season). Yakubu moaned about wanting to play, I told him to hand in a transfer request if he wasn't happy, and he did. When Pompey bid £14m the board accepted it on my behalf, though I would have said yes anyway. I also managed to get myself an extra £10m to spend in August when I asked the board for more money after spending all my initial cash, and they said yes (as they had £20m in the bank from season ticket sales).

The second season is fast approaching, and I now have £20m to spend. Unfortunately though teams are sniffing around Lescott, Yobo, Arteta, Fernandez and Andy Johnson. Barca have already put in a bid for Fernandez which he's upset I turned down, so I'm not sure who I'll still have come thr start of the season. Major team redevelopment may be required if some or all end up leaving.

I'll add more when the transfer window closes and I've hopefully added some nice new players to my squad icon_smile.gif

Hi Everybody,

Just found this thread and I thought I would update it with my first two seasons.

I'm playing on the 8.0.1 patch and have all the english leagues, plus a bunch of top european ones and the MLS.

First season went pretty well in my opinion, although I lost Yobo to Newcastle (Seville unsettled him) and sold Osman to Blackburn.

I brought in Lovenkrands for the ML position, and a few of the Arsenal youth players for the future (Lansbury, Barazite, AN Other)

We finished 3rd in the League so went into the Champions League for season 2 icon_smile.gif Didnt win anything, but had a good run in the League Cup.

Season 2 was an excellent season. Sold the Yak to Inter in Jan for 15mil (will try and loan him back as he is not playing!) other than that no significant sales.

I brought in Alan Kardec (rubbish at the mo!) Coloccini (Awesome) and promoted Jose Baxter from the youth team.

Cut a long story short..... 4th in the league, Won the League Cup, Semis of FA Cup, and..... won the Champions League at the first time of asking icon_smile.gif AJ and Vaughany got 1st and 2nd on player of the tourney icon_smile.gif

I need a new DMC, ML, and DR but knowing me I will probably buy a striker! Hahaha got some interest from David Villa and Sergio Agero icon_smile.gif

I will do better updates in future when everything is fresh in my mind but this is just to get everyone started on my story!

Cheers all E.B.

I am on 3rd season with everton. Came 5th in first 2 seasons. Major tranefers in have been

DeJong 6mil Jan Transfer window season 1. McGeady 14mil, Hutton 6mil in second preseason,

Stevenson 2.5mil in January second season.

Teixera in third preseason 2.8mi. Tried to sign Podolskil who wanted to leave Bayern Munich for a bigger club. He accepted but 1 september cam to soon.

Players out Yakubu for 5mil+ nugent + G.Johnson

who i have both sold. McFadden 6mil, Osman free,

Howard 10mil. Vaughan 9.75m.

Had lots of injuries so far in season 3 but probable 1st choice team

Turner

Hutton Yobo Lescott Baines

Dejong/Jagielka

Arteta Stevenson

Cahill Mcgeady

Johnson

have Navarro as backup cb although Rodwell looks capable. Pienaar as backup cm, Teixera comes on for Cahill, arteta or McGeady , Anichebe for Johnson, Stevenson provides cover at lb while Jagielka covers rb. Looking at buying Given as Gk from relegated Newcastle and bring in a top quality central midfielder and use stevenson more sparingly. After finishing 11th in previous season Liverpool are now sitting with 7 points after 8 games.

Hell yeah lol

Looks like the team learned tactic well, smashed Porthsmouth in carling 5-2 and all 5 goals scored by ....Vaughan!!!

Then slumped 0:1 away to Man City thanks to Yobo stupid clearance ;/

Back on track with 4:0 win over Empoli in Euro Cup ...and then...long awaited derby game against the arch rivals from Anfield...oh boy...could i ask for more ?????

Vaughan is a genius!! No need to spend big money on striker in summer Wink

Hi what tactic are u using?

Just started with Everton and my team is:

Howard/Wessels (going to buy Ochoa)

Jagielka/Neville

Baines/Valente

Samba/Yobo

Lescott/Ignashevich

Banega/Flamini

Pienaar/Osman

Arteta/Piatti

Aaritalo/McFadden

Johnson/Stancu

Defoe/Yakubu

Won my first two games against Wigan and Newcastle and then got beat 4-3 away to Arsenal. Man United up next!!

Having just started with Everton, I thought long and hard about who to buy/sell etc. In the end, I bought Benoit Costil from Caen (£500,000), Pablo Piatti from Estudiantes (£250,000) Mauro Zarate from Al-Sadd (£4,200,000) and Hossam Ghaly from Spurs (£2,000,000). Transfer deadline day I brought in Jose Goncalves from Hearts (£2,500,000) as cover on the left as I'm not sure Valente's up to it

Beat Reading 2-0 in opener, drew 2-2 with Bolton (Anelka icon_mad.gif) and a 4-1 win away at Wigan. I find that Yakubu and Zarate are more potent than Andy Johnson, so Johnson comes off bench more often than not. I play with two upfront, two wide men and two central midfielders, one dropping back and one pushing forward - I tend to favour Arteta going forward and Gravesen pushing back, although occasionally Arteta goes wide to accomodate Cahill.

I was looking at a 4-5-1 if I go away to bigger sides (Arsenal, ManUre etc) sort of looking like this

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC

AMR MC AML

AMC

FC FC

</pre>

I think this could provide more strength in the middle of the park. Osman soesn't seem to perform, so he's a prime candidate for being sold, possibly looking at a top notch 'keeper (Any recommendations) I might try and bring in another central midfielder to shore it up (Banega, Javi Martinez, Nordtveit)

Anyone got any tips, or any questions or comments, feel free to post

Sherm

Originally posted by -Only one Ronaldo-:

Just started with Everton and my team is:

Howard/Wessels (going to buy Ochoa)

Jagielka/Neville

Baines/Valente

Samba/Yobo

Lescott/Ignashevich

Banega/Flamini

Pienaar/Osman

Arteta/Piatti

Aaritalo/McFadden

Johnson/Stancu

Defoe/Yakubu

Won my first two games against Wigan and Newcastle and then got beat 4-3 away to Arsenal. Man United up next!!

Find a place for yobo somewhere, anywhere. RB or dm if you prefer others at cb.

I've played a few games as Everton on this version of FM, is anyone else finding it quite easy to achieve if you get the tactics right?

With only the following additions to the squad, I managed to win the league title in the first season:

Arsharvin £5m

Sidwell £1.7m

Pedretti £4.8m

Pienaar £2m

Justin Hoyte - Loan

Evans - DC on loan from Man Utd.

Also sold/released the following:

Van der Meyde

Da Silva

Anichebe - loan to Sunderland

McFadden £4.7m

Osman £5.5m

Formation deployed was something along these lines:

GK - Howard

DR - Neville

DL - Baines

DC - Yobo

DC - Lescott

DMC - Pedretti

MR - Arsharvin

ML - Arteta

AMC - Cahill

FC - AJ/Vaughan

FC - Yakubu

Was quite strange to win the league in the first season to be honest, I was focussing so much on finishing in the top 4, with 3 games to go I didn't even realise how close I was to the title race. I suppose I didn't look up for looking down at those chasing me for my coveted CL place.

Ended up on the penultimate game of the season, United and Chelsea both lost and I won. This put me top, 1 point clear with 1 game to go, away to Portsmouth. I ended up winning this 2-0.

I didn't really feel a sense of achievement after my victory though, it just made me question the realism of the game. Now I don't really have any motivation to carry on my Everton career due to the fact that there's nowhere to go but down.

hi jose, can you be more specific about your tactics? i think the 442 diamond is perfectly suited to the toffee boys due to the strength up front but lack of wingers -

did you play with farrows on your LM/RM - how did you set up your striker, etc

winning prem first season is class so would like to pick your brains! how did you do in europe?

Yeah it was a 4-4-2 diamond, I cut down everyones creative freedom so as to stop players shooting from all over the park. The majority of the players on the field had 0 creative freedom aside from MR and ML which were set to 'little'.

Yeah I did use forward arrows on my wingers, I don't have the game open at the moment but I think my strikers were set to the default 'Striker' setting from the dropdown, and then creative freedom set to 0, forward runs set to max, runs with ball set to 0, and throughballs set to max.

Also, whenever I was winning, home or away I deployed a 4-2-3-1 formation for the last 25 mins of the game, to just shut up shop.

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

DM

DM

MR

MC

ML

FC

I got quite lucky with injuries aswell really, keeping Arteta, Howard, Yobo, Lescott, Yakubu and AJ fit for the majority of the season.

Europe went abit tits up to be honest, qualified top of my group and got drawn against Fiorentina. Couldn't handle Mutu and got beat 4-2 on aggregate. Hopefully not a sign of things to come in real life!

Originally posted by José Pandinho:

I've played a few games as Everton on this version of FM, is anyone else finding it quite easy to achieve if you get the tactics right?

With only the following additions to the squad, I managed to win the league title in the first season:

Arsharvin £5m

Sidwell £1.7m

Pedretti £4.8m

Pienaar £2m

Justin Hoyte - Loan

Evans - DC on loan from Man Utd.

Also sold/released the following:

Van der Meyde

Da Silva

Anichebe - loan to Sunderland

McFadden £4.7m

Osman £5.5m

Formation deployed was something along these lines:

GK - Howard

DR - Neville

DL - Baines

DC - Yobo

DC - Lescott

DMC - Pedretti

MR - Arsharvin

ML - Arteta

AMC - Cahill

FC - AJ/Vaughan

FC - Yakubu

Was quite strange to win the league in the first season to be honest, I was focussing so much on finishing in the top 4, with 3 games to go I didn't even realise how close I was to the title race. I suppose I didn't look up for looking down at those chasing me for my coveted CL place.

Ended up on the penultimate game of the season, United and Chelsea both lost and I won. This put me top, 1 point clear with 1 game to go, away to Portsmouth. I ended up winning this 2-0.

I didn't really feel a sense of achievement after my victory though, it just made me question the realism of the game. Now I don't really have any motivation to carry on my Everton career due to the fact that there's nowhere to go but down.

Gotta agree that it seems to easy. Have finished in the top 6 with little effort put in. Sold Yakubu and Howard and focussed on younger players which should really have cost me a lot more short term. Is nice to finish above Liverpool consistently but get the feeling that the AI does not know what to do with this match engine. Also the fact that being angry/questioning there pride if you ever losing at half time results in a win 90% of the time is a bit much.

Originally posted by sherm:

Having just started with Everton, I thought long and hard about who to buy/sell etc. In the end, I bought Benoit Costil from Caen (£500,000), Pablo Piatti from Estudiantes (£250,000) Mauro Zarate from Al-Sadd (£4,200,000) and Hossam Ghaly from Spurs (£2,000,000). Transfer deadline day I brought in Jose Goncalves from Hearts (£2,500,000) as cover on the left as I'm not sure Valente's up to it

Beat Reading 2-0 in opener, drew 2-2 with Bolton (Anelka icon_mad.gif) and a 4-1 win away at Wigan. I find that Yakubu and Zarate are more potent than Andy Johnson, so Johnson comes off bench more often than not. I play with two upfront, two wide men and two central midfielders, one dropping back and one pushing forward - I tend to favour Arteta going forward and Gravesen pushing back, although occasionally Arteta goes wide to accomodate Cahill.

I was looking at a 4-5-1 if I go away to bigger sides (Arsenal, ManUre etc) sort of looking like this

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC

AMR MC AML

AMC

FC FC

</pre>

I think this could provide more strength in the middle of the park. Osman soesn't seem to perform, so he's a prime candidate for being sold, possibly looking at a top notch 'keeper (Any recommendations) I might try and bring in another central midfielder to shore it up (Banega, Javi Martinez, Nordtveit)

Sherm

the formation you posted requires 12 players icon_smile.gif

Alright breadbins, just started a new one with the Toffee's on 8.0.1.. I sold Yobo for £6 mil to Portsmouth, tbh I aint overly keen on the 'Dives into tackles' and 'Likes to play way out of trouble' and I brought in Ignashevich, I've heard people ravin about him a fair bit but I've never signed him til now. Ummin n arrin about bein a bit daring and selling Johnson.. he's been really injury prone on other games and could probably get a good bit of £ for him what'd you lot reckon? Already got £15 mil after sellin Yobo. In the process of gettin Baptista and/or Saviola on loan hopefully.

Line up's a bit like this..

GK: Howard (will probably get in my 'lucky charm' Enyeama at some point)

RB: Jaglielka

LB: Valente (Baines when fit)

CB: Lescott

CB: Ignashevich

RM: Pienaar

LM: Arteta

CM: Neville

CM: Gravesen (Cahill when fit, Gravesen is SO slow)

ST: Johnson

ST: Yakubu

Pretty standard 4-4-2 line up really, have only played 1 friendly game with Shalke drew 1-1.

P.S. How the f'in f do you get rid of van der Meyde?! Offered him out for free but people keep trying to get him on loan, I just want him off the wage bill £36,000 a week for nothin! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by WillyBroadband:

I sold Yobo for £6 mil to Portsmouth, tbh I aint overly keen on the 'Dives into tackles' and 'Likes to play way out of trouble' and I brought in Ignashevich, I've heard people ravin about him a fair bit but I've never signed him til now. Ummin n arrin about bein a bit daring and selling Johnson..

P.S. How the f'in f do you get rid of van der Meyde?! Offered him out for free but people keep trying to get him on loan, I just want him off the wage bill £36,000 a week for nothin! icon_biggrin.gif

for the first bit you should be shot.

for the second bit. Get an Aerially dominating striker (Carew, Marica or Ashton) and VDM will get assist after assist

Guest RealTilly

Just hit march in my third season with Everton.

Finished second in the premier league for the last two seasons, won the league cup in 08/09 season and reach the quarter finals of the Champions League.

I'm 6 points clear at the top so far this season, hoping we will crack it this time!

Team is

GK Diego Cavaliero

RB Francois Clerc

LB Taye Taiwo

CB Breno

CB Lescott/Yobo

MC Veloso/Banega

MC Arteta

AMC Matias Fernandez

RW Theo Walcott

LW Jermey Menez

FC Jimmy Briand/Adrian

I rotate the following players into the team quite often:-

Wijaldum

Hibbert

Jagielka

Lulinha

Cahill

Here's mine currently in 2011/2012

GK Tim Howard

RB Lassana Diarra

LB Leighton Baines

CB Coloccini

CB Micah Richards

DMC Alou Diarra/Banega

AMC Tim Cahill

RW Jesus Navas

LW Trecarichi

FC Sergio Aguero

FC Micheal Owen/Bruno Mezenga

Bench:

Arteta

Arango

Breno

Saivet

Johnson

Lescott

Pretty stacked I know, but the money is there if you get into the CL with ease every season

Started a new everton game looking to get cl first season or atleast win a cup here are some transfers

Transfers in

Stefan Radu( 1.5m )

Paulo Zanetti ( 2.8 ) Torino

Alan Hutton ( 3m )

Transfers out

Andy Johnson ( 7.5 )

Hibbert ( 1.5 )

Mcfadden ( 3m )

Alan Stubbs ( released )

Gravesen ( terminated loan )

Tbere are some of the done transfers looking to do some more signings looking for a top notch st maybe briand and some more depth in midfield

Just started a new season as everton and have been given the best game to start off with against the RS at Analfield and need to solidify my squad can anyone recommend some players to me have got 23mil.

Transfers In:

Dzsudzsak, Balazs - Debrecen - £275k

Transfers Out:

McFadden, James - Chelsea - £10M

Originally posted by sherm:

GK

DR DC DC DL

DMC

AMR MC AML

AMC

FC FC

</pre>

Sherm

Thought you had found the perfect formation for everton, then realised that you have eleven outfield players. lol

Originally posted by SinghyEFC4Life:

Just started a new season as everton and have been given the best game to start off with against the RS at Analfield and need to solidify my squad can anyone recommend some players to me have got 23mil.

Transfers In:

Dzsudzsak, Balazs - Debrecen - £275k

Transfers Out:

McFadden, James - Chelsea - £10M

Chelsea genuinely paid 10m for McFadden?

Archived