FM 2008: Everton - Where Andy Johnson scores for fun

Becksmania

finilly enough, it's gone not too badly since Desailly signed as ass. manager. won my last three and AJ's beginning to score again. good competition upfront with him, Palacio and Zarate. think keita was the key signing; had to break the bank for him, but he's solidified the midfield. now playing a diamon all the time unless against away to a big side. working well

GK - Kameni

LB - baines

RB - Ignashevich/hibbert/neville

CB - Yobo/Lescott

CB - Garay

DM - Keita

LM - Arteta/Alex/Faddy

RM - Ashley Young/Arshavin/Arteta

AM - Palacio/Alex/Arshavin

ST - AJ/Palacio

ST - Zarate/Vaughan

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea just stole Behrami icon_frown.gif board took the decision out of my hands. after selling a good player to get enough money for him, i dont really care how much Chelsea offer :@ stupid board!

Just beat tottenham 7-0 agregate in semi final of league cup, playing chealsea in final, ill make them pay!

Also, any1 know a good Right back i can buy fast? got 22million to spend.

i got antonio barragan, he will do for now. richards if valued at 17 million atm, so dnt think theyll accept up to 21mil, and i dnt think he'd be worth that much. Hopefully barragan can do it for me till end of season and we will go from there.

hibbert was sold after the derby irl :p

with only spending 4.mil on barragan, it gives me a bit more money to spend on other places, so looking into taking Lucas of liverpool. Liverpool are currently top and lucas is doing well, so maybe when i have lucas, things will change round a bit :p

yes

best starting tactic is 4-1-2-1-2

as you don't really have any wingers of note (arteta plays just as well in the middle) this tactic works great for me...i have re-inforced my team but the core of the side is still the starting squad

GK Howard

DR Hibbert

DL Baines (valente until fit)

DC Yobo

DC Lescott

DM Neville

MC Arteta

MC Gravesen (bring in player here)

AMC Cahill (osman/transfer until fit)

FC Yakubu

FC Johnson

i won the first game 3-0 vs liverpool...so far no losses (late sept) but a 1-1 draw with chelsea and my reserves in the cup vs leicester needed a shootout

Originally posted by Rez:

Afternoon all...Right I am up and running and doing well...OK after 4 matches, but none the less thats 4 wins from 4...OK away to Sunderland and Spurs, and at home to Derby and Wigan...NOT as hard as it could be but hey...

Transfers in/Out

All instigated, although the Yakubu & the Faddy deals were taken out of my hands when it came to accepting...Yeah like I wouldn't have taken the money!

i smell something suspicious...

birmingham with 20mil does look odd.

i sold anichibe for 7 to celtic in my 1st season and i thought that was mad/

all the transfers that go through on the game seem huge. silva went to chelsea for 51mil and liam rosenior went to blackburn for 8mil!!

beat real madrid 3-0 at home in the CL group stages. Was expecting a hammering as i had lost to HSV and CSKA moscow in my two previous matches. will post a screen shot when i get home from work.

i signed miachael johnson from man city at the start of the season for 8mil, does anyone know what he turns out like in the game? he has played many games yet due to the form of banega and cahill.

i smell something suspicious...

Oh please...I placed him on the market (at market value), no offers came in but 11 clubs were interested, so to get shot, I do what I always do, added what I thought was reasonable for a 24 month offer and offered him out to clubs at £20 million over 24 months..Its done...Nothing suspicious, just good business...

Transfer page

Brum Staff

Mr Bruce

Feel free to query any others...I only cheat by getting the good players from this here forum...

If anyone has something fishy going on its the fella who managed to get a hold of Valon Behrami...He went to Arsenal in my game for £23.5 million at the start!

birmingham with 20mil does look odd.

i sold anichibe for 7 to celtic in my 1st season and i thought that was mad/

all the transfers that go through on the game seem huge. silva went to chelsea for 51mil and liam rosenior went to blackburn for 8mil!!

Fool Anichebe is top, you can get at least £20 million for him (over 24 months)...

I brought in Michael Owen (yes, he'll play for merseyside blue) and scored a ridiculous 42 goals in the first season and we finished 3rd in the league. Other notable signings were Breno and Aaritalo. Banega too but he broke his leg a few months in.

Ignored post by Lost_Seraphim posted 29 October 2007 19:38 Show Post

I have him aswell (I paid £17 million for him)...He is awful in the league, but scores for fun in Europe...

beat real madrid 3-0 at home in the CL group stages. Was expecting a hammering as i had lost to HSV and CSKA moscow in my two previous matches. will post a screen shot when i get home from work.

i signed miachael johnson from man city at the start of the season for 8mil, does anyone know what he turns out like in the game? he has played many games yet due to the form of banega and cahill

and you called my game into question icon_wink.gif

Nice going blue

i started a new game and it is possible to get that much for yakubu and mcfadden, i didnt believe it at first (mine awsnt even over 24 months)

Anyway, finished my 2nd season.

Notable Signing's

Sergio Aguero

Valon Behrami (who chelsea then stole icon_frown.gif)

Thats about it.

In competitions....

Premier Leagye: 4th to seasons of CL not bad.

Fa Cup: 4th round.... Shef utd scored direct from a corner last min, was punished for playing youngsters

League Cup: Final, chelsea beat me, dodgy ref :p

Champ League: 1st knock out round, was 2 2 at At Madrid, then was winning 2-0 at home, then conceeded 2 late goals. i then lost 3-2 on penaltys after 9 penalties. EACH! was just miss, miss, miss lol

Alex, Piatti, Lulinha come back from loan for next year, hopefully they can help me mount a title challenge. Best thing was, beat liverpool 3-2 last game of the season to take me into champions league, and knock them off the top spot icon_biggrin.gif

i started a new game and it is possible to get that much for yakubu and mcfadden, i didnt believe it at first (mine awsnt even over 24 months)

I love that 24 month offer thing, enables yo to get rid, quickly but get a decent price aswell...Sometimes it works, sometimes not...

Its a good way of making sure you get good money for players before your board accept rubbish offers...I reckon anway

I am gutetd my season was going great, I beat the RS in the Carling cup, I was on course for a Waffer cup semi, and lost on pens and despite having 3 games in hand...I reckon I am aboiut to finish 6th! The downturn...seems to coincide with me loosing Alan Irvine as Ass Man...I still ahvent replaced him!

i never knew about this 24 month thing. seems intresting. would you get the lump sum added to you transfer budget or does it go up by 1 mil every month??

Irvine left to become manager at reading in my game toward the end of the first season. brought in Tony Adams from popey and hes been great.

one other thing thats annoying is that i cant get a decent feeder clum in europe so i can bring over some south american wonder kids.

think ive got Cork City, Miami, Las Palmas and another from iceland!

got a stadium upgrade end of season one. 9000 odd seats added taking capacity up to 50,000 all seater :-)

i never knew about this 24 month thing. seems intresting. would you get the lump sum added to you transfer budget or does it go up by 1 mil every month??

I somehow got lumbered into glossing the front door and step, a job the wife was going to do so my season is no further forwards...

The 24 month thing, the board tend to let you overspend on the transfer budget...so it all looks doom and gloom on the finance side, but then month on moneht you make a profit so it levels it all out...so if you have £5 mil to spend and you sell someone for £20 mil they might give you £6-8 mil extra on the budget...You might get some stick for a while, but by the end of the season you should be back in the black and have the side you want...SHOULD!

one other thing thats annoying is that i cant get a decent feeder clum in europe so i can bring over some south american wonder kids.

I dont know if the bug is still there or not, but if you do a tour of say the Belgium and then ask the board for a feeder club, then they should come back with teams from the country youve toured...It was alkways decent in doing this to get the US or Japanese sides re the merchandise...Not sure if it works the other way...

Try dipping out of the U18s league, then sending the U18s on tours...Might work

How hard is it to get the stadium enlarged? I finished 7th in the league (only because i didn't win in the first six matches of the season) does how well you do affect when the stadium gets expanded, the board said they agreed with me when i made the board request.

once u get in europe u get moved to kirby . . .

lol :@

my board decided to do it themselves, and spend all my transfer budget :@

Still a healthy 3million paid for Micah Richards, looks like hes worth it, 3 clean sheets in the first 3, including a 4-0 against chealsea... Gna win the league!

Thats better,

1st Team Squad

10302007202425fn5.th.png

Both Vaughan & Anichebe are currently in the reserves but will use them sparingly this season and see how the develop.

Currently playing 4-4-2

Planning on looking out for a new first choice RB and move Hibbert to backup. Also after a decent backup keeper for Howard. lastly on my priority list is cover for Arteta on the right.

Any sugestions for any of these posistions would be appreciated. Unfortunately only expecting to have about £10m to spend in January though.

Originally posted by Rez:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cant edit post, thats supposed to be 35 million on richards :p

Is he worth it though?

Anichebe has just gone Wunderkid in my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my main problem was conceeding alot of goals, only conceeded 3 so far this season in 8 games, 2 of them being own goals! and im sitting top of the table.

Didnt have anything else i needed to spend money on, so looks like he was worth it :p will tell u at the end of the season, but things looking good atm

Originally posted by ScouseMouse:

Thats better,

1st Team Squad

10302007202425fn5.th.png

Both Vaughan & Anichebe are currently in the reserves but will use them sparingly this season and see how the develop.

Currently playing 4-4-2

Planning on looking out for a new first choice RB and move Hibbert to backup. Also after a decent backup keeper for Howard. lastly on my priority list is cover for Arteta on the right.

Any sugestions for any of these posistions would be appreciated. Unfortunately only expecting to have about £10m to spend in January though.

barragan for right back is 'ok' until u can get some decent money into the club.

I'm currently in my second season in my FM08 Everton game.

I'm using the standard 4-4-2 diamond attacking formation. Had a pretty useless first season, only finishing 10th in the league.

I'm doing much better in the second season though, top after 15 games. The board still think I should be doing better though....

Transfers In (07/08):

Renato Augusto (Flamengo) £7m

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth) £3m

(08/09):

Thiago Motta (Atletico) free

Johan Micoud (Bordeaux) free

Sergio Mota (Sao Paulo) £4.7m

Eduardo (Flamengo) £3.4m

Transfers Out (07/08):

Iain Turner (Plymouth) £1.5m

Tony Hibbert (Man City) £1.6m

(08/09):

James Hall (Wigan) £220k

Andy van der Meyde (Sunderland) £2.2m

My current First XI would probably be:

GK: Howard

DR: Jagielka

DL: Baines

DC: Yobo

DC: Lescott

DM: Eduardo

MR: Arteta

ML: Micoud

AMC: Cahill

FC: Yakubu

FC: Vaughan

It has finally arrived icon_biggrin.gif them damned Liverpool posties icon_mad.gif Theyre not getting a Christmas tip from me this year!

Transfers in:

Ignashevic Moscow Free

Marko Marin Gladbach 450k

Adrien Sporting 575k + clauses

Aaritalo Turun 575k

Banega Boca 2.1M

Samba Blackburn 625k

Diego Capel Seville 3.4M

Gourcuff AC Milan Loan

Transfers out

Mcfadden Wigan 4.2M

Silva Stoke 1.6M

Results:

Reading H 3-1

Derby A 1-0

W Ham H 1-0

Bolton A 2-2

Chelsea H 1-0

Spurs A 3-2

Groclin A 2-0 UEFA

Johnson Goals 7 Games 6

Jose Baxter scoring loads in -18 and reserve games 12 in 9.

At last Everton with a good starting squad, promising youth players and some cash to spend without selling all your best players.

Oh Ive never felt more like singing the blues when Everton win and Liverpool lose. Oh Everton you got me singing the blues...................................

Archived