FM 2008: Everton - Where Andy Johnson scores for fun

Becksmania

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mcffadden has been a super sub for me. he play crap when he starts but when i bring him on the last 20-30mins he's awsome playing either wide left or upfront.

@toptoffee i cant get that much for any of the players either. osman is unhappy at not getting first team football but no one is intrested. im in the 2nd season as well and his contract is up in the summer as well. i was chuffed to bits when celtic paid 7mil for victor but other people said i could get 20mil.

I managed to get £9m for Leon Osman as I took the cash over 12mths.

Also I had an offer for Yakubu over 12ths of £18.5m accepted by the board but fortunately the club had insufficient funds so the transfer collasped.

Hopefully when they release the 1st patch these silly money transfers will be fixed.

I just started as Everton and I need help to find a defensive midfielder (up to 5million) available and an attacking midfielder to partner Raffael Van der Vaart. Apart from Van der Vaart I signed Ignasevich for free and I will sell one between AJ and Yakubu to make space for Michael Owen .

THANKS

icon_cool.gif

How about loaning Makelele from Chelsea for the season and I haghly recommend Steven Defour from Belgium for your other AMC, he is only 19 and will only set you back about £2.9m. I have him and he is top notch. I play him as a MC and he scores quite freely for me from midfield

I will try to loan makelele as i'm sure he would be excellent for my midfield defensively but i wolud prefer someone with higher reputation and some experience together with vd vaart.i have 8 mln availible as i sold quite a good number of fringe players.

Originally posted by ffc1894:

I just started as Everton and I need help to find a defensive midfielder (up to 5million) available and an attacking midfielder to partner Raffael Van der Vaart. Apart from Van der Vaart I signed Ignasevich for free and I will sell one between AJ and Yakubu to make space for Michael Owen .

THANKS

icon_cool.gif

i strongly suggest u keep atleast AJ for first season as he scores loads, Owen hasnt really done anything on my game, Ever Banega is a good DM

I signed michael owen,hedwiges maduro,sergey ignasevich and rv der vaart.In january i will try to sign a midfielder and a kepper cause howard and wessels are not consistent.

After 13 matches i sit fourth (won 7 games in a row).Beat utd 2-0 at goodison but lost the derby 2-1 at anfield despite dominating.I m in the quarter finals of the carling cup after eliminating chelsea (current leaders) 3-1 at stamford but i will face arsenal at the emirates in the nxt round.In the uefa cup i got zaragoza,sparta prague,debrecen and bayern munich.I lost the first match home to zaragoza but my aim will be to win against prague and debrecen and qualify from the third place.

I am consistently suffering from injuries.Michael Owen is a real goal machine (14 from 14) and i am happy with all my three other signings.Phil Jagielka is perforimng like Fabregas for me in the middle but andy johnson is underperforming.I am considering signing muamba of birmingham.

Will post in January.Thx

3 back to back seasons in the champs league places now, 2nd, 4th, 3rd.

Jose Baxter from the youth really has turned into an amazing player

hes scored 12 in 11 for me at the end of the season. My coaches says hes my 2nd best striker, behind Sergio Aguero but he isnt far from that standard, and he has the potential to be better!

BUT his natural fitness is 3. . .

By half time hes knackerd, any way i can improve his natural fitness? coz otherwise, he isnt going to be as good as he can be :p

And he looks very promising.

AJ and Yakubu have played a hand full of games between them this season, not scoring very well.

Vaughn and Baxter have came threw and are scoring for fun.

Originally posted by Mike_UEA:

Are you sure? I'm in my first season ahven't even started day one yet but I'll be happy for top 8!?

well you must be MASSIVELY unambitious to be honest icon_razz.gif

just finally got my first season finished, and ended up in 3rd place (beat Liverpool in penultimate game to secure 3rd icon_cool.gif) and also took down the UEFA Cup...

i managed to finish 4th and also won the fa cup

my starting eleven is as follows

gk wessels

wbl baines

wbr arteta

cd lescott

cd yobo

cd jagielka

cm cahill

cm varelo

amc kewell

fc johnson

fc yakubu / vaughn

also brought in a player called jensen and pa madou kah and that is all really.

but hoping to do better in the league and europe this year

johnson netted 30 goals in 35 games for me so that is spot on yakubu managed 20 i think and vaughn 10

had a hell of a first season with everton...won the league! my secret, pako ayestaran as assistant manager! the guys a legend and i'm not ashamed to admit whenever it came to a big game (chelsea, man u etc) i went on holiday for the match and let him take over and boy did he deliver.beat all of the top four at least once, couldn't believe it. 1st season brought in aaritalo, elyounoussi, andreasen and kuszczak and sold mcfadden and phil neville.

over the summer i've brought in kuzmanovic and naldo and sold arteta! know that sounds weird but he was complaining i was rejecting offers and was hoping to move clubs soon.

I managed second place in the league behind chelsea who won as well the FA cup and the champions leaue. Beat Lazio 5-4 in the UEFA CUP final. surely an excellent season. now i just won the community shield against chelsea on penalties. with howard doing the job after 12 penalty shoot outs each.

My first eleven are

HOWARD (consistency)

BAINES

HIBBERT (rock solid) or DE SILVESTRI(free from lazio)

VELOSO (12 million from sporting)

YOBO (wardrobe)

MADURO

MOUTINHO (15million from sporting)

CAHILL (skipper)

VAN DER VAART (genius)

ARTETA

OWEN ( GOD), I am concluding a ten million fee for ADRIANO

My targets are winning the European super cup against chelsea, top FOUR finish in the league advance as much as possible in champions league and FA CUP. I will use the Carling cup to give some experience to the youngsters. ony toffees!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

Sold Andy Johnson for 17m to Roma (Yakubu>Andy Jonson)

Bought in Obafemi Martins for 26m (I think he can replace my Yakubu when the time come for him to shine :p)

Yakubu has being awesome for me and James Vaughan has become a wonderkid status since i start playing him in first team when he is back from injury.

Victor Anichebe has being disappointment for me so i loan him out and maybe expect to sell him if there an offer for him ^^

On the final day of the transfer market i got gonzalo rodriguez for 12mln from villareal.Owen is still banging them in and adriano is doing an excellent job.

My first choice are:

HOWARD

BAINES

DE SILVESTRI (2 from 2 young player of the month)

GONZALO

YOBO

VELOSO/MADURO

MOUTINHO

CAHILL

VD VAART(flattered by milan's interest icon_frown.gif)

ARTETA

OWEN/ADRIANO

After 12 matches i sit 1 point behind chelsea with two games in hand.qualified from my champs league group with lyon,cska,grasshoppers and in the carling cup i got chelsea away in the last eight.

I lost the european super cup 2-1 to chelsea but with howard away on usa duty and backup keeper storari injured so i had to play ruddy!!! icon_mad.gif

In january i will sell surely neville,vd meyde,jagielka and one between johnson and vaughan.Vaughan is developing well but not scoring.Johnson is an excellent backup.I have two decent youngsters Jack Rodwell (17 labelled the new woodagte) and kissock (under 19's captain) and i will try to give them some experience before loaning them.

Just moved into an increased 50,000 all capacity goodison park icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just won the luckiest match

I beat Man Utd 1-0 in the FA cup final. They hammered me, had two goals dissallowed and also missed two penalties. My heart bleeds for them.

ok, so...

i started a new game with the second beta patch... managed 2nd place in the league 1st season (Man Utd ran away with the title), along with Carling Cup and UEFA Cup wins icon_cool.gif

in the summer, people started going NUTS with bids for my top players icon_frown.gif .... I held them off until like August 20th, when on ONE DAY, Chelsea made offers of £50m (yes, FIFTY) for Arteta, and £30m for Vaughan ( icon_eek.gif ), both of which Kenwright went over my head to accept icon_frown.gif

Two days after that, Milan offered £17m for Cahill, and since i've never REALLY managed to get him to hit the heights that he does in r/l, i let him leave. (He also wanted to be allowed to discuss terms)....

don't think i've EVER made that much money in one summer before on FM... even if it wasn't all entirely desired icon_frown.gif

left MAJOR rebuilding to be done though!

what setting have you got AJ on, he's abseloute gash for me, I get Carew and Vaughan scoring all my goals

Team:

Hibbert

Yobo

Lescott

Baines

DM-Neville

RM-Simao

LM-Downing

AM-Arteta

ST-Carew

ST-Johnson

Bench:

Enyeama

Ignashevich

Aaritalo

Cahill

Vaughan

The Rest:

Valente

Dessena

Van Der Meyde

McFadden

Anichebe

Haynes

Bojinov (injured again)

and some others i cant really remember at this point in time

I'm getting great results, I've just not been getting the Johnson that he should be. so yeah. what intructions do you use?

Hi Guys, just into my second season. 1st season didn't go to bad :

6th in Premiership (RS finished 7th)

League Cup Won Final 2-1 vs Man Utd

FA Cup - Lost in Semi-Final 3-0 vs Arsenal

Euro Cup - Lost in Semi-Final 5-2 agg vs Barcelona

So managed to qualify for Euro Cup again.

Anyway into 2nd Season and sitting in 5th place after 7 games

Won 4, Drawn 1 & Lost 2

Here's my 1st Team

11192007224323xi1.th.png

Fairly happy with my squad but feel i need a stronger RB. Hibbert's performing OK and Samba can cover but really looking for a similar quality full back to Baines on the right who will come to me. Got about £14mil to spend.

BTW also have Edison Cavani coming from Palermo in Jan for £13mil to add a bit more depth and quality to the attack (just waiting on his work permit appeal)

So any help on a RB would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by neilb242:

on patch, starting as everton.

anyone got a tactic that works well?

also, i set game to have proper transfer budgets - i.e nothing for everton. so, any good freebies to go for? best players to try to ofload?

hmmm... nothing for Everton? that's not exactly correct tbh... the default DB has it about right tbh...

Right guys, just started a new game using the patch. The first thing i noticed is that the transfers and fee's are more realistic, no more £10mil's for average players like Osman & McFadden. Definately makes for a more realistic game. Anyway here's may transfers for the start of this my 1st season :

11242007195456za7.th.png

Here's my 1st Team squad & tactics :

11242007195722fo4.th.png

Still have Baines, Cahill & Vaughan aswell, there just sat un the reserves at the moment injured and waiting till their match fit.

Started pretty average, Won 2, Drawn 1 & Lost 2, just settling in though.

Right, I'll keep you updated as I go.

BTW, come on guys star posting, I know there's more of us out there playing as the Mighty Blues

Being a Liverpool fan i thought it would be in good nature too start a game with everton. So far i'de like too point out the best peice of buissness i've done eddie johnson and andy johnson...those two up front with osman behind then happens too be the best forward combo i've had yet ín the game. i'll let you know how i get on in my first season. laters icon_biggrin.gif

i started a game both pre patch and now after patching it, and in both pienaar is one of my better players. also van der meyde is worth bringing out of reserves - not a star, but worth having around. i'm still messing around trying to find a good tactic, but just won at chelsea with a 4-3-2-1 formation.

did you see keanes face yesterday? made my day!

Im playing with The Toffies as well icon_wink.gif Game patched \o/

So far doing very well, end of december 1st season, 4th in league, out of Carling Cup (draw chelski in the first round) but still in EURO Cup and playing great there (smashed Villareal 4:1 at Goodison Park). Best games i had against Tottenham (0:1 at half time, 4:1 at full time icon_biggrin.gif) and against Villa - 5:1 at home.

Sold Yakubu for 25M to Porthsmouth, also sold Silva. No matter how hard i try i cannot sell van der mayde icon_frown.gif

Brought in many youngsters. Vaughan is simply awesome for my team, scoring almost every match, got 21 goals already! Absolute machine.

Arteta vision and passing abilities is truly amazing, he made around 20 goals so far.

Though im not that sure if i'll be able to keep Arteta and Cahill, cos big clubs sniffing around ;/

May sell Yobo as Breno is coming in days icon_biggrin.gif

Ahh...Aquino and Piatti are truly amazing !!

I'll post more details when i get back home.

Stay strong!

loki - what tactics are you using?

I found baxter got more mentions for his performance pre patch than post patch. but think he'll become a star.

try sticking transfer values sky high for players you want to keep - may discourage other teams.

van der meyde isn't half bad and versatile too - play him a bit and it may attract more offers for him?

started again

1st season

Out:

V.d.meyde

boyle

turner

Anderson, Silva

Vidarsson

Ruddy

McFadden

Valente

In:

Dzsudzsak

Piatti

Aaritalo

Alex

Midfield is amazing, vaughn has replaced yakubu in first team, hoping to sell him in summer, need to strengthen defence.

Finished 4th in league and won the uefa cup.

Got about 30m to spend, might let one of my midfielders go, which should gimmie about 50m.

gonna try bring in Richards and Aguero. then gotta start getting better defence :p

Archived