£54 million profit in 6 months

transfersq.jpg

Quite proud of this I signed Marchisio on a free transfer and after 2 months he was not settling in the area, January came around and I decided to offer him out for £40 million and see what happened. AC Milan bid £39 million for him so being as he didn't settle well and was 28 decided to sell. Ramires also free transfer didn't play many games due to the form of other DMC's and CM's in my team, Lyon enquired so I quoted them £15 million and they offered it so off he went.

I am sure there are other people who make huge money on free transfers, got me wondering what is the most you have sold someone on for a short time after buying them? I didn't set out to just make a profit when I signed them but is this a slight cheat or exploiting the system a bit? Marchisio was worth £19.75 million as soon as he arrived at the club. Obviously taking wages into account surely this could be a way to make a hefty profit each season.

Yeah, it's amazing what some players fetch. To be honest I think the realism of transfers (who the top teams end up buying and how much they pay for them) is something that needs to be worked on in future FM games. I just offloaded a 30-year-old Jose Reina for £30m, replacing him with 26-year-old Igor Akinfeev for £31m!

That's great for you man. Also hows Canales doing for you?

He is doing okay but struggles to get into my midfield and also struggles to finish 90 minutes.

did you get a takeover? Huge transfer budget for 2014?

No takeover I have just had quite a bit of success domestically and in Europe, this resulted in a transfer budget of £43 million and a wage budget of £1.8 million which I was 700k under, altering the wages by 300k gave me and extra £15 million transfer budget. I also made a mistake as I was trying to decide who to buy out of Rodwell and Sakho, I saved my game went to sleep came back the following day and confirmed the Rodwell deal then holidayed for a few days to get to the next friendly when I returned the Sakho deal had already gone through. This put the club £25 million in debt which is why there are a few big transfers out dated after the arrival of Sakho.

The Sunderland board are extremely generous/stupid, for the last three seasons I have had a budget of at least £40 million for title challenge despite having less than £20 million in the bank.

I started a save with huddersfield town who were in league 1 and didnt have many good strikers and with not alot of money i picked up nathan tyson for £40,000 from notts forest.In the first season he played 46 games scoring 41 goals.I got promoted first season and i have just had a bid from wigan for £7mill which i accepted because that could build me a team to stay in the championship so from £40,000 to £7mill in one season happy days lol

My biggest profit was with this player. I tracked him for some time and unsettled him enough to pick him up on a free transfer at the end of his contract. His goals return was not quite up to the standard I was expecting so I sold him 18 months later for £80m.

How comes in my game the best regens in the world are not good enough to play for me (except one of them) and your game has freaks like this? Do I just have to wait until 2017 or something?

How comes in my game the best regens in the world are not good enough to play for me (except one of them) and your game has freaks like this? Do I just have to wait until 2017 or something?

It is all down to luck, and possibly the size and type of database you load. Obviously the longer you play for, the better chance you have of coming across players like that, but they are not exactly common.

nothing like the profit you made there but ive made a few good profits recently

Christian Zapata, Sign £24mil (Aug 2013), Sold £29mil (Jan 2014)

Mamadou Sakho, Sign £17.5mil (Jan 2014) Sold £28mil (Aug 2015)

Also signed a wonderkid for £2million in 2011, He's now the most valuable player in the game (Im in November 2015)at £36.5 million and Barcelona offered £66 Million for him but i declined!

It is all down to luck, and possibly the size and type of database you load. Obviously the longer you play for, the better chance you have of coming across players like that, but they are not exactly common.

What size is your database? I use a medium one with 3 to 4 fully playable leagues, as mine is hardly a gaming computer. As a consequence, no regens are good enough to play for my first team. But then again, my world class coaches rate Steven Gerrard, Edin Dzeko, Joann Gourcuff, Mamadou Sakho and Gerard Pique all as 4 stars, and Franck Ribery as a 3.5 star. (After I spent ridiculous money putting a stupidly good squad together)

What size is your database? I use a medium one with 3 to 4 fully playable leagues, as mine is hardly a gaming computer. As a consequence, no regens are good enough to play for my first team. But then again, my world class coaches rate Steven Gerrard, Edin Dzeko, Joann Gourcuff, Mamadou Sakho and Gerard Pique all as 4 stars, and Franck Ribery as a 3.5 star. (After I spent ridiculous money putting a stupidly good squad together)

I've only got the English leagues loaded on a large database, but I've also loaded the players from the top clubs around the world. It keeps the size down to about 20000 but it is skewed towards the top end thanks to the big clubs.

Well this is what happened to me. I had a regen who was a star for me in the Championship. An extremely good CM. Premiership star quality for sure. He was in his last year of his contract and I couldn't sell him because whenever my team played without him they struggled mightly. So obviously during the summer we had to part ways. He spent about 5 years at Everton (became league champions after he joined for 3 years in a row) then went to Real Madrid for 75 million pounds. I could hardly believe my eyes. He was a great player for sure but worth 75 million I certainly did not think so.

My biggest profit was with this player. I tracked him for some time and unsettled him enough to pick him up on a free transfer at the end of his contract. His goals return was not quite up to the standard I was expecting so I sold him 18 months later for £80m.

Technical and mental stats are amazing! (o_O)

Kinda low ratings though...

To be honest, looking at his stats in other areas (technique, first touch, passing, crossing, dribbling) you could have easily retrained him to be a top winger, attacking midfielder or indeed central midfielder...

I bought Dzeko in January of my second season with Fenerbahce for 23 million and sold him in the summer for 40 something to Chelsea. I think 46 mil but not sure. Was a good transaction. Had Artem Milevsky as back-up and ended up actually performing better than Dzeko in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Archived