[FM10] Stilton? Brie? Red Leicester? No thanks, I'll stick with Cheddar!

Dan BHTFC

Using SuperBladesmans Level 11 update with all players from UK and Ireland loaded.

My journey starts with Cheddar AFC in the Somerset Premier League (Level 11)

thecheesementhumb131148.jpg

Known as the Cheesemen (original!) Cheddar are a club who are looking upwards in terms of on and off the pitch in real life.

My aims in my first season in Somerset is to gain promotion, I have brought in numerous players, luckily we are amateur so no wages!

With the first third of the season completed I am top of the league but there is no automatic place, I have to play another Level 11 side to get the step up! I will be posting an end of season and a Pre-Season one of my next season, wish me luck!

Cheddar AFC - English Somerset Premier League (Level 11) - 2009/2010

Season Review

League Table

Level 11 Promotion Play-Off Final

We won the league quite easily but we seemed to struggle to score from our chances but a title is a title!

In the play-off final we seemed to struggle to create any sort of chance but we won in extra time so with promotion we should be turning Semi-Pro next season!

Squad Info

Was lucky to find some gems from Ireland who were all freebies but player of the season has to be South African Goalkeeper Wesley Barnard

Club Info:

Finances

We are in the black but with promotion comes extra outgoings, hopefully I can keep the core of my squad together if we turn Semi-Pro.

Next Seasons Hopes:

We have to keep this squad together and maybe with a few shrewd signings we can aim for the top again, hopefully we will be involved in a National competition too just so I can see how we get on with the clubs around us

• 3 weeks later...

Cheddar AFC - English Western League Division 1 (Level 10) - 20010/2011

Season Review 2

League Table

Another league title but this one seemed a bit easier, we didn't make too many changes to the squad but this team look as if they have gelled well. We do seem to have problems finishing teams off, hopefully 3 or 4 new signings will help us out in Level 9.

League Cup

Our first ever Cup! We overcame a few Western Premier teams to really show how far this team has come. We beat rivals Almondsbury UWE who seem to have the same ambition as us. Good crowd at Huish Park, Yeovil of over 1,000 saw us grab it.

F.A Vase

Our first foray into a National competition but the less said the better! Hopefully we can get a run next season.

Squad Info

Our goalkeeper was my man of the season but in reality the whole squad performed well.

Club Info:

Finances

We have stayed around the same financial footings despite moving to Semi-Pro.

Next Seasons Hopes:

Another promotion sees new aims, my main aim is a top 10 finish and a decent National cup run.

• 6 months later...

Archived