*Official* - the BIG Chelsea thread. Post all sorts of transfer crap in here, but no mentions of 'Chelski'

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Some random stories of the day:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Real Madrid and Chelsea to reach agreement over Owen and Ronaldo

Real Madrid's very public overtures towards Thierry Henry and Ruud van Nistelrooy this week were predictable and designed to cover up an unprecedented agreement between the Madrid club and Chelsea over what will be the biggest transfer deal of the summer.

According to our sources Chelsea's two main summer targets are Michael Owen and Ronaldo, with the club also set to sell Hasselbaink and Gudjonsen. Owen is top of the wishlist of Sven Goran Erikkson who will take over the manager's position at Stamford Bridge, irrespective of what Claudio Ranieri achieves this season.

It's been widely reported today that Chelsea will offer Ronaldo around £200,000 a week to join them in the summer, as well as paying Madrid a transfer fee of around £25m. Chelsea have also proposed that in return for agreeing the sale of the Brazilian, they will sign an agreement which states they will not make any kind of bid for Owen, and although Erikkson would love the Liverpool man, Roman Abramovich is determined to land the mega-star his team lacks.

Madrid meanwhile will bank the Ronaldo transfer money, plus whatever they get when they sell Figo, probably to one of the Milan clubs after Euro 2004, enabling them bid for Owen. Real Madrid President Floretino Perez would love Henry or van Nistelrooy, but he has privately conceded that neither player wants to move to Spain, nor do their respective clubs have any intention of selling no matter what's offered. With Owen stalling on a new deal at Liverpool and with under 18 months left on his contract, Madrid are confident that they can land the player for far less than they would have to pay for any other of Europe's top strikers.

It is believed that Owen's representatives have already sounded out alternatives should Liverpool fail to qualify for the Champions League (Owen's frustration at not playing at the highest level is well documented) and the player has been advised of the interest of both clubs. It's not known where his preference lies, but the glamour of Real Madrid, plus the chance to link up with England captain David Beckham may just swing things towards Spain.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

£200k p/w. Pffffffffffffft icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

For us Chelsea supporters, playing Arsenal has become very frustrating. Thankfully, we haven't yet got to the stage T*tt*nh*m supporters feel about playing us though!

Spurs have of course recorded a 5-1 victory over us in the much lamented "Mickey Mouse Cup". It was a night of shame and despair for many Chelsea supporters. The result however was in a competition which does not have a "high profile" and though it hurt, it wasn't as bad as say losing in the Premiership or FA Cup (we wouldn't lose to T*tt*nh*m in Europe, because they never qualify!). However, there are some die-hards who would say losing to T*tt*nh*m in a pre-season friendly would be simply unforgivable, and to be honest they aren't far from the truth.

Since T*tt*nh*m last beat us in a proper football competition, way back in 1990, we haven't won at Highbury! Though of course there was the magical "Arfur" night, once again in the League Cup. The Gooner's have always explained that away by suggesting that they only sent out their reserves, which at least goes to prove that our reserves were better than theirs. The night of course will be remembered in Chelsea fans' history, though probably not as much as Tottenham remember beating us in the same competition, which has been the high point, for them, of the past 10 years!

Whilst the 1989-90 season heralded the last time T*tt*nh*m beat us in the League and FA Cup, our failure to beat Arsenal at Highbury hasn't been replicated at Stamford Bridge. We have thankfully had a few memorable wins since then!

February 2nd 1991 Chelsea 2 Arsenal 1

Arsenal hadn't lost a League match all season (sound familiar?), Chelsea took a 2-0 lead through Graham Stuart 67 minutes and Kerry Dixon 88 minutes, before Alan Smith (obviously not the peroxide teenage thug at Leeds), grabbed a consolation goal for Arsenal in injury time the defeat for Arsenal ended their unbeaten League and Cup run!

May 14th 1995 Chelsea 2 Arsenal 1

It was a pretty bad season for Arsenal and a sad one for us. After the disappointment of going out to Real Zaragosa in the semi-final of the Cup-Winners-Cup and subsequently missing out on the chance of beating Arsenal in the final in Paris (they probably would have moved it to Wembley, if we had met!), we had the last laugh with "Nayim from the halfway line" volleying the ball over a flapping David Seaman, days before this fixture.

Did Seaman get some stick at this game? The poor(?) lad was lamented throughout on a bright sunny afternoon, Paul Furlong put Chelsea in front, before some Gooner equalised, Mark Stein scored the winner to celebrate the end of a mediocre league season (though our first European nights for over 20 years were most welcome) and send us happy into the summer.

September 30th 1995 Chelsea 1 Arsenal 0

Okay, it was early in the season, but Arsenal came to the Bridge unbeaten, Mark Hughes (the only decent thing to come from Manchester), got the winner, but this match is probably best remembered for entleman "Spackman" receiving a red card. Now Nigel had never been sent off in his career, and had rarely been booked, but he saw red after a challenge from Monkey Keown and threw a right hook that old Madman Bruno would have been proud of. Spackman's status reached legendary scales after this match. Indeed, in the players lounge afterwards even Ian Wright was heard to ask why Spackman had floored Bob (Brain of Britain)

February 18th 1998 Chelsea 3 Arsenal 1 (Coca Cola-SF)

It's worth mentioning this match, because Ruud Gullit had just been sacked, resulting in our assault on three fronts (Premiership, Coke (not the Bosnich kind) and Europe) was apparently in turmoil. After our Premiership defeat at Highbury the previous week and with the club 2nd in the Premiership and still in the Quarter-Finals of Europe and the semi-final of a competition, when clubs still used to put there full-strength sides out, Ruud's sacking was very strange to say the least. His sacking was attributed, at the time, by the club to his apparent greedy demands of the difference between £3million net and £3million gross. Ironically such wage demands pale into insignificance nowadays. Still, delving deeper into history, old Eddie McCreadie only wanted a new motor! How times change?

Also, old Gooner, Graham Rix reckoned Gullit was doing a bit of head banging after our Premiership defeat the week before. Weren't we all?

With the club in apparent turmoil, Vialli was appointed Manager the day before the semi-final second leg, he apparently opened his first pre-match talk by opening a bottle of bubbly and telling the lads to enjoy themselves. Well, it worked, 2-1 down from the 1st leg, we stuffed the Gooners 3-1. Though we didn't celebrate with bubbly afterwards, a fair few lagers were inevitably drunk.

Oh, and we went on and won the Cup!!! (held aloft the European one as well!) Had to settle for 4th in the League though!

November 11th 1999 Arsenal 0 Chelsea 5 (Worthington Cup 4th Round)

Well had to mention it didn't we? The last time we beat them, we sure did it in style! Who put the ball in the Arsenal net? (Arfur f*ckin Chelsea!)

However, the fun doesn't end there, if we fly back to 1990 (back to the future part???), Arsenal had a remarkable long running undefeated home record, until good old Johnnie B popped up and scored, right in front of a stunned North Bank.

Well, if they (Arsenal) apparently can't be beat, Chelsea can (and will) beat them! Here's looking forward to at least one, if not two, glorious victories over the Arse in consecutive weeks!

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

COME ONE!!!

• Administrators

Barnsley manager Gudjon Thordarson continues to strengthen his squad, with Chelsea midfielder Craig Rocastle the latest arrival at Oakwell.

The central midfielder, who is the cousin of the former Arsenal star David Rocastle, was signed by the Blues from Kingstonian in the summer.

He was released by Charlton as a schoolboy at the age of 16 before joining QPR.

However, when the R's went into administration they could not afford to keep Rocastle so he moved on to Gravesend & Northfleet and then Kingstonian.

He will spend one month with the Tykes and is expected to play some part in the game at Wrexham on Saturday.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

Arsenal v Chelsea (1230 GMT)

Chelsea's pre-Christmas threat of sweeping all before them this season is beginning to disappear - and another major blow could hit them on Sunday.

The men from Stamford Bridge must have winced when they were paired with the cup holders and current Premiership leaders.

The Blues have a wretched record against Arsenal, with the north Londoners also responsible for ending their FA Cup run in each of the last three seasons.

It would take a brave man to bet against them making it four in a row.

The stats do not make pleasant reading for Chelsea.

If you exclude a League Cup tie in which the Gunners fielded a 2nd XI, Chelsea have not won at Highbury in 19 visits, their last win coming in 1990.

And if you take in matches at the Bridge, Chelsea have won just two of the sides' last 23 meetings (one of those being that meaningless League Cup encounter).

Then there's the small fact that Arsenal are simply winning, winning and winning at the moment.

Once again, a key reason for that has been Thierry Henry who notched his 100th Premiership goal on Tuesday night.

He is the league's top scorer this season with 19 and in his seven matches so far in 2004, he has bagged eight goals.

The Frenchman clearly likes playing Chelsea too.

In 10 starts against the men from SW6, he was netted eight times, while he also scored against them in one of his two substitute appearances.

All of which makes odds-against quotes of him scoring at anytime look tasty - providing he plays, as Arsene Wenger has a habit of not starting the French star in cup games.

At worst he'll surely be on the bench.

Of course, Chelsea's current side is arguably the best they've had many years, but they have not been firing on all cylinders lately, failing to beat Birmingham and then scraping home by a single goal against both Blackburn and Charlton.

The 11/4 on an away win may tempt some, but for me Arsenal will prevail, even if Henry has to be called from the bench to help the cause.

Having said all that, the best way of making money of this one looks to be with SportingOdds' special about both teams scoring.

They price that up at 8/11 and with both sides full of attacking talent, that has to be a good bet.

It becomes a great one when you take another look at those head-to-head stats.

Over the past five seasons, the teams have played 13 times with only one clean sheet resulting - and that was in the FA Cup final, a match which is notoriously cagey.

It's taken for granted that Arsenal always score at Highbury - with or without Henry - so really it's just a case of whether Chelsea do.

With the likes of Mutu, Hasselbaink and Crespo in their ranks, you have to fancy them to score at least one.

Get on before it's too late.

Verdict: Arsenal 2 Chelsea 8

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I might as well up this, just to shut Karl up icon_razz.gif

Eidur Gudjohnsen has called for the critics to get off the back of Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri and allow him to get on with his job.

Blues boss Ranieri is under constant pressure to deliver a trophy this season after spending £121m of billionaire owner Roman Abramovich's money on rebuilding his squad and there is continued speculation he will be replaced in the summer.

The past fortnight has seen Chelsea crash out of the FA Cup and slip nine points behind leaders Arsenal in the race for the Premiership.

However, Ranieri's men are still going strong in the Champions League and are favourites to reach the last 16 after Wednesday's impressive 1-0 victory in Stuttgart.

Icelandic striker Gudjohnsen said: "People should get off his back and let him do his job - it would be a lot easier for us all if they did.

"We will see at the end of the season what happens - if anything - and it has all been going on for too long.

"The good thing is, I don't think he lets anything get to him, which is a positive, especially for the team.

"We do not feel as if he is under pressure, he just gets on with his job.

"In any case, it is not only the manager who is under pressure - we are all under pressure to perform and we are all in this together."

Strike partner Hernan Crespo made a return from injury and illness in Wednesday's win and believes pressure is all part of the challenge for success.

The Argentinian said: "This is football, it is normal. If you want to play in a great team then you have pressure. It is a beautiful problem to have."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

Peter ORourke

Manchester City will be aiming to build on their first win in 15 Premiership games last weekend when they host European heroes Chelsea.

City finally ended their depressing run of 14 Premiership games without a win against Bolton last weekend and they will be hoping for their first back-to-back Premiership wins this season.

Kevin Keegan is able to call upon Belgian defender Daniel van Buyten after he missed last weekend's win at Bolton with a groin strain.

The home side are also boosted by the return from suspension of key midfield duo Joey Barton and Paul Bosvelt.

Nicolas Anelka serves the second game of his three-match ban meaning Robbie Fowler and Jon Macken lead the attack in his absence.

Chelsea will be looking to keep their faint title hopes alive with victory at The City of Manchester Stadium after falling nine points behind leaders Arsenal.

The Blues have a good record against City having won all of their last five meetings including their last four trips to Manchester.

Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri could tinker with his side following their impressive win over Stuttgart in midweek.

Damien Duff could return to the starting line-up after a successful return from injury as a substitute in Stuttgart.

The Irishman is set to return in place of the suspended Jesper Gronkjaer, while Adrian Mutu is also banned having picked up five bookings.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will be pushing for a place in attack having missed out against Stuttgart and should he play he will be hunting his 100th Premiership goal.

The Dutchman enjoys playing against City having scored five Premiership goals against them and three in the last three encounters with them.

Should Frank Lampard play he will reach the milestone mark of 250 League games in his career.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Predictions people - I've gone for a 1-1 in Frode's thingy, but that's to cover my options - we'll probably win 2-0, Jimmy and Scott Parker scoring icon_cool.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ROBBEN SIGNING 'KICK IN TEETH' FOR DUFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea winger Damien Duff has described the Blues' transfer swoop for Arjen Robben as "a kick in the teeth".

Duff, signed for £17million from Blackburn last summer, has struggled to make an impact at Stamford Bridge after being hit with shoulder and Achilles injuries. The Republic of Ireland international is on the brink of a return to first-team action after playing for the reserves in midweek but clearly sees the Dutch starlet as a threat to his long-term future.

Duff told The Sun: "I must admit it was a bit of a kick in the teeth after two months out to hear about it. But I'll just have to carry on doing what I always do and work hard -- hopefully that will be OK for me. I hear Robben is a left winger but I don't play there very often so maybe I'll get a game somewhere else in the team!"

Newspaper reports earlier this week suggested that Joe Cole was also unhappy at Robben's signing and would be looking for a summer transfer. However, the former West Ham star told his personal website, www.joecole.co.uk: "I am disappointed that I have not been playing regularly this season. Like any footballer I want to be playing every game.

"I have been to see the manager on a number of occasions this season, but that is the same as all the other players.

"Mr Ranieri has assured me I still have a big future at Chelsea and I am part of his long-term plans. I have certainly not asked for a transfer and am determined to win a regular place in the Chelsea first team.

"When I signed for Chelsea last summer, I was determined to win European and domestic honours and nothing has changed my way of thinking. I want to assure Chelsea fans I will not be seeking talks with the manager in the near future and am solely focusing on our next game against Stuttgart in the Champions League next week."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 5 weeks later...

Time to resurrect this mofo.

Tottenham today, obviously a traditionally successful fixture for the Mighty Blues.

Crespo is fit, but Veron, Petit, Johnson, and Cudicini are all injured, and JFH is doubtful.

Probable team according to a popular national tabloid icon_wink.gif:

Ambrosio

Bridge

Terry

Desailly

Gallas

Geremi

Lampard

Makelele

Duff

Mutu

Crespo

For Rottingham - Doherty, Carr, Tarrico, Anderton, Davies, King all injured icon_smile.gif

COME ONE icon_mad.gif

Gotta be confident about playing Sperz icon14.gif

Apparently Parker replaces Geremi on the right, Duff is on the left instead of Gronkjaer, Bridge reclaims the left-back spot from Baba, and Jimmy and Eidur are set to start up-front, with Crespo missing out after his midweek game for Argentina.

Redknapp makes his first start in 75 years for Tottenham.

• Administrators

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Ooh a Chelsea thread, there never used to be one of these.

What a night, unforgettable and the greatest feeling I've known in 20 years as a Chelsea fan. To beat them is good enough but now we can actually win the CL and the league isn't over yet. It all brings a very wide smile to my face. icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Father Senegal:

The other Chelsea thread > This one icon_cool.gif

See you in 3 or 4 months when this gets upped again icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had to keep the ritual alive icon_smile.gif

Bugger off father icon_biggrin.gif

Well, Jesper is insisting on staying put at the Bridge instead of going to Brum. I like that as a dane, but he needs to sharpen himself a lot to be playing regularly next year.

I don't really have anything to say about Ferreira, since I haven't seem him play much. The price does seem a little steep, but I guess that doesn't matter much icon_wink.gif

As for Mourinho I'm beginning to warm up about him. His statements about the squad size and the development of own players sounds pretty sweet to me. One thing is for certain, it won't be boring having him around...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

I'm gonna do a new thread soon icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My upcoming Juve thread > Your upcoming Chelsea thread

I'm not supporting Chelsea, anyway I am watching thme as there plays Mutu. What a great player he is and how badly has he played icon_frown.gif

I sincerely hope he will stay this season to show everybody his skills. What Chelsea fans think about him at the moment? I am sure he is not really appreciated but I am curious if the fans are going to give him another chance to prove himself this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

I'm gonna do a new thread soon icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bah i started one and u closed! icon_frown.gif

anyway Chelsea linked with Shevchenko, Gazzetta dello Sport claims Abramovich offered 50 million € for him + Crespo

ew icon_razz.gif

oh and

Mourinho looks to academy

Mourinho is determined to make an impact at Stamford Bridge

New Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho insists he wants to concentrate on developing homegrown players at the club.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/3776035.stm

Archived