Disenchanted with the game.

I feel that this Chairman selling your players are basically a gimmick to difficult the players life, period and end of story.

To those people that said it is realistic, need to look again, because when a player is sell is with both consent of Manager and Chairman. if chairman sell player without the consent of the Manager, then their relationship is the sh*t and the chairman is seriously of replacing the manager. It happen once on FM08 (since I haven't play enough of FM09 and FM10) and I was able to hold the player by offering a new contract. Has anyone try on FM10.

To be honest is one of those features that makes absolutely no sense in any context you put in and should be removed, unless the AI is significantly improved.

I've seen chairman accept my bids at AI teams, so it's not just a human problem

Personally, I think it should depend on the actual chairman and manager at the club

An interfering chairman/board will interfere, but should look to take a less hands-on approach if the manager is favoured by the club or proven to bring success

Also, it could be a contract clause that states how much control the manager expects to have

Personally, I think it shouldn't happen within the game until it's programmed to be more intelligent, after-all, there is ZERO reason to sell our top scorer for a couple of million pounds when we are the richest team in the country, it doesn't make any business sense... especially when that top scorer gets us a couple of wins and rounds further in the champions league which is worth more than his transfer price

Now, if the offer was for £25million... that could be a different story

if thats the case then why have a manager at all if they want to do it ther own way?

I don't see how selling the odd player counts as the chairman doing it all their own way?

No, the chairman is an AI actor in a game that's supposed to be fun and enjoyable (and before anyone asks, I don't get my enjoyment out of it being 'easy').

The club is my club. I own that club as far as I'm concerned. I sell players. I hire staff. I buy players. I set tactics. I set training. The decisions I make contribute far more to the success or failure of the club than the AI manager.

It's also my game.

So I do infact have far more power than any chairman in this game. I even have the ultimate power of simply quitting the game entirely.

That is why I do "own" the club.

There is a difference between working inside set parameters, like wage and transfer budgets, and even expectations, and a no-recourse AI decision made to sell a player from under the nose of the human player-manager.

If they sell the star players you've purchased and developed, without giving you a choice, SI might as well make the chairmen tell you what formation to play. That'd be just as stupid as selling off my players.

I still don't see your point. It's not your club as much as you think it is, a manager is employed by a club to achieve success by business men who know little about achieving football success. I agree that the AI can be improved to make it more realistic but this feature should not be removed.

Yes you bought the player and developed him but with their money, how is that you should run the club and make all decisions regarding finances even though you didn't buy the club. You are paid by the club which makes you an employee.

Oh and by the way at barca the managers are told what formation and style of play to use so just be glad that isn't in the game.

Its happened to me a couple of times before, even up to Championship level. I like it being in there - one of the main challenges of managing outside the top flight is that cash is going to be tight and every player has his price. Also a sad fact that one or two players make a huge difference at that level. Would Bristol Rovers have made the play offs had they kept Lambert? Would Southend have stayed up if they kept Barnard?

Doesn't need to be a chairman mode, AI just needs improving for things like this.

That all that is pretty much needed to be said. Im sure that SI know and are hard at work to make sure they improve this part of the game :)

Archived