i went from 2d to 3d now im back again

i thought i had got the 2d classic out of my system ive been playing in 3d since fm10 was released, but a few weeks back i got a bit bored with it so i switched back it brought back all the old fun for me, now i just cant go back to 3d it might sound crazy but the 2d is so romantic it reminds me of the fa cup

i just hope fm keep 2d for some years to come becaues to me 2d has not lost its magic

i thought i had got the 2d classic out of my system ive been playing in 3d since fm10 was released, but a few weeks back i got a bit bored with it so i switched back it brought back all the old fun for me, now i just cant go back to 3d it might sound crazy but the 2d is so romantic it reminds me of the fa cup

i just hope fm keep 2d for some years to come becaues to me 2d has not lost its magic

Yeah i totally agree. I love 2d. I hope they keep 2d in the future games to come from fm.

I just tried 2D classic, it really did bring back a lot of memories, but it's impractical, I might use it occasionally, but I like being able to see my player's stats, which gets in the way on 2D.

How can you see where things are going wrong in your tactics with commentary only? or whether a player is playing badly for example?

I've been using the same tactic for 35 years now, I'm not really one for tinkering with systems. I just use the match stats and player ratings, I can see enough from there.

just tried commentary only it is fantastic it is reminding me of the old cms, i am feeling a new passion for the game now. 3d is ok dont get me wrong but the romance and the magic lies in 2d and commentary only for me:thup:

I've recently switched from 3D to commentary only, for the speed. Apart from creating tactics I don't think I'll ever use 2D again.

Same here, now that I've got my tactics finalised and working how I want them to I've switched to commentary only and will stay that way until I switch teams and have to 'tinker' again.

I do love the 3d its just my FM time is quite limited nowadays so I want to get as many games done as I can in a session and commentary is the fastest way to do it.

I'm very impressed with the 3D - I use key highlights or commentary when I'm pressed for time, but the visual representation is accurate enough and responsive enough to be pleasingly realistic most of the time.

For example, my team have a habit of giving the ball away - I tell them to "Retain Possession" and I can see that they've responded and are holding on to it.

You just can't see that with commentary only.

As for 2D - well, that's almost like a top-down version of 3D. The only advantage is that you get to see the whole pitch instead of just a section at a time (well - from my preferred camera angle anyway).

I've recently switched from 3D to commentary only, for the speed. Apart from creating tactics I don't think I'll ever use 2D again.

Im going down this route aswell. Have used the same tactic for a long time. Find myself not even watching the 3D anyway.

I feel 2-d leaves more to the imagination. I don't think the 3-d graphics and animations are quite up to standard.

Its a football management simulation game. Not fifa. IMO I dont thing SI should be concentrating on graphics. Its a nice addition and I can understand alot of people would prefer it to be improved. But id prefer them to concentrate on other aspects of the game other than this.

Archived