Have anyone manage Atletico Bilbao style?

Have you tried to manage a team with only 1 nationality, or at least if u play in English league, build a team entirely of UK players? I always wantesd to try manage such a team but i cant resist the temptation buying a player with beautiful stats.

That's my eternal tendency since FM2007 or so. I absolutely hate what's becoming of football recently with the complete loss of a club's identity so I take it as a personal goal to change it at least in the virtual world :)

I believe that there shouldn't be more than 4-5 foreign players in the entire squad, and that the general aspiration should be zero. So in every team that I take I attempt to employ this sort of "nationalization" project over the first few years.

yep

Liverpool

2009/10 - 3 english players (1st team only)

2013/14 - 6 english players

Big improvement eh:D

Currently challenging myself to accomplish this before year 2020

Hahah! Thats 100% increase! :D

Good job!

Im playing leeds and currently have 7 english players representing England. I have 3 more that has strong potentiol to become part of england squad. Its really hard to keep d discipline. Im aiming for at least half of d squad must be local.

I think if anyone managed to win with a league with a squad from single nationality to post their squad here.

I never really tried because a) I'm always tempted by good occasions too and b) I have a bad feeling about it as a strict no foreigner policy (as opposed to only few) sounds more like racism in a club identity disguise to me. Which, let's face it, is what we see in Pays Basque.

However, I too believe in fostering a fairly local backbone, so I keep trying to maintain at least around 10 first team members of the respective country I manage in.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159136

Dafuge's Tooting & Mitcham side is now entirely made up of not just English players, but players from his youth system. That's in the Premier League after about 30 seasons though, so it's taken a while to build up the youth system to produce good enough players.

There is also a challenge to play with only youth products here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=166749

If you want a great team without any sign of a foreigner anywhere, head to Brazil!

It's so easy to have a just-Brazilian squad, especially as you can pick up so many brilliant freebies all the time. And considering how most players in Europe will be scouting and buying from Brazil anyway, that's where a huge percentage of the best/most promising players are.

I never really tried because a) I'm always tempted by good occasions too and b) I have a bad feeling about it as a strict no foreigner policy (as opposed to only few) sounds more like racism in a club identity disguise to me. Which, let's face it, is what we see in Pays Basque.

However, I too believe in fostering a fairly local backbone, so I keep trying to maintain at least around 10 first team members of the respective country I manage in.

For Atletico you might say so. But if we try to say, do it in England, I can't call it racism. Nowadays the English team is built upon few races. English, Irish, African descendent, mix of races.

For Atletico you might say so. But if we try to say, do it in England, I can't call it racism. Nowadays the English team is built upon few races. English, Irish, African descendent, mix of races.

I really don't want to open a can of worms here. Also I don't intend to argue about semantics. Nationalism can border racism and correlates in many ways.

I just wanted to say that while I fully agree that having a fair bunch of national players will help the club identification, I have ill feelings about a 100% level of nationals as a rule or aim. It doesn't feel right or necessary to me to achieve the goal it is said to pursue.

But maybe I just make this up as it gives me an excuse for not daring to impose this extra challenge on myself :p

I like to do slightly more open ones sometimes, like I'll manage in Serbia and only sign Yugoslavs or at the moment in Portugal and only sign players from former Portuguese colonies (still haven't found anyone worth buying from East Timor and I've been looking)

Racism?

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=4&b=2&c=11&d=0&jokalaria=946&idi=2

Archived