Des Tiny AS Casale 10/11 Serie C2/A

aaberdeenn Como 08/09 Serie C2/A

Gilbster Brindisi 08/09 Serie C2/C

Mark Snellink Nocerina 08/09 Serie C2/C

iacovone Albalonga 08/09 Serie C2/B

JoseRR Alfaro 08/09 Second Div B2

Freek Teek Munster 09/10 Regional Div West

Ashton Trier 09/10 Regional Div West</pre>

Just thought I should repost this as we made it to page 5, and thats a page in a day and a half, its getting really quick now icon_smile.gif

And the 2010 World cup winner is Brazil beating Argentina 1-0 in the final, Argentina played from the 10th minute with only 10 men as Gonzalo Rodriguez was sent from the field. It took the Brazilians til the 82nd minute for Adriano to break the deadline, and now he has received a contract offer from Casale... Hey no harm in asking right?

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

After finally finishing holidaying I got a club and that club is..... Alessandria Who as you can see have a club full of players which means I may be able to finish 15th Like they want me to.

Before I forget here is my profile.

I have never liked taking teams with full squads then I have to dump the rubbish at least with an empty squad I only have to worry about my own garbage icon_smile.gif And I hate your club :p My Fierce Rivals, one of 6 clubs founded in the Alessandria province in the period 1905-1915, and I am pretty sure that is who all our rivals are haha. But good luck icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

After finally finishing holidaying I got a club and that club is..... Alessandria Who as you can see have a club full of players which means I may be able to finish 15th Like they want me to.

Before I forget here is my profile.

I have never liked taking teams with full squads then I have to dump the rubbish at least with an empty squad I only have to worry about my own garbage icon_smile.gif And I hate your club :p My Fierce Rivals, one of 6 clubs founded in the Alessandria province in the period 1905-1915, and I am pretty sure that is who all our rivals are haha. But good luck icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teams with full squads are the only kind I can take, trust me.

What I found strange is that Enzo Ferrari, the legend himself, is in the clubs favoured personnel

Ok that is strange haha, and why can you only take a team full of players?

Someone remind me later on to post the picture I have of my friendly with two players rated 10 in it, damn some great stats there, not sure if I should praise the players or my masterful change of tactics before hand haha

Originally posted by Des Tiny:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

What I found strange is that Enzo Ferrari, the legend himself, is in the clubs favoured personnel

Ok that is strange haha, and why can you only take a team full of players?

Someone remind me later on to post the picture I have of my friendly with two players rated 10 in it, damn some great stats there, not sure if I should praise the players or my masterful change of tactics before hand haha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also pick crap people, so I'm best taking a team that has players as chances are some might be good.

Participants

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Player Team Season League Achievements

</pre><hr class="ev_code_hr" /><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Rlipscombe Como 11/12 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 Promoted Via Playoffs

10/11 Relegated

Des Tiny AS Casale 10/11 Serie C2/A

Frazza Pee Alessandria 08/09 Serie C2/A

dave safc Nocerina 08/09 Serie C2/B

Originally posted by iacovone:

This should be changed to JoseRR's Small Italian Club to Big Club Challenge at the rate we're going icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking that. We have 8 in Italy and only 3 others, but it is because of problems in the other leagues. Holland's no promotion, Germany's restructuring, Portugal's squad number and fixture problems, France's you can't play CFA problem and no idea what was wrong with Spain haha.

I guess third time worked a chime. I looked through the holiday game I have saved on the 29th June before I took over and I've managed to track down the 9th newly promoted team I couldn't find before. There are 4 new teams in C2/C and 2 new teams in C2/A. I don't know how I missed before but at least I found them now.

And I find it slightly odd that Frazza has a full team of players. All nine teams in my game have no players other than a few youths.

You didn't load all Italian players did you? Could explain it.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I guess third time worked a chime. I looked through the holiday game I have saved on the 29th June before I took over and I've managed to track down the 9th newly promoted team I couldn't find before. There are 4 new teams in C2/C and 2 new teams in C2/A. I don't know how I missed before but at least I found them now.

And I find it slightly odd that Frazza has a full team of players. All nine teams in my game have no players other than a few youths.

I never loaded any leagues. I don't know how they had players. Could it be because I'm using a huge database could it?

Well I just looked through the three saves with Alessandria in them I have and they do seem to start with 15-17 players, 12 16year olds and a few older players as welll...so yes unusually they actully have players...though using that team would be a poor choice...If he has more than the players I can see I guess he loaded all italian players...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

I never loaded any leagues. I don't know how they had players. Could it be because I'm using a huge database could it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Rules – Playing

Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you selected only (only one nation is allowed).

A large database should be ticked (although you are free to choose a medium or small database option if you wish). Any official SI patch may be used, but no other edited databases can be used for this challenge.

A huge database is basically an edit to load players from nations. Sorry, but you may just need to restart, I will leave the option to Jose RR, but I don't think a huge DB is exactly fair...

I have no hope of completing the challenge anyway so why would it matter what size of DB I pick?

Because that is the idea of a challenge...There are rules to follow, if you don't wish to follow them then you aren't exactly doing the challenge...right?

I'm with Des here. Frazza you might think we're being pedantic but there's no point taking part and telling us how you're doing because to us it'll be irrelevent. Large db is just fine, no need for huge. It only spoils it for the rest of us!icon_frown.gif

Des Tiny's Casale Preseason 2010/11 Update

Heading into the preseason I had just signed a new contract through until 2012, so I had at least two more years, I had promised promotion in 2010/11 to Serie C2. So I went about searching for free transfers, I fired my current Ass Man and his buddy a scout and brought in a new pairing with better football knowledge to help my search. I ended up bringing in enough transfers to fill my squad and have a proper U20's squad this season and I am still under my wage budget by nearly 1k and I have also gained a small transfer budget by Selling my Goalie. He had become our second best goalie over summer, but my third was nearly as good as him and 180k was too hard to turn down. As we got closer to the season I noticed that Papa was seeming to be having issues, he told me it was a personal problem so I suggested he have a month off, he took me up on it and returned sooner than expected and told me thank you for letting me fix my homesickness. Both the media and the bookies Were predicting us to have a good season, both expecting somewhere in the top 6 or 7. Though most likely promotion was out of the question, it was our chance to prove them wrong and hopefully attract more fans in the process. So onwards and into some games, lets get into Serie C1.

Friendlies

<hr class="ev_code_hr" /><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

FRN vs Wehen 1-4 HT: 0-0 Att: 520

Fattori (pen53)

FRN at Cesenatico 2-4 HT: 1-2

Zagaria (17), Sassi (77)

FRN at Albi 3-1 HT: 2-1 MoM: Leone

Zagaria (19), Leone (42), Conti (74)

FRN at Gualdo 7-0 HT: 3-0 MoM: Zagaria

Zagaria (17,43,45). Cavagna (47,71), Diagne (50), Rota (57)

FRN vs Isola Liri 1-1 HT: 0-1 Att: 511

Tarascio (81)

FRN at Cuoiocappiano 1-1 HT: 0-1 MoM: Cavagna

Cavagna (49)

FRN vs Alto Adige 3-2 HT: 1-2 Att: 510

Diagne (20), Rota (79) Cavagna (87)

FRN vs Alessandria 2-2 HT: 2-2 Att: 553

Zagaria (9) Cavagna (65)

</pre><hr class="ev_code_hr" />

A very good series of games, a poor start was fixed with a small tweak to the tactics, and a couple of minor player changes. I am looking forward to this season. Now if anyone wants a particular shot just ask I am going to upload my Core 18 or so players tonight icon_smile.gif

Nice friendly results there Des. Can't believe you got so much money for your keeper icon_eek.gif I just had a look for him on my game and he's on a free transfer - gonna get him in on trial and see if he's good enough icon14.gif

You've made a lot of transfers this season, I'd be v.interested in seeing your core 18 if it isn't too much trouble to upload them. Or at least a select few key players!

It's taking me forever to piece together a team in time for the season. There's so many players out there so I'm taking my time as I'd really like to pick out the best ones possible to give me a good chance of getting promoted in the first season.

I'll report back at the end of the Serie C Cup Group Stage.

That's definitely the way to do it aaberdeenn. The best way to get out of the bottom of the pyramid is to really thoroughly search all available options. It does get tiresome at times but I think its well worth it icon_smile.gif

Ok I am going to do this Nicely, These are my players and their Main position, first in each grouping is the starter, Below them will be the reserve and so on.

Goalkeepers

Guerini - Was my Back up last year, this year he is back with a vengence, over summer he decreased less than my other keeper, making him the best in the preseason.

Calzavara - Well the luck of this guy was in the size of the offer, he would've spent the season in the under 20s or out on loan instead he becomes my number one back-up and is there in case of an injury.

Right Backs

Gomes Redondo - A star youngster who was brought in as a back up and also surpassed the former player in his position, a definite star to watch.

Delle Donne - New to the club this season, is a back up for the right and central defenders, will hopefully not have too much work this season.

Left Backs

Cunha - The first of the new boys to step into a starters position, he can fly down that left hand touchline.

Fusaro - Cover for the entire left hand side of the pitch, Fusaro's versatilaty keeps him in the side.

Centre Backs

Rota - Came into the squad when I first took over and is now the senior defender in the squad and the vice-captain will be working hard to keep the number of goals allowed down. Also has a nasty head, scoring regularly from corners.

Leone - One of a collection of new faces in the team for this year, Leone is also deadly from corners, but he also has a nasty mouth, yellow cards for lip. But a star in the making.

Iodice - A solid back up nothing more.

Defensive Midfielders

Diagne - A former star of Domegliara in a previous life, Diagne has joined the squad this season and pushed the teams captain onto the bench immediately. An excellent player on attack or defense.

Fattori - The Club's captain, now a back up to Diagne after two great seasons with the club, will fight hard to get his place back, discussions have been had over a tactical change to include both of them.

Midfielders

Grosso - MR - Grosso was a bargin free transfer when you look at his stats, this was one that I trawled for, near the end of the preseason I still had no starting right wing, and I found him.

Girasole - ML - Made this position his own last season and now continues to impress.

Cavagna - AMRLC - The fantastic playmaker and goalscorer, he is the man around who my entire squad play, an excellent worker and just a brillaint man.

Papa - AMC - Papa may have had personal reasons to take a months leave, but no one stood up while he was away enough to usurp him from a starters spot, having made 50 League appearences I am sure he will be here for a while yet.

Pittaluga - MRC - Versatile midfield coverage, played well while Papa was away, but pretty much only a back-up.

Tarascio - AMC - In a similar mould to Pittaluga, he gets the job done with little fuss.

Strikers

Tavares - The only Loan in the entire squad, a top quality striker was desperately needed for this club, they were able to save goals, but quite often they just couldn't score enough to win.

Zagaria - A solid back-up and a goal-scorer in his own right. A solid pair of strikers.

So there you go a run down of my entire 1st team squad icon_smile.gif Hope you all enjoy it icon_smile.gif

Des Tiny's Casale - 2010/11 Serie C Cup Group Stage Update

SCC vs Carpenedolo 0-0 HT: 0-0 Att: 927

SCC at Chioggia 3-2 HT: 1-2 MoM: Tavares

Tavares (39,62,90)

C2A vs Valenzana 2-1 HT: 0-0 Att: 1942 MoM: Cavagna

Cavagna (56), Pittaluga (84)

SCC vs Pro Vercelli 4-1 HT: 4-1 Att: 922 MoM: Tavares

Tavares (6,13,38), Leone (45)

C2A at Salo 2-1 HT: 2-1 MoM: Cavagna

Cavagna (62,70) Papa 50th League App

C2A vs Bassano Virtus 4-3 HT: 2-2 Att: 2111 MoM: Cavagna

Papa (20), Cavagna (23,67,73) Iodice League Debut

SCC vs Pergocrema 1-3 HT: 1-2

Tavares (6)

</pre>

And Casale is knocked out of the Serie C Cup on Goal difference. Not the happiest result but it means I can concentrate on the league where i currently sit first on 9pts, and next team on 7.

Good luck on everyone out there playing at the moment icon_smile.gif

Ok spitting tacks...Not going to say much...ok i will

7th

Season 1 I can't score, don't let many in. So season two i buy good strikers. Score lots, let more in. Season 3, I upgrade my defense again keep my strikers, now they can't hit a barn door...so my positions in three seasons...11th, 4th, 7th.

Right now I am super frustrated, and just fed up with Casle...so going to leave it for a bit, going to find another team I might like...back soon. This is just super frustration, I know my team is better than this...May need a serious tactics makeover maybe start fro,m scratch...

Participants

Player Team Season League Achievements

</pre><hr class="ev_code_hr" /><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Rlipscombe Como 11/12 Serie C1 08/09 Promoted Via Playoffs

09/10 Promoted Via Playoffs

10/11 Relegated

Des Tiny AS Casale 11/12 Serie C2/A 11th, 4th, 7th - Postponed

Frazza Pee Alessandria 08/09 Serie C2/A

dave safc Nocerina 08/09 Serie C2/B

Des Tiny Maceratese 08/09 Serie C2/B

i'm away for a day and it all kicks off!! Des, i feel your frustration. will you be staying in the challenge? would be a loss if you leave... and the ground looks good!

aaberdeenn - now i'm really under pressure!! icon_biggrin.gif can't have someone else doing better than me with them!!

good luck dave safc & frazza pee icon14.gif

thanks for your critique iacovone - time will tell if you're right!

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

i'm away for a day and it all kicks off!! Des, i feel your frustration. will you be staying in the challenge? would be a loss if you leave... and the ground looks good!

Yes I am still in the challenge, for now i have pulled up Maceratese in Italy, lookeed like a good choice hadn't seen them come up before, just signing players now, but thinking I should go to bed I do have work in the morning lol.

But i will stay until I beat this challenge or 09 comes out...

Wow great work Des.

My thoughts for what they're worth icon_wink.gif:

Guerini - he is far too good for C2!! Wish I had him!

Calzavara - very good back up icon14.gif

Gomez Redondo - Outrageous pace, bet he never gets beaten down the right!

Delle Donne - Hmmm.

Cunha - Very useful I'd imagine. Good all round left back.

Fusaro - Another great left sided player. It must be a tough call who starts - great all round ability.

Rota - Very good CB, I could do with him at Albalonga!

Leone - Looks useful

Iodice - Not bad back up

Diagne - Physically incredible, he should dominate at this level

Fattori - Very talented, I'd look to get both in the first XI

Grosso - How on earth did you get him!? I'd be happy with him in Serie A!

Girasole - Looks talented, can see why he's the ML

Cavagna - Screenshot didnt work but I remember him from earlier, excellent player

Papa - Looks indispensible, you probably did the right thing giving him time to recuperte!

Pittaluga - Good back up player imo

Tarascio - Looks very useful too

Tavares - Far too good for C2! Must get loads of goals?

Zagaria - Not bad back up, maybe you could add another striker?

Overall you've got a very good squad there Des. I can see you getting promoted this season icon_smile.gif

I'm going to do a similar squad analysis later tonight as I get past the half way point of the season icon14.gif

Dammit, didnt read down. Saw you've moved on now icon_frown.gif

Shame I think you should stick it out at Casale. You've got a good squad there, I'd say you just need to improve 1 CB and go for a more attacking tactic and you should get promoted! Do it!

Frazza - make sure you're trialling those foreign players otherwise they're not eligible to be signed!

Gilbster - Brindisi - 2008/9 - Series C2/C

From what I have seen of Brindisi this season they seem to have more of a reputation than other clubs of the same level. We have a 7152 capacity stadium, and are able to scout the whole region.

I started by grabbing a few members of staff and then started scouting the varying regions, but since the scouts were never going to be finished before the transfer window closed, I raided the free transfers and my parent club of Roma to get myself a decent sized squad.

Pre-season didnt go too bad, but I scarcely won a match, and then I came 3rd in the group stage of the Serie C cup.

The actual league season though didnt go too badly, and I have managed to survive.

I have a few players already signed coming in on Bosmans for next season, and hope to make some more improvements to the squad.

Transfers

Table

Squad

Frazza - make sure you're trialling those foreign players otherwise they're not eligible to be signed!

Oh crap. it's just one player, please let me away with it, or will I need to start again? How about if I don't play him until next season?

ashton321 - good season there. with a few more signings etc i am sure you'll be able to close the gap to the top group. good luck??

Gilbster - good, solid first season. i'm sure you'll be able to make further progress - the play-offs aren't too far away.

as for MY Como... icon_wink.gif getting into my pre-season fixtures now. asked the board for more cash and transfer budget is now £1.6 million. doubt i'll use it all as i'm gonna need to adjust the wage budget a bit as that's getting tight. i'm looking forward to my season, although with the Euro Final tonight there might not be too much more game time today.......

Oh crap. it's just one player, please let me away with it, or will I need to start again? How about if I don't play him until next season?

icon_rolleyes.gif

You've got to read the rules mate otherwise this will keep happening! I'm not going to be the police here though, lets see what others say - namely Des and rlipscombe seeing as they're a bigger part of this thread than me.

I've never took over a squad with no players before, I'm enjoying the challenge. I'm painstakingly going through the released players from bigger clubs in the hope of finding a gem. Getting a decent side together, hoping they can gel together quickly! icon_biggrin.gif

Albalonga Mid Season Update 08-09

Well its gone suprisingly well so far. Despite a poor performance in the Serie C Cup (we came 4th in our group, although I used it more as an extended pre season) we've maintained a strong showing in the league. I'm as suprised as you probably are because the squad really isn't any good - far from the talent available to you Des! If we could just sort out our home form (its midtable form at the moment) to match our stunning away form (best in the league icon_eek.gif) we'd be in with a serious chance of promotion.

Its going to take a lot of determination to maintain this position in the second half of the season as I'm sure the opposition will have realised we're no mugs icon_smile.gif

Two key players so far (both on loan from Lazio):

Mancini - he only scores great goals icon_cool.gif

Tuia - Often has to do the job of two men as his partners have been so poor but has done this well icon14.gif

Archived