JoseRR's FM08 Small Club to Big Club From a Big European Nation Challenge

Originally posted by iacovone:

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Computer crashed and I hadn't saved it in 3 months icon_frown.gif

Back to the end of season business again. That means I lose my academy stars icon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Tomorrow will have to be a big day on FM

Gutted!! fingers crossed for you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok we're back in business. Serie C Cup coming up and the squad pretty much resembles my original one so I'm happy icon_smile.gif

Got a one decent regen as opposed to 2 but I'm not complaining because he's quite good.

Ok we're back in business. Serie C Cup coming up and the squad pretty much resembles my original one so I'm happy icon_smile.gif

Got a one decent regen as opposed to 2 but I'm not complaining because he's quite good.

that's not too bad then - could've been a lot worse.

Indeed it could have. Unfortunately the first game of the league season was lost 2-1 at home icon_frown.gif We were 1 up with 10 mins to go before we just collapsed. Pathetic really icon_mad.gif

they're the worst games... i'd rather lose 5-0.....

on the Como front, i pick up the game tonight 5 games into league season. after 3 games we were bottom icon_eek.gif after 1 draw and 2 defeats. however, a change in formation back to my original has seen us win two on the bounce, and we're 7th now. hopefully i can keep this up.

in Serie C cup, somehow managed to win the group with a 2-2-0 record, so on we go.....

Gilbster - Brindisi - 2011/12 - Serie C2/B

As suggested by varying people on this thread the first thing I did this season was cut my wage bill. reduce my squad size and raid my parent clubs reserves and U20s. Due to trying to loan far too many of Roma's players, I still ended up with a large squad, but it wasnt costing me as much as previous seasons.

As I have hinted elsewhere the start of the season was reasonably good and we made it to the first knockout round of the Serie C Cup. I eventually lost 3-2 on aggregate to Pescara, but at least it was close.

The team then went from strength to strength and put in an amazing performance in the league this season. I reckon screenshots will sum this up the best.

Transfers

Table

Squad

Playoff Semi Final - Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final - Leg 2

Playoff Final Leg 1

Playoff Final Leg 2

Ultimately a bit disapppointing but it gives me a solid base to build on for the new season. I hope to get some of my loanees will be back next season, and hope to sign a few more key players, while removing useless players!

Well done.

I'd be worried about the amount of loan players though. Up until you reach Serie B you should be fine but I'd gradually try to add more and more of your own players to the squad and becoming less reliant on loans over the next season or two so when you Serie B you'll be in a good position to do well as you can't rely on loan players the same when you get into Serie A/B.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Well done.

I'd be worried about the amount of loan players though. Up until you reach Serie B you should be fine but I'd gradually try to add more and more of your own players to the squad and becoming less reliant on loans over the next season or two so when you Serie B you'll be in a good position to do well as you can't rely on loan players the same when you get into Serie A/B.

Must say though a fair amount of my real players were playing as the core of my team for that season, so there is some hope. I just seem to do stuff to excess whether it is signing players or loaning players!

Thats good to hear aaberdeenn.

Gilbster - congrats on a good season, nearly finished in glory but just build from there icon14.gif

My start to the season has been a little like yours rlipscombe. V. disappointing... We lost our first 3 games and after a fabulous start last year it was really disappointing icon13.gif

However as we speak we just won 2-0 away at Lanciano so at least the away form remains strong icon_smile.gif

Albalonga Mid Season Update 09/10

Its been a really strange first half to the season. We sit 11th which isn't great but given the start we had (shown in the results screenshot) I'm reasonably pleased. After the first few league games we were near the bottom and I genuinely thought we'd be in a relegation battle. However with a swift tactical change and some better fortune with injuries, we picked up our form and strung together some decent results. I think playoffs are a distant dream this year and mid-table security should be the target. This was also the promise to the board so hopefully we can achieve that.

Special mentions go to Nicola Zanotti and Riccardo Noviello who have been reasonably consistent for us so far. Zanotti has been the only real goalscorer up top for us whilst Noviello has made the right flank his own with the occasional dazzling display. I'm hoping we can climb a few more places with some better latter season form and match 7th place like last season. icon_smile.gif

Table

Squad

Results

just a quickie before i get into my 'proper' work.... after my poor start of 0-1-2, things have picked up following my change of tactics back to the original set-up. my league record now reads 6-1-2 icon_biggrin.gif. things are back on track... we've shot up to 2nd in the league. i'm making pretty slow progress in the game to date - hopefully i can crack on this weekend.

This has been the most frustrating season. Much like you Frazza there has been zero consistency. One win followed by a loss at home. Followed by a win away followed by a draw at home. I'm going for a complete rehaul of the tactics next season...this is not good enough!!

rlipscombe that is one hell of a turn around. I'm expecting promotion icon_wink.gif

This has been the most frustrating season. Much like you Frazza there has been zero consistency. One win followed by a loss at home. Followed by a win away followed by a draw at home. I'm going for a complete rehaul of the tactics next season...this is not good enough!!

rlipscombe that is one hell of a turn around. I'm expecting promotion icon_wink.gif

tell me about it!! i know for a fact that now i have mentioned it, i'll go on a massive losing streak now. always the way icon_rolleyes.gif in all honesty, i expect promotion this season and will be disappointed if i don't get it. i feel i have the best squad i've had to date and am determined not to blow it.

dave safc - Nocerina - 2009/2010 - End of season

Media Prediction - 13th

Final Position - 2nd (lost in play-off final)

Final Table - Table

Transfers - Transfers

Serie C Cup - 2nd Round

Hmmm...

A very good first season at this level, in fact our points haul would have been enough to win the league the previous three seasons, but alas, it was not to be this year.

On the last day of the season we were in pole position, a win would have won us the league at the first attempt. However we threw away a two goal lead to Taranto (who would then go on to beat us in the play-off final icon_mad.gif ).

I've strengthened the team immensely for the new season, so I'm feeling very confident icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

unklucky dave... so close but yet so far. very good first season though. am intrigued to see who you've brought in for the new season..... my first 'real' rival in the challenge!! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif ha ha

Oi!! Just because my team are crap doesn't mean I won't be a real rival icon_frown.gif

i knew that would draw a response.... icon_wink.gif

good move scouting central europe - there are some real gems out there. i've already signed up a nuber and have frenchmen, belgians, portugese, austrians, spanish, a dutchman, ghanaian andone from DR Congo!! icon_eek.gif plenty of Italians too mind.....

Looks like scouting Central Europe is the path out of Serie C2 then! That's my next move this summer sorted icon_smile.gif

Just finished my 2nd season...report to come soon.

trust me there are quite a few great prospects out there - you can pick up youth internationals for free in many cases. it's this way that i have found most of my players. my tip though would be to have 2 scouts scouting a coutnry at a time, rather than one doing the whole region. you'll get it done quicker...

Albalonga End of Season Update - 09/10

Hmmm. Definitely not a good season. Despite my pleasure at a quality pre-season we really underperformed from the get-go to be honest. There was no consistency in our results and more disappointingly the performances were poor too.

So what can be done? I've realised that my task at Albalonga is going to be one of slow and steady progress. We won't be able to rise through the ranks quite as quickly as the bigger clubs like Como (icon_mad.gif) but that just adds to the challenge. The main concern at the moment is the financial situation. I need to trim the squad again and really rely on my parent club for a couple of positions.

There were some plus points. Nicola Zanotti top scored for us in his first full season. I have high hopes for him and am convinced he can continue like this. Giorgio Noviello was my player of the season as well as the supporters' and this was justified after a season of good if unspectacular performances.

We finished 10th and 6 points back on last years total which is not a disaster on the face of it but given my expectations remains a disappointment icon_frown.gif

Next season I'm going for a change in tactics, possibly to 4-1-3-2 as well as shortening our pitch in an attempt to improve home form!

Season XI

Overall Best XI

League Team of the Season - Alessandro Tuia the notable inclusion icon14.gif

Bring on the new season icon_cool.gif

Went with a flat 4-4-2 in the end. One CM was running back as a DM. The two wingers were going forward 1 movement. It did well at times but think its a bit too mundane for me! Need to find an extravagant but effective way of playing next season.

The season is progressing slowly. Im awaiting my first competetive win.

Its so frustrting as all the tactics i try are so inconsistent.

I think im going to go for a 4-1-3-2 Like this.

st st

ml mc mr

dm

lb cb cb rb

I have some good players. such as cristea on loan from cesena and di genaro on loan from milan.

Im shore how ill set up my 4-1-3-2. defensive counter or attacking possesion, im hoping you lot will be able to give me some suggestions o

of how to fix this terrible inconsistency.

howver i may change my mind and go for a 5-3-2 like this.

<----st st---->

amc

mc mc

Wbl wbr

dc dc

s w

But that would be a conuter attacking fromation to fully utilize the wing backs.

Any suggestions would be grately appreicated.

Max.

And good luck to anyone whoes doing this challenge it s cool and will be my first challenge i play for fm09

if you have di gennaro on loan from Milan you have to play him as a striker!! he can score goals for fun...

as for formation, 4-1-3-2 is ok. if you have a good AMC, try a 4-3-1-2. that's the formation i'm playing...

I might tweak it slightly to a 4-3-1-2 i give the current one a few games first. Di genaro is a beast, i was 2-0 down and he scored twice

in 3 minutes to make it 2-2 it looked as if we would get our first league point but we were fooking robbed as they scored in the 6th minute

of the scheduled 3 minutes of injury time.

so our record so far is 0-0-3 3 scored 7 conceeded and a gd of -4 absolutely disgraceful.

max

wish me luck.

I've just come up with a fantastically random formation in an attempt to emulate the Russians from Euro 2008. It looks a little like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

ST ST

AM AM

MC

DM

LB CB CB RB

GK

</pre>

Basically the full backs are running up to the AM's level. The DM is back to a 3rd CB. The wide AM is forward to the RW position. (This may not come out too well so I might do a screenshot instead!)

Albalonga Pre-Season Update 10/11

Once again hopes and expectations are high going into this season. For the first time I have a strange formation that I feel will baffle the opposition into submission icon_biggrin.gif!

Not only that but I've secured the signings of some vital players. The key this summer was to strengthen the spine of the side and by bringing in a new GK, DC, DM and MC I've achieved this. They are also quite handy which is always a bonus icon_smile.gif

We're predicted to come 13th - same as last season - but I genuinely (icon_rolleyes.gif) believe we have a chance of promotion this season. It is all down to the potency of my forwards - I have too many at the moment and they all seem too much of a muchness - but hopefully they'll be better than I expect.

So to the new season...

Oh and we sold 52 season tickets this year! Better than the 50 from last season - what did I say? It's all about small, gradual growth icon_razz.gif

Gilbster - Brindisi - 2012/13 Series C2/B

After the slight disappointment of the playoff final last season, I decided to sort out the weaker parts of the team and bring in a couple more players.

I also cut down on the amount of Roma players that I took on loan, so my entire squad was a lot smaller.

As it came to December, my star striker and my star right midfielder decided they wouldnt renew their contracts so I sold them, before they could leave for free. At least I made some money from them. It did leave me worried that my team would fall apart but luckily that didnt happen.

Squad

Transfers

Table

Playoff Semi Final

Leg 1 - Nocerina 2-1 Brindisi

Leg 2 - Brindisi 4-0 Nocerina

Brilliant Brindisi made it to the final again but could they go one better, and get promoted.

Playoff Final

Leg 1 - Brindisi 1-1 Pistoiese

Leg 2 - Pistoise 1-2 Brindisi (aet)

Yesss! Brindisi have been promoted to Serie C1, which is going to require a reasonable amount of player changes to be good enough for survival.

Aims:

Survive

Survive

Not be relegated!

oh, and Strengthen the squad

Archived