British Media Sources & Journalists OFFICIAL THREAD

jWaSiMhE

British Media Sources & Journalists (By daniellewis_789)

Ever find press conferences boring? Spice things up with this file, it adds hundreds of real British Media & journalists to the game from The Sun to your local newspaper! I am pleased to finally announce the new British Media & Journalist EDT files for Football Manager!!! Included in this file are hundreds of club websites, national newspapers, magazines, local newspapers, radio stations, tv shows, websites, fanzines etc. Also over a thousand real journalists!!!

I originally combined the old english media v.4 (By "SuperBladesman" & "Nick OGS20") & Scottish Media File (By "ATW")

OLD LINKS DELETED!

If anyone has any suggestions/information/corrections to add to the update please PM me or post here and i will add them in. Details needed will be...

1. Name of media
  2. Period of media (weekly, monthly, every day (morning/evening etc.)
  3. Type of media (newspaper, magazine, fanzine, website, tv etc.)
  4. Area of coverage (city, competition, county, country etc.)
  5. any journalists that work for them (D.O.B, & supported club if at all possible)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a BETA would be no use to as im yet to add all the scottish media into the file,im editing them separately now... it would cause crashes wil release asap got other stuff to do as well :)

looking forward to this mate, when do you think you will be able to release it in full?

i wil be definitely releasing a BETA tonight, spend so much work on this glad to finally release it

further versions will follow

I will also post a checklist of things to im planning to add; people can also request and/or post info to add to further updates :thup:

you may get foreigh journalists at some press conferences for media sources without journalists this is a bug which didn't appear in any previous FM

its because alot media have no nation set.. i will be changing this soon

it is a file containing non league teams which can cause the database setup to crash if the teams are not loaded up in the database... this was a old bug and that file is just in as a precaution

although i think SI fixed this bug (at least in my tests anyway)

load it... it shouldn't hurt

goodnite

will be back online tommorrow :)

Is this based on my file from last year? If so, a credit would be nice. If not, well done fella :D

yes it is.. i have credited you & nickOGS20 in the file already

will put it at of top of the thread also; i meant to credit you there just didn't have enough time last night... :D

hope you enjoy the file... sorry for my mistake

regards :)

If anyone has any suggestions/information to add to the update (newspapers, journalists etc.) please PM me or post here and i will add them in

Regards

Can I assume it will be backwardfs compatible - I mean work with patch 10.1?

yes it is backward compatible for FM 10

for older FM's it can be used although i can release a modified version which will work better (if there is demand)

regards

yes it is.. i have credited you & nickOGS20 in the file already

will put it at of top of the thread also; i meant to credit you there just didn't have enough time last night... :D

hope you enjoy the file... sorry for my mistake

regards :)

Cheers, and thanks ever so much for sorting this out! Hopefully your file can add a bit more personality to people's games just as mine did last year :)

When is your official release date for non beta version?

hopefully asap... whenever i get a chance to finish it off ill definitely be released in the next few days if you can be patient :)

regards

I will wait then. Thanks.

Thanks... All the changes i have made so far that wil be in the full Version 5 i am listing in the opening post, the list is growing very quickly :D

Just another request for any extra information for newspapers, journalists... so i can add it all in BEFORE I RELEASE THE FULL VERSION!!!

Thanx for any help :)

I dont know if this one has been added, I mentioned it to SB in his thread. Very good for non-league on the outskirts of London.

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague

The paper copy comes out every week, normally on a Wednesday or Thursday depending on where you live.

I already have this one but thanks for the suggestion. I may implement the newspaper versions in the future as i belive they are named after each local area (eg. Wimbeldon (Local) Guardian etc. Its a bit tricky as all teams are set to London

POSTS FROM OTHER THREAD

East London Advertiser

Newspaper/Website

Every Thursday Morning (newspaper), website consistently updated.

Unknown

East London, covers Tottenham, West Ham, and Leyton Orient.

Thanks alot will add now

***EDIT*** Have now also found a journalist for this newspaper

It would be great if you could include this:-

Evening Courier

Newspaper

Daily

Dave Fletcher

Calderdale(FC Halifax Town & Brighouse Town)

I have the Evening Courier already but thanks for the journalist name :) have added

it appears that Brighouse Town or calderdale are not in the SI database

are you using SB's update because i could give you the command line you could manually add-on if you give me the ID of the city that Brighouse Twn stadium is set in the database (if its set in Halifax you dont need to worry the paper will stil come to Brighouse games

I ECHO THIS CALL OUT TO ANYONE WANTING MEDIA FOR SB's update

if you want media for created cities pm me and il help you manually add the line(s) you need

Archived