Stupidest thing you've done in FM ?

The highlights of the qualifying season was I scored 2 goals against top team Switzerland (I lost 3-2) and scored 1 goal against Holland (I lost 5-1). I drew 2 matches, lost the rest, -20 goal difference. Hoping a better European national team opens up... anyone... almost anyone!

There's a certain caliber of team below which there really isn't any fun to be had. Enjoyed a stint at Finland & at Albania before, in previous saves. Malta is a thumbs down, though. I would imagine places like Liecthenstien, Andorra, etc might be much the same.

Drunk me thought it would be a good idea to sell every player in my Celtic save in the January transfer window on FM08, leaving me with only youth players and a random regen I signed for £30 million(while drunk) for the rest of the season.

Mine normally come on the final day of the transfer window when I 'panic buy' and end up with a couple of over-rated players that have cost me millions, are on huge wages and not even getting a place on the bench!

"Stupidest thing you've done in FM?"

The stupidest thing I did in FM2010 was to ignore the advice of others (and my own experience), by attempting to play the game before the 3rd patch is out. A schoolboy's error, as they'd say in the trade...

Once I went Rangers.
Clever boy. I once managed Celtic, and am still having regular therapy sessions to help with the trauma caused by doing so :(

I also once forgot to drop Emile Heskey from the England squad and replace him with a better player...like Adam le Fondre, a plank of wood, or even Peter Crouch.

But seriously? Umm, I once paid £5m for a striker who had really good stats and I figured he'd bag me lots of goals. I hadn't paid attention to my scout who mentioned he was very injury-prone. He played just seven games for me in two seasons, and didn't score in any of them.

Newcastle season 2 in the prem, signing Adriano for 20m, him becoming unsettled, playing utter rubbish and ending up with me mutually terminating his contract for 3m.... then realizing the deal I had done was over 48 months so I am still paying for it.

Newcastle season 2 in the prem, signing Adriano for 20m, him becoming unsettled, playing utter rubbish and ending up with me mutually terminating his contract for 3m.... then realizing the deal I had done was over 48 months so I am still paying for it.

Always remember that I've done this with Rooney when he was 29 and I payed 92mil for him. And you will feel much much better :D

Stupidest thing I've ever done was accidentally play my back up right back in goal for two games and failing to notice :o

Ha, I did that to a larger extent, ended up missing out the keeper(just right-clicking to set positions) so had most players in the wrong position. left-back at right-back, CB at LB and so on... only played 1 friendly before noticing though.

Tends to involve coming back from the pub a little worse for ware. Losing a game I shold win and in a drunken tantrum transfer listing all key players who didn't preform in that match and replacing them with players who look great through beer goggles

Usually after a night out, especially if the transfer window is open, buying average players for lots of money (soldado £36m), then trying out stupid tactics with the new crap players, and getting knocked out of tournaments with them at the same time.

Archived