Regen Defender - will he improve?

what a player..shame about his jumping...yeh he'll be beasty in the middle of the pitch as a anchor man.

oh and tbh i think he will improve alot, with some technical and tactical training im sure his long shots and creativity will improve by a few if you get the schedule right, then he'l be a menace as he already has excellent passing...hes a all round star!!

For DC's jumping is weighted 4 points, whereas acceleration and pace are also weighted 4 points, and agility is weighted 3 points, AFAIK. So, adding 2 points in jumping and subtracting 1 from acceleration and 1 from agility, won't change the CA.

Ok cheers mate. It was only quite recently when I found a post on these forums that gave a break down of the points allocated to each attribute and it was very interesting. :)

Guys, SI explained it so many times before. Height is included in jumping attribute. In other words, jumping attribute in FM = (players height + jumping) in real life.

So, Peter Crouch's jumping is 18, if a player who is only 6'0" has also 18 for jumping, this means that although Crouch is 7 inches taller than him, when they both jump, their heads reach the same height, which means the shorter player can jump 7 inches higher than Crouch, but since Crouch is 7 inches taller, their heads' maximum reach is the same. I hope this is clear enough.

ah thanks for explaining that, i never knew that was the case and thought that height was disregarded in the match engine.

Archived