Long Range Shooting

Cheers baker.simon as you mentioned long shots work in "our" favour aswell.

As humans we should be able to work a way around this "bug" and use it against the AI. People worked it out last year and im sure someone will work out a "super" tactic which prevents them whilst your team scores at least one a game.

And as I stated it doesn't happen so much in lower leagues in the game so if you really hate concceding long shots then play in there.

and if you read mine further up 80% of the goals i see on the game (ai and mine) are long shots, now this is a tad boring eh?

I have very rarely seen goals scored from long shots against me. and even if it happens it is usually from the edge of the box in middle by the player that realy can score from there(ex Gerard), which is fairly realistic imho.Out 20 goals that i conceded in 27 EPL matches this season 2 were from long range (1 from 25 meters and 1 from 30). Same was last season, and my defense is not full of superstars or such.

My players go out in 25-30 meter area and close the lanes for long shots (they are are not closing down player mind you!). Best way to prevent it appears to be to tight mark MC's for now.Same thing for my side, if anything i have very low amount of goals and long shots in total.

I can definitely say that it's all tactic dependent when it comes to the long shots, and after SI fixes closing down and scoring percentage from long shots i probably want even see this much.

letting the ME dictate to whom i manage...... great

No as I said

And as I stated it doesn't happen so much in lower leagues in the game so if you really hate concceding long shots then play in there.

"You" as in its your decision not the ME. If it really bothers you that much then try playing in a different country in a lower league.

Or you could go into the editor and change all the players in the game to have a 1 on their long shot stat and then you can remain in your league and deal with the long shot "bug" at the same time.

"You" as in its your decision not the ME. If it really bothers you that much then try playing in a different country in a lower league.

Or you could go into the editor and change all the players in the game to have a 1 on their long shot stat and then you can remain in your league and deal with the long shot "bug" at the same time.

or i could do as im doing now and not playing at all until 10.2

It does ruin the game a bit to be honest. You make an effort to understand the tactical side of the game, spend time studying the ME and what's going on on the pitch, implementing your own ideas, only to nearly every other game be decided by some long shot screamer out of nowhere. I only play in lower leagues so if it's worse in the top ones I can only imagine how bad it is.

In my last game I was 2-1 up and totally controlling the game and ended up losing 2-3 by a freekick and a long shot both from 35 yards by a player with long shots 1 and freekicks 8. I know having low attributes doesn't mean it's impossible to happen but it's just an example. It's got nothing to do with tactics, long shots going in happens far too often in the game.

I actually think it's linked to the closing down and marking problems that have been documented as being in need of modifying. If nobody closes them down, any adult should be able to bang one in from 30-40 yards out occasionally, if they play football regularly and there is nobody closing them down.

Constant long shots. Most are off target though.

Once you solve the through ball problem just about every goal you concede is from a long shot. Seriously it makes the games boring to watch in 3D (after a while).

How about a bit of variety?

I'm not having this problem at all. I constantly have games where both teams muster a dozen or so long shots between them (my opponents invariably having more due to tactical stuff) without any of them going in.

Very occasionally you do still get the odd nonsense game with some guy who's not particularly good blasting in a hat-trick from a combined total of 100 yards or something, but it happens so rarely now (like one game every other season) as to hardly be an issue.

Same here. As I said - a boring 0-0 game - and I was praying for either side to score a screamer yet neither did. Saying that, I'm also struggling to find these over the top scoring strikers to sign, as my number 1 striker has 9 goals in 22 games and the other 5 in 20 games :(

try signing Oscar Cardoso or Javier Saviola from Benfica. i'm with benfica halfway through 2nd season and they're scoring 25/30 goals average :) . or Hulk from Porto(excelent player)

Is there a difference between how the 3D and the 2D (3D disabled in preferences) ME works? I watch the games in 2D and I'm quite satisfied with the amount of long range goals. 30+ yarders are very rare, 20 yarders (just outside the box) are not but that's realistic I think, they're not really long range shots.

Is there a difference between how the 3D and the 2D (3D disabled in preferences) ME works? I watch the games in 2D and I'm quite satisfied with the amount of long range goals. 30+ yarders are very rare, 20 yarders (just outside the box) are not but that's realistic I think, they're not really long range shots.

Nope. It's the same ME. :)

Archived