FM2008's Ultimate Goal Machine: Who's Your Choice?

Name: Adam Proudlock

Position: ST

Club: Stockport County

Nation: England

Value: £20k

Personal Comment: Playing brillant for my Stockport County side. One of the main reasons I'm sitting top of the league due to his 13 goals at the end of October.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By an incredible stroke of luck, I managed to get Iaquinta in the summer between my first and second seasons as Napoli (I had clinched UEFA Cup qualification while Juventus somehow managed to get relegated). He's an absolute monster - it's only February and he's scored over 40 goals.

Is owen that good..........

have Torres upfront on his own - immense but need quality cover to bring on after 65 / 70 min as tactic wears out the player by that time to need quality and impact etc. - yes no owen 1st season for Jan window - 11m and yes have tried to haggle the price - 11m up front no other option!

Originally posted by WI5ARD:

Is owen that good..........

have Torres upfront on his own - immense but need quality cover to bring on after 65 / 70 min as tactic wears out the player by that time to need quality and impact etc. - yes no owen 1st season for Jan window - 11m and yes have tried to haggle the price - 11m up front no other option!

Personally I wouldn't. IMHO you could get a younger, better player for that kind of money.

Name: Steven Naismith

Position: AMRL, FC

Club: Rangers

Nation: Scotland

Caps/Goal: 4/2

U21 Caps: N/A

Value: £2 Million

Personal Comment: So far, he's been a legend, 23 goals in 19 games. 19 goals in 11 SPL games including a hat-trick v Inverness and 5 v Dundee Utd

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Name: Emmanuel Adebayor

Club: Arsenal

Nation: Togo

Value: £20.5mil

Personal Comment: 41 goals in 47 games season 1, 33 in 36 this season (Jan). Last season partnered Aguero, this season Bendtner. Both scored alot of goals!

Adebayor is without doubt the best TM in the new patch

I am at Napoli who are pretty shocking!

Lavezzi is a quality striker, he was out for an entire season with a slipped disc, came back and banged in 15 league goals in 7 appearences.

Also bought Alex from Vasco (6.3M) - I have him as creative role, he managed to get 10 for me in his first season (age of 21).

Bought Milan Baros, he was a stinker and on a ridiculous £83k PW - but what do you do when you are trying to save a team from relegation.

Originally posted by mdtalbot:

By an incredible stroke of luck, I managed to get Iaquinta in the summer between my first and second seasons as Napoli (I had clinched UEFA Cup qualification while Juventus somehow managed to get relegated). He's an absolute monster - it's only February and he's scored over 40 goals.

I agree I bought him for my Newcastle Team, he was awesome, I would have won the league, if my defence wasnt so rubbish!

Originally posted by Rohan The Barbarian:

Name: Edison Cavani

Club: Palermo

Nation: Uruguay

Value: Around £10m IIRC

Personal Comment: World class striker, good pace and decent in the air, an ideal TM if you don't fancy shelling out for the likes of Adebayor.

My apologies, rushed the post icon_rolleyes.gif

Henok Goitom from Murcia or Rolando Bianchi from Man City. Both are really good and tall strikers who are capable of scoring 50+ goals/season(all games included). Usually avaivable for 10 million £ or less in the start of the second season.

Name: Fernando Torres

Club: Liverpool

Nation: Spain

Value: £25-£30m

Personal comment: Top scorer in prem second season with 35 goals overall scored 44 that season.Hardly ever misses a chance.

Value: £12.5mil

Personal Comment:

Season 1 - 41 in 47

Season 2 - 48 in 52

Season 3 - 54 in 43

Season 4 - 66 in 59

Season 5 - 44 in 49

Season 6 - 36 in 31 (injured for 4 months)

Season 7 - 9 in 14 (Injured for 2 and 1/2 months)

Overall - 298 in 295 (Clubs leading scorer!)

Just updated it... and he is definately the best striker on FM!

Oops, messed up the quote!

Value: £12.5mil

Personal Comment:

Season 1 - 41 in 47

Season 2 - 48 in 52

Season 3 - 54 in 43

Season 4 - 66 in 59

Season 5 - 44 in 49

Season 6 - 36 in 31 (injured for 4 months)

Season 7 - 9 in 14 (Injured for 2 and 1/2 months)

Overall - 298 in 295 (Clubs leading scorer!)

Just updated it... and he is definately the best striker on FM!

Name: Bojan

Club: Barcelona

Nation: Spain

Value: £5,500,000

Personal Comment: He scored 52 goals in 52 games in a season for Barcelona including 43 league goals in 36 league appearances.

Name: Liviu Ganea

Position: Striker

Club: Dinamo Bucharest

Nationality: Romanian

Value: ~£250k (bought him for £375k on 8.0.2 but free on 8.0.0!)

Personal Comment: THE ultimate lower league goal machine, banged in more than a goal a game for two seasons (and counting) for my Oxford team! Ganea > Aguero, Adebayor etc icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

As it stands right now this is the pecking order (based on number of actual votes -not posts asking about them- excluding my own):

1st - Sergio Aguero (6)

2nd - Fernando Torres (5)

Tied 3rd - Wayne Rooney and Bogdan Stancu (4 each)

Tied 4th - Emmanuel Adebayor and Billy Sharp (3 each)

Tied 5th - Asamoah Gyan, Carlos Tevez, Jimmy Briand, Obafemi Martins, Cristiano Ronaldo (2 each)

If I missed out on anyone who should rank higher I do apologize, be sure to bring it to my attention and I'll adjust the list accordingly. Thanks icon_cool.gif

I think Drogba deserves to be in the top 5, he's amazing on my save, sadly not playing for me.

IMO it's between Aguero and Adebayor, both are amazing goalscorers but Aguero is better IMO.

However, if your wanting a guy who isn't a totally obvious and common answer, then. . .

Name: Yakubu

Nation: Nigeria

Value: £11,750,000

Personal Comment: He was lethal on my Everton save. His combination of pace and strength make him a constant threat, not to mention the fact that his shots are so powerful.

Name:Sergio Aguero

Position:AMC/ST

Club:Atletico Madrid

Nation:Argentina

Value:bought for £33mil

Personal Comment:he is the only player on the game i feel confident will score in a 1 on 1 situation. signed in january 2009 for fiorentina and got 16 in 15 in the league to win me the title. followed it up with 36 in 44 and got world player of the year. i moved to real madrid and tried to take him with me the but the new fiorentina manager demanded £196mil for him! and if id had the money i would actually have bought him because hes amazing. and still only 24 in 2012.

I bought him for £33M in 2008 when he was 20, and pay him £100,000 per week. 1st season he scores 30 goals in 31 games even though he was out injured for ONE MONTH!

Ive just started 2009 and he's on 23 goals in 15 games!!!!

I smell a golden boot...

J

Originally posted by dgchapman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mdtalbot:

I agree I bought him for my Newcastle Team, he was awesome, I would have won the league, if my defence wasnt so rubbish! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree also. Outshone Trezeguet 2 seasons on the run. Only Huntelaar has been better than him so far with my Juve save. If you can and he's not too old yet, BUY HIM!

• 1 month later...

Im just about to start the 2nd season.luca toni would cost £15 million,benzema and pazzini are £25 million.Money is no problem as i have £80 million so could afford just about any striker,aguero chose inter over me and huntelar went to man utd so cant think of any one else really.

Name: James Vaughan

Club: Everton

Nation: English

Value: 7.5 mill + 50% for my celtic team

Personal Comment: An absolute beast up front for my celtic team. Scored 179 goals in 246 appearances. Legend icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by krislewis8:

Im just about to start the 2nd season.luca toni would cost £15 million,benzema and pazzini are £25 million.Money is no problem as i have £80 million so could afford just about any striker,aguero chose inter over me and huntelar went to man utd so cant think of any one else really.

Well personally I'd go for Benzema, he's already a good goalscorer who can become a great one, and he's got at least 10 good years in him, unlike Toni.

Pazzini seems good also but I can't speak from experience. As for other strikers has Edison Cavani moved yet? If not, scope him out.

• 1 month later...

Cheers

Name: Carlos Vela

Nation: Mexico

Value: ???

i signed him for my barça squad and he's the ultimate goal machine: 43 goals in his first season!!!Won the golden boot award with 32 goals...Amazing striker!!!!Wel worth the money...

• 4 weeks later...

Not an ultimate goal machine but absolutely blitzing the serbian domestic defences for Red Star

after 2 seasons Mikael forssell has played in just less than 90 games and scored close to 80 goals,

for a player of his caliber at 29 years old and valued at $3.3 millie thats good

And i got him on a free transfer

I will have to break format to list a top 5. :)

1. Huntelaar - Guarantees my side 40+ a season if played right. Can be moody though.

2. Gignac - If you play with wingers and on the counter he is great.

3. S.Sinclair - Never has great stats, but plays a storm and scores plenty.

4. Aguero - Has bad runs but will generally score for fun with good service.

5. Ballack - Not a striker. But great long shots, free-kicks, pens heads in from corners and free-kicks. Oh and he makes a good captain, tutor etc etc. Scores bucketloads.

Archived