[WIP] Aer 10

Drakestone

Which version would you like to see coded for release?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which version would you like to see coded for release?

drakestone: no worries about the left hand version, i got used to it anyhow

i have found one showstopper issue, i'm not sure if its skin related or something to do with high screen resolution, but every time tactics get "applied" all the widgets on the match screen move right and up by some distance so eventually they all become squashed on top of eachother in the top right of the screen, this is a bit annoying as it means repositioning them several times per match. also the action zone widget gets really messed up.

a few other minor things:

- on my screen resolution the player attributes are slightly squashed together (vertically).

- on the coaches screen you can't see the star rating

- team colours missing on team names in match day screen

- hit area on continue button is very small, is it possible to make it the entire area of the button

- action buttons at bottom right of screen (on inbox items for example) are slightly too close to the bottom of the screen, they almost sit flush on the taskbar in windowed mode

- top menu bar needs to be slightly larger vertically because the buttons overlap the team logo which makes them slightly hard to read

- the hit areas on some of the top buttons (selection, assistant advice on the squad screen for example) needs tweaking as you can only click on the top few pixels of the button

other than that its looking like the best skin so far, look forward to final release. the clarity is very nice due to the font choice, things are very easy to read.

OK, let me go through these issues one by one, give you a better picture of where I'm at.

i have found one showstopper issue, i'm not sure if its skin related or something to do with high screen resolution, but every time tactics get "applied" all the widgets on the match screen move right and up by some distance so eventually they all become squashed on top of eachother in the top right of the screen, this is a bit annoying as it means repositioning them several times per match. also the action zone widget gets really messed up.

Hmmm, haven't had this one crop up in testing yet, is this using Classic View or TV View? I might have to test this on my HD 32" to get high resolution and see if thats the issue. Any chance of a screeny?

a few other minor things:

- on my screen resolution the player attributes are slightly squashed together (vertically).

This has been pointed out previously and will be fixed for final release.

- on the coaches screen you can't see the star rating

Cheers for that, will look into it.

- team colours missing on team names in match day screen

This is just due to me not implementing the colour change on the match screen yet. Will be fixed for final release.

- hit area on continue button is very small, is it possible to make it the entire area of the button

Yep, this is the same issue as the top quicklink bar being hard to click. It's due to the fact that I haven't put all the header widgets in containers yet and as such every widget techically spreads across the whole screen horizontally. Whichever widget is lowest in the code for the header.xml overrules any above it. This will also be fixed for final release (and is the only thing I haven't been able to do properly myself yet, i'm getting TomDixon to help out with that one, he's better at structuring code than I am)

- action buttons at bottom right of screen (on inbox items for example) are slightly too close to the bottom of the screen, they almost sit flush on the taskbar in windowed mode

It's possible for me to move these up slightly, the only problem doing this is it sacrifices space vertically for the rest of the main boxes meaning more scrolling and scrollbars which I'm trying to avoid. This is due to the header in my skin being larger than most. If I can't do much about it, what I'd recommend is playing in windowed mode but having the window maximised. this should correct that problem for anyone playing with a resolution above 800 heightwise.

- top menu bar needs to be slightly larger vertically because the buttons overlap the team logo which makes them slightly hard to read

Another thing I just haven't fixed. By final release the club logo and text etc will be moved down so its centered between the subtabs and the bottom of the box.

- the hit areas on some of the top buttons (selection, assistant advice on the squad screen for example) needs tweaking as you can only click on the top few pixels of the button

Same issue as continue button and quicklinks. Once containers are implemented, this will no longer be an issue. :)

other than that its looking like the best skin so far, look forward to final release. the clarity is very nice due to the font choice, things are very easy to read.

Glad you said that as some people have questioned the font for not being original. I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Cheers for the feedback mate, always appreciated.

I'm probably too late here but, as a website designer, I think the calendar bar looks a bit out of place about the main title bar - or on the mock up at least. It just looks like its floating above everything else and, even though the tabs below look like they're meant to be clear, they still show through the calendar which looks like its meant to be solid..? Another thing I don't like is the font used for "MOnDay 11tH aUgUSt". A) it doesn't go with the rest of the skin and B) the fact it appears as mixed upper and lower case. I know its just the font, but it looks amaturish.

Other than those, I think its a thing of beauty.

This happens with Steklo X as well

I'm really liking much of this skin. The drifting widgets are irritating but not unique to this skin and the fact that many of the quick links icons are not lined up with the buttons is, I'm sure, merely because this is still the beta. Someone has already mentioned the invisible training stars and I would put in a plea for the forward and back buttons to be slightly larger, but that's hardly a deal breaker.

The two minor points I haven't seen raised that cropped up for me were a) the transparent match bar at the top of the TV view of matchday made it impossible to see the score and b) the five choices of background yielded only three options. Picky, I know but you asked for opinions.

Overall I'm very impressed and can't wait for the finished skin. KUTGW

Ouch barry, that looks a biggy. I'll have to see what i can do with that but seeing as i've yet to change the TV view screen at all, I can think what it might be causing it. :s

Thank you Rev.Orr, as mentioned somewhere else the back forward buttons will end up being like the ones in the mock-up, I haven't really changed much to do with the minor graphics as of yet.

i haven't seen or heard mentioned the transparent score and it hasn't seemed to come up in testing. I'll have a look at that too. Have a feeling its to do with skin using steklo_x as a parent. Do me a favour and go download that, then use my skin and see if it changes at all. if so, it will be fine come release. The backgrounds I know about also, its because the selector wasnt working originally and i had to mess with it, ended up overwriting some of the backgrounds and just haven't gone over it again. Will be sorted too.

@Liamo:

Thats probably because the calendar was an afterthought, didn't want to take too much time on it on the mock-up really. ;) As for the date, I still haven't settled on fonts but it will probably be in Tahoma like the rest.

Hmmm, interesting.

Yes, adding Steklo X to the skins folder not only solved the transparent scores but also made the training stars visible. Excellent - hope that shortens your to do list a little!

It seems clear that the widget migration is a legacy of Steklo also, as I've yet to experience it in other user-made skins. Best of luck to you and the Captain on that one and thanks for the work so far.

Cheers mate. Do you also suffer from the titlebar in match view messing up? I mean classic view not tv view. Wanted to know if this is a general thing or to do with resolution.

As for the widget issue, I will try and see if i can get that sorted but it looks like myself and tom have been stumped by that one. Doesn't surprise me that you haven't had the difficulties with the other custom skins out at the moment, as they are all recolours basically. Stelo used a lot more custom screens. What it seems neither of us can get is the fact is the fact that we haven't edited any files which would control this. I have a small theory on it but i've yet to get round to testing that one.

I'll let you know how it progresses

Couldn't get myself to read all this stuff, sorry. Just saw a post here about the gadgets moving up and to the right after going into tactics. This happens in Steklo X as well (I'm running that in windowed mode), so it might be an issue with FM itself...?

Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

After reading Steklos thread it appears moving widgets are fixed. So that's looking good anyway. It really is just the containers for things to stay in place on all resolutions and a horde of graphics that need replacing with my own from steklo. Don't worry, I'm determined to get this done. :)

Good news Gunner, I've had word back from CaptainFerret regarding helping me work on getting this out the door.

So expect a few neat touches to it and the last remaining things fixed hopefully sometime before the end of Jan (therefore before 10.3 comes out)

• 1 month later...
Good news Gunner, I've had word back from CaptainFerret regarding helping me work on getting this out the door.

So expect a few neat touches to it and the last remaining things fixed hopefully sometime before the end of Jan (therefore before 10.3 comes out)

Awsome! this one looks good! :thup:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived