Robert Enke; RIP

whitehead.10

Was just starting a new game in germany and the thought came to my mind when playing Hanover - does Enke die in the game; after the new patch, as it probably happened after data lock

Just be nice to know what will happen

Rest In Peace A Great Man and A Great Keeper

Robert Enke

I was tempted to post something about this the other day but hesitated.

I do not wish to sound morbid or disrespectful, as a follower of German football who has seen Robert Enke play twice this year I am anything but, but I was thinking that perhaps SI should add an in-game option to allow us to delete or retire players who have died, just to negate the morbid and uncomfortable feeling you would have in managing a team which includes such a player. Personally, I'd have to stop and start again.

In the meanwhile : RIP Robert Enke, a sad and absolutely tragic loss to his family first and foremost, and to football.

It's not morbid to have Enke still in the game - because it's a game. When you start it tooks no more than 3 clicks to create its own reality. Players are worse or better than in real life, behave more intelligent or more idiotic than in real life. Just because there are no real players in the game, just some statistical representation of players.

If you let Enkes virtual representation in the game you may honor him more than by overstated realism.

• 2 weeks later...
Was just starting a new game in germany and the thought came to my mind when playing Hanover - does Enke die in the game

This has been asked before when a player has died irl and SI have said that players dying WILL NEVER be included in the game. The player in question will just be removed from the database.

Archived