Can't play FM2010 anymore!!!

Edgar 555, please make sure you stay off the forums if you have an attitude like that,most people are not whinging like you are but laying out points that need looking at or are spoiling their game that lets face it,should not have as many bugs in as it has Thats what testers are for.

I second this. Except we both now will face the wrath of the testers and will probably get a rant about not enough time, money or man power to get all the problems before release...

Although the solution is very simple, make sure it's finished before release. But that's common sense and no one uses that anymore...

Except we pay to be testers! I'm surprised they didn't notice the long shots thing. I didn't notice it for a few games, but after a season it was staring in the face! Maybe altering that will change the unrealistic amount of goals some players get too.

I am gonna try and keep this short cos i am choaking on my own rage. FM2010 is the worst version of the game to date! I have been an avid player of Football Manager and before that Championship Manager since 1992. I know probably more about real-life football and tactics than anyone else i know... Football is my life and has been since i was about 5 years old. 2 MAJOR problems cos there are too many minor ones to mention. The first problem is that the game is too hard... I cannot beat lesser sides (or sometimes create any chances) even at home. I know people will say that my tactics are bad or something but f*** that. I know how to play the game of football and have tried hundreds of different tactics. I do not want to have to get a degree in tactics from Football Manager university in order to be able to win easy games... I have better things to do with my life! Problem 2: Having started multiple games on this latest version (including patch!) I am disappointed to find that the game just freezes and won't let me continue after i do teamtalks. It has happened three times after i have been playing games for a while... I refuse to play the game again(or ever buy it again) until this problem is solved. I will download the next patch and see if theres any improvement but quite frankly SI has lost a loyal customer and I know they probably won't care but i will make sure to tell all my friends how cr** the game is!!!

I am gonna try and keep this short cos i am choaking on my own rage. FM2010 is the worst version of the game to date! I have been an avid player of Football Manager and before that Championship Manager since 1992. I know probably more about real-life football and tactics than anyone else i know... Football is my life and has been since i was about 5 years old. 2 MAJOR problems cos there are too many minor ones to mention. The first problem is that the game is too hard... I cannot beat lesser sides (or sometimes create any chances) even at home. I know people will say that my tactics are bad or something but f*** that. I know how to play the game of football and have tried hundreds of different tactics. I do not want to have to get a degree in tactics from Football Manager university in order to be able to win easy games... I have better things to do with my life! Problem 2: Having started multiple games on this latest version (including patch!) I am disappointed to find that the game just freezes and won't let me continue after i do teamtalks. It has happened three times after i have been playing games for a while... I refuse to play the game again(or ever buy it again) until this problem is solved. I will download the next patch and see if theres any improvement but quite frankly SI has lost a loyal customer and I know they probably won't care but i will make sure to tell all my friends how cr** the game is!!!

You should try Championship Manager, it's fast becoming a great alternative... :cool: lol

You should try Championship Manager, it's fast becoming a great alternative... :cool: lol

I normally don't react to trolls, but I'll make a happy exception for you :thup:

Don't do this constantly; it's making you look like a FM fanboy on the loose on the eidos website explaining why FM10 is so much better than CM because he wants to wind up the CM players...

Pretty simple:

if you like playing and discussing CM10 --> eidos.com

if you like playing and discussing FM10 --> sigames.com

if you like winding up --> p!ssoff.com

cheers fella

Really? To me there's a big difference between something that's trying to be a simulation and something that's just a 'game'. :cool:

I always thought FM was trying to be a simulation of football management and wanted to be realistic. If not and it's just a footy manager 'game' (like FIFA manager mode) then that's fair enough i suppose. :)

Thats interesting. If it was a simulation, then winning the league with someone outside the top 4 (plus Man City) would be impossible, and should stay that way for some time. Now, because its a game, your able to win the league with an unfancied team, take a small team to the top etc.

People forget that realism only really applies when the game is ste-up. Once you hit the continue button on the very first day of a new save, then it becomes your own personal football world. I agree, some things like how the game is played (long shots, strikers scoring lots etc) need tweaking. But in the background, its just a game.

Because i want realism from FM! :)

In my first real game i play 4 seasons as Liverpool. During that time Carlos Tevez scored over 35 league goals every season for Man City. In the first season he played 32 games and scored 47 goals. THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN! Jesus Christ signing for Everton is more likely than that. :cool:

Well, Adolf Hitler was an Everton fan so you never who the most renowned names support :D

I normally don't react to trolls, but I'll make a happy exception for you :thup:

Don't do this constantly; it's making you look like a FM fanboy on the loose on the eidos website explaining why FM10 is so much better than CM because he wants to wind up the CM players...

Pretty simple:

if you like playing and discussing CM10 --> eidos.com

if you like playing and discussing FM10 --> sigames.com

if you like winding up --> p!ssoff.com

cheers fella

It was a joke, but also a valid point at the same time :rolleyes:

Silence is ok when you can get away with it, once the CM and Fifa Manager series get their acts together people won't be so forgiving if there's an equal alternative...:rolleyes:

They probably removed it when they found these problems and thought 'oh s***, better get one out sooner this is a real problem' ;)

more like 'oh s***, how are we going to fix all of these bugs in time!

Most of the things are just very small annoyances. Overall the game is good, and reacts to your changes more than previous versions.

Put it this way, i've already played nearly three seasons so far in my first saved game. I only got through about 6 seasons in total last year, and about 2 the year before. Add in half a season in the demo, and I've played this one the most since CM 2000/01. And that's only in about three weeks.

I haven't done amazingly well, I've got one third place league finish so far, but I am enjoying it. Overall it is realistic, because my team scores as many long shot goals and quick equalisers as the CPU. The league tables are usually a pretty fair reflection, and it's far from easy to get success, you have to work for it.

I've played CM/FM for nearly 10 years (CM3, 00/01, FM 2005, 07-10), so for me to have played so much already in less than a month must mean they have done a lot of things right.

Well.... the players playing histories disappearing after competitive matchs was a major issue for me and is preventing me from wanting to get stuck in until the next patch is released which will hopefully fix that , but after reading through this list of problems, I don't think I will be playing the game again for a long time.

Considering gettin a refund!

Edgar 555, please make sure you stay off the forums if you have an attitude like that,most people are not whinging like you are but laying out points that need looking at or are spoiling their game that lets face it,should not have as many bugs in as it has Thats what testers are for.

An attitude like what?? If you all think the game is so 'unplayable' (which it isn't) then post your issues in the bugs forum. Then they will be looked at by SI and if there is a bug they'll fix it. My game is fine as is that of everyone else I know, of course there are a couple of minor irritations but from reading through the forums SI have held their hands up and said they'll be fixed in the next patch. My 'whinge' was about the people that start new threads like this all the time and can't man up and deal with it.

Bug forum for bugs, this one for discussion about the game, not slagging it and SI. Simples!

When has any pc game ever been perfect at release and not needed patching? Especially a sim game where the users actions can vary massively and be entirely random and unexpected?? Even console games get patched now, its a fact of life. Anyway like I said in my first post, these kind of threads are exactly why I didn't bother visiting these forums for a very long time and your attitude really doesn't encourage me to stick around this time either. Which is a shame cos there are some intelligent people on here who know what they are talking about, unfortunately they tend to get drowned out by the cry babies. Take care all of you, see you never.

To all SI people, keep up the good work, I cannot however be bothered with these forums any more, so thanks for everything. I shall continue to purchase your games, just won't comment on them anymore.

5) Player subscriptions being lost meaning you never know if players on your shortlist are being bid on.

Hope people can see past the dummy throwing and spaz outs in the rest of the thread. This point is really affecting my game now, it's almost pointless to scout players as, once you've found someone decent and added them to your shortlist, you then are not informed of anything to do with that player. I've tried subscribing to players but these then seem to disappear in the "manage subscriptions" tabs. It makes it very difficult to plan potential signings and for transfer windows.

I know there's a bit in the bugs forum about this but are other people experiencing this? Is there a way round it?

How could I forget Press Confrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I think I fell asleep doing one once, calling them boring is understatement, they are not needed in the game, serve no purpose and are waste of programming time. Just lost 1-0 to Preston, peppered their goal all game, they have 1 pin perfect deep cross from their left back, both my CB's stop to tie their laces, goal in the 89th minute, they have 1 shot on target, it goes in, I have 7 on target, 3 clear cut, and I lose, sums up this game so far. I looked at the manager of Preston, and it was Paul Merson, COME ON!!!!! Who would hire Merson!!!!!!

You can always ask your assistant manager to do press conference in the team settings menu.

Archived