Premiership Glory 2010 Clan Thread

dcu223

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what a disaster of a season......

We had the league done and dusted with 7 (seven) games to go, and with my assman deciding that a 3-0 lead away to Chelsea wasn't good enough, we were out of teh Champions League at the Qtr Final Stage. I decided after that to take the night off and think about what to do.

Anyway with the League won at the end of march I decided that i had 7 games to blood some kids and really see if they were as good as i thought they could be. Baiano(18yo) and Gilberto(19) more than abley covered the Superstars of Carioca & Kechmali at CB. Lima(19), Wjociechowski(17), Josenei(18) and Marquinhos(19) did an awesome job of covering for Superstar Oscar Hernandez, Adrian and Alex Martin Rodriguez, while in the CM we had Kaio(18), Gil(18) and Gian(21) again doing more than well coverin the 1st choice of Jose, Denilson(Arsenal one) Carlinhos and Rausch. Towards the end of the season 1st choice LB Hakan Aydin was ousted from the team by Cesar(19), who decided that avg a 7.5 was the norm!!! RB Misic was more than covered by Valter who at 18 is looking more than ready for 1st team football.

So where does that leave me? I have as strong a 1st XI as anyone in the league as well as a whole 2nd XI that are more than capable of a top 6 finish. I also have a reserve squad of 20 ish good young players that spend all season at an array of other clubs on loan, and I have 14 transfers already agreed to join me in the next couple of years. Finances are normal ,imo, comin into May we are 30mil over drawn(same as last year) but we recieve nearly 50million in prize money from our League and Champions Leagues expeditions. The future definately looks bright for Wigan and its fans.

Is there another team out there that can challenge us next year? Well I would hope so, Chelsea are best placed to do that after winning the Champions League. Steves Sunderland looked good to also do that, but with their 1st Champions League campaign will they look to progress as far as they can and take their eye off the league? Same can be said about Kim's Ipswich despite getting to a Euro League Final last year are they going to be able to compete on all fronts next year especially with the impending financial doom that is sure to happen with the clubs chairman having to take 30mil+ loans out every season just to stay a float? I bet Kim's thanking Olly right now lol. Joes Wolves were unlucky to just miss out on CL football but with them joining the Euro Cup there will be memories of when he got sacked when he had a good year with Wolves and No Euro Football, then he had Euro and his form in the League went south.

Towards the last day of the season the league was beginning to look really tight towards the bottom end of the table, it was a 5 way fight for the last relegation place and unfortunately for Jimmy it was his WBA that took the last place. It will be interesting to see if,after a change in the rules, if he will continue with WBA and try and get them promoted. If not I will prob go shopping there for some bargains hehe.

Also congratulations to Belly (Pompey) and Jack (Southend) who contested the FA Cup Final, Belly had obviously bought the referree as he had 2 penalties but it shows that you dont have to be in charge of a so called 'big' club to win trophies. Looking forward to the charity shield.....

So all in all not a bad season, just very frustrating that in all the cups I found myself against a Big club, but we still finished the season with 3 competition wins, League, European Super Cup and a World Club Championship.

Obv looking forward to next season and hopefully retaining the title......

Mike - Wigan

So close yet so far................

overall its been a good season by Wolves yet I can't help but wonder what might have been......... As we got towards the end of the season my team were on the charge champions league football was so close you could smell the cash but what I deem the decisive match was at the Stadium of Light, it was my 2nd visit there in a week my previous visit hadn't exactly gone to plan where steve fluked to a 7-2 win in the fa cup (no matter what he says it was a fluke) and now it was the premier league encounter, this was a vital match for me, to have realistic hope of getting the champions league I desired this was a must win. Things did not go well to begin with as steve and his team of professional thugs took out my star striker Spear in a disgraceful challenge that should have gotten the tackler banned for life from football and ended spears season by putting him in the treatment room for 4 months, however my side rallied and Bonney the sub for the hacked down spear scored the vital and only goal of the game and I came away with 3 points.

In the end it came down to the final 2 games 5 teams 2 spots no room for mistakes, unfortunately neither kim or the hacker steve slipped up and i was left to rue not having the fire power in spear who would have turned one of my late season draws into the win i needed for cl football, and i was also denied the opportunity to relegate both north london teams one year after the other something that had an odd attraction for me (no offence geir). Still always the attractions of the (ugh) euro cup to look forward to...........................

Joe- Wolves

Stuart Hull (( Ex Villa boss ))

Been Crazy few weeks for me and my family, one week im at villa in the top 6 thinking about how i can keep the run going the next week im manager of hull. It all started on the monday i win my 6th game in a row with villa and find myself only 2 points off 4th spot when the chairman comes into my office saying that hull city would like to talk you about being there new manager. I had to think long and hard about it but i said to myself that it would be better for me to hold talks with them just to see what kinda set up they got. I get into my car and drive up to hull and hold talks with there chairman, he lays out the planes on what he wants to happen at this club and thinks that im the man to make it happen, it was really nice to feel wanted and repected. I asked him if i could have a day or 2 to talk it over with my family as my kids have settled well in birmingham, he understands and i leave thinking to myself how much i would love to take over such big side. That night me and the mrs sit down and talk about the situation and she agrees that it is a chance that i must take and that she would be happy to move to hull JOB DONE!. News breaks on sky sports news that i have left aston villa to join hull city and as i pull into hull city car park im shocked by the fans that are there to welcome me, i knew then that i had done the right thing by moving to this club. It takes me a full hour to sign peoples shirts and to meet the press, after all that i meet the players and can see from the start there is alot of unrest in the team and hard work is needed to get them on the same page.

I have 3 days before the 1st leg of the semi final of the league cup and guess who im playing, yep u got it Villa, i walk out onto the villa park pitch and im sad to see the fans showing there angry at me for leaving the club (( after all i done for them F*ck'em i say to myself )). The game gets underway and i see that all my young stars i had at villa are out to prove a point to me and take the game by the balls from start to finish, we lose 1-0 but if im honest it could of been 3 or 4 easy. I tell the players that they have no pride in themselfs and no guts to talk about and storm out of the dressing room. The next say i Ring my old chairman at villa and made bids on 3 of the my former players, i know the money situation at villa and know he cant say no to me, Bid for Rergis lawson and a young spainsh lad are all Accepted and apart from 2 cheeky bids from Kims ipswich and Geirs Arsneal for Rergis and lawson all 3 players want to play under me and im glad to see there faces again as they walk into the tranning ground for there medicals.

I then set about getting my points across to my players on what i want from them and tranning goes well in my first week in charge and a fine 5-0 win agianst stoke it just the pick me up we need before going into the 2nd leg of the league cup. Game day comes against villa and i have to say there are butterflys in my stomach as i walk out onto the pitch, but this time my players dont let me down and a 3-0 win against villa sees us make the final against manchester city.

As the games go by we find outselfs 10th and not really going anywhere in the league, it takes time for them to get to grips with the new set up but with the league cup final only 1 week away i see it all starting to come togetter and we go into the game on a high. I walk my team out at wembley and i think im more pumped up than the players, This is the big time for me and I LIKE IT!!. The game gets underway and after only 40 seconds we find outselfs 1-0 down, but as i said this is not the same hull side i took over 2 months ago and as in the past there heads might drop all the goal seem to do was angy my boys and they put city on the back foot for the rest of the game. We score 2 goals in the 2nd half and WIN THE LEAGUE CUP to the joy of the players fans and chairman. I go up stairs with the players to get the trophy and when i lift it in the air the raw for the hull fans send shivers down my spine WHAT A MOMENT!.

The season comes to a end and we put a string of wins togetter with only steves sunderland beating us along the way, we finish 9th but i know next season we will finsh much higher as the players now play as a unit and work there B*llocks off for each other.

More soon

Stuart

Oliver- Leeds

Its been an interesting season for me starting at Ipswich and now at Leeds we managed to stay up on the last game of the season. I am now looking to improve the this side to ensure survival in the premiership next term we need to bring in some stability at the back the experienced players i brought in in January did a great job for us but i am a huge fan of young players. It was a hard fought season last year and we really missed players when they were injured and considering most the squad would only be good enough for most championship sides we really need to do well in the market this summer.

If i can bring in the right players for the side i dont see staying clear of relegation any problem at all.

After a group of 10 managers amazingly got their first jobs in the premier league some ten years ago, BBC Sport’s Resident Hack Journalist presents the first in a series of interviews with that group who still survive in the Premier League today. Geir, Joe Smelly, Kim Smeghead, Belly McFish and Stuart Hodgson will all be interviewed but we bring you the interview with Steve Fougére first of all.

Hack: So Steve, 10 years, who’d have thought it?

Steve: Yeah I can’t believe 10 years have passed already

Hack: Not quite what I meant Steve, I was more suggesting no one expected you to last that first season never mind still be here 10 years on.

Steve: You cheeky c*#* (walks off camera)

Interview breaks off … (cut to a gormless Alan Stubbs) … and we’re back.

Hack: Well thanks for rejoining us Steve. So how did you think those last 10 years have gone.

Steve: Pretty well I’d say. I’ve had success, and I think I’ve left everyone club I’ve been at in a better state than when I first came.

Hack: Really? Even Chelsea

Steve: [gives stern look] Yes, just look at the players they had before I came and those they’ve had since. All their success following my departure has been won with my players at the centre of it.

Hack: Ok Steve. Well if we go back to those early days at Wolves, you weren’t so good then, were you?

Steve: Do you support Newcastle or something? I did superbly well with Wolves and built them into the side they were today. Yes I might have been under a bit of pressure from the fans and the board as we fought relegation, but I won that fight, and we never looked back.

Hack: Yeah the fans never liked you did they? Remember those placards demanding your head?

Steve: I prefer to remember them dancing on Wembley way singing my name.

Hack: Very good, you did win the FA Cup …

Steve: … twice …

Hack: … yes twice, but no trophies at Chelsea, are you proud of that?

Steve: Of course I’m proud of what I did at Chelsea, they hadn’t won anything for years and I took them to within a whisker of Premiership Glory and perhaps it’d have all followed on from there.

Hack: Yeah but it didn’t did it? You bottled it didn’t you Steve?

Steve: I wouldn’t say that no. We fought hard, but it was a thin squad and we ran out of legs. Can we move on to something else now?

Hack: Ok, let’s forget Wolves wanting to sack you, Chelsea sacking you, do you think Sunderland will sack you?

Steve: No these fans understand what I’ve done for this club, I’ve taken the club to it’s highest league position for decades, and for the first time ever, we’ve qualified for the Champions League.

Hack: So you think you have a talent for building up small clubs?

Steve: I’ve only managed Wolves, Chelsea and Sunderland, none of them are small clubs. Sunderland have 6 league titles and, thanks to me, 3 FA Cups. Wolves have 3 leagues, 6 FA Cups, again one of mine, and the UEFA Cup. We all know what Chelsea has won. They’re not small clubs

Hack: So do you think you’ll keep your young and talented players?

Steve: Yes, they are in safe hands.

Hack: Wouldn’t they benefit from a renowned youth developer like Mike looking after them?

Steve: Mad Mike only likes his boys Brazilian.

Hack: You mean Mike likes Brazilian Boys

Steve: You said it not me.

Hack: So any chance of a repeat of a top four finish this season?

Steve: Yes

Hack: What about an outside shot of the title?

Steve: Possible, but highly unlikely.

Hack: Cheers to Steve, good luck for the season to Sunderland, and stay tuned viewers for more interviews in this 10 year anniversary series.

Geir - Arsenal

I left west ham, spent a few months unemployed... Arsenal finally came to their sences and hired me!!

I sold almost everything, bendtner,walcott,nasri, decided to put fabregas in my team, not too bad...

Now that we have a fresh start in the season with 2 wins and League Cup exit... we can fully focus on the league! hoping for a mid-table finish to keep the

board happy.

Ive singed young kids and experienced player... Even suprised myself when i looked my overall spending over 8 years.. 1 004 Million pounds....hihihihi

And i still got cash to spend....

See you all in top half!

Mike - Wigan

2019 -2020

Transfers In

Luca Ianni - Hull - 40mil 23yo Italian no 1 who will be a Wigan legend

Juan Carlos Rodriguez - Idependiente - 1.2mil 18yo Argy DC

Goebel - Flamengo - 1.5mil 18yo Brazilian DC

Adam Kerry - West Ham - 5mil Bargain 24 yo Eng DM/MC fought of loads of other clubs for him

Ben Susini - FC Lorient - 1.6mil 17yo French RB, looks bad but went on loan to WBA and is playing well

Ruben Esteban - Valladolid - 50k Bargain 24yo Spanish ST, again straight on loan to WBA

Jack Futcher - Man Utd - 40mil 20yo Eng 'Wonderkid' with 2 goals in 1 game for Eng

Leandro - Corinthians - 2.1mil 18yo Brazilian DC 6'6

Jeroen Willemse - AZ - 1.5mil 16yo Dutch MLC has 1 youth cap already

Ramon Delhaye - Standard - 1.1mil 16yo Belgian MC with 1 youth cap

Carlos Soler - Gimnastica - 1.2mil 16yo Spanish ST

Total 95mil

Transfers Out

Tim Shaw - Lyon - 5.75mil Gk not needed due to arrival of Ianni

Mark Van Bremen - Southend - 4mil Signed last Jan but limited 1st team chances

Abdoulaye Bamba - Aachen - 1.6mil Never made it from the reserves

Cherif Kechmali - Southend - 25mil Couldnt refuse that kind of money for a DC, class player tho

Avelino - Getafe - 5.25mil Mid places just werent available

Marquinhos - Karlsruhe - 4.8mil St performances were not up to scratch

Javier Gorrotxategi - Napoli - 3.7mil D/WBRbought for 15mil total waste of space, my worst signing

Flavio - Celta - 2mil Never made it from the reserves

Jose - Ascoli - 675k DC Never made it from the reserves

Igor Misic - Lazio - 22mil DRC wanted to blood some kids so 22mil was a good deal

Juari - Bielefield - 3.3mil AML which I dont use so accepted a good offer, will be a good player

Anderson - Lecce - 1.6mil Never made it from the reserves

Peter Jones - Aston Villa - 700k Never made it from the reserves

Lima - Leeds - 23.5mil Quality striker couldnt reject that kind of money

Silvio - Catania - 1.4mil Never made it from the reserves

Total 105mil

As you can see I decided that my reserve squad was far too big and offloaded 14 players. It would have been a very profitable window had I not been tempted to buy Wonderkid Jack Futcher for 40mil upfront.

Competitions (Board Expectations)

Community Shield - Winners 2-0 Portsmouth (Josenei & Carioca)

League - 1st after 5 games ( Winners)

Champions League - Grp Stage Genoa, Rangers & Espanyol (Semi-Final)

League Cup - 3rd Rd 0-2 Norwich (Doesnt rate the Competiton)

FA Cup - N/A (Final)

So as you can see the board expectations have now shot up, will be interesting to see how long it is before they start to want to sack me...........

Results

3-1 v Burnley (Alex Rodriguez, Wojciechowski, Denilson)

4-0 v Southend (Kerry, Hernandez, Josinei, Adrian)

3-1 v Ipswich (Og, Alex Rodriguez, Adrian)

1-1 v West Ham (Hernandez)

1-1 v Sunderland (Futcher)

Players

Superstar Oscar Hernandez has started impressively with 2 goals from 5 games at an avg rating of 7.7. Other notables Wojcichowski 7.5, Adam Kerry 7.48 Carioca 7.47 and Cesar 7.42.

Disappointing players have been Futcher 4 games 6.42 and Hakan Aydin 5 games 6.84.

So the revolving door continued at the DW Stadium, I sold 3 of my 1st choice XI in Kechamli Misic and Lima but recouped 70mil, which helped the finances and allowed me to buy the 2 players that, hopefully will become Wigan legends. I now have a whole heap of back room staff, 11 coaches, 5 physios and 18 scouts!! Avg age of the 1st team squad is now 22 with 11 current internationals, 4 current U'21, 6 current U'20 and 1 current U'19. We currently sit 12 in the world on richest clubs with a total value of 182mil, which is a long way from the 40mil or so when I took over.

Until next week

Can i join or is too late?

Please read the terms and conditions of the site. If you wish to appl to join you must go to our website (link in the 1st post) and place an application on the forums.

Thanks

Week ending Wednesday 5th May

1. Steve - Sunderland - done

2. Belly - Portsmouth - Done

3. Stuart - Aston Villa - Done

4. Joe - Wolves - not Done,

5. Mike - Wigan - Done,

6. Oliver - Ipswich - Done

7. Jack - Southend - not Done,

8. Jimmy - West Brom - not Done

9. Geir - West Ham - Done

10. Kim - Man Utd - done

Belly - Portsmouth

We Completed undersoil heating and added another 3000 seats taking the capacity to 28000+. Also we have again upgraded our youth and training facilities to excellent and the clubs continuing progress is fantastic and i expect another increase next year as we continue to sell out at home.

Pre Season was productive as we secured our main transfer target of Antonia Lopez (Left Mid) for 7.5M which would free up daniel sturridge to play up front along side Stuart Warren as Cup Final Here Mr Ebank-Blake hits his 33rd Birthday but still a good backup player. Although we sold no one the squad is looking a bit on the small side so i have promoted 3 of my best youngsters all i predict will be internationals.

We started reasonably ok with Wins over Everton , Arsenal in the league but lost heavily to Joe's Wolves and Stuarts Hull.

In the League cup we went crashing out to Chelsea but on a brighter side we have performed well in the Europa League and look likely to qualify for the knockout Stages.

We currently sit 2 points of a champions league place in 10th.

Will review other managers at another time if i have the time..

pompey-logo.jpg

3. Stuart - Aston Villa - not Done:confused:

4. Joe - Wolves - not Done,

5. Mike - Wigan - Done,

6. Oliver - Ipswich - Done:confused:

7. Jack - Southend - not Done,

8. Jimmy - West Brom - not Done

9. Geir - West Ham - Done:confused:

10. Kim - Man Utd - not done:confused:

LMFAO!!!

Stuart - Hull City

Its a good start to the season for all at hull city 5th in the league and also through to the knock out stages of the europa league. I do have problems tho at the back after only 11 games my back 4 has leaked 19 goals thats just not good enough and ollys leeds and mikes wigan cashed in on that problem with 4-1 and 4-0 wins against me leaving a VERY nasty tast in the mouth. On a brighter note my new signings have done well and my forward line is up there with the best in the land with all 4 of them cashing in everytime they start, i hope that they carry on in this mannor because of the weakness at the back.

Money is tight at hull and -35m hanging all of our heads adds to the need for champions league football next season the team is strong enough to get 4th and with abit of work over the next 2,3 months on my back 4 and im sure we can spring a suprise or 2.

More soon

Kim - Ipswich

After playing somewhere to 7 seasons with the same tactic, I was bored and opted to try something different this season. With Edson in my squad I thought I could very well use wingers, as he look like a world beater end to end.

So, I decided to go 433 again, only with 1 striker and 2 wingers this time. So far the experiment has gone so so. We have had tremendous games, like 7-0 win at home with the whole team on 8+ rating, and then we have the lows like 2-4 home to Dortumund in the CL or 1-2 loss in ET to B'ham in the LC.

Mathis Arnold has once again proven his weight in gold, and keep banging them in for us. Jack Wilshire, my £18m steal from Geir has been nothing short of a revelation, bagging 6 goals and 9 assist, player of the month and an average rating of 7.6 or better.

The true problem is just like Stuart's really. In the league we are currently only behind league favourites Mike and Man City, and we have scored the most goals in the league, with 32 in 11 games. But, we have conceded 15 goals already in the league, and we have yet to win a cupgame. Champions League look like its lost already, as we are bottom of the group, with only 2 games left to play. I might just forfeit the european games to be honest, and concentrate on league and FA cup, as it seems clear to me that my squad is no way near good enoug to do battle on both fields.

On a sidenote, our finances look more bleek than ever. We are losing somewhere between 5-12 million £ a MONTH, due to the prior transfer dealings of Oliver. There are more monthly installment clauses at Ipswich, than there are brazilian footballers in Rio! (or Wigan for that matter!)

I have of course stopped buying players on installment deals, but it will take up to 4 years before our economy can start getting better. The only upside is that the loans that keep building up are gift loans from the owners, so they aren't that bad deals. But, if we don't do well, or we keep selling like madmen, the clubs debt will keep raising and we will have nowhere to hide at the end.

I hope we can find some consistancy next week, so we can at least try to put Mike under a little more pressure than anyone did last season.

Stay tuned, until next week folks!

Bellys Manager Update

Belly - See my earlier Post

Kim - Started very well in the league and in my opinion will be Mike's Biggest Challenger as long as his finances dont hold him back to much.

Steve - Amazingly steve has gone from Champions League Qualifier to Relegation battlers in 6 Months. No one knows how he has achieved this but its only a matter of time before he starts to climb the table.

Mike - Goes from strength to Strength. At the moment is in a league of his own and is hot favorites for the league and also Manager of the year again for the 4th Time.

Stuart - Is steadily improving Kims old Hull side and will probably land a champions league placement this year. Also in with a great chance of some silverware in Europe.

Joe - Similar to Stuart Joe continues to improve the Wolves. Again will be pushing for Champions League Place and Success in one of the Cups.

Jack - Continues to take Southend from Strength to Strength. Could be in line to qualify for Europa League with his league placement and got a good chance of landing one of the domestic cups.

Oliver - Currently 13th with Leeds and has established them as a premiership force since there promotion. Would expect Ollie to improve year on year.

Geir - Still settling in to the Arsenal Job - Lots of work to be done but Geir has the experience to turn them into a force.

Jimmy - Started off badly but has now recovered and is looking odds on for promotion at the first attempt.

Oliver - Leeds

After a busy summer at Elland Road we have managed to bring in some much needed quality to the side the major signing of the Summer was Lima from Wigan who is doing very well at the moment and has 6 goals so far. We still have a major problem at the back which i am attempting to rectify. However, we are progressing well and managing to get some good results along the way.

The Club have set me a target of avoiding relegation this season which i feel is totally managable i have also decided we are going to try and go on a couple of cup runs this season and currently are progressing through the league Cup after beating Wolves on penalties.

All in all i feel we can live up to our expectations and would love to see if we can make a push up the table.

I am sorry to inform you that as of sunday morning at 1.30 AM my computer has hung up its keyboard and withdrawn from action. 16 hours of hard labour, trying to convince it to change its mind was a dead end. Therefor, it is with absolute devestation I have to resign as Ipswich manager and the best Clan game on the scene.

I am hoping to have a new computer by the end of June, but at this point I sadly can't see any solutions prior to the said date.

I hope you all continue to have a great game, and that I can come back when I get a new computer in ordnung!

--Kim

It seems only Yesterday that I was being interviewed to commemorate 10 years in the premier league, I was full of optimism for the new season and bouyed at the prospect of Champions League football:

Hack: Ok, let’s forget Wolves wanting to sack you, Chelsea sacking you, do you think Sunderland will sack you?

Steve: No these fans understand what I’ve done for this club, I’ve taken the club to it’s highest league position for decades, and for the first time ever, we’ve qualified for the Champions League.

This quote has come back to haunt me, I tempted fate and fate is laughing at me. Hard. Fate always has the last laugh.

For the new season we kept it simple. We needed to avoid the board taking out yet another loan and damaging the long term future of the club. We did that. We then needed to raise some funds, we did that, selling Jorgensen and a load of fringe players.

Jorgensen was the club captain and our most consistent player of last season. However, at 29 his best days were running out, Papageorgiou looked to have the makings of a better centre half, and had experience from playing left back for the last 18 months in the same defence. Aron returned to the club having gained first team experience in La Liga, and Saveljev looked ready to step it up. Jorgensen looked expendable. Black certainly was. Bebeto hardly played. The others were lingering in reserves.

There was limited outlay, with Danilo Silva finally arriving from Brazil. He had escaped Mike and Oli's evil clutches as they tried to lure him onto their banana boats with sweets. Dan was a classier guy and wanted to come to a place where he would be appreciated. This led to the thinking that Dan Silva and Lasarte could battle it out for the left back spot, with Papageorgiou coming in for the big games if the teenagers struggled. Papageorgiou and Saveljev battling it out with Situ and Aron for the two centre back slots and Trevissan holding off Dennis for the right back slot.

We had a problem in midfield. Essien had faded. We knew it would happen but he had done well to last to 36, but he was well and truly short for what it took to be be first choice. Daniels was therefore earmarked to take over defensive duties in the midfield despite his attacking instincts and being more suited to the box to box role. The young turk, Jackson and Martinez would battle it out with Daniels and Yata for the two central midfield spots. The wingers would remain as Goddard / Fernando and Ianni / Gaydar, as they had easily defied their age the previous season.

The start of the season went badly. We started losing games we would normally win with ease, drawing others and simply could not win. The goals dried up, Tafer doing ok, but nowhere near his brilliant best. Ziggy was yet to score in 11. Laws doing slightly better but not stepping up and Tafferel also off par. We struggled in midfield with Daniels missing, Jackson not up to it, and Essien getting more games than planned and clearly showing why we didn't want to play him. In defence we were awful, Situ was meant to be the rock, but he was more like Jelly. Aron looked like a frightened teenager well out of his depth. Papageorgiou looked like a fish out of water at centre back, or should that be like a left back playing centre back. Saveljev was not as bad. Den Ouden was not up to scratch in goal and Corriea came in for a few games to see if he could do better.

So, after only 11 games since obtaining Champions League, those ungrateful Mackem Bar Stewards are out for my head. I'm in what Joe calls the death slide. Kim was here last season, joe the year before, and I had Chelsea in a minor version a few years before that. So far none have survived. Such is points difference, even if I quickly turn things around, it is going to be some time before I can sleep easily at night.

The club and fans are ungrateful and do not deserve me, but I vow to fight as hard as possible to rectify my position and hopefully I will be the first person to escape the death slide

Sorry to hear that kim!!!!

Hope u get it sorted it soon, I need someone to challenge me :D:D:D

I'll miss you kim :(

Mike, isn't that Kim's tactics you use anyway? Bit like trying to claim glory when all you did was copy someone else's exam paper

Joe Wolves

After the disappointment of last seasons end and my own previous history of yoyoing up and down the league from season to season I was half expecting another visit to the bottom half of the league but so far so good and the mighty wolves remain at the business end of the table, despite my poor away form thus far. So preseason began and i took a look at my side and assessed where more bodies were needed. Goalkeeper? nope ive got the best around there, Full backs? while i dont claim to have top top quality (nor technically speaking a real left back) but with rafeal on the right and santon on the left with homegrown leadbeater and joe jack as backup (all technically right backs so my vain quest for a top quality left back continues) I have enough there to do well. Midfield? my strongest area my teams normally dominate possesion and you can usually find several of them in the best pass completion stats.

So the areas left were cb and strikers, the sad retirement of wolves legend kerzakov was expected but no less moving but he remains at the club as my new right hand man after my previous assistant decided he was above working for wolves (hope hes enjoying his gardening) but what really took me by surprise was the announcement of Bojinov (aka the nov) decision to retire it really was a sad moment for me personally as he'd been one of my favourite players stretching back to my time at bolton where I cultivated his talent enough to earn him a move to Real Madrid which I later rescued him from and brought him to Wolverhampton so another striker was needed, seeing geir was having a bit of a clearout I nipped in with a bid for big man Bedneter and Jim was offering his stars out for a season on loan to keep his finances in order while he attempted to go boing boing with the baggies so pacheo moved across to add some creativity and pace to my front line and not just leave all that up to salvio. Cb was the position most in need of surgery so in came spaniard villaalba for 12m from russia and from holland young olvera a good young cb i got for 8m from twente. Shawcross sadly departed and hes been texting me how me misses my sure guidance from the sideline but at 31 he was on the wane and the offer i got from atletico madrid was sufficient for me to part with him.

So team ready I faced into the new season in the league my home form remains good with 4 wins and a draw from 5 match's, its as I said earlier the away form is poor with only 1 win 3 draws and 2 loses (away to man city and jacks southend) and some of the draws were more annoying than others, draws to liverpool away and kim's ipswich (who still can attack like no other side but need to work on defensive drills) were acceptable results a 2-2 draw when I had been 2 goals up on Aston Villa and utterly dominating them still annoy's me. I'm out of the league cup where my 2nd string forward 6 failed to put away oli's leeds when i had the chance in extra time and i lost out on pens so good luck to him in that, euro cup (ugh) remains good as I look on course to get out of my group as winners and hopefully steve and kim won't be joining me from cl into my tournament as ive come to the conclusion since im in the blasted thing I may as well win it and I'd rather not have to contend with those two as Stu's hull and belly's pompey are quite enough competition thank you very much.

A brief comment on my fellow managers trials and tribulations thus far this season

Mike: Continuing his usual domination of the league but he's recently confessed to his transfer addiction, I'm sure we all wish him well in his rehab from it and he can stop being addicted to transfers (and give the rest of us a bloody chance)

Kim: i was going to say something different for kim but with the this sudden death of his pc i shall pay tribute to a fine manager and good for banter, hopefully something will solve his problem and he'll return soon

Stu: a rather baffling move to hull to begin with as his aston villa side were handy but he's molding the team in his image (even if the board remain at best utterly insane on finances) and he's doing well thus far. A serious rival for euro cup i think personally

Jack: somehow guiding southend to 6th atm and it remains a mystery how in the hell they're up there let alone in prem to begin with. Job well done jack

Belly the ever consistent belly is keeping pompey solidly mid table and enjoying his european adventure (that didn't involve breaking pompey's finances take note mr redknapp) and will probably get to knockout stages, probably needs to move on to get a real shot at competing for honours but his pompey are consistent

Geir: having landed himself in a job with more cash available to him than the rest of us its somewhat of a surprise to see geir only mid table but then again having barely dodged relegation to begin with it last season it will take him time to shape the side to his liking.

Oli: keeping leeds afloat and dodging 2nd season syndrome is his priority and so far so good and i wish him the best of luck in the league cup.

Steve: I'm wondering at the moment did the script writers get their addresses mixed up and send my normal script to sunderland, I'm the one who goes through sudden changes in fortune not steve and to see him down at the wrong end of the table is shocking and he seems to be caught in the death cycle of player unhappiness which is exceptionally difficult to break out of. I'm sure he'll pull out of it though and if not.........well tafer is welcome at molineux

thats all for now

Joe not bouncing up and down the league for once at wolves (for now at least)

In the Club accounts there is reference to non-footballing costs. Many wonder what this means. I now know.

Some think that I was sacked by Sunderland just 12 games after securing champions league football for the first time due to a bad start. Only a mad man would do so. I still had the backing of the fans. What really happened was that i was harvesting quinn's daughter. He took exception. He had his suspicions aroused and hired a private detective to follow me about. Quinn's never seen his daughter looking that before. This is where the non footballing costs come in. Chairmen spying on their managers.

So Quinn called me to his office. He was going to sack me but could not do so without making the story public due to my success in Sunderland. He had to wait for an opportune time and the bad start was it. He didn't know who he was messing with though. I had enjoyed complete control. I had access to accounts not even the club accountant was allowed to see. I'm not soft I took a few photos showing suspect payments made by the previous administration, ie stu's lot, to certain non-licenced agents. I had Quinn by the balls. There was a quick fake consultation with supporters groups and I was reinstated on a wave of supposed fan power. If only they knew

so I'm back in charge. Results bottomed out. We've now won three on the bounce and making our way back up the table. It's not beyond the realms of possibilty we could win ten in a row and get back in the Europa hunt. The team is coming back into form. We've shuffled papageorgiou back to left back, brought savo in at centre back, dropped yata, freed daniels from his defensive shackles and moved Jackson into that role. Tafer has found his shooting boots. Laws is stepping up. The whole team looks loads better and are playing more like they did last season. Particularly, in a recent game we were able to knock the ball around all game with geir hardly getting a touch! We failed to score though until late on and then situ getting sent off left us unable to dominate the midfield. We won 1-0.

So Kim has left Ipswich. I heard he resigned after the benevolent owner of the debt ridden club offered to give him another £50m to spend in return for "a night of fun". I don't believe his rumour as Kim never passes up such opportinities even when there is no financial reward.

Steve - Sunderland

Mike - Wigan

Season Review 2019/20

Transfers (cont.)

Transfers In

Marcelo Leite - Cruzeiro - 1.4mil 18 yo ST

Sergio - Althletico Paranaese - 1.1mil 18yo Brazilian ST

Zacarias - Santos - 1.4mil 18yo Brazilian ST

Csaba Horvath - Fehervar - 250k 16yo D/DM/MC Hungarian

Sergey Kharkov - Shaktar - 1.9mil Promisng Russian MC

Arnold Mathis - Ipswich - 50mil Top scorer in EPL for last 2 seasons. IMO Bargain.

Andre Ramos - Deportivo - 12.25mil Quality ST

Total for the Season 164mil

Transfers Out

Adrian - HSV - 4.6mil Needed to make space for the arrival of Arnold

Jair - Stuttgart - 7.5mil Couldnt refuse that money for a backup RB

Denilson - Roma - 3.4mil Fringe player who was getting older

Kevin Mantler - Murcia - 1.2mil Reserve who never played a 1st team game

Alex Rodriguez - Bologna - 6mil Needed to make space for the arrival of Arnold + Ramos

Diego Barros - Sunderland - 12mil Needed to sell to raise funds for Arnold + Ramos

Kaio - Zenit - 3.5mil Needed the cash to complete the final deals.

Total for the Season 143mil

Well this season has all been about buying the next world stars, Ianni a 23yo GK who cost me 40mil at the start of the season is IMO gonna be the next Buffon, Futcher Eng ST who cost me 40mil will be dominating the lg next year, and current superstar Mathis Arnold who for 50mil was a bargain, he scored 22 goals in 23 games after joining me, that was more than enough to justify his price tag. Im not sure how much money I will get next year as those 3 signings cost me 130mil but I cant see my self buying too many (at the mo) but like others have said, I am definately a transfer addict.

Competitions

Community Shield - Winners v Portsmouth 2-0

League Cup - 3rd round Lost to Norwich

FA Cup - Winners 1-0 v Southend

League - Winners

Champions League - Semi Final 4-4 v Barcelona lost on away goals

Well we just missed out on returning to the CL final losing to Barcelona, but the real fun was in the Qtr Finals where I was drawn to play Steves Sunderland. I lost the 1st leg thanks to some dodgy referreeing (Red card on 35 mins & penalty in the 85th) but managed to hold on for a 2-1 loss at The Stadium of Light. So it was all to play for in the 2nd leg. We got off to a flyer with SuperStar Oscar Hernandez scoring after 11 mins to put us ahead in the tie. The game was pretty boring and tense until Steve brought on Zigoni who scored with his 1st touch to even the scores and put Steve ahead on 80mins. There was only 1 thing to do, all out attack, I had to score a goal. It looked like we were going out then Steve's defence comceded a free kick from about 30yards, what a freekick it was by Rausch. It was easily as good as, if not better, than Beckhams v Greece and what a time to do it, 91st min. So we head to extra time nothing much happens and we head to the AI controlled Penalty Shootout. Unfortunately Steve missed the last one of his 5 and I went through!!! Happy Days!! Barcelona awaited but in the 2nd leg they brought on a striker at HT he scored 2 away goals after I was leadin 3-0 ans that was that.

In the league it was pretty tight until Leeds form suddenly dipped and that allowed us to pull clear. Eventually we won the league by 10pts.

I negotiated my way to the final of the Fa Cup to find Jacks Southend in the Final for the 2nd Straight year. Unfortunately for him we scraped past 1-0, with his strikers not being able to make their chances count.

I have now won everthing bar the Europa League, which I have never played in!!

Players

Top Scorer - Jack Futcher 23 goals in 37(7) then Arnold on 22 who only had half a season

Highest Rating - Mathis Arnold - 7.71

Special praise has to go to Gilberto who was pushed into 1st team football a bit earlier than I would have liked after the sale of Kechmali he played 42(8) finished with an avg rating of 7.23 as my partner for Carioca.

Current 1st XI

GK Ochoa

DR Hakan Aydin

DL Cesar

DC Gilberto

DC Carioca

DM Adam Kerry

MC Rausch

MC Jose

ST Futcher

ST Arnold

ST Oscar Hernandez

Sub Ianni

Sub Josenei

Sub Wojciechowski

Sub Gian

Sub Valter

Sub Karhkov

Sub Carlinhos

Finances

After this seasons transfer policy of bringing in big names it has left us in a bit of hole. We are 30mil overdrawn AFTER all the League and Champions League money. We made a loss of 50mil but that was due to purchasing Arnold, which, IMO will make me a force for the next 5 years.

Next year I really need to win the CL again, Unless something drastic happens during the off season I cant really see anyone to challenge us in the league so hopefully it will a memorable Hattrick of titles. Again as always looking forward to the start of the season.

Mike

Steve - Sunderland

well that was the worst season yet for me on clan. Worse than getting sacked the two times by chelsea. We finished last season in a jubilant fashion. This season we finished ten whole places lower. Despite a resurgence in mid season and getting to within 8 points of 4th we fell away and instead of a strong finish going out all guns blazing. Instead we finished with a whimper.

Barros and edson were the only two big signings. Barros was brought in as tafer back up. Tafferel was not quite in the tafer mould and was too good to sit on the bench indefinately. Edson added the quality we lacked on the left flank. We're still largely a young side. I think we have a top side and do not need any additions particularly in the first team slots.

Next season should see a return to the top 6 or I'll have to seriously consider my tactics. However, I refuse to abandon 442. There's no European football. So my big squad will need to be trimmed with loans until we return. Europe was so disappointing as yet again I was knocked out by a human! Will my bad luck ever end?

Sunderland 1st XI

Gk den ouden

RB trevissan

LB papageorgiou

CD situ

CDb savelijev

MCd Jackson

MCa daniels

RMw Ianni

LMw edson

TMs laws

STa tafer

daniels was injured for most of the season so yatabere played. Trevissan was poor so dennis came in. Wells took jackson's place for a while. Zigoni played as Many games as laws. Goddard played most games at LM but was demoted when edson signed. Lasarte failed to win the LB slot. Aron never lived upto expectation at cb.

Finances.

Mostly sold players this season and with the champions league money we are loaded. Finally I ended a season with a positive balance so I can extend my ground. Next season we'll have 65,000! Maybe my finances will be sorted for good!

New signings:

medel returns and will take essiens place as the experienced MCd. Giancarlo will back up daniels with the Turk. We'll sell yata, gaydar, fernando, Martinez, Newton and some other fringe

players.

My manager rating

Mike - The best manager in the clan, simple as that. Continues to dominate and has been a world apart from everyone else in terms of results, skill and tactical knowhow. Another great season, well done mike.

Wally - Done well with Leeds, however he has overspent and has frankly signed some risky players. He faces a tough challenge next year being in the CL - overall a great season.

Joe - Continues to do well with his Wolves side, however it is known to have alot of aging players. Can guys like Simmonds step up on a consistant basis?

Stuart - A decent season with Hull, back into europe and will no doubt be an outsider for a top 3 place next year.

Jack - Well, what can be said about the young Mourinho. Another cup final, and he takes his Southend side into europe for the first time. It has been a joy to watch, seeing Jack build southend into one of the leagues most consistant sides, good job Jack.

Belly - Got his biggest points total, with a side that on paper some people would say could struggle. He continues to overcome the odds at Pompey, and is known to be one of the clans most consistant managers.

Steve - One word for Steve this year, meltdown. His topsy-turvy career continues, now in his second stint at sunderland he seems to have saved a sinking ship, sunderland have alot of great young players and I predict a great future for Steve.

Geir - A dissapointing season from Geir, his Arsenal side have unlimited funds yet they struggled to stay in the league. I expect geir to spend big in the summer.

Jimmy - Rejoining the prem, Jimmy has done a half decent job with the yids. He joined the club in 19th and has heroicly pulled them into safety. Good job jimbo.

Signing out,

Ya boy.

Jack "Rodrigo - Mourinho - Bastion" Phillips.

Week ending Wednesday 12th May

3. Stuart - Hull - not Done

4. Joe - Wolves - Done,

5. Mike - Wigan - Done,

6. Oliver - Leeds - Done

7. Jack - Southend - Done,

8. Jimmy - Spurs - not Done

9. Geir - Arsenal - not Done

Belly - Portsmouth

A great season comes to an end for Pompey. We get to the knockout stages of the Europa League (Losing out to the eventual winners Palermo) and amass our largest ever Points total with Portsmouth. Here is my Portsmouth Progress :

2015-2016 Position 17th Points 36

2016-2017 Position 12th Points 46

2017-2018 Position 10th Points 53

2018-2019 Position 13th Points 50

2019-2020 Position 9th Points 57

So as you can see we are progressing. In terms of the club when i came here we had massive loans and a Ground Capacity of 18600. We now are nearly debt free and have again announced 4500 more seats and another training upgrade. Ground will go up to 32500.

So as long as the league positions keep going in the right direction and the clubs keeps investing in itself then i am at the right club.(for now)

This is my portsmouth post - I will now concentrate on an official season update post

pompey-logo.jpg

VACANCY UPDATE - VACANCY FILLED

PLEASE DO NOT APPLY HERE - WE WILL ADVERTISE AGAIN IN THE CLAN ADVERTISER IF ANOTHER VACANCY ARISES - BUT THAT IS LIKELY TO BE IT FOR A WHILE NOW

Thanks to all who applied

Joe-Wolves

I did it, I finally did it I actually improved following a good season! Oh and I got Champions League.

Overall good season though the fa cup was a bit of a disaster as Sheffield Wednesday (sheffield ****ing wednesday) in a replay on penalties and my aim of winning the euro cup (ugh) went up in smoke when grasshoppers (daft name) beat me over 2 legs but that was probably a blessing in disguise as it allowed me to stop rotating my forward 6 and praying that no one got injured in my defence which i maintained to keep consistency there. Thus I went on the charge and claimed my champions league place which I so craved. Chief in dragging my side kicking and screaming into the promised land were 3 players in midfield my main man Simmonds young but gifted and chipped in with 11 goals and 4 or 5 assists (he's already stepped up to the plate on a consistent basis jack) Salvio a converted striker from his previous wide role, only one of his kind to survive the great winger purge and his creativity and pace are essential to my forward line and finally the surprise of the season Bonney a player that has always promised much but delivered little and started poorly this season but once i put him as the target man (after i noticed the increase to his strength) thrived in the role as being the leader of the attack chipping in with 19 goals and 4 assists.

So overall nice for once to be consistent from one season to the next and I can look forward to moving on and using that delicious champions league cash.

Starting 11

GK Cecceralli one of the best keepers around

RB Villaalba bought as a cb but with a long term injury to rafael (again from steves professional hatchet men) I put him there and he thrived not the best offensively but no one gets past him.

LB Santon, ok hes technically a right back but hes always consistent and I can rely on him always to put in a shift.

CB Oyala good first season from the young dutch cb playing 45 games and getting 2 goals a quality cb

CB Rodwell Experienced man in defence and another consistent season from him.

DM Sandro The rock on which all attacks against me break

CM Simmonds Star man and home grown too boot.

CM Tinga Chipped in with the odd goal and great passer

ST Spear not the best season goal wise but still a valuable player for his more deep lying role in attack

ST Bonney see above

ST Salvio see above

Oliver-Leeds

Well what can i say i was requested by my board to keep the club in the Premiership. Where did we manage to finish 3rd, if i am honest i honestly could not of dreamed of having the season we have had. I aimed for 15th and maybe snatching a place in mid table in the end qualified for the Champions League and dont have to qualify also won the League Cup.

So how did this happen, well i think we were and still are a very underated side in the Premiership I managed to bring in Fabio Costa a 19yo Brazilian Goalkeeper for about 2 million who my scouts rated as having the chance to be a Leading Premiership player in the future he was playing brilliant and managed to claim the young player of the month award a couple of times through the season. However, he broke his Pevis and was out for half the season. Thank the lord i managed to bring in Carlos as a sub keeper the 25 year old Brazilian arrived on a free transfer from Germany and i was planning to use him as a sub through out the entire season but he came in and proved he has a very safe pair of hands and kept us in many games.

Left back was a probelm position for me as i couldnt find a good enough signing during pre season however i manged to bring Luke Beckett in from Aston Villa for 5 million in January and he has proved to be a very astute signing for the club. We managed to bring a young scot in from Sunderland for 5 million called Black who has been our rock at the back to be honest i would probaly make him our player of the season.Temille is still playing well the only player who remains a regular in the first team who was here prior to my arrival. Brian Savage came in from Stoke the Long throw specialist has proved his is a very dependable and reliable guy at right back.

Leandro Guierro came in from Ipswich (my old club) as soon as he arrived for less than 2million he has proved to be a revelation in this position and has improved vastly i predict the young lad has a great future ahead of him. Emerson arrived from Ipswich (another player i took there) for 3 million and his average rating of over 7.30 for the season speaks for its self along with his headed goals from corners he is the spine of our side. Gil came in on loan from Wigan he has been nothing less than a revelation for the side and i will be looking to bring the young lad in on a permanent deal during the summer. Renan Oliviera came in for less than 4 million from Blackburn scoring almost 10 goals from the advanced midfielder role and creating the most assists in the League he has been a real coup for the side as the oldest player in the side at 30 if i can get another season or two out of him i will be a very happy manager.

Lima came in from Wigan for 23.5 million he was our one and only big signing and at the time i was very worried he was going to be a flop but after 20+ league goals this season he is now looking like a bargain. His partner Vandinho arrived from Barcelona for 1.4 million last January he was one of my first signings after arriving at the club and after a bedding in period last year has ended up as one of the Leagues top Goalscorers.

To summise this has been a magnificent season for the Club and with deals already arranged in the summer for Dudu and Barton i really am looking forward to it. The club is in a very healthy position financially no loans 10 million in the bank at the end of the season ground improvements already planned the future is looking very bright. However, the strains of Champions League football scares me alot but im not expecting much from it fingers crossed we can just take the cash and run. Its amazing to think this was the clubs second season in the Premiership and that i have only been at the helm 18 months what can we do next season?

A first of Premiership Glory Clan

Announcement

I would not normally post available players but this is a special case.

I as Portsmouth Boss will now entertain Bids for Stuart Warren - The games BEST Target man bar none and i have put together a few bits for your information.

The English international Striker who is now in his peak can Leave for 27M. View the following and watch the video and get in quick..

Attributes ( Includes 20 Heading and 15 Jumping)

ATT.jpg

Personal

PERSONAL.jpg

Coach Reports

COACHREPORTS.jpg

Transfer Info ( You will see that Barca, and Chelsea are interested amongst others )

TRANSFER.jpg

Finally - the good stuff - A Video of the main man - Enjoy and contact me before someone else does.

PS - Please no Negotiations - You know the price already,,

Quality video belly, but let's face it, he's no Yannis Tafer, James Laws or Gianmarco "Ziggy" Zigoni. I will not be bidding for him. But maybe I should make a Tafer tribute video sometime this weekend :D

As the boss of wba i can say we dont need the lad as we have other targets in mind for the journey into the premier league as for the hopes of the team top 15 will do us and we will go from there .Its the start of a new era here and we are hoping to suprise a few teams out there

Imaginary United madman boss H. Acker is reported to launch a £90m bid to secure Warren. The reports have not yet to be confirmed, and rumours has it that Dean Windass may come out of retirement for 2 licorice strings a week and free supply of Gatorade. More of the latest breaking news later

Imaginary United madman boss H. Acker is reported to launch a £90m bid to secure Warren. The reports have not yet to be confirmed, and rumours has it that Dean Windass may come out of retirement for 2 licorice strings a week and free supply of Gatorade. More of the latest breaking news later

:D :D :D

Sort your PC out Kim and come back!

________________________________________________________________________________

In other news:

New to FM10, Davie rejoins the clan after being a massive part of the 09 season. The legendary Captain Ahab has returned to land fresh from capturing Moby Dick and promises us bigger surprises than on FM09, well he shocked us every week back then but not in a successful way! Davie will take over manager of newly promoted West Brom, fresh from their one year spell in the Championship and looking a completely different team to the one that got relegated as all the big stars have been stolen away and Jim's old first team has been ravaged.

We have a second new member as a result of our recruitment process. Fredrik will take over as manager of newly promoted Cardiff City, it promises to be a massive challenge, but Fred is talking the talk and we're going to keep a close eye on his progress.

Manager List for the 2020/21 season:

Mike - Wigan

Oli - Leeds

Joe - Wolves

Stu - Hull

Jack - Southend (or will he get the Liverpool job?)

Belly - Portsmouth

Steve - Sunderland

Jim - Tottenham

Geir - Arsenal

Davie - West Brom

Fredrik - Cardiff

Archived