Premiership Glory 2010 Clan Thread

dcu223

Oliver-Leeds

This season was going brilliant we were topping the League were on a 15 game winning streak then disaster struck and injuries hammered our squad with Mathis Arnold, Ayhan Sahin and Stuart Warren all injured i was left with my reserve strikers which would not do to continue our charge for the title so i was left with no choice but to offload a defender. Stuart Black left for Fiorentina and i managed to bring the brilliant and experienced Spindula in from Chelsea and his form has been nothing short of amazing since his arrival. I really think the gods dont like me at the moment as we hit the crucial stage of the season playing Manchester United, Sunderland and Wigan in the space of a few weeks the injury monster once again struck our side with 100 million worth of our central midfield hit by injuries in the shape of Steve and jose add that to the African Nations with Kechmali away it meant i was missing 6/7 first team players for each match. We now lie in 4th and with no sign our Midfield returning soon i really think 4th or 5th is the best we can hope for this season.

Fingers crossed we can manage to lift some silverware this season with an apperarance against Wolves in the League Cup final and we are still in the Champions League if we can manage to scrape through to the Semi finals and qualify for the tournament it will not be a total disaster of a season but this really has exposed our weaknesses we need another holding midfielder for next season.

Signing off with fingers and toes crossed that some of my players will make a speedy recovery your Leeds manager

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive night about to get under way.

First there's the League Cup Final: Joe v Oli

In the FA Cup, Sunderland, Man Utd and Wigan could be joined by Spurs and Ipswich in the last 8.

In the Champions League, Leeds and Wigan have one foot in the last 8 and Wolves and Man Utd may have tough games to join them but they are still alive and kicking.

Sunderland are likely to make the last 8 of the Europa League.

And we occupy the top 7 in the Premier League.

Can we finally beat the AI in every comp and get all the European places? What a night in prospect!

WHAT A SEASON!!

Last night had the lot. Drama, excitement, contraversy, tears, tantrums, jubilation, joy and despair. And that was just Mike cooking his tea!

In the League Cup, as we already know from Oli's in depth analysis, Oli beat Joe. Clan 1 AI 0.

In the FA Cup, Mike's Wigan beat Steve's Sunderland. Sunderland were exhausted after a long hard season and this game came on the Saturday after Sunderland's first ever European Final. Clan 2 AI 0.

In the Champions League, Belly and Joe fought bravely but exited in the Quarter Finals. Oli Fell bravely to Juve, and this led to all our hopes pinning on Mike. He didn't let us down. Mike has now won the League 5 times in 7 years. The two times he did not win the League he won the Chapions League, can't win both eh Mike? Clan 3 AI 0.

In the Europa League, my Sunderland side had a relatively comfortable passage and made the final against Real Zaragoza. Giancarlo Zigoni (Ziggy to his mates) fired us into dreamland by putting us 2-0 up. Sunderland having completed the gruelling league campaign, and going all the way in this competition and the FA Cup were a patched up outfit. In defence, Aron the rock like Brazilian was out for 3 months. Trevissan was exhausted after back-up man Dennis had also been ruled out with injury for 3 months. £80m Morrison got himself suspended. Daniels was shattered and Danrlei too inexperienced to start. So a tired Daniels and Jacko started in the crucial central midfield berths. Upfront we had problems. This is not my Sunderland, this is Yannis Tafer's Sunderland. The talisman was suffering from a back injury. He had told me that he wanted to play in this final, so we drugged him up for the last and crucial league game and he played a tiny part from the bench. He got further jabs for his game but again was sat on the bench, with Ziggy and Loukka starting. The tired legs of Sunderland showed as Zaragoza pulled level. Sunderland were a spent force. I rolled the dice. On came Tafer and he scored what was surely his career defining moment, the winner in the Europa League final. The fans went beserk in the stand and it was fitting that Tafer showed how much meant the club and the fans meant to him by playing his best despite his injury, and risking his long term health with risky jabs in his back. Sunderland 3 Zaragoza 2. Clan 4 AI 0.

In the League, we got the top 7. The top five took it right to the final games. Jim and Joe held the AI off to round out the top 7. I won't spoil another man's joy by revealing the full story of the League run in, or the eventual winner. I'm sure there is a video in there somewhere! Clan 5 AI 0.

So we finally smashed the AI. We took everything. The Liverpool job could be about to open and both Joe and Jimmy are throwing their hats into the ring. This may see a top 7 side replaced by the AI next season, but there is no reason why a skilled manager cannot get Liverpool back to these dizzy heights and perhaps Stu's Ipswich or Jack's Villa can join the fight.

Steve - Sunderland manager - celebrating somewhere exotic in the Indian Ocean with a cocktail in hand. Cheers lads, especially you Yannis.

injury's suck, big time. its seems a tad cliché for a manager to blame him problems on injury's but I honestly suffered badly. there was only one brief stage in the season where I had a fully fit squad ready to blast all in my sight, that state of fitness lasted 2 or 3 games when oyala ayalan sandro and lozano decided it was a good time to clock off for the season. Even the league cup final I was missing my most influential striker bonney and the guy i had bought as his backup plan. It was that defeat and the champions league exit that convinced me to introduce my new tactic a few months early out with the old and cliche 4-3-3 in with my new and improved 4-5-1! Okay it didn't exactly work in its debut against steve (who's annual sol contribution to my injury list was simmonds this season-yes im still annoyed by that) but it did take a dodgy penalty to win him the match (oyala gives minor shove to tafer penalty and yellow card steves player hacks down a midfielder far more skillful than anything he has no punishment, ain't life fair?) its defensive side showed strong which is encouraging. after that 6 victories and 2 defeats, needs some minor tweaking but i'm on the right track.

However that may not be at wolves as the Liverpool manager stands accused of being incompetent but yet the board still hasn't removed him despite finishing 15th "its not the Liverpool way" apparently (morons) I wouldn't mind a go at attempting to restore pride to a once great institution but if they keep this superior opinion of their own self worth we're going to have issues, especially compared with wolves board reaction to my Liverpool interest in hoping I would stay on, warms the heart that does.

Joe-keeping his options open at wolves

Stuart - Ipswich Town

Been a very long season for me and my staff and we are all glad the season is now over so we can put right alot of wrongs. We had a busy summer with alot of money spent thinking that a top 8 finish was there for us if we worked hard, and at the start of the season wins away to hull and a home pompey gave me hope that a good season was going to happen after all, how wrong i was.

We went on a losing streak of 7 games in the month of november december and getting smashed by all clubs away from home, it was not a nice feeling and the players that i have at the club really have no bottle to talk of. The jan window comes and i do my best to sell off the S*it that was brought in the summer and what was there when i first took over. Not many times i get signings wrong but this season i have to hold my hands up and say i did and for all of you that read this keep away from a striker called Lima he stats are outstanding but thats about it, the rest of him aint worth 2 bob.

When the window shut my aim was 40 points and sort out the mess my home form got better with good wins against chelsea liverpool but away from home the team just never wanted to know, in the end i played 5 at the back with a DM just in front of the back 3 Trying to draw a point from anywhere, it did work for abit and i almost fell of my bench when i saw us win 4-1 away to pompey but that was about as good as it got away from home for me this season.

Close to the end of march we somehow got to 42 points and i knew then it was time for a mass clean out at the club and so i started listing all the gutless cry babys that where suchin the club dry with there massive wage demands. I listed 5 or 6 from the start and i have sold all but 1 so i seem to be starting to get somewhere but there is still along way to go before ill be happy with this side.

The last 4 games of the season i left to my coach in charge and i went around the world catching up with my scouts and asking them to tell me what they have found and to point these lads out so i can look at them first hand. One lad really has caught my eye and im in the middle or trying to get a deal done A.S.A.P before other scouts or managers see him so more soon on that story.

After Flying all over the place i get back and crack on with trying to sign the players that i have seen and made a list of. i make a few calls to clubs and so far i have signed 4 of the 8 on my list, not a bad start but still more to do.

I dont hold out much hope for next season and 40 points will be the aim again and this summer i will be studying like mad trying to get a formation good enough to play away from home.

More soon

Portsmouth - Belly

Part 1

Well

I was sitting at my desk studying the league table and looking at my portsmouth sides relegation position when the phone rings. "Mr Mcfish , Its Frank Forbes (Man Utd Chairman) . Following Rodrigo's departure the board of Manchester united have narrowed there management selection and decided that they would like you to take the club forward.”

I was speechless, My boyhood team was asking me to join them. Even with the commitment made to Portsmouth there was only one answer i could give – When do i start?

I explained to Pompey Chairman Peter Storie that I was sad to leave Portsmouth as we really have made big progress increasing the ground from 19000 to 36000 and we now have training facilities and a youth academy that would stand up to any other in the premiership. Peter understood and wished me all the best and i hope he can find a manager to do the pompey fans proud.

After arriving in Manchester i could see that Bastion had assembled a good squad of players including stars like Mckenzie and Sanchez. After Bastions history with Blackburn my attention was drawn to the finances and transfers specifically. We were still paying out 2.6m per month on 16 players and had another 15 youngsters due to join the club in July.

Therefore i don’t know if il be able to bring in any big names this summer. I was led into the managers office and found some interesting items. In the top draw was a pair of pink pants, a Cuban cigar and a copy of football for dummies. For some reason a shower had also been installed for the previous manager and strangely enough had some Vaseline on the shower shelf and a picture of Steven Gerrard on the wall. I replaced this quicky with a picture of a young Ulrika Johnson.

Heres the book i found :

ffd.jpg

And here is the Picture that Bastion had up in the shower - Not sure what his intentions were :

gerrarfly2111_468x377.jpg

Here is my replacement picture :

uj.jpg

As i opened up an old managers locker i located a travel guide for Manchester but it was in Norwegian. The locker contained an old football program of Hull’s lost champions league final to Barcelona,an old broken computer base and the entire dvd set of the Wire and i swifty desposed of the items.

The media and press were in a frenzy about my move. Here is just a sample of stories for that week :

newspaper.jpg

I hung up my sheepskin, sat down at the desk to analyse the squad and got to work.

Part 2 (Title Run-in) to come soon..

20gnzbp.jpg

Sunderland Living Legend Yannis Tafer overcame back problems with the help of painkillers and came off the bench to blast a tiring Sunderland side to European Glory over Real Zaragoza, at Espanyol's ground in Barcelona.

Matters had started so well for Sunderland and they were clearly the better side. On the half hour mark, Martin Ianni wriggled free at the byline and whipped over a perfect cross and Gianmarco Zigoni rose well to nod home and put the Wearsiders ahead.

It got better for Sunderland just after half time as Goalkeeper den Ouden cleverly drew attackers onto him and pulled the Zaragoza side up the pitch. he then used his pace to get free and knock a long ball down the pitch and over the top of the Zaragoza defence. Marios Louka used his pace to quickly latch onto the long ball and taking one touch, smashed it low into the left hand corner.

Zaragoza pulled one back when Vered slotted home a clever reverse ball from the skilful Jailson. With 15 minutes left Zaragoza undeservedly clawed level as Sunderland legs tired. Martin Galvin was at the heart of everything for Zaragoza and he knocked a long ball over the top of the Sunderland defence, breaking the offside trap and putting Olmo through on goal, he then slid the ball home under den Ouden and looked to have broke Sunderland's hearts and resolve. The Wearsider's now looked heavy legged and their noisy support was silenced. They certainly now looked like a team that had contested a gruelling campaign of over 60 competitive matches.

On the Sunderland bench, Manager Steve reacted quickly, sending on Yannis Tafer, Luke Goddard and Danrlei. It was a last throw of the dice by steve and with only 12 minutes on the clock it was one that needed an immediate impact. With Tafer coming onto the pitch Sunderland's support rose as one to meet their hero. He made an immediate impact with his pace and clever running. Meanwhile, Danrlei had been given a big vote of confidence by replacing club captain and heartbeat of the side Carl Daniels. Goddard hit a diagonal ball long to Tafer, Reis headed the ball clear but only as far as Gianmarco Zigoni who headed it down to Danrlei. The tricky brazilian wonderkid then stepped inside his man before sliding a clever pass to Zigoni who had raced forward, the Italian target man then turned inside drawing his marker and a fullback, before sliding the the reverse pass goal-wards into the space his marker had occupied for Yannis tafer to use his legendary pace to out-sprint his own marker, he took one step wide to draw the keeper and open the angle before driving the ball low and hard inside the near post and send the Sunderland fans into raptures. After that the Zaragoza spirit was broken and Sunderland easily played out the last 10 minutes before the whistle went.

It was surely a career defining moment for Yannis Tafer, a loyal servant to Sunderland for 9 years, as he nears the twilight of his career at the age of 31. Wild celebrations continued into the night and reverberated throughout the host city of Barcelona. Manager Steve quietly exited with his team as they had a further game, the FA Cup final no less, to prepare for in just 3 days time. Sunderland, a proud old club with a glorious history and tradition, have now gone a whole new level and it is hoped that Steve and Tafer can lead them even higher up the football pyramid.

SUNDERLAND

SEASON 2020/21

Transfers

1zdb421.png

Board expectations

League – 8th - the board were happy to attain a respectable league position. They were delighted to finish runners-up.

Europe – the board wanted to get to the second round. They were delighted that i actually won the bloody thing!

FA Cup – 6th round – reached the final, got battered, but the board was delighted with the overall performance.

League Cup – they wanted the QFs I gave them 4th rouns, you can't win them all!

Fixtures

28jdz89.png

Players

I never start well, except for that one season were chelsea won their first 20 games or so and then bottled the league when all they had to do was fall over the finish line. At Sunderland, we're scared of life post Tafer, and it's my job to ensure the transition is painless. So I bought Louka for £40m to fill the void. Tafer got a knock and so Louka got a run of games early on. It was Tafer's exceptional form in the early european games that saw him retake his starting place and then we climbed the league. Louka did well, but he's got big shoes to fill and early signs are that he aint got the feet for them. Morrison was signed as the missing man, the guy to sort the midfield out and protect the back four like Annan used to do. He did that but people look at the price and expect more. I am very pleased with his contribution. Danrlei has come in and amazingly forced himself into the team. Caceres was meant to back Daniels up and such was Danrlei's impact that it was him that played second fiddle. Daniels had his best season yet, but was solid not spectacular. Instead that job went to Tafer and Ianni, with the latter in superb form on the right wing. Goddard was excellent on the left wing and Barnes appears an able deputy. It's testament to Daniels, Morrison, Danrlei and Jackson's consistency and fight in the middle that the wingers were able to have such an impact. Papageorgiou had his best season yet, but that was in part due to him playing alot more games at left back than usual. Laws and Ziggy had excelelnt seasons and weighing in with 27 and 28 goals respectively. Tafer fired home an amazing 35 goals. Ianni banged in 18 from the wing and louka got 16.

Transfer Targets for the Summer

I've evaluated the squad. We have Celinho arriving at DM. He's 18 and green. I'll probably loan him out and then see how he develops. I have gaps in defence but, Lucas Rodriguez is emerging, and he can fill one gap and maybe shove papageorgiou to left back where he appears to do best. Danilo Silva could then be sold. Alex Fernandes is ready to see if he can step up to the fringe of the first team, after a decent showing in a poor derby side. Another weak spot is at right back, as Dennis appears to be going backwards. Also Ronielli didn't have a good season, but he was homesick and that appears cured over the summer. Third choice for both is 16 year old fin, Vesa Jylha, who is a natural anywhere on the right side.Long term he may find himself on the right wing, but he's good to have on the bench for his versatility. Celinho can also play right back. Ziggy and Tafer have at least another season in them. Acuna will be loaned to Xerez once more, Cleber will be loaned out to Reading, and we'll continue to keep and eye on Ross Eaton in reserves.

So we might see if someone of real quality becomes available, otherwise I'm just going to sign everyone up on longer deals and keep this side together. If a top CB or top Striker came available at the right price then we might do a deal.

Other managers

Mike – Won the Champions League, struggled early on but found his feet after christmas and looked every inch the champions.

Joe – Was ready to push on for the title but suffered injury after injury and fell back. Can he get his side fit and then push back up the table?

Oli – still not gone bust but sadly for him has lost CL competition and it's riches, will his finances catch up with him?

Stu – A season of consolidation, has work to do in the summer.

Geir – was MIA most of the season, but he's assembled a decent side and has a capable ass man.

Jimmy – Set the pace early on, but ran out of gas. can he build on that without being hindered by getting into europe and claim another top 7 finish?

Belly – It started to go wrong at Pompey but belly bailed for a top job, and did well at Man Utd.

Davie – Did better than last season and finally got derby going at the end, but it was not enough, good luck with forest.

Fred – An impressive season and many managers voted him the top performer. Burnley now have that difficult second season, but Freddie knows his stuff.

It's out of my jurisdiction. Judging by the things geir has got away with it appears you'd only get a steep financial penalty for murder. So you may as well nick a pc. If you get fined then you consider it a buy now pay later type of deal!

It's time for you to pull your finger out and sort it!

Mike Wigan

Season Review 2021/2022

Transfers

Transfers In

Chico - Sao Paulo - 1.7mil

Jose Rogerio - Atletico Mineiro - 5mil Outstandin Brazilian dc/dm/mc

Ronaldo Torres - Flamengo - 1.5mil

Iker Munain - Athletic - 11.5mil

Marco Grassi - AlbinoLeffe - Free

Kevin McDonald - Leverkusen - 3mil 31yo old Scotsman brought in as cover

Gareth Bale - Atletico Madrid - 8.5mil

Mathias Jorgensen - Aston Villa - 10.5mil

Pato - AC Milan - Free Should be a good free signing

Matheo Ginestet - Grenoble - 1.8mil French D/WBL 16yo

Mael Kempf - Etienne - 1mil French GK 16yo

Jack Rodwell - Wolves - 15mil (P/Ex) Awesome player

Regis - Nautico - 375k

Gianluca Lemma - Lecce - 4.2mil Oustandin Italian DC prospect

Gennady Veselov - Free Transfer

Adrian Grecco - Estudiantes - 1.1mil Argentinain DM/MLC

Igor Misic - Lazio - 43.5mil Best RB in game imo

Kyrylo Petrov - Southend - 3.9mil

Maximiliano Pietrzak - Boca - 6.5mil

Marcus Eccleston - Hull - 16.75mil Transfer Listed at Hull, bargain price for a quality ST

Fernando Galvao - Nautico - 450k Brazilian GK 18yo

Alexandre Gaucho - Palmeiras - 700k Brazilian GK 18yo

Renato - Cruzeiro - 3.8mil Brazilian DLC looks good

Daniel Romero - Espanyol - 6mil Spanish AMR/FC looks a good prospect

Total for Season - 147mil

Players Out

Andre Ramos - Monaco - 16.5mil Class Str that never performed 5mil profit

Lopes - FC Bayern - 8.25mil Quality DRC, needed the money

Alejandro Piraccini - Atalanta - 8.25 never quite cut it

Sergey Kharkov - Nurnberg - 7mil Didnt really wanna sell but had too many MC

Gian - HSV - 4.4mil DM/MC Again had too many MC

Guillermo Ochoa - Barcalona - 3.2 Ianni more than capable so cashed in on the 35yo

Arnold Mathis - Leeds - 65mil Disappointin last season, massive offer that I couldn't refuse

Nemanjo Stojic - Real Union - 1.1mil Not 1 1st team app

Mario Kristic - Levante - 700k Unhappy so I sold ASAP

Amauri - Wolves - P/Ex Part of the Rodwell deal

Gil - Sporting Lisbon - 7.5mil

Jonathan - Cagliari - 6.75mil

Hakan Aydin - Besiktas - 10mil Shockin performance in the CS so I sold him.

Gareth Bale - Aston Villa - 12mil

Pato - Arsenal - 3.5mil Waste of space and money, happy to be rid of.

Kevin McDonald - Cagliari - 3mil Hardly played

Mathias Jorgensen - Sampdoria - 13mil Profit of 2.5 on a 'mistake a game' player

Iker Munain - Genoa- 11.5mil Didnt play well so got rid

Total for Season 182mil

So as u saw I changed my normal policy of buying kids, to buyin the more experienced players. Boy was that the worst decision i have made on this game. All five of the older players bought in the summer were sold by the end of the January window, thank god I didnt lose any money on any of them.

Competitions

League - 4th (Winners)

FA Cup - Winners (Final) 3-0 v Sunderland Futcher (3)

Lg Cup - Qtr Final (Don't care)

Champions League - Winners (Semi- Final) 3-0 v Roma Futcher (3)

Players

My Player of the Year - Jack Futcher 43(2) apps 40 goals 7.54 avg rating, scored a hattrick in the FA Final and CL Final

New signings Daniel Romero 9 apps 4 gls 7.62, Renato 12 apps 7.46 avg rating and Bernhard Rausch 35(5) 8 gls 17 ass 7.43 avg rating

Carioca was as always the rock at the heart of my defence 47 apps 3 goals 7.39 avg

Finances

As of 2/6/2022 I have 27mil in the bank, despite us winning the CL and Lg placin prize money. I have 61mil coming in after selling Igor Misic to Barcelona!!!! Couldn't refuse that offer as it sorts out my finances so we can get to next year when we move into the new stadium. We have loans totaling nearly 200mil but this due to the fact that the board took them out to finance the new stadium, which will increase our 40k sellouts every week to hopefully 55k sellouts.

Overview

So the season started badly and got worse. By December we were languishing in 8th way off the pace to mount a challenge for the league. There was only one thing to do, get rid of the underperforming older players, that I had thought would make the team better, and promote some youth players from the reserves into the 1st team. Well wat a transformation, we had a 33 game unbeaten streak in all competitions, Futcher became a player we couldn't do without and Ianni going 11 consecutive games without conceding and with a cpl of games left, we had a chance of retaining our crown. Unfortunately the 9pt lead that someone had was too much and we finished 4th after resting key players for the last game of the season, Sunderland, somewhat luckily, grabbed a 1-0 win. FA Cup final was a stroll with Futcher making mincemeat out of Steve's team, who were somewhat tired after their midweek exploits in the Europa League. Then I had the chance to do what no one els had done yet, and that was to win the CL twice. Again I think I got lucky as I faced a pretty poor Roma, and again Futcher showed what a 'Big Game' player. To get to the final we had to beat Dinamo (CRO), Lyon and Juventus, not the hardest teams by any stretch of the imagination but you can only beat who is in front of you.;)

Next year im gonna sell a load of players, I have 100mil just sitting in my reserves going out on loan year in year out, so now is the time to cash in on most of them, especially the ones that probably wont make my 1st team. Ill prob sell a few of the 1st team squad as I know have Allison back from loan who will be back up/challenger for the RB berth, Ramon Delhaye who will be fighting for a MC place and a few new signings that I have lined up.

Next year obviously my priority is to regain the League, and I will be going all guns for that. Any cup success is alwasy welcome but next year I have to win my title back.

Other Managers

Steve - Very good season from Sunderland, culminated in him winning his 1st Euro trophy. Sure to be a challenger next year.

Belly - After jumping ship it will interesting to see whether he can manage a Big club. Im sure he will be fins as im sure hes played loads of Man Utd saves on his own

Jimmy - Started awesomely but soon fell away. 7th place is a good result still. Can Spuds cope with Euro football aswell next year?

Olly - Well he missed 1 night due to the fact he wanted to see a girl...... He reckons thats what cost him the title, but he had a shocking run of injuries, all to Key players, in January and never really recovered.

Geir - Spent most of this season on holiday in the sun, but his Assistant has done an awesome job as a 3rd place finish was never really expected.

Joe - Another who had a terrible season due to injuries, 6th was less than what was expected. Can he push on again next year?

Stu - Well another club for Stu to sort out, as he stated as long as he stayed up he was happy. Will be looking to challenge for European places next year.

Fred - An outstanding 14th place for the relegation candidates means that Fred can now start a dynasty after last years problems. Look for him to continue his puch up the table.

Davie - Well after having just 5pts on the board come Xmas Derby put in some much improved performances and finsihed on 19pts. Unfortunately Davie was sacked ( 3 times in 2 seasons) when relegation was confirmed.

Again looking forward with eagerness to another cracking season.

This Clan is the No.1 and im glad to be a member.

Mike

Part 2

Title Run In

Belly Mcfish - Manchester Utd

Season Review 2021/2022 (In Mikes Format)

Transfers

transfers.jpg

Competitions

Competitions

League - Winners

FA Cup - Semi Final

Lg Cup - 3rd round

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

Players

My Player of the Year - Phil Mckenzie

mckenzie.jpg

Finances

finances.jpg

Overview

Joined in January - Made no Signings , Was 3 points clear when i joined and end up winning the league. Big challenge now is to win the league from day 1 however it wont be a few years before this side is seen as mine.

Other Managers

Steve - Good Season for the 442 man of the clan

Mike -Champions of Europe, Speaks for itself..

Jimmy - Amazing improvement on last season from jimmy

Olly -Good Solid season even though he narrowly missed out on CL football.

Geir - Geir has improved Arsenal no doubt which shows in his assmans performance. Will be tough next year.

Joe - Dissappointing season for Joe IMO , Was expecting him to challenge for league but just didnt happen.

Stu - Mediocre season for stu, No real highlight of note for stu's season.

Davie - Another failed attempt at survival for davie however his end of season form was amongth the best in the league.

Fred - Awsome season for the swede with Burnley, He needs another solid season and must aim for a club that can challenge financially

Jack - 1st Half of season - Good Performance with Man Utd putting them top and assembling a title winning squad, Can he do the same at villa.

Belly

Sunderland – transfer & summer update

We’ve reached the 1st of August 2023 now on game. It’s been a quiet summer at Sunderland, despite £25m worth of talent leaving and £40m being brought in. Big signings you might think. Well no not really. No one who lines up in the first team on the first day of the season should have been brought in this summer. There’s three big players really, firstly Celinho has finally arrived, yes that old chestnut – 18 year old Brazilian comes of age and transfers on a deal arranged years ago when he as 15. He can play RB, DM or MC. He’s more of a natural RB but initial training will focus on transforming him into a MCd, though any appearances are likely to come at RB. He’ll be third choice at RB behind Trevisan and Lucas Rodriguez and similarly he’ll be third choice at MCd behind £80m Morrison, Jackson and if push comes to shove Danrlei and Daniels will play as a pair, so he’s unlikely to get any games at MC. Which means I will probably send him to Coventry! No not give him the cold shoulder but loan him out to my feeder club. Coventry will welcome some loan players on the back of last year’s success when we played a big part in their promotion.

The second big signing is £15m Niccolai from Palermo. We missed out a few years ago on him, but now he finally came of age, we were able to persuade Palermo to part with the player for a £13m profit, which they earnt by owning him for only a few days! We were looking to loan him out, preferably to Villa, but as he’s on his second club this season, that is not an option. Instead he’ll find a place on the bench and with his versatility he will play games. He can operate on the left flank or as a MCa or AMC. At 6’4” maybe he’s a bit too big for a winger.

Thirdly, we have signed a young forward from Man Utd. Jack thought a lot of the kid in his time there and had him on the fringe of the first team at 18. We’ve taken him off Belly for a good fee and whilst he’s not quite ready for games yet, he’ll be loaned off to Reading to play in the Championship and see if he’s ready later in the season or next.

Fourthly, we have been busy in the transfer market looking for other English talent. We’ve brought in 4 or 5 in total who will all join our u18 side. Unfortunately we have no decent academy graduates this year, but Eaton and Smith continue to develop. The u18s look very strong with those 2 aforementioned, the 5 new signings and the young finn Vessa who played a few times for the first team last season. Scott and Green, both CBs make the step up to Championship football this season by both being loaned to Reading.

We’ve sold a load to Aston Villa. Villa are managed by my good friend Davie and so we’ve been happy to agree a few good deals with him for some loyal servants who have not quite made the grade at Sunderland, in a similar manner to how we acted last season with Fred’s Burnley. Burnley continue to have a good relationship with us and we have loaned another youngster to them for this season. Going to Villa are Ronielli who is a top winger but temperamental and likely to be more appeased with first team football at Villa. We made a small profit on him by selling for £7.5m. We’ve also sold Rex Harrison, bought amidst great expectations as a youth from Liverpool, but as he has come of age he finds his path to the first team blocked by Morrison, Jackson and now the younger Celinho. Hernan Caceres will join Villa on loan to develop as a deep lying playmaker. In defence, we have sold Danilo Silva to Villa for £3m. Danilo was someone we expected a lot of, particularly as he broke into the first team at a young age. However, the big question over Papageorgiou and whether he is a left back or a centre back, has seen him find games limited, particularly due to the continued emergence of Lasarte. Nethertheless, Silva still played over 10 league games last season and just as many in Europe and Cup competitions. Sam Dennis is another full back to leave for Villa at the knockdown price of £4m. He was offered to other sides but Villa were the only ones interested. Dennis is a player similar to Silva who is good enough but has found his options limited and is of an age where it is in the player’s interests to move on before he goes stale and fails to fulfil his potential due to a lack of games. Also, we have Lucas Rodrigues who can play DC or RB and is clearly a world class player in the making and he can fill in for Trevisan when required, Celinho is also waiting in the wings, or Coventry to be more precise! And then there is also the young Finn Vessa in our u18s. So the time is right for Dennis to be sold. Villa with five former Sunderland players are a team I will follow very closely and hope that they can surprise everyone, particularly Davie, and get into the top 10. Those four players alone, plus his top striker, solid defence and excellent keeper will make Villa no mugs and I expect them to surprise big time.

Next season, as in the one after the season about to get under way, will be a transient one for us as Tafer and Zigoni will both be 33 by it’s end. That means the issue of the next generation will have to be determined. Laws and Louka will be the preferred combination, but hopefully we will be in European competition then as well. This means we will need 4 or 5 top quality strikers. We hope to keep our cheque book in our pocket and to bring through some of the talents we’ve been nurturing. Among them are Sergio Acuna, who is now 19 and will be loaned out once more to hopefully be more than ready to challenge for a starting berth, Cleber, who is now on loan at Fred’s Burnley and we’ll watch his progress carefully to see if next season he can do a job for us in our first team, and finally the young lad just signed for comparatively big money from Man Utd. There’s three lads there I feel are all good enough and for them this is a big season out on loan to prove themselves capable of being in contention for next season. Ze Carlos is going to continue being a long term target of mine but he’s not quite fast enough, nor not quite big and strong enough to justify a £50m price tag, following the £40m bid I had turned down for him this summer.

This season is potentially Tafer’s last as Sunderland’s main man and hopefully he will go out with a bang by firing us to the league title. Yannis only needs 19 more league goals to become Sunderland’s all time league top scorer with 210 goals, and whilst he should break that this season, if he does not, then he will play enough over the next four years or so as he morphs into a coach that he should take that record and cement his reputation as a Sunderland legend. Gianmarco Zigoni joins Tafer as an official Sunderland legend now. Those two will hope to live up to that billing for one more season at least. And who knows, maybe they are planning on having another few seasons in them at the highest level.

Steve - Sunderland

5 games into the season, managers give their predicted top 6s:

Belly: 1. joe, 2. mike, 3.ollie, 4.steve, 5.belly, 6.jimmy

Davie: 1. man city, 2. oli, 3. belly, 4. steve, 5. joe, 6. mike

Freddie: 1. Mike, 2. Steve, 3. Oli, 4. Belly, 5. Joe, 6. Jimmy

Joe: 1. mike, 2. steve, 3. belly, 4. joe, 5. oli, 6. jim

Oli: 1. mike, 2. steve, 3. oli, 4. joe, 5. belly, 6. man city

Jimmy: 1. Oli, 2. Steve, 3. Belly, 4. Mike, 5. Joe, 6. Jimmy

Steve: 1. Mike, 2. Oli, 3. Belly, 4. Steve, 5. Joe, 6. Geir (ass man)

Jack: 1. mike, 2.steve, 3.oli, 4. man city, 5.arsenal, 6. jimmy

With 5 votes, Mike is clearly the hot favourite, Steve set to retain second place and current pace setter Oli to push them hard in third, whilst champions Belly return Champions League for a second successive term.

Oooh the pressure.

Oliver - Leeds

Its been a great start to the season for Leeds. We have won all but three games so far with only one loss, we have qualified in the Euro Cup if i am honest i couldnt have asked for a better start than to be five points clear. Sahin has continued his rich vein of form and has cemented himself as my first choice striker which is no mean feat with Arnold, Warren and Spindula in the side. Tom Barton has proved me right in selling Dudu in the summer by being our second top scorer in the league. We have invested in the squad and added a number of players and this strength really is proving invaluable.

We have just agreed to purchase the Brilliant 21 year old centre back Danny Keenan for £40 million he has been in the england side since he was 17 i really hope this player can cement our back line and improve our defence.

Fingers crossed next week can be as succesful as this one has been and we can continue our form.

Joe-Wolves

well I remain in the hotseat at wolves due to liverpool deciding to follow the "liverpool way" and not sack their manager, they regret that now after a horrendous start from them and sacking their manager and despite their chairmans pleading down the phone please give us another chance, save us! I told him calmly he missed the opportunity for my services (that and i looked at the squad and finances) and my pack of wolves are doing quite nicely sitting 2nd (i think) in the table chasing oli's coat tails. During the summer my priority was to adapt my squad for use of wingers once more, not such a problem with salvio and dag present (7 or 8 goals 6 assists from the left wing thus far) but some backup was acquired and that was where i spent cash, not on 1st teamers which is composed of players i had last season (ayhan moving from backup dm to primary playmaker) but backup to the 1st team and moving on some of the older higher wage earners so out went fabregas (on the wane fast) altidore (having my bonney backup plan missing for 4 months didnt help last season and he didnt do much so got my money back on him)and yata (that hurt selling him but his wage and age meant out the door despite his performance last year) along with cashing in on the 5m player i got in part exchange for rodwell (meh backup but i wanted the cash).

doing okay in (ugh) euro cup despite me not giving 2 ***** about that 2 bit tournament, the league cup didnt exactly go according to plan when mikes name came out of the draw and guess what happened espicially when i decide to rest the side for the league. the 4-5-1 formation is doing well keeping things tight at the back, goal scoring is an ever so slight problem but if dag continues in his fine form i dont see why my form can't continue. Injuries are nowhere near last years levels (the only long term one lozano came as the annual causality of my visit to steves place which is par for the course really) which has had a similar affect on my form reinforcing my belief that if i wasnt having to install an a&e in what was just a treatment room last year i would have one the title!

Joseph-cheerfully deluded at wolves

Oliver- Leeds

Well the season has ended and its been my best since joining the clan. Finally my big spending has resulted in some trophies that actually mean something. We managed to win the Premiership and the Euro Cup, losing only 4 matches in the league all season scoring 99 goals in the process. Sahin was the top scorer in the league and had the top average rating, he has really come of age the last two season. Even with missing our first choice keeper for a month didnt stop our form missing our World Class midfielder Steve for half the season didnt affect us too muc.

So what now? My aim for next season is to challenge and try and win the Champions League. Im a believer that you dont change a winning side too much, but I identified the area of the field where we needed strengthening the most which was central midfield. Brian Savage who managed to work his way in to the England side has left for Manchester City for £15m i only hope missing a player with 19 Long Throws doesnt affect us too much but we have Glen Bond who at 19 has also worked his way in to the England side and i have really big hopes for. Stuart Warren has left for Inter Milan for £22m he has been a brilliant servant but as all four of my main strikers are approaching the end of their careers as they are 28, 29, 30 and 31 i felt its time i started to push some youth in that position more. We have Tom Barton another young England International and Kamber Kalkhan a young Turkish International who i currently play both as Attacking Midfielders will soon be of an age where i can push the forward as central strikers.

With this money and the Budget provided from my Chairmain i contact Mike at Wigan and made a substancial offer for a player i have admired for a couple of seasons at Wigan. Mike accepted and Abelardo arrived for the huge fee of £85,000,000 breaking our club record and the British transfer record. This 21 year old Spanish International has almost reached his full potential and i feel that he can become the best midfielder in the World. I now feel like our midfield unit is very strong with Jose as the holding Midfielder (as long as i can hold on to him with Barcelona eyeing him up for a reported £100m transfer) Steve and Abelardo in the centre of the park and the pacey Barton supporting the from men.

I feel this season could be even better than the last with the squad we have together.

Where is my congrats belly :-(

How can i congratulate u when i aint seen the league table yet..

NJ on winning the lg m8 - Hopefully il get to see it soon.

At last after 3 seasons i managed to keep a team up (aston villa) thanks to other managers in the league with some great loans from steve (sundeland) and mike (wigan) so i finished 15th now the hope for next season is to get in the top 10 .I will have to look at bringin some new players in might be a few germans :p

SUNDERLAND

SEASON 2022/23

Transfers

jjbguv.png

Board expectations

League – 7th - the board would have been happy with Europa League qualification, we finished FOURTH and got Champions League football.

Europe – Second Round - the board wanted to get to the second round. They were please to get knocked out in the QFs.

FA Cup – 6th round – out were the expected to fall.

League Cup – they wanted the QFs, I lost to Mike in the Final.

Fixtures

29n9g9g.png

Season Summary

This was a damp squid season. We never really got on the pace in the league and just cruised home in 4th. We were never in the title race, but we more than surpassed the boards expectations and they were pleased with everything overall. However, it was a step backwards after last season and I felt someone disappointed, although it is the first time for a long time that i have landed back to back champions league campaigns.

Players

This was the season of the wingers, Goddard, Ianni and Barnes. I switched to 343 after we had a poor start and this made for a strike force of three from Laws, Tafer, Zigoni and Louka. None of them really got going and no one banged the goals in. Tafer and Ziggy are clearly and sadly in decline.

Transfer Targets for the Summer

We're looking at bringing in fullbacks as I have decided to revert to my favourite 442 formation. I've tried to combine this with the total football principles of the 343. I have retained Lasarte and Papageorgiou to play left back whilst Lucas Rodriguez can play right back. This means we now need an extra centre back, and a right back. I could also do with cover at right wing and I'm on the lookout for a top forward to replace the outgoing Ziggy and the fading Tafer.

Other managers

Mike – Like me, never really got going, but scraped through the CL groups luckily then blew everyone away to spectacularly retain his title. Will be out to entertain for his first season in the Fish Bowl.

Joe – Wolves still appear to be in transition as Joe overhauls his ageing squad and tries to find players of the same calibre, nethertheless, wolves are tough to beat and always up there.

Oli – Superb, blew us all way playing great football.

Stu – Struggled with net problems and his team suffered without his leadership, although they did win the cup.

Geir – Finally the ass man let him down, and he was sacked, whilst MIA. He returned late on in the season to win the Chelsea job on his past reputation, sounds like a Chelsea manager!

Jimmy – Improving all the time and set to crack the top 4 next season.

Belly – Man Utd got off to a bad start, he was sacked, ditched his profile and then went MIA with Pc problems, his ass man steered the Champions into 17th!!!!!!

Davie – Impressive 15th position with Villa and looks set to build on that.

Fred – Freddie really does know his stuff. He took Burnley to 10th in his second full season!

Belly: 1. Oli, 2. Steve, 3. Joe, 4. Mike, 5. Geir, 6. Man City

Davie: 1. Oli, 2. Steve, 3. Mike, 4. Joe, 5. west ham, 6. hull

Mike: 1. Oli, 2. Steve, 3. Joe, 4. Mike, 5. Hull, 6. Man City.

Freddie: 1. Oli, 2. Steve, 3. Mike, 4. Joe, 5. Man City, 6. Geir.

Joe: 1. Mike, 2. Oli, 3. Steve, 4. Joe, 5. Geir, 6. Belly

Oli: 1. Steve, 2. Mike, 3. Oli, 4. Hull, 5. Joe, 6. Geir.

Jimmy: 1. Oli, 2. Steve, 3. Mike, 4. Joe, 5. Man City, 6. Geir.

Steve: 1. Mike, 2. Oli, 3. Steve, 4. Man City, 5. Joe, 6. Geir.

Geir: 1. Oli, 2. Mike, 3. steve, 4. Joe, 5. Jim, 6. Geir.

Extra night's session tonight (Thursday) due to problems with the saved game. We were able to resolve those by deleting some profiles. So poor Belly, Freddie, Davie and Jim have brand new profiles. Jim's the worst hit having had his for some time now.

105qfyr.jpg

League table at close of play. The title race is hotting up ...

Leeds = Oli

Sunderland = Steve (me)

Wolves = Joe

Wigan = Mike

Tottenham = Jim

Burnley = Freddie

Man Utd = Belly

Aston Villa = Davie

Ipswich = Stuart

Geir = Chelsea

Belly - Man Utd

Well things are finally looking better for Man Utd. We started the season off poorly with a defeat to Joe;s Wolves @ home. I put this down to my Old tactics which has recently proved to be flawed after sackings on SP with West Ham and Man Utd on the clan game.

Also the Assman Used it when i was away last week and only managed to stay up by the Skin of His teeth.

I therefore had to start with something new and therefore untested. I went for the old 442 wide approach. Get Wingers going down the wings an putting in crosses. However the completed rate for crosses is so poor that this approach did not last long.

I decided to try a different approach while maintaining my 442. Early signs were promising and have so far continued in that Vain. It has seen us go from Bottom 3 to 10th and with the expected media position of 11th i am now alot more secure. Welbeck and Sanchez have started to bang in the goals and its clear that my weak part of the team is the back 4.

Steve sold me a superb Left winger (NICOLLAI) for 15m who has now started to play through the middle. Everytime i look at this guy i think steve what were you thinking cause he is amazing.

nic.jpg

board.jpg

I am hoping to consolidate and then push on through the europa league places and eventually into the promised land of Champions League football.

Am now very much looking forward to mondays session as recently i was dreading playing the clan game without a tactic that i could have faith in.

More Soon.

Belly,

What a start for me so far (villa) sitting in the top 10 that was my goal for the start of the season just hope a can stay there for now.With 5 straight wins in the league i am the form team at the mo but i got the champions next (leeds) hopefully i can get a good result against them and keep pushing on from there .I say bring it on to the other managers WATCH OUT FOR VILLA WE ARE GETTING STRONGER AS THE SEASON GOES ON

currently missing: my players normal ability to defend if found please return to molinuex asap no cash reward but possibility of some biscuits and milk. As evidenced by the table my side which is normally the kind of side which will nick a goal based on solid defending and not conceding which i take huge pride in so the amount of goals i'm conceding is a worry. That said thing ain't exactly going badly lying third in the table and in the title race though i'm currently the outsider. Main change this season has been the addition of rergis from hull and moving bonney to the right wing where he is flourishing with 10 goals thus far. Simmonds continues his superb from season on season with a current ratio of 1 in 2 goal wise and dag completes the front 3 scoring and making assists from the left wing. On the european front my side is doing excellently, to be more exact my backup side is doing excellent and carvalho being the top man out of that side with an incredible 10 assists in the europa league. The backup side also have gotten me to the league cup semi final and a tasty clash vs mikes wigan. Overall more of the same please and maybe my real defensive side could please show up.

Joe- Nothing to really moan about for once at wolves

wolveslogo.jpg

Trophies

Mike - 20 ( World Club Cup x 2 & Champions League X3 & Premier League X4 & FA Cup X2 & league Cup X3 & Charity Shield X4 & European Super Cup X2 )

Kim - 6 (Premier League & Europa League X2 & League Cup & European Super Cup & FA CUP )

Geir - 6 (Premier League X2 & Europa League & FA CUP & Charity Shield X2 )

Steve - 2 ( FA Cup X2)

Stuart - 2 ( FA Cup & League Cup )

Jack - 2 ( FA CUP & Charity Shield )

Belly - 2 ( Premier League & FA Cup )

Oliver - 4 (Premier League & Europa League & League Cup X2 )

Joe - 0

Jimmy - 0

Hall of Fame Points

10 points - Champions League Winners

8 points - Premier League Winners

6 points - Europa League Winners

5 points - FA Cup Winners

4 points - Champions League Runners-Up

3 points - League Cup Winners

3 points - Premier League Runners-Up

2 points - European Super Cup / World Club Champions

2 points - Europa League or FA Cup Runners-Up

1 point - Charity Shield Winners

1 point - League Cup Runners-Up

1 point - Manager Of The Year

Hall of Fame Rankings

1. Mike: 101

2. Kim: 42

3. Geir: 34

4. Steve: 29

5. Oli: 21

6. Belly: 13

7. Stuart: 10

8. Joe: 5

9. Jack: 4

Manager of the Year

2009/2010 - Joe - Bolton

2010/2011 - Steve - Wolves

2011/2012 - Steve - Wolves

2012/2013 - Geir - West Ham

2013/2014 - Geir - West Ham

2014/2015 - Kim - Hull

2015/2016 - Kim - Hull

2016/2017 - Mike - Wigan

2017/2018 - Mike - Wigan

2018/2019 - Mike - Wigan

2019/2020 - Oliver - Leeds

2020/2021 - Mike - Wigan

2021/2022 - Mike - Wigan

2022/2023 - Oliver - Leeds

Sackings/Resignations

Belly - 5

Stuart - 4

Jack - 3

Joe - 3

Steve - 3

Davie - 3

Geir - 2

Jimmy -2

Kim - 1

Oliver - 1

Fred - 1

Mike - 0

Oliver- Leeds

This season is looking decent so far we are not losing and maintaining our winning momentum from last season Abelardo is settling in to the side and Oblak is starting to look like he could be a good player for us in the future. Were progressing well in the Champions League and still pushing through in the League Cup i really hope we can get some more trophies in the cabinet.

Fred- Burnley

After a surprisingly good 10th position last year, we hoped for further advancement this year. But so far the season's been a dissapointment. A lack of goalscoring ability or maybe rather passing ability made us lose games we never should've. Everything is not looking grim however as we've recently drawn against the likes of Leeds and Wolves, now we just need to get back our ability to close games against the other weak sides and we should end around 9th-14th place. As the injury prone and important offensive leftback Martinez "Player of the season last year in Burnley" is soon back from an injury, we should be able to grab 3-4 spots in the table by the next session.

Archived