[FM10] Around the world in 80 Years

acidmonkey

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

602.png2030-31 Season July Update 602.png

Well the team was ravaged by the relegation with all the players wanting to leave, so there were lots of in and outs i also do the Staff too.

Staff:

Adnan Abdullah

Dwight Yorke (assistant)

Phillip Spicer

Rolando Bianchi

Cyprien Lehnen

Diomansy Kamara

those are the staff i signed

Players:

transfersh.jpg

Friendlies:

Didnt play too many as pretty much all my team were grey players for the most of the games so:

Millwall 2-1 Arsenal

Carlisle 2-1 Arsenal

602.png

August Update

Championship

Welll in the championship we are playign convincingly yet and demolishing teams we seem to be grinding out wins but im putting that down to all the new faces i brought in:

Arsenal 1-0 Swansea (McNaughton)

Team: Velazquez, Kelly, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Rice Joilson, duncan, Margraff, McNaughton, Paulo

we dominated but created very few chances as swansea say back the once Clear cut chance we did get fell to MCNaughton who scored by putting the ball past the keeper from close range

Norwich 0-1 Arsenal (Paulo)

Team: Velazquez, Bruno, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Hammon, Meade, Tshabalala, Margraff, Mass, Paulo

This was a very hard fought victory with us not scoring till late in the second half the game was very even as both sides seemed unable to break down the other, We scored from good old Route one with a ball over the top of the defense that Paulo ran onto and slotted home

Arsenal 3-1 Swindon (Duncan, McNaughton, Rice)

Team: Velazquez, Kelly, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Miles, Joilson, rice, duncan, Margraff, McNaughton, Paulo

Well this was a much easier result of the three and i saw signs of us having a chance of going on a good run, as we blew Swindon away, and considering Swindon only scored due to a cock up in my defense im more than happy with the result

W.B.A. 0-1 Arsenal (Paulo)

Team: Velazquez, Bruno, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Visconti, Tshabalala, HArmon, Meade, Paulo, Duncan

Another Even game where i managed to nick it thanks to a solidary goal, this instead of being a route one stlye was a simple but effective header from a wonderfull cross by Tshabalala.

Arsenal 1-0 Blackpool (Paulo)

Team: Velazquez, Bruno, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Rice, Hamon, Visconti, Tshabalala, Mcnaughton, Paulo

This was aboring 1-0 win but were we dominated start to finish we were unluck not to add to it but Paulo now has 3 goals in 5 league games so hes starting to pay the £4m fee back which im happy with this time his goal came from a defense splitting through ball which he side footed home on 75 minutes

League Table

Well after 5 games i cant ask for much more can i?

Carling cup

1st Rnd

Arsenal 3-1 Southend (Duncan Paulo x2)

Team: Velazquez, Kelly, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Rice Joilson, duncan, Margraff, McNaughton, Paulo

Comfortable win in the 1st round of the cup as i played southend of the park but again another lapse and i conceed i hope that goes awy so im happy with that

2nd Rnd

Arsenal 1-0 Bolton (Joilson)

Team: Velazquez, Bruno, Miles, Black, Dyulgerov, Visconti, Tshabalala, HArmon, Meade, Paulo, Duncan

another win in the coup and the third round beckons, again against lower league oppositon (Bolton reside in League 1) was more comfortable than the result makes it.

Top Goalscorer: Paulo/McNaughton - 3

and i also got manager of the month :)

care to explain where i use "super tactics" please?

as tactics i use in this game are built by me to the players i use TC means tactic creator i assumed, as could never get my head round the sliders.

and for the +100 GD i did it once in linfield i came close a few times but i had a squad cabable of demolishing norther ireland due to the money the chairman gave me, other countries ive been the average 40-50 goal difference

Well if it is not compelling or a good read for you then stop reading it. It is like alot of things this is just people sharing their experiences it does not mean their career no matter how good or bad a career they are having is going to entertain everyone. So if this one is not entertaining you then stop reading and move to another one that might be more enjoyable to you. However as this is someone elses career and they have put all their time and effort into writing it then it is unfair to come on and accuse someone of using supertactics.

Cmon, Except for one year, you won your league EVERY YEAR. How is that drama? We all know what's going to happen this year, and next year, and the year after that. That just doesn't make this a compelling career thread.

Well josh i apologize if im not playing my career how you want me too :rolleyes:

im playing it to win trophies with clubs ive never won with before, eg. Linfields Europa league tiumph or shakhtars back to back champions league titles, but now im at real madrid im doing a dynasty with those you might find it easy will well done you i find it enjoyable then when i get bored ill go manage my home club sunderland,

i just dont understand the point of your negativity, if you dont like the thread feel free to not read it, im not forcing people to read this thread, im just posting in it as i like posting updates on my team and how im doing so far into the game. Maybe when i start a new save at level 10 you would prefer reading it? or if i get back to back promotions would i get accused of using a super tactic again?:rolleyes:

You know (and most people on here know) what you are doing. Nothing more needs to be said on it. If you need to do what you do in order to enjoy the game, then by all means continue doing it.

I've come to this thread for a good laugh from time to time. I just disagreed with the poster who called this "One of the best careers on the forum". When quite obviously that claim is ridiculous.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Good day.

what AM i doing is the point you make it sound like im cheating in somewhere, when im not ill just not bother in future if im going to get labeled a cheat when i dont see the point in cheating

and if you would be so kind to please explain this:

I've come to this thread for a good laugh

josh - take your cheating accusations elsewhere. Quite frankly, if you don't like this thread, get out of it.

Oh and calling someone's opinion ridiculous? The only thing making me laugh in this thread is you.

Acid - don't be put off by this clown for starting another thread. You've had a good career here and I'm pretty certain if you start another, it'll be just as good.

I'm pretty certain if you start another, it'll be just as good.

I do agree with this,. He is perhaps the greatest FM manager of all time. Props to the man. We just enjoy two different things that's all. If i discover unsavory methods that makes the game a breeze (editors, scouts, tactics, unrealistic financial maneuvers), I cut them out of my game and don't use them. I try to maintain as realistic a game as possible. And you got me wrong. I do like the thread. I get quite the charge out of it.

We all play the game differently. Continue your conquest of the world!

What a pointless argument. This isn't CSE where cheating effects the other users in challenges. This is the career forum, used simply to keep people abreast of their journey in FM. I'm not saying acidmonkey is cheating btw, I don't think he has and the thought hadn't crossed my mind. The point is accusations of this nature shouldn't ever be posted in these threads, they're irrelevent.

i dont go LLM style but i play fairly realisticlly in that ill scout players 2/3 times before deciding to sign them i dont use scouts tactics or unrealistic financial maneuvers either, an editor is used once per game in that i edit my own date of birth back a year as id rather it show my actual D.O.B. and i freely admit that but ive no intention of using it for anything to gain an advantage, The only reason i have money is clubs have it when i take over them, e.g. Linfield had a takeover and SPECIFICALLY said i would be appointed if it went through, it went through and i was offered the job, other jobs ive just been right place right time for them, nothing more.

but lets draw a line under this and let me get on with this save as its closer to the end than the begining to be honest.

Just checked in here for updates and it's a real shame that you've been dogged by these pointless accusations acidmonkey. I've enjoyed following your career across the globe and I hope you keep it going for a while yet. :thup:

Everyone plays differently - some enjoy starting at small clubs and building a career up, others enjoy jumping in at the top, others like the challenge of really small clubs and everyone has their own definition of 'realistic'. We should all respect that.

Looking forward to the first set of updates from Real Madrid. :)

I agree too Acid. As iacovone said, the reason I wanted this forum to be created was so members could keep people abreast of their journey in FM no matter how they play it (LLM style, big club, small club, international management). Again, like iacovone, I'm not saying for one minute that you "cheated", I don't think you have and the thought had never crossed my mind. The point is accusations of this nature shouldn't ever be posted in these threads, they're irrelevent. If people don't like it then don't read it. Of course i'm not saying everything has to be "backslapping and good comments only" as one poster once summed up this forum, but I'm sure you're like me in welcoming criticism...just not needless accusations.

Keep up the good work :thup:.

ill accept critisism like getting stick for starting at the top of egypt rather than bottom, joining brazil in the middle of the world cup, its the accusations of cheating i didnt like, but like i said id rather just get on with it and if people dont like it they dont have to read the thread and cheers for the support though

Acid you are good at this i remember your sunderland game from FM09 (and yea its strange calling someone acid too lol)

Well first Real Madrid update soon as im having another read of the TT&F doc to try and build a tactic to get the best out of the talent i have here :)

Not accusing you of cheating. I just said we play two different styles. If I find something in the game that makes the game much easier for me (and therefore unrealistic), I play the game without that loophole.

If I'm in control of Linfield, and we're causing a ruckus in the Champions League or if I'm winning back to back CL titles with Shakhtar Donetsk, I am doing something that isn't in the spirit of the game. In real life, a club hasn't won back to back CL's in 20 years, and Shakhtar Donetsk are going to be the ones that do it?

Linfield won't win a Europa/UEFA Cup Final in ours or anybody elses lifetime.. I think they reached the quarterfinals back in the 1960's.

whos to say in the 2020s shakhtar wont win the CL though with the oil money in ukraine and a lucky run they might? they won the UEFA cup last year, so its possible for shock results, are you going to give up in your game if you take your lowly side to the top of the brazilian game though,

i dont see how "spirit of the game" can be defined, this is my issue as for example in 1998 if you had said man city would be challenging the top 4 of the premier league and be chasing the likes of kaka you would be locked up (they were in League 1 for those who didnt know), Celtic won the Champions league in 67, N. Forest in the 70's Dortmund in 97, Porto in 04, Fulham were in league 2 in 1997 13 years later they are established prem side with european football, it happens all over the world, theres no way you can catagorically say this team wont do this or that.

i give up

Well ive asked for this to be closed as ive had enough of the grief and its giving me a motivation to play a level 10 save where i stick with one club

so as of now ive deleted the save thanks for anyone who continued to read this and i hope you will read my new thread that ill start up tonight sometime

ive been toying with the idea since i left inter, Arsenal was too easy and real madrid were just as bad, and its just not worth the sly digs ive been getting in other threads

anyway

have a few teams in mind but ill be starting in one of two leagues:

Northern League Divison 2 - Step 10

Wearside League - Step 11

Archived