• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013 Season Review

USA- LA Galaxy

well i built a team that does its job i suppose

westconf.jpg

playofftable.jpg

A VERY comfortable trip to the Play-offs i think cant belive i managed unbeaten this year, going to have to look for another Designated player though.

Play-off Semis

Again I faced up to Seattle in the Western semi final and again i scraped through

playoffsemi.jpg

And AGAIN i faced Houston in the Western Conference final this time i extracted my Revenge

westfinal.jpg

2014 season,

Well the League went aswell as last year with me again lifting the MLS Cup again beating Houston in the Western final, before taking on Toronto in the MLS Overall Final

2014lge.jpg

The champions League spread over the 2014 season and the followingf 2015 season however im activly looking towards ireland despite me being 7 games into a MLS season,

champslge.jpg

i did manage to win the Pacific cup too but thought it was a bit insignificant to post images of it, as for the US Open cup i bombed out in the quater finals :(

o well this possibly ends my MLS adventure and i can begin to look towards the Real challenges, European trophy to ireland (aiming low and looking for the UEFA cup at least)

Season Review 2015

USA - LA Galaxy

A pretty poor season considering but it obviously wasnt helped by me wanting out straight way after i won the CONCAF trophy, and wanting to head to Europe for a crack at the Europa Lge or Champions League, but Designated player signing of Shaun Wright-Phillips and a few other signings saw me get as far as the play-offs, but overall it was disappointing.

lge.jpg

Open Cup

Semi finalists of that pretty much summed up my season unfortunatly, team was playing poorly and i just felt a bit lost in how to perk them up as i knew i wast going to be around next season.

A 1-0 win away at Charlston, was followed by a 3-3 in the Quaterfinals to DC United, however i won through on pens, before losing 2-1 to Houston in the Semis,

World Club Cup

my suprise as the first team i managed in the competition would face my current side as i took on Al-Ahly in the second round tie, and my star signing back then came back to Haunt me as Motaeb scored followed up by a goal from Said saw me crash to the 5th placed play-off,

I did restore some pride after beating AS Douanes 1-0 winner from Magee

And then afterwards it was on to pastures new.............

Linfield.png

Nicknames - The Blues

Ground - Windsor Park - (20306_

Formed - 1886

Budget - £27m

GK: Lloyd Saxon

DF: Steven Mongomory

DF: Shaun Chambers

DF: Gareth Hanna

DF: Michael Gault

DF: Sam Wedgbury

DF: Jason Talbot

DF: David Pipe

MF: Jordan Munch

MF: Ryan Taylor

MF: Michael Carvill

MF: Gary Frewen

MF: Liam Kearney

MF: Jamie Mulgrew

FC: Mark Mcallister

FC: Mark Miskimin

FC: Curtus Allen

FC: Greame Kelley

NOTE:- i feel i must point out the reason for the large budget, Jim Kerr sold the club to a guy called Chris McDonnald who sacked the current manager to approch specifically me, with the apparent aim of turn the club into a european force, so this should be fun :)

i also took over begining of Jan so the enxt season update will be short as i didnt really do much bar sign Rade Prica, and Billy Dhenney

That's a hefty war chest you've got there! With that kind of financial backing you must surely be able to do something during your time at Windsor Park. 4 clubs/countries in 8 years (starting in Egypt)...are you Alan Whicker? ;)

That's a hefty war chest you've got there! With that kind of financial backing you must surely be able to do something during your time at Windsor Park. 4 clubs/countries in 8 years (starting in Egypt)...are you Alan Whicker? ;)

nope i just want the Air miles so i can sun myself in barbados in my retirement :p

the war chest sounds great, but no one of any brilliance wants to come so looks like im scouting for younger players, also decided im not doing a season update for last season, Linfield finished 1st but none of it was down to me as when i joined in jan they already had a sizeable lead.

ive also been REALLY luck when it comes to re building the squad as most of the players are out of contract, hung onto Mulgrew, Mutch, Lavery and Miskimmim as these were the only ones with longer deals than this year, so im building the team out of what i feel are quality under 25 year olds so i can try and get a decent european shot going, Lavery is wanted by Bolton so im hoping to hang onto them, ill post the final squad (as links to pics) so that you can give verdicts on the money ive spent :)

Squad Numbers for 2016/17 Season

1. Jonathan North

2. Pablo González

3. Richard Mapfumo

4. Richard McGrath

5. Ney

6. Anthony Farley

7. Augustin Millot

8. Salvatore Gatti

9. Stefan Lavery

10. Ivan Roguljic

11. Fernando Aguirre

12. Paul Dodd

13. Andy Hannah

14. Jordon Mutch

15. Richard Nash

16. William Woods

17. Mark McGinlay

18. Brice Ntambwe

19. Jamie Mulgrew

20. Christian Conti

21. Maximiliano Romero

22. Mark Miskimmin

23. Sean Morrison

24. Dusko Knezovic

34. Billy Dennehy

If anyone wants info on any player just ask - most players are new signings

i did manage to win the Pacific cup too but thought it was a bit insignificant to post images of it

Aye, it is insignificant. It was set up basically as a money-spinning tournament to get Brand Beckham's Galaxy connection out to Asia-Pacific.

Season Review 2016-17

N.Ireland - Linfield

Carling Premiership

well theres not much i can say about it to be honest i breezed the league the warchest helped me buy players of the quality to walk over the league, wonder how many league seasons i can go unbeaten.

I was VERY suprised when i won the league with 10 games to spare, as no one put up a challenge to me as they all took points off each other, my sturdy defence of Ney and Morrison in front of North conceeded only 18 league goals all season whilst Roguljic scored 26 goals in 21 League appearences :) alongside Lavery who notched 18 goals in 21 appearences.

lge.jpg

Cup Competitions

Ok theres ALOT more of these than i expected

Champions League

2nd Qual Phase (champions)

Mika 1-1 Linfield

Linfield 0-0 Mika

(Qualified Curtusy of Away goal rule)

3rd Qual Phase (Champions)

Hadjuk 0-0 Linfield

Linfield 3-4 Hadjuk

Europa League

4th Qual Rnd

Nice 3-1 Linfield

Linfield 0-0 Nice

And here endeth my European adventure

Domestic Cups

cups.jpg

So all in all a good season :D

Season Review 2017-18

N.Ireland - Linfield

Carling Premiership

Well i finally sucumbed to my first league defeat As Linfield boss, losing 1-0 to a 88th min penalty away at Lisburn Distillery, but that was well after id won the league game, this time sealing the title on the 21st of FEBUARY!, didnt score as many as last year with players being wanted by other clubs but im holding off nicely at the mo tempted to cash in on some players as they didnt do as well as i had hoped this year especially the defenders and keeper just didnt feel as solid again Roglijuc and Lavery were my stars notching 80 goals between them in all competitions, and with bolton sniffing round Lavery i doubt ill eb able to hang onto him

lge.jpg

Domestic Cups

As you can see a clean sweep of all the pots in domestic ireland, with the all ireland shielf being a bit more of a battle this year but a breeze in the domestic trophies

domesticcup.jpg

Champions League

I was just so happy to get there this year i was just going to treat it as a learnign curve and money maker then the group was drawn and i didnt stand a chance, having one of madrid or liverpool is bad enough but BOTH? and Hamburg, goingt o prey i make it next year and get an easier group im happy with my first group stage point too, and the fact we ran madrid and Liverpool close twice at one point it was 3-3 at home to madrid but im very unhappy with the HSV results

championslge.jpg

been thinking im walking into the champions league every year then getting trounced, so im tempted to throw the 3rd qual round next season to go into the UEFA cup, or go for one more crack at the Champions League in the hope i get an easier group

Been looking at my squad and these are my conclusions

- I need to trim it down to a 25 man squad to make it easier to manage

- i need a better DMC and a few other positions (listed below)

- i lack depth up front

- in nets we have a league 2 rated keeper IMO

so these players will be leaving in the summer:

Dodd Nash McGinley Conti Dennehy Gatti Hannah Benson Woods Gatti

And i want to sign:

1x GK - has to be at least Championship standard imo, ideally a premiership goalie

2x DC - One needs to be good enough to be first choice as i need a quality centre back , the other will be his back up

1x LW - Left winger to cover Aguirre ideally with much more pace to give me a second option in games

1x MC - a Defensive Midfielder needs to be able to break up attack by the other sides.

1x FC - a striker who is going to be good enough to come in and score goals if Lavery is crocked

Season Review 2018-19

N.Ireland - Linfield

Carling Premiership

Transfers:

transfersf.jpg

Postive spend helps the balance, few are Irish for Euro squads,

League:

The league wasnt as impressive as previous years but i figured id walk the league again so i went the route of resting players in favour of europe, as Rogulijic continued to run riot in the league, but Lavery decided he wanted out and accepted a bid from West Brom from the summer so i need to find a main striker as im begining to think this will be my last crack as the lack of progress, makes me want to consider leaving.

lgeh.jpg

Domestic Cups:

Domestic cups were all mine again this year 3 years on the bounce ive done the quad in Northern Ireland, was a shock as struggled in the Irish cup and got forced into a replay.

domesticcups.jpg

Europe:

Well didnt have much choice with going out of the Champions league at least i made the Europa league, and i when quite far in the europa, and was relativly unlucky v galatasary

europas.jpg

Season Review 2019-20

N.Ireland - Linfield

Carling Premiership

Im rattling throught the seasons now just is soo easy in the league only Europe giving me a challenge, didnt even sign a sole this season, will have too next year though as half my team are leaving on bosmans again walked the league new keeper is a great shop stopper, and im still scoring but busy summer ahead as after Laverys exit on a bosman last year my other main strikers is leaving this summer :(

lgee.jpg

Domestic Cups

ANOTHER clean sweep thats 4 years on the bounce definatly thinking ive done all i can in northern ireland (and ireland for that matter so will be looking to move south of the boarder for few seasons)

domesticcupse.jpg

Europe

Well i made the champions League group stage but just could do anything

europa.jpg

So no plans on doing a 'Nep' then and trying to find a youth product to dominate the N.I. league? ;) I think you've probably gone as far as you can with Linfield so a move somewhere else would probably be best...unless you want to make a record for most trophies won at one club! ;) So, out of interest, have you taken each club you've been at to total domination (obviously apart from the CL)?

so far yea ive gone for a clean sweep at least once only exception is in Egypt where i was fed up of the quality of regens in africa so left after winning everything bar, the super cup (which i came second in)

ive kicked off another season so this will decide what my futre will be:

poor showing in europe im looking to move to Bohemians or St. PAts in the republic of ireland for a year (want a clean sweep of all the trophies i can get before awaiting a job offer from Shakhtar as ive always had fun in the ukraine for some reason :)

ive won the Champions league with shakhtar in FM09 so id stay in the ukraine till i won it twice, with the plan of looking towards italy, before begining the two dynasties, a 10 year spell at Real MAdrid before leaving and playing till im fed up at my hometown team sunderland

Archived