FM10: Official TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Thread - Second Season Syndrome Pfft Please.

megafan2005

Greetings

I ve recently started a Hoffenheim game, and it the first german team i m managing in FM 2010 !

First year ended, played 4-5-1 formation with BA being the lone striker, obasi and gentner (my new transfer from wolfsburg) on the wings. i ve also brought Annan and those two were basically my only signings first season.

finished 6th in the league but won the german cup.

second season i m changing the formation to 4-4-2

I've brought Negredo from Sevilla and he will be BA's partner.

i m also trying to buy Neuer from Schalke but it looks like i m going to have to spend a lot of money for that transfer to go through.

Good luck, until my bug Hoffe was great fun. What have you done with Ibisevic??

Annan is a great signing, one of the only ones I made first season.

Good luck, until my bug Hoffe was great fun. What have you done with Ibisevic??

Annan is a great signing, one of the only ones I made first season.

unfortunately i never used him, he played not more than 10 games and i sold him to stoke city after first season. (i also had lacina traore in my disposal)

I v also sold eichner to man city and replaced him with another spanish youngster, jose angel.

i v also brought neuer but with a big price tag, 40 million $ :)

this is my team for the second season:

GK- NEUER

DR-BECK

DL-JOSE ANGEL

DC-VORSAH

DC-JORGENSEN

DMC-ANNAN

AMC-CARLOS EDUARDO

MR-OBASI

ML-GENTNER

FC-NEGREDO

FC-BA

last year vorsah and jorgensen were my back up DC's but this year they are up for first 11 football :)

my goal second season is to qualify for the champions league.

German league is a lot of fun because a lot of teams are equally matched, unlike the spanish or english league.

btw, i thought Hoffenheim was a club with a rich owner, but so far he is no where near being a sugar daddy, i m still happy with playing Hoffenheim though :)

i brought him for 28 M euros.

Vorsah became unhappy and i was fed up with his attitude, so this transfer was a last minute deal really, it wasnt on my pre-season plans. I wanted to buy Hummels from dortmund first, but for some weird reason the club asked no less then 40-45 million euros.

I thought Hoffenheim was much richer to be honest. The owner is nothing like a sugar daddy, the transfer budgets are all fairly normal and nothing outstanding.

I aimed for the top 3 spot in my third year but managed to be second.

I m also almost finished playing my fourth year, and with 2 games to go, i m proud to say Hoffenheim finally made it and became Champions !

so far;

First year 6th

Second year 3rd

Third year 2 nd

Fourth year 1st

I m enjoying Hoffenheim game and i'll probably go on playing this save for at least a few more years :)

I advise all you FM fans to play with this village team, its so much fun to beat major metropole teams and be the leading force in German football.

I aimed for the top 3 spot in my third year but managed to be second.

I m also almost finished playing my fourth year, and with 2 games to go, i m proud to say Hoffenheim finally made it and became Champions !

so far;

First year 6th

Second year 3rd

Third year 2 nd

Fourth year 1st

I m enjoying Hoffenheim game and i'll probably go on playing this save for at least a few more years :)

I advise all you FM fans to play with this village team, its so much fun to beat major metropole teams and be the leading force in German football.

Well done :thup:

Champions league next?

definitely. i m thinking about my strategy though.

I still have Beck, Obasi, Ba and Carlos Eduardo.

So I've basically kept the 'backbone' of the team, but for more success, i m thinking about replacing them with better players this summer.

For example, i might replace Carlos E with Kroos, Bayern will sell him, they've been 10th this year :)

But i havent really decided. Maybe i should not aim to buy any major cups and just be consistent with the team i have.

Just because of this 'consistency' goal of mine, i havent replaced Beck with Scwaab from Leverkusen (last year)

definitely. i m thinking about my strategy though.

I still have Beck, Obasi, Ba and Carlos Eduardo.

So I've basically kept the 'backbone' of the team, but for more success, i m thinking about replacing them with better players this summer.

For example, i might replace Carlos E with Kroos, Bayern will sell him, they've been 10th this year :)

But i havent really decided. Maybe i should not aim to buy any major cups and just be consistent with the team i have.

Just because of this 'consistency' goal of mine, i havent replaced Beck with Scwaab from Leverkusen (last year)

Beck was great for me, a quality full back.

Carlos E was great til he sulked, Kroos is one of my favourite FM10 players so I would say go for him!!

• 2 months later...

It's set wrong in the database. Hoffenheim used to play in the Dietmar-Hopp-Stadion until they got promoted to the Bundesliga. They had to move because that stadium is too small with the capacity of about 6700 people. If you search for the Rhein-Neckar-Arena in the database you find two stadiums. The first one is the one they are set to now which is the small one. It should have changed to the other one, which is the correct arena, that has a capacity of 30 000 people and roof and undersoil heating.

I changed this in the editor before I started playing with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm into my third season with Hoffenheim. Well enjoying it! First season we finished 6th and won the German Cup, second we won the league and UEFA Cup and were runners up in the German Cup. Into third season now and we're 11 points ahead in the league after 26 games. Unfortunately we drew Arsenal in the knock stages of the CL and we drew 1-1 on our turf so will take a bit of a mircale to get something at the Emirates :/

I've tried to keep my side as German as possible and from the original squad I still have Beck, Zuculini (fantastic), Carlos Eduardo, Eichner, Ba, Compper, Jaissle, Maicosuel. I've mostly brough in Germans and my squad now consists of Ozil, Kroos, Marin, Boateng, Howdes, Adler, Ballack (bough in mostly as a tutor), Diekmeier. So I currently have 7 Germans in my starting 11! Unfortunately there are no great German STs or DMs around at the moment so they'll probably be imports. At the moment I'm using Neymar and Somoza.

Just finished my 3rd season. Some screenshots:

Final league table

Would have liked to score more goals since there is such a gulf in class between me and most of the teams.

German Cup Final

Squad/tactics

Squad stats

I don't think the squad need much improvement, will just try to bring in a German DM as Somoza is aging. OH I've also been upgrading my youth facilities every season and they're now State of of the art :D And I can't upgrade them any more so they must be 20/20? I can now look foward to every new batch of new gens :D

I've just finished my 4th season in charge of Hoffenheim. We won the league for the 3rd time running. We somehow crashed out of the German Cup in the 1/4 finals to Hannover. Our European campaign was very successful as we beat Chelsea in the final on penalties after have a man sent off early. Some screenies:

League table

A few hickups here and there but for the most part we were not challenged very hard.

CL Final

Zuculini got sent off early (which is somewhat my fault since I forgot to tone his tackling dwon from hard to normal after his firsrt yellow x.x) and I thought we were doomed. We managed to hold out and take them to penalties. Had a scare when we missed the first pen but luckily it was the only miss and we went on to win.

Squad stats and such

Neymar is possible the most brilliant striker I've had on FM10 :D

My regen Peter Fritz started his career at Hoffenheim at 15 years old and I've very high hopes for him after he broke into the first team. It's a shame about his strength and jumping stats; if he had them he'd be a monster at CB.

Eike Fahrmann is another regen. I picked him up in my second season. My scouts don't think he can go much further and that at best he'll be a good division one striker. I'm going to stick with him for another season and then offload him if he doesn't show some serious development.

Carlos Alberto is a Brazillian regen I picked up for the pricely fee of £15m as my long term replacement at DM. He needs some improving but I think he will turn into a fine player.

That's all for now. Good luck anyone who happens to be playing as Hoffenheim =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have recently started a new save with Hoffenheim. I've brought in Manuel Niemann (promising young German keeper) - £1M, Luca Antonini - £450K, Jonathan Santana - £450K and Adrien - £3.5M.

I've kept Hildebrand, Beck, Eichner, Jaissle, Compper, Simunic, Nilsson, Salihovic, Gustavo, Eduardo, Ba, Obasi, Ibisevic, Zuculini, Ibertsberger, Weis, Tagoe, Vorsah, Maicosuel and Raitala.

The rest have been sold or transfer listed as I just don't think they make the cut. I am playing a 4-5-1 and doing really well. It is toward the end of Feb and I am 2nd in the league and in the Semis of the German Cup.

I am thinking of strengthening at ST, DM and DC next season. Could you guys recommend any good signings or where I should be strengthening?

Thanks

Shiraz

I suggest, from past experience, to get Jan Chramosta and get rid of Tagoe. Offer 1.5m and 1.5m over 36 months. Also to add a bit of power I suggest you get Mariusz Lewandowski from Shakhtar for a very cheap 400k.

• 5 weeks later...

Just started a Hoffenheim squad. I'm familiar with Beck, Obasi, Ba, Ibsevic and Carlos Eduardo but I don't really know abotu the rest.

I'm using metal_guitarists update, so I don't have Hildebrand. From my first look I'd say I need a keeper, centre half, left back and holding midfielder.

I'm thinking of getting Annan for holding midfield, but I'm not sure on the rest of the squad - Any ideas on who I can get? I'd prefer Germans but its not something I won't budge on.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...
Forgive my ignorence but surely that is just the clauses you put in his contract not a bug

Well that was a long time ago now. But it was definitely a bug. I didn't receive any money for Koke, I gave Werder £22m and Koke to get Ozil, that £8.75m + £7.5m over time is the percentage of the money I paid to them. Not that I received. Its complicated and not sure I've explained properly. It was a bug and was acknowledged and fixed by SI.

Archived