llm in fm10

Whoever describe the LLaMa forum clan as a cult is bang on. I got flamed and my thread closed by a mod just for politely bringing up the topic of the competitions editor in FM10. No discussion even permitted. I wasn't telling them to use it; I was simply pointing out that there are many people who love managing lower league teams and will use the editor to go tiers lower than the leagues on the disk. Blasphemy for just mentioning it.

In all fairness:

1. I didn't feel you got flamed

2. In the forum-header it clearly says: "no use of editor". Period. Forum rules are forum rules. The reason behind this: is that non-official modifications can make a game unbalanced. Especially when managing lower league teams.

So a long time ago the Llamas ruled that the editor was a no-no. Don't think this ruling came on stone tablets from Moses; they were well thought over and are the result of a lot people playing the game over a long period of time. Some Llamas (you reading this Ian :D) consider "the way of the Llama" as their heritage to a whole bunch of players. Their concept. While some might think this is sectarianism, it really isn't; it's a way of bringing people togheter that are thinking the same on how to play the game. They can (and should) be proud that they stay true to the ethics involved in LLM.

High brow?

Maybe for some. But then again; nobody forces you to post (or even read) the LLM forum.

Don't expect the Llama to change their game because of a new feature in FM10.

Like you suggested SI might consider a new subforum for the people playing with edited leagues.

But the Llama's aren't petitioning SI for removal of the editor. And they are not crusading the Editor's hidaway to convert the pagans. So I really cannot see why someone would try to convert them to the Editor...

That said:

The reason I'm only lurking the LLM subforum and no longer posting is the over-the-top attitude of some new LLama's trying to mix in with the old-timers and trying to prove (God knows why) they're the real deal.

I sometimes feel they (the hardcore newbies) are making the place look like a clan and a pirates hold. But that's not the fault of the (large) majority of Llama's.

With a little common sense (read the header) and a positive attitude (try to understand the reasons behind the rules)the place isn't really the flaming site you describe.

No hard feelings btw \o/

No probs 'Brian'. Ironically a LLaMa posting above (who's a decent fella, at least in his posts; no beef there) is asking in the LLaMa forum for an FM10 patch to include lower English leagues. Ironic, because if that was realised it would in all probability be a database created by an SI researcher who will upload it for us to download and add to the database.

Spot on Brian.

No probs 'Brian'. Ironically a LLaMa posting above (who's a decent fella, at least in his posts; no beef there) is asking in the LLaMa forum for an FM10 patch to include lower English leagues. Ironic, because if that was realised it would in all probability be a database created by an SI researcher who will upload it for us to download and add to the database.

Not at all. If SI would release an official patch with added leagues, we can use it. We don't use any unofficial patches though.

Whoever describe the LLaMa forum clan as a cult is bang on. I got flamed and my thread closed by a mod just for politely bringing up the topic of the competitions editor in FM10. No discussion even permitted. I wasn't telling them to use it; I was simply pointing out that there are many people who love managing lower league teams and will use the editor to go tiers lower than the leagues on the disk. Blasphemy for just mentioning it.

Anyway, my point is that there are many of us who will enjoy such campaigns and are excluded from their inner circle. In all probability we will vastly outnumber them. It would be nice to have a space in a forum - GQ? Editors' Hideaway? CSE? - where we can share and exchange experiences.

I completely agree. When I first inquired about rules, I found most of the posters to be rude and tactless. Here I was, eager to participate in their community and they pretty much made it known that it was THEIR community. They completely soured me in any sort of online participation with this game.

...and they pretty much made it known that it was THEIR community...

I'm willing to bet anything that that's not what was said.

There are stickies that have the words "read before posting". We expect anyone new and eager to be a part of the forum to read it so that they will know what the forum is about BEFORE posting. It's as simple as that really.

I completely agree. When I first inquired about rules, I found most of the posters to be rude and tactless. Here I was, eager to participate in their community and they pretty much made it known that it was THEIR community. They completely soured me in any sort of online participation with this game.

I just read that thread you are referring to:

some of the things you said in that thread about the posters;

"Thanks for the sensitivity"

"Matt, hey thanks for the great answers!"

"Thanks for the well wishes"

What do you mean "rude" "tactless"

:D

And btw: your thread was closed because of the tipping-hazard.

Don't take it personal.

I'm willing to bet anything that that's not what was said.

There are stickies that have the words "read before posting". We expect anyone new and eager to be a part of the forum to read it so that they will know what the forum is about BEFORE posting. It's as simple as that really.

Yes, I know that. And I read them. At the time, my questions were regarding things that were not expressly laid out in those stickies. Thank you very much.

I just read that thread you are referring to:

some of the things you said in that thread about the posters;

"Thanks for the sensitivity"

"Matt' date=' hey thanks for the great answers!"

"Thanks for the well wishes"[/i']

What do you mean "rude" "tactless"

:D

And btw: your thread was closed because of the tipping-hazard.

Don't take it personal.

And if I recall correctly, I made those comments after some of the rude and tactless people got their hands on me. There were a couple of helpful folks, sure. And if you don't understand what I mean by "rude" and "tactless", then I don't think there are other terms in which I can put it. As I said in my post in this thread - I found MOST of the posters to be that way. Not ALL.

This thread was meant to be about people who wanted to edit in lower levels. It's not about LLM and frankly there is an updates forum for those who don't like the rules for LLM, so I don't see the point in posting all this crap.

The LLM rules are quite clear and I frankly am amazed at the amount of people who can't think for themselves.

Anyway, I've had enough of all this bickering.

If you want to discuss whether you want to edit in other levels, then feel free to open another one because this thread is utterly cringeworthy.

Archived