FM2008 - Manchester City- Sven's Revolution (8.02)

coolbananas

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huntelaar is great but is a little slow. He managed an impressive 25 goals in the league in my first season.

However, now Adriano's in he may struggle to repeat that.

20m for Owen sounds great though.. I got quoted 30m+ when i tried for him so settled with Huntelaar.

Guys!

I cant believe it! Im in the Jan transfer window of my first season, top of the table with 4 points clear of chesea...

And Mr. Thaksin decides to accept a 16.75m bid from Spurs for Elano! Im devastated....

Any ideas who i can get for a replacement? Reading through here..looks like Diego or D'allesandro seem to be good choices icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Barkers:

i accepted about 4 diffrent bids from barcelon for elano end of first season and he turned them down everytime wanting more money.

he might stay with a bit of luck.

Exactly the same happened to me, After turning down a number of bids I eventually gave in with an offer of 30m. Pretty happy with the amount of money I swiftly got a replacement in, then he goes and rejects the contract. Overloaded in the AM position now icon_smile.gif

Guest caz1020

playing on 8.02. bought in huntelaar and he was doing great, 2-3 goals every game in pre season, 3 in 2 games in league...then broken femur!in january now and he's still got atleast a month until he's back in training. also elano had a fractured skull and so was has been injured for 3-4 months. Without those two ive lacked a real cutting edge, dominate teams in terms of possession/territory but struggle scoring.also really inconsistent, can go from battering arsenal 3-1 to losing to derby 1-0 next game. need a good elano back up!!

I am really enjoying my Man City save (even though I am United fan - probably will get shot now).

Just approaching January and lie 2nd, 2pts behind Chelsea and have taken 10 points from the 'supposed' big four. Wins at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Anfield included in that as well!

Told Thaskin I would get a Top Half Finish and have spent my money wisely:

Garay - formed an exceptional defensive partnership with Micah.

Makoun - slightly disappointing, constantly getting 6's so have been rotating with Gelson. Will probably offload if I can get Veloso.

Huntelaar - Top scorer at the moment but keeps getting little injuires.

Micah has been superb and netted 9 so far and have finally got Elano performing!

Looking to strengthen with a new GK and would love Akinfeev but will probably settle for Eneyema.

A new WBL - hopefully Bale

A new DMC - Veloso

A new AMR - Quagillara (sp)

A new AML - ALthough Petrov has been good will look to replace him - Any sugegstions?

sherwinjarv

Glad to hear your enjoying it.

For GK, if you want to spend elsewhere, keep faith in Joe Hart. I found him slightly inconsistent in the first season but.. i'm now in December 2009 and he's only conceded 14 goals in 23 games with an average rating of 7.38 icon14.gif

Iv used Gelson Fernandes from the start and he's great. Not spectacular but reliable and he always gets a 7 or an 8. His stats are imporving a lot now too. Veloso would be a fantadtic signing though.

Bale was out of my price range when i went in for him, Spurs wanted 25m so i settled with T.Taiwo, who's been in spectacular form.

For AMR, Have a look at Shaun Wright Philiips, picked him up from Chelsea reserves for 3.1m end of first season.

And for AML you could try Matias Fernandez, S.Downing, Angel Di Maria, Aquino (One for the future), J.Menez or Rosina.

Do i need another CB??

Man board sold Felipe for 10mil to milan icon_frown.gif he was playing amazingly! so annoying! and now i have Richards, Bellaid, Sakho and then Corluka can play there.then coming back from loan i have Rafael Forster and possibly could be alright Matthieu Saunier. who could if needed step in maybe for the odd small club game

but do think i should sign another great cb or spend my money elsewhere?

coming up to 4th season..

GK - Lloris/Delle

DL - Guilherme/Ball(trying to sell)

DR - Corluka/Rafinha

DC - Richards

DC - Bellaid/Sakho

DMC - Hamsik/Ducasse (trying to sell)

AMC - Elano/Johnson

MR - Jimenez/Hleb (Trying to Sell)

ML - Menez/Kalou(Trying to sell)/Petrov (Trying to sell)

FC - Guilherme/Bojinov (trying to sell)

FC - Sobis/Huntelaar

What do you guys think?

yeah hes playing well. just drawn CSKA moscow in semi final of Champions League so have a real hope of making the final but now Bellaid, Richards and Hamsik all suspended for the first leg!!! might be a bit stuck., corluka and Sakho at the back i think i should be okay but its just if one of those gets injured... hmm i need another quality CB

any recommendations?

Hi folks,

I'm starting my 4th season(2010-11) with Man City and was wondering if you guys can suggest any signings I need to 'strengthen' my squad? I have £45m to spend(maybe more with budget adjustment).

My honours so far are:

3x Premiership Winners

3x Smaller Cups

1x Champions League Winners (been to another final)

Here is my squad:

GK: Ustari, Agliardi

LWB: Marcelo, Taiwo

RWB: Rafinha, Corluka

CB: Steven Taylor, Samba

CB: Corluka, Colccini

AML: Matias Fernandez, Menez

MR: Belluschi, Pedro Leon

MC: Elano, Lulinha*

MC: Lucas, Crosas*, Ignacio Camacho*, Kehl(leaving)

MC: Diego, Kroos*

SC: Sobis, Briand, Bianchi, Sahar*

* = Hot prospects and wonderkids...

I know I should probably seel a striker due to the competition I have for that one spot. Sobis is ****ing brilliant and I don't want to sell him, being two footed helps massively in that lone role. He broke his leg last season and came back with a vengeance scoring goals against the big boys. My least favourite striker is Bianchi, his stats are godly but he seems lazy most of the time or just plain unable to put some easy shots away, I really like him but his inconsistency is going to cost him. Briand is a monster, everything I need in a lone striker. Sahar is brilliant too.

I don't know what to buy/sell to strengthen, I can attract Messi and some other big stars but I'd be blowing my full budget and don't know if it's worth it.

Suggestions welcome, thank you.

WOW im in love with this game omg,in my 2nd season on top of the league after 31 games and into the fa cup final against man utd,just played semi finals of champions league i drew with ac milan 1st leg it was away and they won 2-1 kaka to damn good ,2nd leg at home, elano has been out for 4 months and really missed him cause hes my top scorer ,im 0-1 down half time elano his fitness was 74 i brang him on at half time ,richards scores 54th min and we were total dominating them they couldnt touch the ball elano scores in the 82nd min ,ive never been so happy just over a game yelling out C'mon city,i rekon the whole street i live in heard me lol,we go into extra time locked at 2-1 ,stayed that way and went to peneltys i won 3-0 in shoot out HART saved all there penaltys,hes FB ,bring on barca in champs fianl,ill let you know how i get on,cheers PS im a man utd fan icon_biggrin.gif

Hi guys just started a new City save on 8.0.2. I said I'd finish in the top half and I've brought in quite a few players so I used all my transfer budget and I'm slightly over wage budget.

IN

J Lescott (£8.5 million)

C Samba (£2 million)

J Makoun (£9.75 million)

M Fernandez (£10.75 million)

R Sobis (£10.5 million)

A Arshavin (£6.75 million)

D Buononatte (£775k)

Just wondering which players you usually sell? Have transfer listed Mpenza, Jihai, Hamann, Ball, Vassell but no offers so far.

Also, how's Geovanni for you guys? And which youngsters become first-teeam material?

I've been trying out Jazzfusion's tactic after finishing 10th in the league in my first season with my own (built from scratch after reading up on a few things) tactic.

I'm matching most sides at home with a few wins and draws but away from home I concede so many. After trying to defend deeper and attack with a higher tempo, I find myself in the exact same position.

Example -- 5-0 Arsenal at half time icon_frown.gif

Is there any way to improve my defensive side away from home without completely nulifying my attacking threat? I mean I can simply adjust the mentality settings for my 2 DM's but i have a feeling this wont erradicate 5-0 scorelines.

just finshed my 2nd seaon and i think im gonna marry this game im in love ,i finished top on goal difference ,won the F.A cup ,and won the Champions league 4-2 win over Real madrid,so in other words ive done the TREBLE ,gettttttt innnnnnn,most success ive evr had on any manager game,and i have to thnak jazzfusion for his mastermind of a tactic ive been using for the whole 2 season untweaked you are a ledgend mate

Finished my 1st season this weekend, won the league and the League Cup. Get in! Had a massive turnaround of players and sold Makoun (34m), Corluka (17m), Bianchi (7.5M) and Dunne (5m) were my biggest sales. Cant believ I sold Makoun to Barcelona for 23m more than I paid. Brought in the following:

Eneyema - 450k

Maduro - 5.5m

Taiwo - 10m

Veloso - 22m

Dani Alves 37.5m

Guardado - 20.5m

Barnes - 4.1m

Giovinco - Loan

Barnetta - Free

Jimenez - 3.2m

Squad looks like this now:

GK - Hart/Eneyema

DC - Richards/Maduro

DC - Garay/Veloso

WBR - Dani Alves

WBL - Taiwo/Garrido

DMC - Veloso/Maduro/Fernandes

MC - Elano/Jimenez

MC - Johnson/Ireland

AMR - Boijnov/Ireland/Barnes/Barnetta

AML - Guardado/Giovinco/Petrov/Barnetta

FC - Huntelaar/Boijnov/Caicedo

Won 7 out of 7 so far in the second season!!!

FC

just finished my 2 season and i won EPL thanks to jazzfusion tactics icon_wink.gif

My team now is

GR:ustari/ issakson

WDR:Micah/Onuoha

WDL:Guilherme/garrido

DC:Zapata, Dunne/ Samba

MDC:Lucas/danny de zeuww, gelson

MC:Elano, Thiago neves/Lucas, De zeuww

AML:Petrov/matias/sergio mota

AMR:Matias/farfan/bojinov

FC:aguero/caicedo/saivet

In my 2 season aguero scored 45 in 30 and dunne scored 25 winning 3 place on the european golden boot icon_eek.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering how to make my city team stronger. Just starting the second season, but just looking for a little bit of advice. I don't download shortlists/tactics/training or use editor/scout etc, so don't go throwing names of South American wonderkids at me, just tell me where it needs stregthening. Also, has anyone else found the financial situation going down the tubes? I got into the UEFA cup in the first season, but it looks like I'll be a bit ****ed if i don't get into Champ League this season, even though I'm miles under the wage budget. Anyway:

GK: Ochoa, Hart

CB: Richards, Samba, Corluka, Fazio, Onuhua

CM: Veloso, Johnson, Makoun

RW: Elano, Menez, Bojinov

LW: Petrov, Menez

AMC: Diego, Luis Jimenez

FC: Fred, Bianchi, Liedson, Caicedo

Samaras is on loan at Olympiakos and doing well. Daniel 'The next Les Ferdinand' Sturridge, Ched 'The next John Charles' Evans, and Kasper Schmeichel are on loan in Scotland along with a host of other crap youngsters.

Then I've got some free loanees to act as cover and save Thaksin's money: Alexandre Song (CM), Matteo Brighi (MRC), Steven Pienaar (MRLC) and some guy called Prince Oniangue (sp) (DC).

What do you guys think? We've started very well and are in 2nd, with Bianchi being particuarly impressive.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Hi. I'm half way through my first season with City on 802. Chelsea have just enquired about Michael Johnson. So what I'm getting at is how good will he turn out and if I were to sell him, how much should I sell him for and what other young MC's are there to replace him.

Cheers. icon14.gif

How do guys.

Im City im first season (8.02 patch)

Playing a 433 attacking counter attacking formation and am 4th the the league jus behind Chelsea and quite a distance from the leading 2 (MAn Utd and Arsenal)

team at the moment is

Akinfeev (20 million)/Hart

Ball/Garrido (out for 8 months)

Dunne/Onuhua/Richards

Corluka/ Logan (short term loan at Charlton)

Fernandes/Hamann

Johnson

Elano/Ireland/Etuhu (on loan at Oldham)

Bojinov/Castillo/Vassell/Petrov (wing forwards)

Elmander (13 million) Benjani/ Caicedo/ Sturridge (on loan at Oldham)

Got Ched Evans back end of season though i will prob send him out on loan again along with Sturridge/Etuhu/logan and schmeichel

Signed Yussef Aiyla for 6mill coming at the end of the season.

Anyway im looking to boost my numbers (for champs league) in the window my strikers are not a problem but im thinking i need

New LB - incase Garrido doesnt recover

New CM - Johnson back up

AMR - prob sell VAssell

AML - Not sure if i should pick up castillo

Any realistic options out there?

Kuzmonovic went to Arsenal at the start of the game and has been class for them.

Ive decided against the Castillo deal but havnt decided on the replacement as of yet though Barnes is a tempting option.

Benjani has scored 21 goals in 22 starts so and Elmander 25 in 24

Caicedo 9 goals in 3 starts (loads of sub though)

Im thinking about gettin rid of Benji though cos ill struggle to get any money for him after this season.

Young promising strikers, been cheking aguero, benzema (dnt fancy my chances) huntenlaar,Soldardo Lorente and a few others.. not concidering Altidore due to his temprement and jo due to a poor past experience.

Any thoughts?

Vassell will be off soon but ive lost out on bringing back SWP and Cani has become my number 1 target along with Navas

Just started my first season and things are going great. My first game against Chelsea had us winning 3-1 and the goal against us was an own goal. The defence just seemed to open for Benjani and that lucky guy just slotted them in. I play like this:

Benjani/Caicedo

Petrov/Bojinov Elano/Caicedo Cani/Bojinov

Johnson Fernandes

Garrido Corluka Dunne Richards

Lloris

Ended my first season in forth.

Lost out to United in the semi's of both cups... But did the double over the scum in the league.

Added: Hugo Lloris - Van der Vart - SW - Phillips - Klass Jan - Snar.

second season five games in and looking okay ish, brought Collochini (Spelling) in he's a good CD or DM. Purchased him incase Dunne or Richards decide to leave.

All is going okay I'd say. Enjoyin' it and really wanting to get some cup glory!

• 4 weeks later...

finally found this thread lol!

Just finished 1st season and I have played 10 league games of 2nd season. I lost my 1st game ( A to Chelsea and after that went unbeaten the hole season (in the league) and 10 games into 2nd season when I finally lost to Newcastle (A 1:0) to some dubious penalty decision.

I won both cups in 1st season, knocking out ManU in both semis and Newcastle in both finals and won the Community Shield thanks to Cechs-s error in last minute of extra time, lol

I do feel kinda cheating because of corners icon_razz.gif Samba flicking the ball and Richards attacking near post + Corluka challenging the keeper, Petrov got close 40 assists and both Richards and Samba scored over 10 goals + other CB-s scored too from corners. My record so far is scoring 7 games in a row from corners icon_razz.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Coolbananas im starting a new game today so far i have been playing with chelsea up until season 2014/2015 but now bored so want to see wot i can do with man city, i dont want to sign the kakas and the drogbas i want grat but different players any suggestion where i need to strength first? just loaded it up and also wots a reasonable target for the season? top half finish or euro spot? all suggestions welcome

Archived