FM2008 - Manchester City- Sven's Revolution (8.02)

coolbananas

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jazzfusion:

Wow Fred was a bargain icon_cool.gif

he's done shag all so far ha ha. 2 goals in 7 games. hopefully hes just adjusting to the premiership. hes having plenty of shots but they are not going in.

shoudl finish the 1 season off 2nite. have got Man Utd in the semis of the fa cup which will be tricky and a im currently 4th in the league, 2 points ahead of liverpool.

Hello everyone seem to be having a hell of a lot of trouble as man city at the moment, im 7th in the leauge ( don't let that fool you) no idea how, everyone else but be awful, i've given up hope this season but looking forward to next season.

\http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5922/57927729fe5.jpg

Heres my team i seem to be leaking goals left right and centre. Any ideas on how to sure up the defence

Also on a related topic, can anyone help me download and save tactics im on vista and its not letting me download and save the tactics too Football manager any help on any of these topic will be very helpful thank you.

Originally posted by Latham:

Cool bananas-just a thought, but how did you manage to beat chelsea 4-0 and 5-1 and also manage to get wright phillips on loan. I've not known anyone to ever see him on loan. Bit of cheating going on there eh?

Latham in the 8.0.2 patch it is easy to get wright-phillips on loan =]

Originally posted by kamikaze_josh:

Started a game as Man City using Jazzfusions tactic, worked well in the first season. Managed to finish 3rd behind Chelsea and Arsenal. Also lost in the League Cup final to Arsenal. Highlights were beating United 3-2 in FA Cup with two stoppage time goals and beating Chelski 7-3 at the Bridge to end their unbeaten run of 40+ games. Just started my second season and unbeaten so far in the league after 5 games and through to the group stages of the Champions League after beating Panathanaikos 8-0 on aggregate in qualifying round. I still can't get many big players to sign though and all of my best players want to leave! Just about to play first game in group stages of champions league away at Bayern. Thanks for the tactic Jazzfusion!

Happy to help =)

hi im in my first season here is my squad just wondering how i can improve,improve my formation and any possible signings espescially a replacement for giovani, ireland , a new lb and possibly another striker heres my team;

----------Lloris------------

Onuhoa-Richards-Dunne-Garrido

----------Fernande----------

Ireland----------------Petrov

------Elano----Giovanni-----

-----------Briand----------

Im just about to have a go at jass fusions tactic, should i buy makoun or veloso and i am thinking of buying hunteelar is he any goood????,plz relpy and give any improvements plz

Originally posted by clonabanjo:

Finished season 1

Massive Success all down to Jazz Fusions amazing Tac.

Won the Premiership

Top Scorer Sergio Aguero fantastic Goal machine with a Massive 83 Goals in just 48 Games.

And thats with no cheating.

Its mainly due to the rubbish sides in the FA Cup.

He scored 21 Cup goals in 11 games.

An amazing Premiership goal scoring record with 63 goals in 38 games.

Best Players

Sergio Aguero

82982101uj1.th.jpg

How much did you buy aguero for???, on 8.02???

dexta200

Got a good squad there. Reckon you should be able to launch a title bid with that atleast. My 2 bits:

GK - Lloris is class. You dont have any other backups that I can see though. Are any of Delle, Schmeichel, Hart ready yet? Do you still have the latter two? If you dont have atleast one more keeper who's good enough to take over from Lloris, then thats the first thing you gotta look at. Who you should buy depends really. Sometimes Gordon, Ustari, Amelia are all available cheapish because their teams either suck or get relegated. Check on them. Else try to look around for a good GK who you can get for 10-15M (also depends on your budget).

LB - Fine here with Guilherme & Vermaelen.

RB - Fine. Corluka, Richards, Rafinha, Onuoha. More than enough.

CB - You've got some good ones. Richards & Felipe are class. Vermaelen is good. Corluka can play there. Sell Dunne I think. Too old now. Might want to get one more good quality CB here but not really that important. Djourou, Jonny Evans, Pique, Albiol or even a youngster like Cahais or Araujo (if they've developed well) would do.

DM - Hamsik is great. Ducasse is good. Richards & Vermaelen can play here. You're good here too.

CM - Fine here with Elano, Jimenez, Johnson, Hleb.

Wings - Menez is class. Not sure if Jiminez is the best choice for a winger though. Might want to get someone in for the right wing. Giles Barnes is bloody awesome there trust me. And he's English too. Else just shift Elano there and put Jiminez as AMC. Or maybe play Rafinha there but I wouldnt as he's better at running on the flank and crossing the ball, not cutting inside.

ST - This is where you need some investment to become a title winning team and CL winning team. Huntelaar is good ofcourse. Bojinov, Stancu, Guilherme are all decent but not great. I'd recommend selling atleast 2 of them off and getting another quality striker in. There are so many around that I wont bother recommending one. Also, wont know who'll cost what really.

Recommend you sell some of the players to thin down your squad a bit. Gelson Fernandez, Michael Ball, Richard Dunne can all go imo. As can Bojinov & either Stancu or Guilherme. Sell the youngsters out on loan ofcourse. Surely Saivet isnt ready yet? Send him on loan if you think he's coming up well. He'll get lots of first-team football there and when he returns next season, he's be AWESOME! I do this with Vela quite often. He's out on loan in season 1 anyway. When he gets back, I send him again as he's poor till this time. When he gets back in season 3 as well, he's good enough to start a few games but I still usually send him out on loan. This time I mostly attract loan bids from big clubs like Juventus, Fiorentina, Valencia etc and he's get to play with top players, top training facilities and everything and gets LOTS of games. When he returns in season 4, he's a bloody monster. Might work with Saivet too. Good luck with your game. icon14.gif

Originally posted by Jazzfusion:

Cassani?

He's more of a right back than a left back. Also no bloodt striker wants to come either. Jesus who does want to come to bloody Man City in the game?

Briand not interested, Augero says no. Who else can i get? Thinking of playong Elano up there or just keeping Benjani.

thanks alot hulk. apprciate it. i've still got schmeichal and Hart, and Lloris got injured last season but i had isaksson to cover but he's off because i didnt renew his contract could get ustari for 4.1m so will go for him. Lloris has been awesome though so don't want anyone who will take his place.

i'm bidding for Zapata at the moment.

and Jimenez won players player playing MR and Elano has been sensational AMC so its working i might swap it round see what happens.

ive sold Stancu to watford trying to sell Bojinov and bidding for Cavani, Gignac, Fred and Sobis amongst others.

Do you think 13mil for Sobis is a good price?

oh and yeah Marin, Piatti, Saivet, Sakho and the rest of them i am probably going to send them out on loan just this season they came back early for some reason so i was just giving them sub appearances in my last few games.

Originally posted by dexta200:

right now im not sure what to do, got a very interesting offer....

Newcastle bid Obafemi Martins and 30% sell on fee for Piatti

Would he be a good enough striker??

Dexta any chance of posting that tactic of yours up here? It's not in the tactic section no more.

dexta200

That is a tempting offer but I dont think I'd take it. If they gave you 5-7M along with that then yes. Otherwise no. Martins is quick as hell but cant do much else very good. So I'd leave that alone as you need a striker who's better than Huntelaar (which Martins is not).

Out of the ones you're bidding for, drop Gignac right away. Not good enough imo. Cavani is a bloody magician! Fred is very good too although not as good as the last patch. Not tried Sobis much in the game but iirc his finishing & composure were not that high. But still people say that he's a goal machine. I wont make any assertions of him though. I'd say go for either of Fred or Cavani (Cavani personally but thats only because he was one of the good strikers who was not snotty enough to say "no" to my Derby team in season 2 itself! I love him for that!! And the fact that he's a goal machine!). You could also try Rossi, Pazzini, Briand (if he's developed by now), Van Persie (sometimes goes for about 20M or so. Bargain!), Bendtner. Oh and there's also Mr. Aguero!

Zapata I wont comment on because everyone knows how good he is.

Sell the guys you've mentioned. If you're selling Petrov, you might want a new LM instead. Look at Guardado for that. AWESOME!

Now just need to get players in. No one wants to join. Need left back and striker me thinks after buying a goalie

You bought Lloris didnt you? How much more you got to spend on the LB & ST??

For LB I'll HIGHLY recommend Gonzalo Pineda. Will only cost you 2-3M and is quality that man. Wonderful player. He goes quick though so snap him up asap. I bought him for Derby and by Jan every major team was after him. If not him, try for Traore. He's usually cheap at the start. Guilherme is another option. See if Nicolas Burdisso is interested in coming to you. Tremendous defender he is and can play anywhere across the back. Can be bought for 13-15M at the start as well. Great buy that. Also, Maxwell from Inter again. Goes for 15M odd I think but is better at AML/ML than LB.

For ST, try Cavani for about 9M I think. Great ST. Fred is cheap at the start of the game so is very much an option. 13M odd for him. Huntelaar is a great striker too. Pazzini is cheap at the start and is a VERY good ST. Also have a look at Ikechukwe Uche from Getafe. Got a release clause of 10M and bangs the goals in he does.

Cheers Hulk. yeah the reason i have bid for sobis is because i cant attract Pazzini, Aguero etc..

Aguero they want 39m which i cant get down everytime i try less they go higher, but i doubt he would want to anyway.

i've put bids in for Pazzini, Van Persie, Briand and Rossi. but doubt i will get any other tthan Briand but he only has a CA of 156 and PA of 170 which is no better than Guilherme (Wonderkid) or Huntelaar.

Bendtner i'm never keen on.

just bidding and bidding to see what price they want for these players then i will ask for your advice on who to get cheers.

Well i think this is the perfect replacement for Petrov... Kalou on a Free??

Originally posted by dexta200:

right now im not sure what to do, got a very interesting offer....

Newcastle bid Obafemi Martins and 30% sell on fee for Piatti

Would he be a good enough striker??

right i jus sed for a laugh 10m more. and they said yes

so now the offer stands at 10m 30% sell on and martins for piatti!!!

Well i think this is the perfect replacement for Petrov... Kalou on a Free??

Yep, that'll go VERY nicely indeed. Next season, sell high off for a nice profit and get in someone even better!

right i jus sed for a laugh 10m more. and they said yes

so now the offer stands at 10m 30% sell on and martins for piatti!!!

DAMN! I think that does it for me. I'd be VERY tempted now and I think I might just take it tbh. Piatti isnt going to figure in your first team anytime soon anyway. And you ARE looking for a striker. DANG! Tell you what. Delay it till you can. Do scout reports on all the strikers you can think of that you fancy getting. You'll have plenty of scouts with you so just give them all 4 each at max so they come back with results in a day or two. Even if the scouts are bad, they'll still tell you accurately whether the player wants to join or not. Remove the ones who dont want to join from your shortlist and the ones who're interested, get a scout report on them by your best scout. He *should* be able to get you an approximate price for them. If not, then try bidding anyway and see where you get. If you cant get any good strikers, then accept that Martins deal I think. But if Cavani is willing to come and he costs anything upto 15-17M then get him. MUCH better than Martins.

for Amuari but the price quoted is £20 mill or so. Need to get someone in a bit cheaper. I have around 50 odd Mill left for attacker and left back. Don't think i need any other position for man city at the start.

Amauri is a brilliant striker mate. I'd take him for 20M. You've 50M left and only need to spend it on 2 players. So that'll leave you with 30M to spend on a LB. Just take it. Amauri is awesome.

right... Cavani 23.75mil is what they want.

the Sobis deal came up and i did what you said about the scouting with the players and they say sobis is a quality player, only one who got good was briand, the rest quality, but for 13mil Sobis looks good and means i should be able to get a top defender too.

Martins would be a good signing according to my scout but i'm just wondering what about if i keep Piatti and play him some games surely i could get more? may ask newcastle for 25m??

I hate offers like this never know what to do! because you just think can you get more but 9 time out of 10 you dont get an offer as good as the one you turned down again..

finished season 1 in 4th place and beat newcastle 1-0 to take home the fa cup.

Have had trouble with people wanting to buy all my better players and them wanting leave icon_frown.gif

Lloris was first to go im afraid to say. cost me 14mil but millan bid 30mil and the board accepted. have brought in ustari at 4.1 (release clause) as a replacment with hart as back up. Dunne was the next one that wanted to go and was sold to everton for 12mil. Bought lescott for 10mil as a replacment. Also signed giles barnes for about 9mil.

Bianchi has retured from loan and i was thinking about keeping him as i havent got any other bug strikers. does he do ok?

turned down bids of 20 mil plus dos santos from barca for elano twice. think i might accept next time.

end of season table:http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/endofseason1.jpg

end of season stats: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/endofseasonstats.jpg

hope i can improve this season icon_smile.gif

right... Cavani 23.75mil is what they want.

the Sobis deal came up and i did what you said about the scouting with the players and they say sobis is a quality player, only one who got good was briand, the rest quality, but for 13mil Sobis looks good and means i should be able to get a top defender too.

Martins would be a good signing according to my scout but i'm just wondering what about if i keep Piatti and play him some games surely i could get more? may ask newcastle for 25m??

I hate offers like this never know what to do! because you just think can you get more but 9 time out of 10 you dont get an offer as good as the one you turned down again..

No luck with Rossi & Van Persie? If not, then I suppose go for Sobis. I'm sure he'll be good anyway. And 13M is not a huge investment in the game. Get him and maybe you can get a better striker next season. 23M is too much for Cavani. Have you tried offering like 15M? See if they accept that. If you play Piatti you'll get a LOT of money for him. He's class that kid. I had him for Derby and was rejecting offers from everyone over 20M after 1 season. I got offered Dos Santos + 13M + 30% sell on by Barca. Ofcourse, me being better than the stupid AI happily accepted. Only problem was that Dos Santos told me to shove any contract offers I might have for him! icon_frown.gif

ahh yeah okay i got Sobis. as you say only 13m and i can improve next season but i was talking to some one and he was highly recommended by him so see how it goes.

yeah bid every million from 10 up to 20 for cavani.

and na nothing less than 25 for rvp and rossi and i dont really want to spend that. just bidding for DC's now

Udinese have been rejecting bids of 15m for Zapata so not sure if i want to go higher. but then again there isn't too much choice when your man city! he is probably the only one on the interested list who is better or as good as richards and felipe so not sure what to do

both only have Pa's of 164 and nordtveit the better of the two CA of 134 which is no better than my reserves... Sakho, Saunier, Forster, Schwechlen or Spence. so not much point in them.

getting annoyed with the high asking prices now Udinese want 32.5m for Zapata :O:O:O. Whats going on!?!

i've put bids in for Pique, Breno, Kompany, Naldo, Veloso and Gamberini not sure if any would come though.

would Veloso be good DC? because i have Hamsik already at DMC

Nope, Veloso is not that good at DC although can do a job if you really need him to. But wont buy him for that position. Try Coloccini. He's a good CB. Check out this chap called Habib Bellaid. Develops into a great CB. And dont always go on PA's dude. See the players stats and do scout reports and see what you think. PA dont mean too much because a player can be world-class if he develops in the right areas.

Bellaid

i just put a bid in for him. looks good

i turned FMM off because im getting annoyed by dismissing players due to PA as you say lol.

Coloccini is at Liverpool and just signed for them.

Kompany they want 22mil!! Gamberini 19m plus Felipe!!! Pique 29m!! what is going on!

Veloso is out of my price range anyway.

Never Seen these players cost sooo much!

ill look at Bellaid. any others you can think of mate?

ill look at Bellaid. any others you can think of mate?

Umm, dont know if I've mentioned him but Djourou is a good CB. Tall and great in the air.

Cristoph Metzelder has a release clause of about 10M or so at the start at Madrid. Check if he still does. Good player but injury prone. Check if Raul Albiol will come to you. Usually signs a contract with a 15M odd release clause. Worth it at that price. You could also try Mathieu Bodmer. Very much like Veloso only better at CB than Veloso I think. But he probably wont be interested anyway. Nicolas Burdisso is a great CB and great in the air. Cheap at the start but will probably become more expensive as the game wears on. What about David Luiz? He might be available at a resonable rate and is very good.

Archived