FM2008 - Manchester City- Sven's Revolution (8.02)

coolbananas

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Stoke Peej:

i've downloaded the tatic, what programme do i need to open it?

Thanks!

None, just put it in the tactics folder. It should be in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > Tactics

Then you just need to open the tactic in FM08 by going to the tactics screen then clicking the 'tactic' button and then 'edit tactic' - should be there.

Just Won title with 4 games to spare, also won league against arsenal 1-0.

Best results so far were 4-0 against chelsea and 5-1 against chelsea.

heres the table:

citywintitledv1.png

And heres my tactic greatfully created by JazzFusion:

tacticscityoy8.png

Richards usually plays thought id change about a bit seeing as ive already won icon_razz.gif

Yeah heres the squad thanks again for the tactic worked great without any tweaking.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1721/citylm5.png

And just in case thers is any problems with the above images heres the direct links.

Table:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3615/citywintitledv1.png

Tactics:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/609/tacticscityoy8.png

just started my man city campaign using jazzfusions tactic seeing as coolbanannas had such great sucess with it, won all of my freindlies bar one a 1-1 draw with schalke. just had my first premiership game against west ham and it was not lookin good as we went 2-0 down in the first 6 minutes but we managed to turn things around and win 3-2 thanks to a double from petrov and one from richards.

Could anybody recomend a good dm i have tryed for veloso but he is not interested, and also a good left wing back?

cheers peeps!

Originally posted by JawKam:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

scr114da1d7iz0.th.jpg

Started a new game last night. currently 3rd after 10 games 7 behind Chelsea though. Micah currently my top scorer!! but Elano is an actual genius! loving it at the moment!! proper enjoyment!

when michael johnson's back, do you put him as the banega position or elano position? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've retrained him to play AMC but only back up atm, occasionally put him MR but hes not playing very well just signed Ducasse to replace Banega when he goes back to Valencia.

coming up to end of the 1st Season and im 3rd 7 points off top. 7games to go! just switched to Newcastle Tactic see if i can get the wins i need!

started a new game as city last night.

took peoples advice and signed lloris as my keeper. he has been great but wasnt cheap at 14mil, suppose moneys no object though.

Also brought in Jean II Makoun and pierre wome as lb.

used wwfan tt & f (i think) guide to set up my tactics where i have gone 4-1-4-1. as you will see from the table ive been pretty solid in defence but havnt been getting many goals.

Will be looking for a new striker in the january window as at the moment im using caicedo or ched evans. dont like benjani and will be looking to ship him out. have got 17mil to spend and will be looking to get a british striker as i feel ive got to many overseas playes in my team.

Table as at december:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/mancitydectable.jpg

Results so far:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g151/barkers01/mancityresultsdec07.jpg

worst thing is now i can play until about 6pm this evening icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by ballinisahabit:

just started my man city campaign using jazzfusions tactic seeing as coolbanannas had such great sucess with it, won all of my freindlies bar one a 1-1 draw with schalke. just had my first premiership game against west ham and it was not lookin good as we went 2-0 down in the first 6 minutes but we managed to turn things around and win 3-2 thanks to a double from petrov and one from richards.

Could anybody recomend a good dm i have tryed for veloso but he is not interested, and also a good left wing back?

cheers peeps!

You may want to try defending 2 notches deeper when playing against a fast striker - Bellamy was probably playing, right?

As for a DM try Makoun

I've offered him a contract but i doubt he'll come to me as i have competition from the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Inter, Milan (basically all the top clubs).Hopefully i can get him as like you said i could probably get £30 mil for him after second season.

i gotta go out for a few hours report back then.

yep bellamy was playing and he scored one with ljungberg getting the other.

yep thats who i bought makoun and hes doing really well. doing really well in the league aswell currently sittin in second on 19 points with man utd. played 8 won 6 drew 1 lost 1. next match is arsenal who are on top of the league and havent conceded a single goal hopefully i can put a few past them.

makoun was doinf really well for me till he got a torn groin on international duty.

Currently going with:

Lloris

M Richards Corluka Dunne Wome

Fernandes

Ireland Elano Johnson Petrov

Caicedo

have tried playing elano in about 3 diffrent positions. wide right, lone striker and now cm. have made him my playmaker etc hoping to get him involved a bit more.

will deffo be looking to increase my attacking prowess when i get home. 20 goals in 16 games is not great so someone who canm play as a lone striker is a must.

Uploading Screenshots:

1. Take screenshot of tactics with the printscreen button (Prt Sc next to f12 on most keyboards)

2. Paste the image in Paint (Ctrl+V) and save it.

3. Go to a site like Imageshack and upload it ( using the Browse button on the site)

4. Copy the Direct link to image and paste it in your reply.

Thast probably the easiest way, hope this helps. icon_wink.gif

Started a Citeh Game.

Got £71m budget

Signings

Ins

Liedson £7.5m

Jeremy Mathieu £5m

Andrey Arshavin £7.5m

Joleon Lescott £10m

Christopher Samba £1m

Jean II Makoun £10m

Sergio Aguero £30m

Shaun Wright Phillips Loan

Guilherme £5m (Striker from Cruzeiro)

Outs

Vedran Corluka £10m

Kelvin Etuhu £5m

Shaleum Logan £2.5m

Steven Ireland £5.25m

Using Jazz Fusions Tactic

Starting XI

GK Hart

LWB Lescott

CB Dunne

CB Samba

RWB Richards

CDM Makoun

AMR Arshavin

MC Arshavin

MC Elano

AML Petrov

ST Aguero

Backup XI

GK Isaksson

LWB Ball

CB Mathieu

CB Saiwawe (SP)

RWB Onouha

CDM Johnson

AMR Caicedio

MC Fernandes

MC Geovanni

AML Bojinov

ST Liedson

Well ive got an easy start at least.

United at City of Manchester stadium

Could people rate my signings and squad.

IMO that team is capable of a top 4 Finish which is my target.

I built a tactic using Croats 442 as the base its been great, scoring lots from corners aswell

Richard Dunne Played 10 Scored 8!!!!

tho if i play anyone else in dunnes spot they still score a very decent amount for a defender but no-one scores like dunney!

I'll post screenies and stuff later, at work at the mo.

And will definatley give your tactic a go jazzfusion

Originally posted by Yoobastid:

I built a tactic using Croats 442 as the base its been great, scoring lots from corners aswell

Richard Dunne Played 10 Scored 8!!!!

tho if i play anyone else in dunnes spot they still score a very decent amount for a defender but no-one scores like dunney!

I'll post screenies and stuff later, at work at the mo.

And will definatley give your tactic a go jazzfusion

Great, let me know how you get on.

Tried jazzfusions tactic with QPR in the prem, and just gave Southampton a beating with a 6-0 win! Thanks jazz, looks like a good tactic! I did change one thing with ten minutes to go and that was making the MC's AMC's. In those ten minutes it then went from 3-0 to 6-0.

Originally posted by Jazzfusion:

I've been using a tactic I made in 8.0.1 and am crushing teams at home.

Newcastle home

I am very average away from home though - though last season I wasn't so bad. Try lowering your defensive line and upping the tempo a little away from home.

I've been wanting someone to try it out tbh... so give it a go icon_cool.gif

Here's the tactic. I will try and get it uploaded to another site.

i'm abot to post a thread in the tactics forum, so feel free to come and support that thread ;D

january transfer window just closed and managed to bag myself Fred from lyon for 6.2mil! was amazed as i had payed 31mil for him in another save with valencia. he had only played 1 game for lyon and was on the trasfer list by request.

currently 5th in the table 1 point behid liverppol in fourth. utd and arsenal have run away with the title. think they are 10 in front of anyone at this stage. happy to get a european place and strengthen again next season.

19 games in and going sensationally.

16 Wins

1 Draw

2 Losses

49 Points

4 behind the leaders Arsenal.

Best players so far.

Samba Played 22 Scored 12 Ave Rating 7.68

Elano Played 23 Scored 11 Assisted 8 Ave Rating 7.65

Petrov Played 21 Scored 7 Assists 14 Ave Rating 7.62

Johnson Played 22 Scored 3 Assists 3 Ave Rating 7.59

And Valon Behrami is coming in Jan for £7.5m

Its looking good.

Where should i buy?

currently in Champions League places. finished 4th 1st season and now got Palermo in knockouts of Champions League. My Team:

GK - Lloris

DR - Corluka/Rafinha

DL - Guilherme/Vermaelen

DC - Richards

DC - Felipe/Dunne/Sakho

DMC - Hamsik/Fernandes/Ducasse

AMC - Elano/Johnson

MR - Jimenez/Hleb

ML - Menez/Petrov

FC - Guilherme/Bojinov

FC - Huntelaar/Stancu

Funds at the moment only 7m but im pretty sure i will get more soon enough, i feel i need a new striker but who??

Also have Onuoha, Ball, Caicedo and Isaksson

Then coming through Fleck, Piatti, Aquino, Spence, Forster, Schwechlen, Edwards, Saivet, Pjanic, Marin, Bostock, Thiago, Faraoni.

Also do Sturridge, Etuhu, Nimely or Evans ever become good enough to break into a team of world class players?

Originally posted by coolbananas:

Man City Are just amazing,

Coming up to december topping the table by 3 points and haven't lost yet.

Best result so far:

mancitybestresultdl7.png

Team Just run Chelsea all over the place with Caicedo leading the way by getting 3 and 61st min sub Huntelaar getting 1.

So far So good, keep everyone informed.

KUTGW!!!

btw where did you get the kits from???

Finished season 1

Massive Success all down to Jazz Fusions amazing Tac.

Won the Premiership

Top Scorer Sergio Aguero fantastic Goal machine with a Massive 83 Goals in just 48 Games.

And thats with no cheating.

Its mainly due to the rubbish sides in the FA Cup.

He scored 21 Cup goals in 11 games.

An amazing Premiership goal scoring record with 63 goals in 38 games.

Best Players

Sergio Aguero

82982101uj1.th.jpg

Martin Petrov

67039076hn8.th.jpg

The LW position seems god like in Jazz's Tactic.

Michael Johnson

80758411vo9.th.jpg

Elano

54149269fa1.th.jpg

Christopher Samba

94707323cm4.th.jpg

Premiership Table

23423784ox0.th.jpg

Overrall my views are Jazz Fusion is god.

2008/2009 Season

I got a budget of £40M

Signings

Ins

Taiwo £13.75m

Dani Alves £42m

Vanden Borre £13.75m

Gordon £13m

Outs

Bianchi £7M

Ched Evans £7m

Bojinov £5m

Wijnaldum Loan

Lescott £10m

1st XI

GK Gordon

LWB Taiwo

CB Richards

CB Samba

RWB Alves

CDM Makoun

LAM Petrov

CM Elano

CM Johnson

RAM Behrami

ST Aguero

Rest of Squad

Hart

Isaksson

Mathieu

Dunne

Onouha

Vanden Borre

Sturridge

Arshavin

Guilherme

Wijnaldum

Caicedio

Liedson

I believe that the 1st team has been improved massively with Alves and Taiwo in the wing back positions and Gordon improves the Goalie position.

And the strength in depth in depth has improved.

I believe that side can easily win the league.

Archived