Tutoring Tips: Please write

This is where anyone can easily find, write or read about tutoring

I don`t know much so I`m leaving the writing part to you

You don`t have to answer this but I need a quick answer if you`re interested

I have a very good young player and I want to tutor him but I don`t know if he would like to be tutored from a player not much greater than him: what`s your suggestion? Team:Besiktas Player: Batuhan Karadeniz

Tutoring is the focus of my latest save. I can't claim to be an expert on how this works, but I've made one key observation: It's best to tutor young players with senior players who have similar hidden stats and determination (i.e., the stats that can be improved via tutoring) Firstly, they're more likely to get along (it doesn't matter how much of a better player the tutor is, only those key personality stats). Secondly, improvements are more likely to happen and happen faster.

As an example, say you have three strikers. Two of them are senior players with a determination stat of 20 and 15 respectively. The third striker is a young player with a determination of 10. Tutoring the youth player with the senior player with a determination of 20 is less likely to produce dramatic increases in the determination of the student than if you designated the striker with a 15 determination. So my current approach is tutor the youth with the second striker until he obtains a determination of 15, then begin tutoring the youth with first striker until he reaches a determination of 20.

The same principle seems to apply to the other Personality stats, but without using an editor our scout it's hard to know what those are. The best you can do is make an educated guess based upon the in-game description of the players' Personality and their reaction to in-game events.

Here are some of my tutoring observations:

a) Determination

Tutoring a player with a tutor with lower determination tends to lower his own determination to match his mentor's. Similarly, tutoring a player with a with a tutor with higher determination will raise his own determination, the max being the tutor's own determination level.

b) PPMs

Tutoring is the easiest way to pass down 'desirable' PPMs. While stuff like Places Shots, and Likes to Beat Offside Trap can be learned via training, some rare PPMs like Curls Balls cannot. The only chance for a young player to pick it up is to be tutored by a tutor who has the skill.

c) Personality

Most certainly, good tutoring has the impact of shaping a player's personality and after looking at what hidden attributes there are via Genie scout, there is a direct correlation. The obvious one is determination whereby a young player who gains more determination via tutoring sees his own personality change towards becoming a determined player.

Another one where there is an obvious impact is professionalism. Successful tutoring of a young player by a tutor who is professional can raise his own professional trait. This is a hidden stat but you will be able to notice the change when you see the player's personality description change towards the professional description.

What I have not conclusively observed however is whether consistency, resistance to pressure and big match mentality can be tutored into a player. I suspect this is possible since professionalism is already impacted. Would certainly like to here from other people who have more conclusive results as this will raise the value of consistent and high pressure tolerance mentors profoundly. It will also determine whether high potential youngsters with poor mental traits can be 'saved' via tutoring and to what extent.

If the young player is personally better in a way, would you still tutor him?

It depends and is part of the decision you have to make as a manager. Perhaps you'd be willing to trade off temperment for more professionalism, but not willing to sacrafice determination for ambition. It also depends how much worse the tutor is in that stat. If the difference is very large then I suspect there is less risk of the stat lowering much (similar to stat increases), but it likely will still drop some. Also if it's only a point or two, it might be worth the trade off. Lastly, if I have another tutor I can have the young player learn from next who can help boost that stat back up the risk is smaller in the end.

I usually aim to maximize Determination while having good Amibition and Professionalism statistics. For the latter two, I can settle for 14+. I also prefer to avoid very low temperments to avoid problems in the squad.

What I have not conclusively observed however is whether consistency, resistance to pressure and big match mentality can be tutored into a player. I suspect this is possible since professionalism is already impacted. Would certainly like to here from other people who have more conclusive results as this will raise the value of consistent and high pressure tolerance mentors profoundly. It will also determine whether high potential youngsters with poor mental traits can be 'saved' via tutoring and to what extent.

My observations so far indicate that consistency and big match stats are not trainable via tutors, but rather increase naturally over time like most stats through game experience subject to the players potential. So you can expect high potential youngsters to improve in those areas naturally. Ability to handle pressure can be tutored.

"consistency and big match"

Here it is reasonable to assume that these improve according to how much appropriate match experience they get. Playing every U18 game wont increase the big match att. Playing the kid in a real big match (as sub) will - if he does well. The risk is putting him out of his depth could have the opposite effect. It's all part of managerial judgement and risk-taking.

Just wanted to add

This is from another thread called "You asked SI answered"

"have heard crouchy that

Ideal role model = learns PPM's tutors hidden stats and some mental stats

Approach to game = PPM's and some mental stats

can learn from = PPM's only

dont no if this is 100% true but this is what i was told by Hopey"

And

"Ideal role model - I want you to be this mans shadow. Do as he does. Eat what he eats... become this man!

Approach to game - Follow what he does during matches and training. Learn things from him that will add to your own game, given you're similar types of players.

Can learn from - This guy has a few skills that I'd like you to learn, because they will add to your own game."

Also wanted to add that learning PPM's, focus the player to increase faster in the relevant stat so for example PPM of place shoot will make the player increase Finishing skill faster - from that I think it is safe to say that if you tutor a player with a player with PPM place shoots as well as have his training set for very high shooting - you should see very fast increase to that young players finishing stat

i ask a question about ppm

how i can get "tries trick"?

My guess (mind you it is only a gues) would be the PPM "dribble down the middle/right flank/left flank" whichever is relevant to that players position

Sorry, wrong MM1. Tries tricks and the other 'hidden' PPMs are not actually hidden. They were never coded into the game. In other words, they don't do anything.

Thanks phnompenhandy and apologies dezooner - like I wrote was only a guess

• 6 months later...
Normally a new sequence could be started ca a year after the last period was started.

Cheers for the reply1 Means that you have to be quite careful with who you are using to tutor then - and start at a young age!

I also have another question, regarding improving players personalities, as i've been finding it hit and miss with some players. For ambitious or fairly ambitious players, what woud be the best personality to be tutored with?

http://bildr.no/view/561321 <- Just to show that tutoring works really well and can be extremely powerfull.

Im in the beginning of my 5th season and have probably conducted over 100 tutoring sessions and only had a handful of fall outs/personality clashes. Those clashes seems to be random though.

My reserves and youth team looks alot the same, determined, professional and resolute. Just waiting for my first perfectionist and model citizen ;p

Normally a new sequence could be started ca a year after the last period was started.

This seems to be really really whacky though. Sometimes I can start a new session immediately after the old one, sometimes after two or three months and sometimes it takes forever.

One more question though: Out of the visible mental stats I know Tutoring affects Determination and Workrate. Does it also affect the other ones like Creativity, Off the Ball and Positioning ?

This seems to be really really whacky though. Sometimes I can start a new session immediately after the old one, sometimes after two or three months and sometimes it takes forever.

One more question though: Out of the visible mental stats I know Tutoring affects Determination and Workrate. Does it also affect the other ones like Creativity, Off the Ball and Positioning ?

No, it only affects those stats that are not affected by CA.

Tutoring has an impact on workrate?

Tutoring has an impact on workrate?

No. Tutoring only affects Determination, all of the hidden personality traits, and PPMs.

Also...a good tip to make sure that your tutoring recommendations are accepted by your youngsters is to be liked by them. You can make them like you by praising them (not to often or this will have the opposite effect), by leading them to League/Cup successes, or the easiest one which is to comment about them before you buy them. Tell them you think they're going to be an awesome player(for youth players),they are already an awesome player and that you're definitely looking to buy them - providing that they actually want join your club they will love you for this and usually arrive at your club with you already in their "Liked Personnel" section. They'll then agree to be tutored by whoever you want.

It's a little bit exploity, but then again would an 18-year old really tell a top manager that he doesn't want to be tutored?

Right, so other than PPMs there would be no point in tutoring a youngster who has high scores in these stats to begin with ?

Depends if you find a senior player with even higher ratings in these attributes then there is a point if not, there is no point.

a) Determination

Tutoring a player with a tutor with lower determination tends to lower his own determination to match his mentor's.

Is this also the case with professionalism? If a youngster has a higher rating for professionalism than the tutor- will the youngster drop in professionalism?

Is this also the case with professionalism? If a youngster has a higher rating for professionalism than the tutor- will the youngster drop in professionalism?

Yes- Determination and hidden personality attributes of a tutee can go up or down "towards" his tutors attributes.

Archived