• Spurs Unable to Bid For Kulusevski

jnr_ironside
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Playing as Spurs - Dejan Kulusevski doesn't have a agreed fee when it is widely reported that he does.

I can't even make an offer for him.

20221021131100_1.jpg

20221021131123_1.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I believe its cause the transfer clause in question has not been met you are in June so the Champions League group stage draw has not been drawn. There is a clear clause that says reaching the group stage activates the £30m buy option.

• SI Staff

Hello, once the Mandatory fee condition is met, in this case reaching the group stage of the Champions League then his £30 million fee should unlock. Hope this was helpful. :) 

Hi Zachary, 

I have the same problem but I qualified for the group stages of the CL but still no option to use the loan option and the loan ends and he goes back to Juve.

Can’t find a way around this 

• SI Staff

Thanks for sharing this information with us guys. The fee is set in the data so I'll look to get some fresh eyes on this from our QA side to see if we can understand better as to what is happening as it should trigger once the group stage is reached. @jnr_ironside / @Buffalo1 / @Manage79 do one of you have a save game where you've hit the group stage the transfer subsequently has not become mandatory? A guide on sharing your save file is available here:

11 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

Thanks for sharing this information with us guys. The fee is set in the data so I'll look to get some fresh eyes on this from our QA side to see if we can understand better as to what is happening as it should trigger once the group stage is reached. @jnr_ironside / @Buffalo1 / @Manage79 do one of you have a save game where you've hit the group stage the transfer subsequently has not become mandatory? A guide on sharing your save file is available here:

the file was too big to upload so i put it through sendspace .. https://www.sendspace.com/file/if7u2w   .. it is saved one day before he leaves . hope it helps . 

The same bug is in FM22 for Kulusevski as well. Really unfortunate because by the time the loan ends he's worth £90m in my save and I could have got him in for £30m. 

On 22/10/2022 at 03:35, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, once the Mandatory fee condition is met, in this case reaching the group stage of the Champions League then his £30 million fee should unlock. Hope this was helpful. :) 

@Michael SantThis is not triggering in my current save.
    I've reached the CL group stage. But there appears to be no way to initiate the transfer or pay the fee.

I'm wondering... is it possible the mandatory fee logic doesn't trigger if there aren't enough transfer funds available?

Uploading a save file: DekiClause - Tottenham.fm

DekiClause1.PNG

DekiClause2.PNG

DekiClause3.PNG

Edited by The_Batmantis
    adding save file info

16 hours ago, The_Batmantis said:

@Michael SantThis is not triggering in my current save.
    I've reached the CL group stage. But there appears to be no way to initiate the transfer or pay the fee.

I'm wondering... is it possible the mandatory fee logic doesn't trigger if there aren't enough transfer funds available?

Uploading a save file: DekiClause - Tottenham.fm

DekiClause1.PNG

DekiClause2.PNG

DekiClause3.PNG

It's not that, I made sure I had £40m+ available in my BETA FM23 save because I've seen this issue in every FM22 save. I think the issue is the logic of the commercials is it only works if he's there for the 2 years, and this would be activated in the following season as Spurs are already in the CL in the current season. But because it's only 1 year remaining on the 18 month loan it doesn't get to activate because he leaves before the next season CL groups are confirmed. 

He's signed for Spurs now anyway, so SI just need to change it that he's signed permanently. It'll be finalised in Jan I think because we've already qualified for the CL. 

Edited by Glassy

I'm having the same issue as everyone above. I was wondering the same thing as the last post - the loan was an 18 month loan, not starting in summer 2022 but in Jan 2022, and maybe because Spurs have already reached the CL Group Stage there's no event happening in the game to trigger the clause becoming active. It should already be active as it was achieved when Spurs finished in the top 4 IRL in 21/22.

FWIW, I've also never read that the clause was dependent on CL qualification IRL. I think it's just a straight up optional future fee.

Edited by enders357

9 hours ago, enders357 said:

I'm having the same issue as everyone above. I was wondering the same thing as the last post - the loan was an 18 month loan, not starting in summer 2022 but in Jan 2022, and maybe because Spurs have already reached the CL Group Stage there's no event happening in the game to trigger the clause becoming active. It should already be active as it was achieved when Spurs finished in the top 4 IRL in 21/22.

FWIW, I've also never read that the clause was dependent on CL qualification IRL. I think it's just a straight up optional future fee.

From what I've read it's supposed to be an optional fee if Spurs fail to qualify for CL that becomes mandatory if they do.

FWIW, despite me winning the prem & qualifying for the CL while having spare funds I also never had the option to pay the fee and he went back to Juventus with a value over 3 times the original fee. There wasn't even a button or way to bid for him either like there usually is(?).

I could for example buy Dean Henderson while he was still on loan at Forest, but there was no way to bid for Kulusevski.

Edited by DevastatorPand4

I'm on this boat as well. It's June 2023 and was expecting I could sign him since I've qualified for the CL again after my first season. 

Spurs have 2 buy options for him 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/22/spurs-deal-with-juventus-to-buy-dejan-kulusevski-revealed

1. Optional buy clause for €30M throughout his 18 month loan

2. €35M mandatory buy clause that will be activated at the end of the 2022-23 season if BOTH conditions are met:

• He plays 50% of the team's Premier League matches for at least 45 minutes
    • Spurs qualify for the CL

Hi, is there an update on this? 

I had the same problem when trying to get Dejan Kulusevski on my Tottenham save. I even saved up 30 million by selling players and I simulated until CL group stages started for Tottenham. I still could not buy him.

On 25/10/2022 at 18:02, Zachary Whyte said:

Thank you for the update, we have logged this and are currently investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@Zachary Whyte Hi Zachary,

I was wondering if there is any update on this Kulusevski issue? I'm approaching the end of my first season quite quickly and I don't want to lose Kulu as he will be too expensive in the summer. I feel like I am going to have to put my save on hold until (fingers crossed) this bug is fixed.

Sorry to be a pain but I'm really enjoying the game and it will be a shame to ruin it.

Phil

• SI Staff

Hi, I've just checked and this is still being worked on. The issue should be resolved for the full release. Apologies if you have to pause your save file.

If it's resolved by 8/11 for full release will that save game compatible? I.e., if I'm still in my first season of a Spurs save, and meet the criteria, should I be able to buy Kulusevski?

FYI for anyone waiting to do their Spurs save, it is possible to work around this by choosing a start date in Sweden (I think it's March 28, 2022). Then just sim until the new Prem season starts, and after the CL qualifiers finish, you will get notified that his obligation can be completed. Annoying but it does work for now if you were desperate like I was :)

kulu.png

7 hours ago, Benjamin M said:

FYI for anyone waiting to do their Spurs save, it is possible to work around this by choosing a start date in Sweden (I think it's March 28, 2022). Then just sim until the new Prem season starts, and after the CL qualifiers finish, you will get notified that his obligation can be completed. Annoying but it does work for now if you were desperate like I was :)

kulu.png

Thats fantastic much appreciated!

On 28/10/2022 at 11:12, Zachary Whyte said:

Hi, I've just checked and this is still being worked on. The issue should be resolved for the full release. Apologies if you have to pause your save file.

Just wondering if this will be ready for the full release, as I was planning on carrying on my Spurs save or will I need to start a new one? 

On 29/10/2022 at 02:42, Benjamin M said:

kulu.png

You my friend are a clever little bugger! This worked a treat.