• cinch Premiership Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the cinch Premiership.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 hours ago, aberdeengoose said:

Hope Tottenham and Liverpool were watching tonight 😀

13 minutes ago, M26HFC said:

I've seen his CA and PA in game and I'd say it's absolutely bang on for an international player.

Stop being so bitter wee man.

Cut out the bickering, we as a team in the Scottish Research are happy with where Porto is as a player.  

6 hours ago, markmeatsix91 said:

It shows Aberdeen have a reserve team along with the U18s but they just have the U18s team

Although they have decided not to take part in the Reserve League, it was either create a Reserve side (like many Premiership sides have) or let the game create an Under 21's side after game start to take part in the SPFL Trust Trophy.  As you can imagine, the Reserve Side makes more sense.  

18 hours ago, jmfc0618 said:

Motherwell scouting team update

New Scouts - Jay Bartram & Will Glavin (source Motherwell FC linkedin page & twitter accounts)

I believe Martyn Corrigan & Scott Macleod are no longer working at the club.

Cheers mate.  Can confirm we're making changes.  

3 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Not sure if this falls under data as it is to do with Kit Colour appearance. When playing as Celtic away to Partick, the team wore the black and green away kit in the 3D engine. However, in the tactics overview and post match highlight screens, it shows as a white/grey kit with green trim. Even if meant to be the new third kit, there is no green trim. 

It should show as the black kit. 

Apologies if better posted elsewhere. 

Celtic Away.jpg

Not a data issue, but I am guessing it's a visual thing because of the black background.  

7 hours ago, markmeatsix91 said:

It shows Aberdeen have a reserve team along with the U18s but they just have the U18s 

Its been designed this way to prevent U21 teams being magically created for teams in this version, once they enter the SPFL Trust Trophy.

Premiership teams whose reserve team compete in the reserve league/Cup irl (not Aberdeen) should be able to do stuff with their reserve team from the off. The rest, it'll only be available for SPFL Trust games.

This is how it's supposed to work in theory anyway. It's not perfect but it's the only thing we can really do just now, so the users not hit with '*teams' all over the shop.

Edited by Giro

Some thoughts on data for Celtic, albeit I know without seeing the CA/PA it is hard to judge at outset. Trying to be balanced and offer thoughts on what might be a bit high as well as low.

Will also be interesting to see the CA balance between Celtic and Rangers. Last year, the SPL generally took a hit, but Rangers off the back of the league win had a lot of players coming out with very decent CA compared to Celtic’s players last year. Hope the approach to CA shifting across squads is maintained off the back of last season.

Joe Hart – Eccentricity shows as 17. Not sure why it is so high. He makes mistakes because of average decision making (which is captured), but he isn’t a Rene Higuita or Jose Chilavert level eccentric keeper. 17 suggests he is one of the world’s most eccentric goalies, which I don’t think is right.

Reo Hatate – The D/WB (L) rating of accomplished seems to hang on a very brief run of games in Japan where he was deployed there as an emergency. I get he can likely do a job there, but I don’t think he is regarded as accomplished.

Daizen Maeda – Acceleration of 14 and Pace of 15 seem slightly low, I do think he is slightly overstated in other areas. He is incredibly quick to the point it is clearly noticeable in real life. While 14 and 15 are good, they likely won’t translate to rapid speed in the 3D engine.

Callum McGregor – I know anyone that reads this thread every year could put their watch on me mentioning McGregor. I think his overall profile is fairer this year, but his two main qualities are lower than some others. As an example, he has 18 for Leadership. He has done a great job as captain but this might be a bit high. Composure (14) and Balance (12) appear harsh to me.

He takes the ball in tight spaces all the time, anywhere on the pitch. His composure is hard to beat in the SPL and for me is his main quality. Balance is allied to that, in that he goes either way very quickly when closed down without losing possession. No issue with the overall profile, but think he needs some counter balance to better reflect the main trait of his game, which is taking and keeping the ball under pressure in tight spaces to keep his team in possession. Composure and balance are two of his best attributes in my opinion.

Aaron Mooy – Perhaps slightly inflated? I know the team looking at China likely gathered his stats. In terms of offering balanced input, I think a slight hike in McGregor and slight drop in Mooy would better reflect real life. Albeit he is a good player.

Carl Starfelt – Again in terms of balance, I think his anticipation is a bit high. He came on, but he lacks anticipation for me. 16 for anticipation when McGregor gets 14 for composure is an odd one if watching Celtic all year.

David Turnbull – Flair at 16 seems a tad high, he does like to try things, but not sure it is a stand out attribute of his game.

Liel Abada – My guess is that his PA is good, as he doesn’t break 15 on anything at outset. For me, his off the ball is excellent. Number of times he makes good runs off the ball is noticeable, e.g. back post runs to get most of his goals. If anything, I think this should be higher at outset, but can surmise he has potential to increase a number of stats as the game develops.

Alexandro Bernabei – Aggression seems low, he puts it about a bit on the pitch. Early days for data analysis though.

Kyogo – For me, his long shots should be a bit higher, and his finishing a bit lower. Might not be a popular opinion with fellow Celtic fans, but his finishing is very variable. Think he has shown enough this season to suggest his long shots are good though, and seem more consistent than one on one/tap in type situations. His work rate should be 16+ for me. Strength of 6 is very generous on this season’s showing. I think his balance needs a lift too.

Also his 3D model seems to show black hair, which isn't right. 

Giorgos Giakoumakis – Heading looks a bit lower than I thought it might be.

Ben McPherson – Plays at CB as well, as per game v Madrid in Youth League this season

Dane Murray – Plays CDM too, albeit now mainly a CB, but in terms of competence he played there a lot up to last season.

Osaze Urhoghide – Can play RB naturally too

Francis Turley – Think he can play CM, ACM and off the wing, but certainly ACM as well as CM

Rocco Vata – He mainly plays an AMR, but can play ACM/AML and ST. The game had him as a striker last season too, but he plays off the wing a lot for Ireland and anytime Celtic have used him it has been as an AML/R. Of all the positions listed, he is deployed least as a Striker but that is down as his main position in game.

Jude Bonnar – Plays off both sides, very well regarded.

All with the caveat of only being my opinion, but always share my thoughts in the spirit of contributing as per purpose of BETA release. Thanks.

Edited by joe5p

43 minutes ago, ATW said:

Not a data issue, but I am guessing it's a visual thing because of the black background.  

Thanks, where would be best to post it so that it gets picked up? Black looks fine as a background on those screens, so think it is an error/omission. 

Some thoughts on Rangers, with the declaration that I am a Celtic fan. I am trying to retain balance. Morelos is the stick out in terms of over inflation. 

Morelos - Starts with six attributes over 16. He is strong, but 19 makes him one of the world's strongest players. Not many hit that level. He is stronger than Carter Vickers as an example. Seems a bit inflated to me. A bit like what I said for Kyogo in terms of finishing, it is inflated. He often shanks his shots from angles and I say that having listened to many of my mates that go to watch Rangers regularly as well as what I see on TV. Think both Morelos and Kyogo are not as strong at finishing as the game suggests. He appears to have hung on to stats he got last season when Rangers took a hike (not saying that wasn't merited), but for 18 months or so he has been on a downward spiral. I can see Giakoumakis at Celtic has been boosted a bit, but he was top scorer last season and played less than Morelos. As an overall profile, Morelos looks inflated to me.  His Work Rate isn't 16 IRL. It can be here and there, but he doesn't consistently work at that level.

Kemar Roofe - If comparing Roofe to Morelos, it is a bit like what I said about Mooy and McGregor. Both good players, but Roofe looks a bit low and Morelos a bit high. Some Rangers fans might be able to better articulate the nuances, but when fit, Roofe is maybe a bit better than his profile suggests with balance across the two players probably fairer. 

Borna Barisic - His crossing is variable IRL for me. He can put in some great balls, but hits as many poorly. Seems a bit high at 16.

Helander - 17 for positioning seems a bit high, I get he is slow and this is captured to a point, and I get that to try to be fair to him there needs to be a balance between being slow and knowing where to be to get the engine to capture him well, but if giving the benefit of doubt to positioning being really good, his pace needs a dip (a bit like Kyogo's strength, it is obvious when you watch him that Helander is very slow rather than average at 11). 

Kent - Long shots of 15 comes out of nowhere a bit. He doesn't score goals at SPL level and I don't recall too many long shots that came off for him. 18 for flair is possibly a bit high, but I do recognise it is very good. Better than Jota for flair though? Not sure on that one. 

McGregor - Maybe my view of what is eccentric is out of kilter, but he has 4 and Hart has 17. McGregor can be eccentric in sense he gets involved in things, very animated. Not to the degree it would be a major feature, but the gulf of 13 between him and Hart seems a bit odd. He has the odd strange pass in him too. 

Not going to question any of your stuff @joe5p as I'm stuck down in the seaside leagues, but its just to say 'eccentricity' from what the researcher guidline is, is an off the field trait, not an on field. 

In which case 'McSha... Likes to have fun' should probably still have higher than 4 :lol:

I'm not sure what is used to calculate Legends, Icons and Favoured Personnel but Celtic's list seems........ packed. Is Ange an Icon on the same level as Kenny Dalglish? Hatate played like a dozen games last season and he's in the same group as Martin O'Neill.

I mean, I'm not one to say who is and isn't but when compared to other teams it seems the only reason there's not more people there is because they ran out of space.

image.thumb.png.9f113146ded41b33a2b8bf8b48f26084.png

14 minutes ago, kane_richards said:

I'm not sure what is used to calculate Legends, Icons and Favoured Personnel but Celtic's list seems........ packed. Is Ange an Icon on the same level as Kenny Dalglish? Hatate played like a dozen games last season and he's in the same group as Martin O'Neill.

I mean, I'm not one to say who is and isn't but when compared to other teams it seems the only reason there's not more people there is because they ran out of space.

image.thumb.png.9f113146ded41b33a2b8bf8b48f26084.png

Celtic themselves. Normally we get to choose and then its run by the SPFL for approval due to licensing. This year, the clubs took control and oooooh boy...

Edited by Giro

8 minutes ago, Giro said:

Celtic themselves. Normally we get to choose and then its run by the SPFL for approval due to licensing. This year, the clubs took control and oooooh boy...

Fascinating. Thanks. Just seemed like such a weird list. Like Tom Boyd's not in there... even as a Rangers fan I can appreciate he bled for that team while Jota is? Wild.

24 minutes ago, Giro said:

Haha that's quality. They've got the whole of last years squad as favoured personnel 

Sharing some thoughts on some of the attributes - my apologies for the length of this post but I wanted to provide some explanation and detail behind my thoughts.

Hearts

As a Hearts fan, I actually think this is a pretty spot on reflection of our team. If I was to suggest anything, it would really only be trivial changes as opposed to something with more substance (Craig Gordon 20 reflexes imo). In all seriousness, the only player I think that needs adjustment will be Kiomourtzoglou as he's looked pretty average since coming in. Only things to add which you've probably already noted for full release is:

Hibernian

Obviously difficult to comment on the whole team given that there was 15(?) new arrivals this year for Hibs.

• Kyle Magennis -  I've never really understood the justification for him having such ridiculously good technical stats. Yes he has 6 decisions and a CA of only 118 (based on last year) but with those technical and mental stats he's could comfortably play in the EPL. Comparing him and John McGinn for instance - the difference in technical and mental ability isn't much aside from McGinn's work rates and Magennis' low decisions. I'm surprised he's managed to keep 14 finishing and 15 composure throughout the years which now also puts him above Kyogo and Morelos in front of goal despite him only scoring a handful of goals.
    • Porteous - I can already see people discussing him at depth. Personally I think 18 tackling may be a little excessive but I wouldn't put it much lower and I get the justification you have for keeping it at 18. For those interested, Porteous hasn't actually committed that many fouls this year. Based on stats for this season from WhoScored, he's attempted 17 tackles and committed 6 fouls (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/388017/Show/Ryan-Porteous) which is significantly lower than Hanlon who's attempted 11 tackles and committed 14 fouls https://www.whoscored.com/Players/397023/Show/Paul-Hanlon. So long as Porteous has a reasonably high dirtiness and not too crazy a PA, I'd agree he's fine as he is.
    • David Marshall - Marhsall's reflexes seem to be quite low at only 12. He's looked reasonably solid this year for Hibs and is a big improvement on Macey.

Rangers

Despite making the Europa League final, I was surprised to see that on the whole it looks like Rangers seem to have gotten a downgrade. It seems as if a lot of the Rangers stats are decided based on popular perception rather than from watching matches or looking at stats/numbers which leads to some absurdly low stats in some areas.

• Tavernier - I don't understand why his mental and defensive stats have barely changed since the Warburton era. It's a total myth that this guy can't defend and I think 10 tackling, 9 marking, 6 concentration, 10 bravery, anticipation, determination are all far too low. I watch Natty Atkinson defend our RB position for Hearts and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Atkinson is not a better defender than Tavernier. His tackling should be 12-13, marking about 10-11 (I think this is still his weakest area), concentration should be way up at 12-14 now (no mistakes holding onto the europa league leads), and his determination should be well over 16 (the guy was overlapping at every opportunity last year despite playing 58 games). Does this make him OP? Maybe. But he was a contender for player of the tournament in the Europa League last year and he's currently matching Paul McGinn and Natty Atkinson domestically. I think he's a player that is criminally underrated by the Rangers faithful and they'll miss him when he's gone.
    • Ryan Kent - This is a very reactionary change. Seeing his determination drop by 7??? The guy has not had the best of seasons but this is not due to lack of effort. He played 46 games last year, a lot of which were against teams with low blocks where he was double/triple marked (Livi away as always) and despite his low output this year he is still 6th in the league for attempted dribbles per 90 mins (https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/253/Tournaments/20/Seasons/9125/Stages/21031/PlayerStatistics/Scotland-Premiership-2022-2023). When given the space like against Dortmund last year, the guy is electric - something you'll never see against these low block teams and especially given that Rangers lack a decent quality RW and creative midfielder with Hagi injured. Celtic's wingers stay consistent because of the threat from both sides - Wright, Sakala, and Matondo just don't match up with Kent so its easy for teams to justify putting the extra man on the LW.  I think this is just a case of confusing (poor form + low confidence)  ≠ lack of effort.
    • Allan McGregor - Looks unchanged from last year - I imagine he will get a decrease for the full release as he is definitely looking like a shadow of himself. One of the biggest areas for Rangers to sort out in Jan/Summer for me. Likely needs a decrease to his reflexes as some of the goals conceded in that home game to Liverpool show his age.
    • Hagi - Why the nerf to pace here? 12 acc and 12 sprint seemed perfectly fine to me. 9/9 seems way to slow for him.
    • Morelos - I agree with joe5p's take on Morelos here - 19 strength has always seemed excessive. 17 would be a better value in my eyes. I would also suggest lowering the finishing a tad to 12-13 and increasing that composure up to 9-10. 5 composure is far too harsh - yes he has been poor in 1-1 situations in the past but it's completely unrealistic to say a top level striker has this level of composure. For reference, Morelos appears to be the only >120 CA ST with less than 7 composure. I would also suggest an increase to his teamwork to 14-15 as, during the early stages of the europa league last year, the Rangers attack were considerably more co-ordinated and functional with Morelos linking the lines.
    • Kamara - Still with the 4 bravery? This has baffled me in the last few years. Kamara last year was averaging 1.9 tackles per 90mins  (https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/253/Tournaments/20/Seasons/8636/Stages/19821/PlayerStatistics/Scotland-Premiership-2021-2022) which puts him very low among the CMs for tackling but he's right next to the likes of Hatate (9 bravery), Liam Craig (13, FM22), and Alex Gogic (15).  Kamara at this point has a lower bravery than Mesut Ozil who doesn't even try to tackle these days. This needs increasing to somewhere in the range of 9-12 which is fair since Dylan Levitt has received the same treatment. On the high side is his technique - 18 seems excessively high and this puts him at the highest in the league, on par with Rogic in previous years. 16 seems sufficient to me.
    • Helander, Hagi, Souttar - Their injuries are currently listed as 5 to 6 months but it looks like this could be even longer now (https://news.stv.tv/sport/rangers-defenders-john-souttar-and-filip-helander-out-until-after-world-cup). 

Dundee United

• Ryan Edwards - Remembering FM17, I'm sure Ryan Edwards used to have incredibly high marking in addition to his heading. In this FM, he's obviously a lot more muted but where does the 19 heading come from? Looking at headers per game this season, Ryan Edwards ranks a pretty respectable 12th among players in the back-line averaging 3.2 headers won per match (https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/253/Tournaments/20/Seasons/9125/Stages/21031/PlayerStatistics/Scotland-Premiership-2022-2023) but this is a whole 2.1 headers per game behind Halkett and 1.9 headers per game behind Rickie Lamie. Given both of these players have 15 heading and are smaller than Edwards with less jumping reach, it doesn't make sense to have Edwards heading so high when he's so far behind stats wise.
    • Dylan Levitt - Based on his form last year, I think his stats are pretty fair with perhaps the exception being the 15 long-shots and 13 finishing. This puts him significantly higher than Reo Hatate who scored some great long ranged strikes last year and finished the season with the same goal tally. It might just be a reputation thing but I was surprised to see his valuation sitting at £5m-£17.5m. Did his PA get a buff?
    • Mark Birighitti - He looks like a pretty exceptional GK on FM23 but he's looked poor so far at United. Maybe his stats just haven't been updated since he joined but 16 reflexes seems far to high for a GK who's conceded 13 goals in 5 games.
    • Carljohan Eriksson - Same thing with Eriksson where he looks too good on FM23. Conceding 17 goals in 8 games domestically. His distribution also looks a bit on the high side.
    • Charlie Mulgrew - I believe these stats have been carried over from the researcher who set them at Blackburn during good seasons for Blackburn in 17/18 and 18/19 seasons but these were seasons where he scored over 10 goals and are almost five years ago. 17 positioning and 18 composure seem totally excessive. He may well have been one of United's best players last year but with those stats he's a better ball playing defender than Goldson (pace excluding). I was also surprised to see that he only had 12 injury proneness - I had thought this would be higher personally.

Celtic

For Celtic, I think the post above by joe5p mirrors the opinions I have on players like Turnbull, Kyogo, and Abada. Worth stating again though that I am also surprised Abada is so technically lacking. 

Wasn't wanting to quote the massive post above but in regards to Hearts Kio has just arrived in the file and I had very little chance to make changes to him and will keep an eye on what's what between now and the Jan update. Obviously I'm aware Boyce has the season ending injury I believe the injury has occurred after the injury cut off date but if this is wrong I'm sure it'll be added and as for Levein, I don't have a say in Legend/Icon etc now it's done by the club itself. I was surprised Budge was removed especially since Levein is still there.  

Ciaran Maguire of Livingston (uid 2000198104) 

His height is actually 1.85m and his date of birth is 26/03/2003. 

I might also add his passing, crossing, set pieces and penalties are very good, Gary Maley, reserve coach called his finishing from distance scarily good! But then I'm his dad so maybe I'm not so impartial!! But if his height and date of birth could be amended that would be great thank you. Attached is pic I've created for him. 

2000198104.png

The sell on fees for Celtic seem slightly high. Armstrong and Tierney in particular. I was under the impression that Tierney was sold for a flat 25m with no sell on.

17 hours ago, McKay96 said:

Sharing some thoughts on some of the attributes - my apologies for the length of this post but I wanted to provide some explanation and detail behind my thoughts.

Dundee United

• Ryan Edwards - Remembering FM17, I'm sure Ryan Edwards used to have incredibly high marking in addition to his heading. In this FM, he's obviously a lot more muted but where does the 19 heading come from? Looking at headers per game this season, Ryan Edwards ranks a pretty respectable 12th among players in the back-line averaging 3.2 headers won per match (https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/253/Tournaments/20/Seasons/9125/Stages/21031/PlayerStatistics/Scotland-Premiership-2022-2023) but this is a whole 2.1 headers per game behind Halkett and 1.9 headers per game behind Rickie Lamie. Given both of these players have 15 heading and are smaller than Edwards with less jumping reach, it doesn't make sense to have Edwards heading so high when he's so far behind stats wise.
    • Dylan Levitt - Based on his form last year, I think his stats are pretty fair with perhaps the exception being the 15 long-shots and 13 finishing. This puts him significantly higher than Reo Hatate who scored some great long ranged strikes last year and finished the season with the same goal tally. It might just be a reputation thing but I was surprised to see his valuation sitting at £5m-£17.5m. Did his PA get a buff?
    • Mark Birighitti - He looks like a pretty exceptional GK on FM23 but he's looked poor so far at United. Maybe his stats just haven't been updated since he joined but 16 reflexes seems far to high for a GK who's conceded 13 goals in 5 games.
    • Carljohan Eriksson - Same thing with Eriksson where he looks too good on FM23. Conceding 17 goals in 8 games domestically. His distribution also looks a bit on the high side.
    • Charlie Mulgrew - I believe these stats have been carried over from the researcher who set them at Blackburn during good seasons for Blackburn in 17/18 and 18/19 seasons but these were seasons where he scored over 10 goals and are almost five years ago. 17 positioning and 18 composure seem totally excessive. He may well have been one of United's best players last year but with those stats he's a better ball playing defender than Goldson (pace excluding). I was also surprised to see that he only had 12 injury proneness - I had thought this would be higher personally.

When it comes to both Birighitti and Eriksson, they have both come in to the Scottish database with good pedigrees, as both international caps and on the back of receiving credit for being the top goalkeeper in the respective leagues they have come from. As he's now been here since January Eriksson has had a mild current ability drop (though one that will still see him picked for Finland) , but Birighitti hasn't. Both are rated around the rough mark for decent at SPFL Premiership level in terms of their Current Ability. If by January there's any doubt on that, they will be reviewed. As a Dundee Utd fan, nobody needs to tell me that they are a little bit suspect ;)

Now that being said, I think what you've done is make a case for the argument that stats are only as useful as you want them to be to suit an argument. Birighitti, in spite of flogging a few goals, especially vs Alkmaar and Hearts actually has one of the highest save percentages in the league. So to me, that would suggest he is actually worth a good score on reflexes. 13 goals in 5 games only tells some part of the story. And it's similar to Eriksson and how he conceded 17 goals in 8 games. Well, I would argue - and I say this in spite of me personally not rating him very highly - of the 9 goals he conceded in that game against Celtic, 0 were his fault and he couldn't realistically have expected to save any of them.

So United had a very poor start to the season and I had to think about that, wonder why it was and reflect it in the attributes. Is it that they were bad players who deserved reductions across the board? For me, no. It was that there were a lot of decent players who had shown that they weren't brave and the midfield especially had no aggression. So those are the stats that have been updated.

On a general level, and I say this on here every year, I know that there's often a disconnect between the priorities of the research team and how we rate based on the hidden attributes such as current ability and how that links in with how it is weighted against attributes, and what the players of the game consider most important, which are the individual attributes.

So, on that note, physical attributes such as  pace and acceleration are among the most important attributes in terms of how they are weighted. Mulgrew has 6s and 7s for pace. acceleration and agility. To be able to still put in the level of performances he did last season (jury is still out on this season but it's not the first few games of a season we tend to rate based on) in spite of being slow, he has to know where to position himself effectively. And he does, hence the high rating for defensive positioning. That doesn't make him a better player in the game than Goldson though. The balance of Mulgrew's attributes makes him a player with a Current Ability of 110; someone who would be picked in the Dundee United starting 11. He wouldn't get picked in Rangers starting 11. Goldson's balance of attributes makes him a player with a Current Ability of 138.

There's a difference there.

The premiership cup second date is wrong. The format is this below 

ended up having to play on a Saturday and a Monday cause they put the second round game on a weekend. 

also the quarter finial is when the first international break is on. 

Group stage
    MD1: Weekend of July 9/10, 2022
    MD2: Midweek of July 12/13, 2022
    MD3: Weekend of July 16/17, 2022
    MD4: Midweek of July 19/20, 2022
    MD5: Weekend of July 23/24, 2022

Second round
    Midweek of August 30/31, 2022

Quarter-finals
    Midweek of October 18-20, 2022

Semi-finals
    Weekend of January 14/15, 2023

Final
    Sunday February 26, 2023

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/league-cup-format 

On 21/10/2022 at 21:15, markmeatsix91 said:

I also don't believe Tomas Cerny and George Good are currently working with Aberdeen u18s. They don't appear on the Aberdeen youth academy staff on the website

https://www.afc.co.uk/teams/youth-academy-staff/

Good spot, I just left the u18s staff as last years as there’s no info on them at all, Cerny has still got his youth academy role on his LinkedIn. That page also is quite vague on “youth academy staff” for instance there’s three “youth academy goalkeeping coaches” but when you click on their profile it says “*name* coaches goalkeeping” with no info at what level, as I said before, i can’t find any info on u18s staff. 

10 hours ago, CaylumM said:

Good spot, I just left the u18s staff as last years as there’s no info on them at all, Cerny has still got his youth academy role on his LinkedIn. That page also is quite vague on “youth academy staff” for instance there’s three “youth academy goalkeeping coaches” but when you click on their profile it says “*name* coaches goalkeeping” with no info at what level, as I said before, i can’t find any info on u18s staff. 

They don't make it easy to find these things out. I don't know if its as bad with other teams but the website is pretty bad for finding out information

20 minutes ago, markmeatsix91 said:

They don't make it easy to find these things out. I don't know if its as bad with other teams but the website is pretty bad for finding out information

Aberdeen aren’t the worst for finding it out, I done Ross County this year and they’re even worse, especially the u18s !

If you see anything else, just give us a shout :)

Morelos and Tavernier stats need looked at. 1 example - Tav corners 13 and crossing 14, Morelos corners 12 and crossing 13?? When has anyone ever seen Morelos take a corner? And how can his crossing be 1 less than Tav. Tavs number of assists from corners/crosses are insane and Alfies are non existent lol. The composure of 5 needs looked at although I wouldn't say it's held him back in my save - 35 goals in half a season resulting in 55m bid from West Ham which bizarrely I'm considering rejecting. I got his composure to 7 but still relatively low for a player of his ability. I see people saying his stats are inflated.. Lets remember he's our top european goalscorer and was on fire again before his injury. Hes barely played this season to be judged. Tavs defensive ability has improved a lot over last few seasons but never been implemented in to the game. Concentration very poor. Don't even get me started on leadership, the game wants him replaced as captain immediately. 1189332549_Screenshot(575).thumb.png.8ccef6d54349f02d77d45f50194d9319.png

Edited by monty-rfc

Tavernier being the long term captain of Rangers, and a constant driving force for the team, and getting the Europa league golden boot, carrying them to the finals, playing around 60 games on the year just to get 13 leadership, a low teamwork and a low work rate is a bit of an insult, the game instantly opens up telling you to boot him from captaincy entirely for a 37 year old, benchwarmer in steven davis.

On 22/10/2022 at 17:31, MrHappypill said:

Wasn't wanting to quote the massive post above but in regards to Hearts Kio has just arrived in the file and I had very little chance to make changes to him and will keep an eye on what's what between now and the Jan update. Obviously I'm aware Boyce has the season ending injury I believe the injury has occurred after the injury cut off date but if this is wrong I'm sure it'll be added and as for Levein, I don't have a say in Legend/Icon etc now it's done by the club itself. I was surprised Budge was removed especially since Levein is still there.  

I thought that would be the case with Kio tbh, personally I hope he's just be struggling to settle and will come good but obviously worth watching him going forward given how average he's been.

It will be a bit odd not having Boyce's injury in but if you guys have a specific cut-off date you work with, that's fair enough. Will at least make my first Hearts playthrough significantly easier!

Interesting info about the Legend/Icon status - I guess Levein still has big supporters in the backroom at the club.