• Bundesliga Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the Bundesliga.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Christopher Nkunku finishing seems a bit low at just 13,it should be atleast 15 considering his goal scoring record for last season (20goals) and now 11 goals in 12 games. Fulkrug's finishing as well,just 12 is a little harsh considering he scored 9 goals already in 12 appearances and 19 goals last season in 2.Bundesliga. 

• SI Staff
    6 minutes ago, x-11 said:

Christopher Nkunku finishing seems a bit low at just 13,it should be atleast 15 considering his goal scoring record for last season (20goals) and now 11 goals in 12 games. Fulkrug's finishing as well,just 12 is a little harsh considering he scored 9 goals already in 12 appearances and 19 goals last season in 2.Bundesliga. 

They have actually both seen an increase in between the beta and full release. Having said that, they ought to do well anyway - just looking at finishing is not the end of all means to a player being capable of scoring goals.

Am 25.10.2022 um 09:10 schrieb Jeroen Thijssen:

That's the answer. We feel there's still plenty of randomness that can be attributed to the player - who has enormous potential by the way, in the entire PA range. Most, if not all 19 and 20 year olds should still have a minus potential.

Fortunately most of the players in this age have a random potential. There are only like a handful of 19 year olds with a high fixed PA. But to be perfectly honest: if Harvey Elliot and Yeremy Pino have a high fixed PA, Bellingham should have one too ;) 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Rofocale:

Fortunately most of the players in this age have a random potential. There are only like a handful of 19 year olds with a high fixed PA. But to be perfectly honest: if Harvey Elliot and Yeremy Pino have a high fixed PA, Bellingham should have one too ;) 

Who will have a -Potential and which will have a fix PA, is the responsibility of the Researcher.
    And you are talking about 3 different leagues, with 3 different Head Researchers and Researchers.
    If the Researcher of this club is not really sure about the potential ability, in my opinion it makes more sense to give him a - Potential rather than a fix one to avoid people will be unhappy with this decision.
    But as i can see very often, no matter if you give a player a fix PA or a - PA, people will complain about the decisions. This is normal, because everybody has his own opinion on it.

And we often told the community, as well it is explained in the first post, how they should give a feedback. It makes no sense for me, if i see a comment .... ha, this player is too strong or too weak. Fix it (is the friendly way)
    Yeah maybe, but only this will not change the players CA or PA. The researcher will not have a better knowledge about this player than before. He only knows, in the opinion of this poster, he is to weak or to strong.  This is not a statement about the player. It is only a comment about their frustration, but no suggestion.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Fire_03:

Who will have a -Potential and which will have a fix PA, is the responsibility of the Researcher.
    And you are talking about 3 different leagues, with 3 different Head Researchers and Researchers.
    If the Researcher of this club is not really sure about the potential ability, in my opinion it makes more sense to give him a - Potential rather than a fix one to avoid people will be unhappy with this decision.
    But as i can see very often, no matter if you give a player a fix PA or a - PA, people will complain about the decisions. This is normal, because everybody has his own opinion on it.

And we often told the community, as well it is explained in the first post, how they should give a feedback. It makes no sense for me, if i see a comment .... ha, this player is too strong or too weak. Fix it (is the friendly way)
    Yeah maybe, but only this will not change the players CA or PA. The researcher will not have a better knowledge about this player than before. He only knows, in the opinion of this poster, he is to weak or to strong.  This is not a statement about the player. It is only a comment about their frustration, but no suggestion.

I'm on your side on this. Better to give them a random PA than an unrealisitc fixed PA. And I'm not complaining at all. It was just a snarky comment on "Most, if not all 19 and 20 year olds should still have a minus potential" ;)

In fact, the database and the rating of players has come a long way compared to like 10 years ago and is top notch these days. I rarely have to do any adjustments to a handful of players myself.

• SI Staff
    2 minutes ago, Rofocale said:

I'm on your side on this. Better to give them a random PA than an unrealisitc fixed PA. And I'm not complaining at all. It was just a snarky comment on "Most, if not all 19 and 20 year olds should still have a minus potential" ;)

In fact, the database and the rating of players has come a long way compared to like 10 years ago and is top notch these days. I rarely have to do any adjustments to a handful of players myself.

I did interpret it that way just now. :thup:  Thanks for the feedback!

vor 1 Minute schrieb Rofocale:

Thank you for the kind words. Really appreciate this. We not often hear kind words.
    We really try our possibly best, to make everything perfect and everybody happy.

vor einer Stunde schrieb NiklasZickZack:

Lino Kasten shows up as "Lino"

Nicolo Tresoldi has chosen to play for germanys u19, so he should be German. https://www.transfermarkt.de/nicolo-tresoldi/nationalmannschaft/spieler/717329/verein_id/5710

Lino Kasten will get changed

Tresoldis first U19 game was on 25th October, so long after the International deadline for International matches. Will get changed

Alright, I finally have to say something about the player type that Branimir Hrgota has been in the game for years now and how it's so absurdly wrong. It's difficult to imagine how someone who has actually watched him play could give him those attributes.
    I don't follow Fürth as closely anymore as I did when I was a researcher and I can understand that a lot of the young players on the team are kind of anonymous and difficult to rate, but Hrgota is the team's star player and a very distinctive type of player.

When you look at this profile in-game, you think "Oh he's a quick little guy who runs behind he defense and scores a lot of goals that way" but that's absolutely not what he plays like. He's a fairly tall, lumbering type of player (185cm 77kg) who doesn't make quick runs, but he's extremely good technically for a 2nd division player (probably the best in the league). He doesn't play as a striker up front, he plays behind the striker with a lot of freedom (currently it's behind 2 strikers). In this 2 year old article he says it himself: "Mit drei Stürmern habe ich auch viel auf der Seite gespielt. Ich würde auch nicht unbedingt sagen, dass ich Stürmer spiele, ich spiele mit vielen Freiheiten auch vom Trainer".

To put it into FM terms, he plays as an AMC trequartista who is the focal point of Fürth's attack, but currently in-game he looks like a quick advanced forward.

Additionally, this is his third season as Fürth's captain now and his Leadership attribute in the game is 5... doesn't really make sense? He also signed a new contract last year and didn't leave when they were relegated which is extremely rare for a Fürth star player (they usually all leave), so I think his Loyalty attribute should be higher than 10 and Ambition lower than 15.

This is what his profile looks like:
    hrgotawrong.png.5d7dd52fe7cf054eb5bce76589d7dbc2.png

And this is what I believe it should look like. Same CA with 20AMC, 17ST 14AMR 10AML,MR,ML
    hrgotaright.png.44e25c0ea7633fb96e3757f6e5537d24.png

On 21/10/2022 at 18:26, Jeroen Thijssen said:

I've been told this is fixed.

Hi

There still seems to be the same issue with this from fm22. Some players squad numbers seem to be hardcoded in the game despite the correct squad number being allocated in data editor. ie Nico Schulz should be 14 but this number isn't avalible 

• SI Staff
    On 10/11/2022 at 14:54, DerMef said:

Alright, I finally have to say something about the player type that Branimir Hrgota has been in the game for years now and how it's so absurdly wrong. It's difficult to imagine how someone who has actually watched him play could give him those attributes.
    I don't follow Fürth as closely anymore as I did when I was a researcher and I can understand that a lot of the young players on the team are kind of anonymous and difficult to rate, but Hrgota is the team's star player and a very distinctive type of player.

When you look at this profile in-game, you think "Oh he's a quick little guy who runs behind he defense and scores a lot of goals that way" but that's absolutely not what he plays like. He's a fairly tall, lumbering type of player (185cm 77kg) who doesn't make quick runs, but he's extremely good technically for a 2nd division player (probably the best in the league). He doesn't play as a striker up front, he plays behind the striker with a lot of freedom (currently it's behind 2 strikers). In this 2 year old article he says it himself: "Mit drei Stürmern habe ich auch viel auf der Seite gespielt. Ich würde auch nicht unbedingt sagen, dass ich Stürmer spiele, ich spiele mit vielen Freiheiten auch vom Trainer".

To put it into FM terms, he plays as an AMC trequartista who is the focal point of Fürth's attack, but currently in-game he looks like a quick advanced forward.

Additionally, this is his third season as Fürth's captain now and his Leadership attribute in the game is 5... doesn't really make sense? He also signed a new contract last year and didn't leave when they were relegated which is extremely rare for a Fürth star player (they usually all leave), so I think his Loyalty attribute should be higher than 10 and Ambition lower than 15.

This is what his profile looks like:

And this is what I believe it should look like. Same CA with 20AMC, 17ST 14AMR 10AML,MR,ML

Just going through the topics. I could have sworn I had replied but I guess I didn't. Apologies. Cut out the image to keep it a little smaller...   Nice to see you.  :)

We will definitely review Hrgota - you have made some excellent points. 

The name of Mateu Morey(Borussia Dortmund) should be changed to Mateu Morey Bauzà: Please see reference: https://www.transfermarkt.de/mateu-morey-bauza/profil/spieler/388513 https://www.bvb.de/Mannschaften/Profis/Mateu-Morey-Bauza

The name of Vasilis Lampropoulos(VFL Bochum) should be changed to Vasilios Lampropoulos: Please see reference: https://www.vfl-bochum.de/profis/mannschaft/kader/spielerdetailseite/vasilios-lampropoulos/ https://www.transfermarkt.de/vasilios-lampropoulos/profil/spieler/63489

The name of Kostas Stayfilidis(VFL Bochum) should be changed to Konstantinos Stafylidis: Please see reference: https://www.vfl-bochum.de/profis/mannschaft/kader/spielerdetailseite/konstantinos-stafylidis/ https://www.transfermarkt.de/konstantinos-stafylidis/profil/spieler/148967

• SI Staff
    13 hours ago, Ente35 said:

The name of Mateu Morey(Borussia Dortmund) should be changed to Mateu Morey Bauzà: Please see reference: https://www.transfermarkt.de/mateu-morey-bauza/profil/spieler/388513 https://www.bvb.de/Mannschaften/Profis/Mateu-Morey-Bauza

The name of Vasilis Lampropoulos(VFL Bochum) should be changed to Vasilios Lampropoulos: Please see reference: https://www.vfl-bochum.de/profis/mannschaft/kader/spielerdetailseite/vasilios-lampropoulos/ https://www.transfermarkt.de/vasilios-lampropoulos/profil/spieler/63489

The name of Kostas Stayfilidis(VFL Bochum) should be changed to Konstantinos Stafylidis: Please see reference: https://www.vfl-bochum.de/profis/mannschaft/kader/spielerdetailseite/konstantinos-stafylidis/ https://www.transfermarkt.de/konstantinos-stafylidis/profil/spieler/148967

Thanks,:)
    We have Mateu Morey set like that with his fullname.  The BVB website you refer to mixes both names 

Kostas - is a shorter name version of Konstantinos. They both get commonly used. He uses Kostas (Kwstas) on Instagram for example.

Vasilios does look like the more commonly used version - at least these days - they're always tricky with the transliteration unfortunately.

Vasilios is too formal, it's never used in Greek unless we're talking of official documents etc. Vasilis is the common name for anyone I know, from footballers to common people. So better leave it like that.

• SI Staff
    On 07/01/2023 at 09:51, Matty Aqua said:

Not sure if this was picked up but Jordan Siebatchue for Union Berlin wears the number 45 not the number 9

We have the 45 set, so that should be correct - but I'm not convinced we did this in time for the game release. I do think we did, but I'm not sure.

17 hours ago, Ente35 said:

The birth date of Silas Katompa Mvumpa from VfB Stuttgart is probably wrong. It is probably is 06.10.1998 instead of 06.12.1998  Please see following references for it: https://www.google.com/search?kgmid=/g/11gr6vytp7&hl=de-DE&q=Silas+Katompa+Mvumpa&kgs=9e4c2c27946b9ca3&shndl=0&source=sh/x/kp/osrp/1 https://www.transfermarkt.de/silas/profil/spieler/612826

You may well be correct there. :) 

Jurgen Klinsmann has his son missing in his favorites: Jonathan klinsmann (LA Galaxy). Jonathan does have his father linked.

Also Nico Schulz has number 14 but somehow the game shows him as 34. its okay in editor tough

Same with Bynoe-Gittens: real life and in editor: 43; in game 31

vor 56 Minuten schrieb b13v3r:

Jurgen Klinsmann has his son missing in his favorites: Jonathan klinsmann (LA Galaxy). Jonathan does have his father linked.

Also Nico Schulz has number 14 but somehow the game shows him as 34. its okay in editor tough

Same with Bynoe-Gittens: real life and in editor: 43; in game 31

Klinsmann is in the South Korean database - please add a request to the South Korean discussion.

The numbers bug is indeed strange, as it is added correctly in the DB too. @Jeroen Thijssen @AlienIR  @Tom Elliott

Peter Hermann (BVB) retired end 2022 due to health reason. he 's still assistent manager for bvb after patch.

Armin Reutershahn replaced him for this season. He's without a club in database.

• SI Staff
    2 hours ago, b13v3r said:

Peter Hermann (BVB) retired end 2022 due to health reason. he 's still assistent manager for bvb after patch.

Armin Reutershahn replaced him for this season. He's without a club in database.

Thank you. Unfortunately we missed this one for the current update by a few days. It has been set since.