• English Premier Division Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English Premier Division.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hei, these are just some feedback after finishing the season with Arsenal, making no transfers. I'm a big Arsenal fan and watch all their matches.

I enjoyed it and it seems farily realistic, even though many thinks Arsenal are underrated compared to real life. In FM, Arsenal have alot of young players that will develop as you play. So the team will get stronger as the season come to an end. I finished 4th, and had some big injuries, most notably missed Ramsdale for half a season. But there is an argument to boosting Arsenal a little (and downrate Liverpool).

Ramsdale is too good and Matt Turner should be better. In real life (RL), Ramsdale has the "bozo gene" (together with Gabriel and Xhaka). He can make great saves, but can lose his head any minute. He is not a world class keeper, his decision making to rush out or not is average. The same for his presence in the box on corners and free kicks.

Matt Turner has performed relly well in all his games. In game he is terrible (so if you get Ramsdale injured you are in trouble). Surely this merits an upgrade? I would compare him to the disrespect Martinez got while he was second to Leno (while actually being a better goalkeeper). Turner is the opposite to Ramsdale, in that he is very calm (has a calming presence) and intelligent. 

Saka is too good. At the end of the season he has developed into a monster. I sold him to City for 125m pounds. He is a really good player, but in reality his mentals should be much lower (maybe also boost his physicals). Together with Ramsdale, he has not shown world class level yet, and if you speak about those players to other non-arsenal fans they would not at all rate those to near that level.

Xhaka and Partey are underrated. Xhaka has matured alot these last two seasons, there are no one who would deny this. Partey is one of Arsenals most important players, his stats show this. Without him Arsenal win rate is less than 50%! Their mentals should be increased alot. Xhaka has 10 in positioning. His creativity should be lowered and his positioning increased considerably. While his concenstration is not the best, his decisions are great. His determination cannot be questioned either. His tackling is poor in real life, even though he is a physical player.

Ødegaard is slightly too good. The problem with him his whole career is that his bravery and strength is terrible. Sure, he presses alot, but he has no physical presence. Vieira is even worse. Both should have even lowered bravery, strength (and tackling).

I have no big problems with any other players, they are really working well! A steller job to the researchers!

Nelson is fine, unlike what many thinks. He is a great talent that never developed because he never got to play consistent games. The same with Nketiah (only his strength should be a bit higher). 

My last point is economy. Arsenal's wage budget surely must be higher than in game. They have gotten rid of many top earners (Auba, Øzil etc). In game they are too much behind the top clubs in wage budget to compete (unless you adjust drastically the transfer budget into wages). 

Edited by V3ntricity

• SI Staff
    55 minutes ago, The_Batmantis said:

Thanks for checking. That's really odd he's 3rd in CA because, I feel like I'm not seeing that reflected in the attribute pages I posted?
    All those players are Championship RB/RWBs (some are on loan).

Spence is rated highly in Pace and Acceleration, and those two attributes are very highly weighted (i.e. a small change to those attributes has a big impact on CA) in FM.  How is Spence actually performing in the beta?

7 minutes ago, Pete Sottrel said:

Spence is rated highly in Pace and Acceleration, and those two attributes are very highly weighted (i.e. a small change to those attributes has a big impact on CA) in FM.  How is Spence actually performing in the beta?

Makes sense.
    I've just started my save so I'll report back after getting through a season or two if I see something off either way. Match Engine feels nice at first look. Thanks Pete.

• SI Staff
    1 minute ago, The_Batmantis said:

Makes sense.
    I've just started my save so I'll report back after getting through a season or two if I see something off either way. Match Engine feels nice at first look. Thanks Pete.

Thanks @The_Batmantis - I hope that you enjoy playing, and please do continue with the feedback!

1 hour ago, V3ntricity said:

Hei, these are just some feedback after finishing the season with Arsenal, making no transfers. I'm a big Arsenal fan and watch all their matches.

I enjoyed it and it seems farily realistic, even though many thinks Arsenal are underrated compared to real life. In FM, Arsenal have alot of young players that will develop as you play. So the team will get stronger as the season come to an end. I finished 4th, and had some big injuries, most notably missed Ramsdale for half a season. But there is an argument to boosting Arsenal a little (and downrate Liverpool).

Ramsdale is too good and Matt Turner should be better. In real life (RL), Ramsdale has the "bozo gene" (together with Gabriel and Xhaka). He can make great saves, but can lose his head any minute. He is not a world class keeper, his decision making to rush out or not is average. The same for his presence in the box on corners and free kicks.

Matt Turner has performed relly well in all his games. In game he is terrible (so if you get Ramsdale injured you are in trouble). Surely this merits an upgrade? I would compare him to the disrespect Martinez got while he was second to Leno (while actually being a better goalkeeper). Turner is the opposite to Ramsdale, in that he is very calm (has a calming presence) and intelligent. 

Saka is too good. At the end of the season he has developed into a monster. I sold him to City for 125m pounds. He is a really good player, but in reality his mentals should be much lower (maybe also boost his physicals). Together with Ramsdale, he has not shown world class level yet, and if you speak about those players to other non-arsenal fans they would not at all rate those to near that level.

Xhaka and Partey are underrated. Xhaka has matured alot these last two seasons, there are no one who would deny this. Partey is one of Arsenals most important players, his stats show this. Without him Arsenal win rate is less than 50%! Their mentals should be increased alot. Xhaka has 10 in positioning. His creativity should be lowered and his positioning increased considerably. While his concenstration is not the best, his decisions are great. His determination cannot be questioned either. His tackling is poor in real life, even though he is a physical player.

Ødegaard is slightly too good. The problem with him his whole career is that his bravery and strength is terrible. Sure, he presses alot, but he has no physical presence. Vieira is even worse. Both should have even lowered bravery, strength (and tackling).

I have no big problems with any other players, they are really working well! A steller job to the researchers!

Nelson is fine, unlike what many thinks. He is a great talent that never developed because he never got to play consistent games. The same with Nketiah (only his strength should be a bit higher). 

My last point is economy. Arsenal's wage budget surely must be higher than in game. They have gotten rid of many top earners (Auba, Øzil etc). In game they are too much behind the top clubs in wage budget to compete (unless you adjust drastically the transfer budget into wages). 

Saka is actually underrated so not sure how you’ve come to the conclusion that he’s too good. 9 strength is terribly low his mentals are is his strongest attribute which matches how he plays plays irl.

Arsenal would also never sell him for lower than 100m so your price sounds fairly realistic. Also you can’t really name 5 better right wingers than him in the world right now. He’s very fairly rated

Edited by _mxrky

3 hours ago, HNLFan said:

Some more observations and advice for Brentford.

Thomas Strakosha has first choice gk status at the beggining, while he is backup option for Brentford, or maybe cup gk.

Bryan Mbuemo dribling should maybe increased +1, he has approximetly 60% of succ. dribles, which is not so bad indeed ( https://www.sofascore.com/player/bryan-mbeumo/927083 ) Next, for example, Jack Harrison has dribbling 14, while his succ. of dribbles are 46% (https://www.sofascore.com/player/jack-harrison/829570 )

Strakosha has a lower CA than Raya, so should be the back up Gk. I've seen this mentioned about the Man Utd gks so could be a wider bug?

1 hour ago, _mxrky said:

Saka is actually underrated so not sure how you’ve come to the conclusion that he’s too good. 9 strength is terribly low his mentals are is his strongest attribute which matches how he plays plays irl.

Arsenal would also never sell him for lower than 100m so your price sounds fairly realistic. Also you can’t really name 5 better right wingers than him in the world right now. He’s very fairly rated

Saka in-game has higher mental and physical attributes than the current PL Golden Boot winner who was also 11th in Ballon d'or voting.
    He's not underrated.

Saka.PNG

Just now, The_Batmantis said:

Saka in-game has higher mental and physical attributes than the current PL Golden Boot winner who was also 11th in Ballon d'or voting.
    He's not underrated.

Saka.PNG

Rightfully so if you’ve watched both players. The reason son is so good is because of his ridiculous shooting (deserves 19/20 finishing to be honest). Tbf Saka’s stats are fairly accurate barring  his strength 

I feel like the Arsenal players stats are pretty accurate by a few.

Firstly Thomas Partey is a better dribbler than given and also has more flair than given I would say both should be around 13 he does get arsenal up the pitch really well at times. I also feel like he plays his way out of trouble as a trait and can provide plenty plenty of videos as evidence if required. 

Saka strength should be around 13,14 aswell as Jesus they’re both deceptively so strong and use their bodies so well to get the better of opponents often rolling them or players bouncing off of them.

Eddie Nketiah could do with a slight strength increase too. He has put on abit of size and is developing into more of a man now. 

Kieran Tierneys pace in my opinion should be 15  and acceleration should be 16. He shifts and knocks the ball past his opponent really well and quickly then does slow down but that first knock he is away very quickly.

Lastly I would say Martin Odegaard could do with a leadership increase to at least 11, he is growing in that role and does often push on his teammates on the pitch and the players do look for him to make things happen often.

Rashfords flair at 19 compared to Zahas at 17 is laughable and should be swapped. Allan Saint Maximin at 19 flair and dribbling is fair as Messi is the bar at 20/20

Zaha should be 18 dribbling and flair 

rashford should be at around 16/17 flair, 16 dribbling his isn’t a superb dribbling his really good in tight areas and good off playing one or two touches to be fair especially with his back to goal when his on the left and got a man behind him but is he really a player that should have 19 flair that’s same level as Saint Maximin one under Messi 

Edited by Davidog

2 hours ago, _mxrky said:

Is Saka that strong? Or does he use his balance, agility and anticipation in combination with what strength he has to retain the ball under physical pressure and position his body in the best way to protect it which leads to him being able to fend off an opponent? Not always as simple as just "increase his strength!". 

16 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Is Saka that strong? Or does he use his balance, agility and anticipation in combination with what strength he has to retain the ball under physical pressure and position his body in the best way to protect it which leads to him being able to fend off an opponent? Not always as simple as just "increase his strength!". 

In my opinion yes his strength should be around 13/14 he’s a strong boy, in combination with everything else. 

1 hour ago, _mxrky said:

Rightfully so if you’ve watched both players. The reason son is so good is because of his ridiculous shooting (deserves 19/20 finishing to be honest). Tbf Saka’s stats are fairly accurate barring  his strength 

I don't disagree. Saka is a fantastic player and I think he's rated pretty properly.

52 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Yes defenders literally bounce of him

I think that Liam Delap maybe has slightly too high a PA. I get that he was banging them in for the U23s in PL2 last season, but not exactly the highest of standards. He's struggled so far for Stoke City in the Championship, firmly the second choice strike option behind Tyrese Campbell atm.

4 hours ago, WanderersWay said:

I think that Liam Delap maybe has slightly too high a PA. I get that he was banging them in for the U23s in PL2 last season, but not exactly the highest of standards. He's struggled so far for Stoke City in the Championship, firmly the second choice strike option behind Tyrese Campbell atm.

Answer in spoiler due to discussing his PA value.

Spoiler

He has a -8 PA in the database, which will result in him being given a random PA  at the start of each save between 130-160, if you got a high number he'll be a decent-good Prem striker, but many saves will have him as a low number and only a good Championship striker (assuming his potential is fulfilled in his in-game career!). His starting CA is effectively a back up striker number at that level.

• SI Staff
    18 hours ago, Bigpole said:

Thanks @Bigpole - this projected move is as yet unconfirmed.

A few things noted with Leeds on this years FM:

Joe Gelhardt's weight is still listed as 83kg, which is what he was when he first joined us from Wigan. I remember him saying in an interview last year he had lost quite a bit of weight in his first year playing under Bielsa. Even now he's a bit older I'd still only put it around 75kg. Conversely for Pascal Struijk would probably say he needs to be slightly heavier, he's definitely bulked up a bit since in the last couple of seasons.

Brendan Aaaronson is only listed as squad player, but has started every game for us and been one of our best players so far this season. Seems like some of his stats could do with a bump, particularly his stamina and mental attributes, as well as switching squad status to first team regular.

Started a beta save in the Premier League and I've noticed that a couple of the records are missing, such as 'Most Assists in a Season'. Is there a reason for this?

Palace's transfer budget is too low.

Palace bid over £25million for Gallagher in the last few days of the window, tried to sign Soumare from Leicester and also made bids for Edwards at Peterborough and Sow from Frankfurt.

Palace also sold Benteke for a few million to DC United.

A budget of £1.7million doesn't add up.

Other then that the Palace data this year has been superb. Props to whoever you got in.

Edited by SL19

On 24/10/2022 at 12:59, Bigpole said:

As Pete says this has no confirmation yet. I was expecting to see him in a U21/U18 youth game by now!

City Ground Redevelopment, Should this be part of Board Vision and 5 year plan as work is expected to start end of this current season? I believe the current planning permits have been agreed?