• EFL League One Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the EFL League One.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

11 hours ago, Jakecreasey71 said:

Portsmouth:

Number 12 shirt isn't retired when it should be, it's been retired for the fans for as long as I can remember

Hi,

I can confirm that the No 12 shirt in the database is and remains retired:

image.png.304349a8403339849429faf1b575475a.png

In the unemployed soak tests that Ive run Ive not seen Shirt no 12 being allocated to anyone

Good afternoon,

I am a first-team recruitment scout for Exeter City Football Club on a casual basis - I messaged Seb Wassell who mentioned he would bring the below mentioned issue up with a Head Football League researcher but he also mentioned to report it here.

On Exeter City's backroom staff you have Paul Molesworth as Chief Scout but he scouted for Exeter City around 3 or 4 years ago and is not involved with the club. Marcus Flitcroft is the Head of Recruitment and Analysis, so his role in FM should be that of Chief Scout & Head Performance Analyst, rather than him as Scout and Paul Molesworth as Chief Scout.

By the same token, as mentioned I am a first-team recruitment scout on a casual basis, and by that I mean i'm not contracted to the club, I am paid per report and can work for other clubs if approached. At Exeter City there are 11 or 12 of us, and I can't speak for all, but if I could personally by added to the game as an unemployed scout I would love it if this could happen? I ask unemployed as i'm not contracted to Exeter City.

I have player reports I have compiled that I can send across, these are from last season as the club are looking at players for January so I wouldn't be able to send any current players i've watched across, but happy to send reports from last season to help my credentials - i'm not really sure how to go about this or if it can happen but thought it's worth an ask!

Many thanks,

Mark

• SI Staff

That is a mistake. The League One minimum pitch width is set incorrectly in the database as 75m. The minimum should be set as 70m.

6 hours ago, MFlay said:

Good afternoon,

I am a first-team recruitment scout for Exeter City Football Club on a casual basis - I messaged Seb Wassell who mentioned he would bring the below mentioned issue up with a Head Football League researcher but he also mentioned to report it here.

On Exeter City's backroom staff you have Paul Molesworth as Chief Scout but he scouted for Exeter City around 3 or 4 years ago and is not involved with the club. Marcus Flitcroft is the Head of Recruitment and Analysis, so his role in FM should be that of Chief Scout & Head Performance Analyst, rather than him as Scout and Paul Molesworth as Chief Scout.

By the same token, as mentioned I am a first-team recruitment scout on a casual basis, and by that I mean i'm not contracted to the club, I am paid per report and can work for other clubs if approached. At Exeter City there are 11 or 12 of us, and I can't speak for all, but if I could personally by added to the game as an unemployed scout I would love it if this could happen? I ask unemployed as i'm not contracted to Exeter City.

I have player reports I have compiled that I can send across, these are from last season as the club are looking at players for January so I wouldn't be able to send any current players i've watched across, but happy to send reports from last season to help my credentials - i'm not really sure how to go about this or if it can happen but thought it's worth an ask!

Many thanks,

Mark

Thank you Mark.

As you will be aware, we don't have the concept of freelancers in the job market in Football Manager, as you have described your scouting.

Someone can be set as a scout for a club if they are paid by the club. Again, we do not include the concept of non-contract scouts in the game.

Thank you for the info on Molesworth and Flitcroft. We have Flitcroft set as Chief Scout in the database. Exeter have not kept the public informed of their scouting team lineup, so it is difficult for us to know when people leave and join in that department. We shall remove Molesworth, but that is now too late for the Release database and will have to wait until the first official data update.

You can send as many reports over as you'd like - I'd love to see them! ;)

• SI Staff

The pitch minimum is set incorrectly in the database at 75m, where it should be set to 70m. I apologise for that error, and I hope the fix will make it in for the release.

Sheffield Wednesday: 

Barry Bannan seems to want to leave the club and is the worst at training. 

In real life he is the heartbeat of the team, signed a new contract following relegation through love of the club despite being far to good for league one. Just doesn't ring true when he clearly loves the club and puts in such a large amount of efforts in games. He also has dark hair in the 3D games when he is very much blonde.

Paddy Lane (90091510) at Fleetwood's birthplace should be set as Halifax  - he currently doesn't have anything set.

Lee Turnbull (2005763) definitely shouldn't be down as being at Peterborough, as he left them in April to take up his current role as Scunthorpe's chief operating officer.

Sean Clare in Charlton has played in the defensive line, right or left back, since he joined the club over a year ago. But in the game he isn't able to play either. He should definitely be listed as a right back, rather then a right midfield/winger. Haven't seen him play winger for a really long time. 

@Im not Mozzer Bolton

Coach Matt Pelham (2000147400) has his long and short names round the wrong way

Sean Taylor (29221345) Analyst & Jack Inman (29175758) Sports Scientist

Both are on the B Team staff profiles page on the website and so U21 is a better fit than U18

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/teams/b-team-staff/

David Newbold (89050532) is listed as Dave on the club website

I suggest that is added as his Short Name with David for his Full Name

The following are missing U18 staff:

With Julian Darby as U18 Manager - Robert Moss should probably be created as U18 Assistant Manager

Matt Stephens should be created as a U18 Analyst

James Welsh should be a U18 Sports Scientist

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/teams/youth-team-staff/

Edited by tv_capper

• SI Staff
    On 02/11/2022 at 16:07, Fredriksco said:

Sean Clare in Charlton has played in the defensive line, right or left back, since he joined the club over a year ago. But in the game he isn't able to play either. He should definitely be listed as a right back, rather then a right midfield/winger. Haven't seen him play winger for a really long time. 

Thank you. This was fixed a couple of weeks ago and will be updated in Tuesday's release database.

• SI Staff
    On 29/10/2022 at 21:01, c_jenn said:

Sheffield Wednesday: 

Barry Bannan seems to want to leave the club and is the worst at training. 

In real life he is the heartbeat of the team, signed a new contract following relegation through love of the club despite being far to good for league one. Just doesn't ring true when he clearly loves the club and puts in such a large amount of efforts in games. He also has dark hair in the 3D games when he is very much blonde.

If he wants to leave the club it's going to be because he feels he is too good for the division, in the game.

So, do you want us to make him a worse player? Because we cannot increase the reputation of League One.

8 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

If he wants to leave the club it's going to be because he feels he is too good for the division, in the game.

So, do you want us to make him a worse player? Because we cannot increase the reputation of League One.

At the moment Bannan's Ambition rating is fairly high, and greater than his Loyalty rating, which is going to influence his desire to move up divisions. He also only has Celtic listed in his favoured clubs, so adding a rating for Sheff Weds could be appropriate.

• SI Staff
    8 hours ago, swansongs said:

At the moment Bannan's Ambition rating is fairly high, and greater than his Loyalty rating, which is going to influence his desire to move up divisions. He also only has Celtic listed in his favoured clubs, so adding a rating for Sheff Weds could be appropriate.

Yes, those are amends we can make that could make that difference. We'll get those changes in, though the release database is already locked for Tuesday.

Morecambe

Vinnie Wright (2000200702) should be Vinny Wright according to the club website https://www.morecambefc.com/teams/u18s/defender/vinny-wright/

Andrew Evans (2000200699) should have the Short Name Andy Evans as that is how he is listed on the club website https://www.morecambefc.com/teams/u18s/defender/andy-evans/

Matty Williams (2000200703) should have Matthew Williams as his full name as that is how he is listed on the club website https://www.morecambefc.com/teams/u18s/forward/matthew-williams/

Edited by tv_capper

On 03/11/2022 at 12:58, tv_capper said:

@Im not Mozzer Bolton

Coach Matt Pelham (2000147400) has his long and short names round the wrong way

Sean Taylor (29221345) Analyst & Jack Inman (29175758) Sports Scientist

Both are on the B Team staff profiles page on the website and so U21 is a better fit than U18

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/teams/b-team-staff/

David Newbold (89050532) is listed as Dave on the club website

I suggest that is added as his Short Name with David for his Full Name

The following are missing U18 staff:

With Julian Darby as U18 Manager - Robert Moss should probably be created as U18 Assistant Manager

Matt Stephens should be created as a U18 Analyst

James Welsh should be a U18 Sports Scientist

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/teams/youth-team-staff/

Some interesting stuff there - the revised staff list that I put into the game came from an impeccable source and didn't mention any of the people there.

Plymouth Argyle

George Roberts has been appointed Head of Academy Operations but don't know what role that would come under.

https://www.cornwallfa.com/news/2022/nov/15/george-roberts-to-leave-cornwall-fa-to-lead-on-academy-operations-at-plymouth-argyle-football-club

Gareth Law replaces Nick Fulton as Head Physio

Matt Ellery is Foundation Phase Lead Coach 

Erin Spiller is Head of Academy Medical

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-appoint-gareth-law-7900758.amp

1 hour ago, matthew_salisbury19 said:

Plymouth Argyle

George Roberts has been appointed Head of Academy Operations but don't know what role that would come under.

https://www.cornwallfa.com/news/2022/nov/15/george-roberts-to-leave-cornwall-fa-to-lead-on-academy-operations-at-plymouth-argyle-football-club

Gareth Law replaces Nick Fulton as Head Physio

Matt Ellery is Foundation Phase Lead Coach 

Erin Spiller is Head of Academy Medical

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/plymouth-argyle-appoint-gareth-law-7900758.amp

George Roberts - No role for him in game.

Matt Ellery - No role for him in game.

Gareth Law - News isn't really needed to be posted in here but is reflected in the next update.

Erin Spiller - Waiting back on more information as to what exactly her role is as Tom Hunter is still employed to my knowledge.