• Created people do not appear in game

Trevor L.
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I added some people to my game using the pre game editor and when I start a game they do not appear. I have attached my file, hopefully you can fix the issue

Trevor L.

Trev1.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

10 hours ago, petepompei said:

Having the same problem here too and the created players and staff I have made were all assigned a club. Just wondering if the problem might lie in the OS of the computer (I'm on mac running Big Sur)...

I’m also on Mac - although never had this problem with any previous versions

5 hours ago, BilalAli87 said:

I’m also on Mac - although never had this problem with any previous versions

I'm on a mac, after experimentation the issue seems to be that you can't have more than one editor file in one save game. i tried unticking the other editor files and kept the one with my edits and they showed up. I hope SI fix this issue because I'm reluctant to start a new save game

2 hours ago, lex311085 said:

I'm on a mac, after experimentation the issue seems to be that you can't have more than one editor file in one save game. i tried unticking the other editor files and kept the one with my edits and they showed up. I hope SI fix this issue because I'm reluctant to start a new save game

Weird, must be hit and miss as I've just tried the same on mine and only selected the one edit file with my changes and the same happened - created team/stadium came through but no created staff/players. Has to be a bug.

I comment on my experience. In previous years creating several files (with different data) and loading them when starting the game, everything worked correctly.

This year I have made 3 files:

1) FHJ New Players + new Employees: creation of players and employees, assigned / associated with a team.

2) FHJ Medios Comunicación + Journalists: creation of media and journalists associated with these media.

3) FHJ Representatives: creation of world representatives.

When I load the 3 files, all of them are displayed correctly except for the number 1. The created players and employees do not appear when loading the game (with the maximum data). It's all very weird.
    If I do a test and only upload file 1 it works fine for me. I think it does not allow to merge several files at the same time when in previous years it was allowed without any problem (attached files).

I hope that SI will solve it soon because for those of us who are with the Editor every day, all this is very cumbersome.

FHJ - Jugadores + Empleados (nuevos).fmf FHJ - Medios + Periodistas.fmf FHJ - Representantes.fmf

Edited by Horcajada

These two files are imported from the FM21.

In 1 Entrenadores, I made modifications, created new people, and all the people in the file appear in a new game.

In 2 Jugadores I also created new people, but in a new game, only those created in the file made for FM21 appear. New personas created with the FM22 editor do not appear in the game.

1 Entrenadores v1.96.xml 2 Jugadores v110.1.xml

Evening guys. 
    So it’s not entirely ideal but I have discovered a work around for this issue. I noticed when porting an old database over from FM20 to FM22 that all the created players showed up. 
    So I did some testing and created a ton of new players in my FM20 pre game editor then loaded and saved this in the FM22 editor loaded that database into FM22 and they all showed up present and correct. Not tried this with the FM21 editor as I skipped a year but it may work. Hope this helps a few of you out and helps track the issue down. 

1 hour ago, Andy210484 said:

Evening guys. 
    So it’s not entirely ideal but I have discovered a work around for this issue. I noticed when porting an old database over from FM20 to FM22 that all the created players showed up. 
    So I did some testing and created a ton of new players in my FM20 pre game editor then loaded and saved this in the FM22 editor loaded that database into FM22 and they all showed up present and correct. Not tried this with the FM21 editor as I skipped a year but it may work. Hope this helps a few of you out and helps track the issue down. 

This is basically where I am too. I work on the 03-04 retro database every year - I was happy to see that almost everyone loaded in from the FM21 version of the file. These were all database entries made in the 19/20/21 editors. 35k+ people iirc. Additional players I created in the 22 editor to "fill the holes" - SI delete a lot of player entries every year, I have to cross-reference+make them all over again...not fun, it was about 700ish - they don't show up at all.

20 hours ago, Andy210484 said:

Evening guys. 

did you used combined DB? THis works if you only use 1 DB with created players I thought.

10 minutes ago, Moondog777 said:

did you used combined DB? THis works if you only use 1 DB with created players I thought.

Combined. As I’m using Nik33’s agents pack of the steam workshop, plus a couple of fantasy leagues in Gibraltar and San Marino. 

I'm not sure if it's relevant or might help you track down the bug but I noticed when I tried to add player partnerships (under the team -> STaff and players) I got the following weirdness.

Search for player

Search finds player just fine. But instead of putting the player's name under "Player 1" it instead shows this rather bizarre error *NO RECORD FOUND FOR 2002042257 which is the correct ID for the searched for player. Seems like some query is borked somewhere and that may be causing a cascade of problems.

Also to add the non-playing history sections also don't appear to be working correctly.

Added a manager, has a playing history and manager career. Seems to default the biography and stats right up the managerial position placed into. in this example, retired as a player at 52, into his first manager job .. where as retired in the 30's had plenty of non playing history entries.

Likewise on the non-players being added and them not appearing in the game unless they're added to a team. 

Few examples extra if needed.

Cheers.

NonPlay1.JPG

NonPlay2.JPG

hace 17 horas, G60Mk1 dijo:

Also to add the non-playing history sections also don't appear to be working correctly.

Added a manager, has a playing history and manager career. Seems to default the biography and stats right up the managerial position placed into. in this example, retired as a player at 52, into his first manager job .. where as retired in the 30's had plenty of non playing history entries.

Likewise on the non-players being added and them not appearing in the game unless they're added to a team. 

Few examples extra if needed.

Cheers.

NonPlay1.JPG

NonPlay2.JPG

The reality is that this way it is impossible to work with this tool and worst of all, it seems that they are not going to give us a prompt solution. A shame, because the Editor takes this game to the next level.

On 13/11/2021 at 22:23, Luke Hume said:

Thanks for raising this issue guys. 

We are aware of this and it is under investigation. 

As a workaround in the meantime, the issue only seems to appear when the person IS NOT assigned to a club so if you assign them to a club, they should appear. If this is not the case, please let us know. 

Cheers,

Luke

I think the problem here is that the Editor when making a new .fmf file and creating a new player in that .fmf file, starts it Unique ID numbering from the beginning. Meaning that there are multiple .fmf files with the same Unique IDs and I think the created IDs are overwriting each other. Can you confirm or deny?

I've just tested it and found the cause of the bug. 

37 minutes ago, BuurmanDeBuurman said:

I think the problem here is that the Editor when making a new .fmf file and creating a new player in that .fmf file, starts it Unique ID numbering from the beginning. Meaning that there are multiple .fmf files with the same Unique IDs and I think the created IDs are overwriting each other. Can you confirm or deny?

I use the License fix files from Mons on Sortitoutsi. I then made an additional file for the club I want to change. 

I disabled Ajax / Bookmakers / Juventus / Man United / media files - fmf files, because I believed these to contain newly added Unique IDs.

Then my file where I added my own staff showed up in the game. 

The Ajax file has Unique ID - 2002042238 for a person by the name of Hans Weijers, staff at Ajax.

When I added a new person in my fmf - SloughPleaseWork. It also used Unique ID - 2002042238. Hence why they don't show up in the game.

Now we can hopefully work towards a fix.

explorer_cs9O6DnWr6.png

Edited by BuurmanDeBuurman

On 27/11/2021 at 18:36, BuurmanDeBuurman said:

I use the License fix files from Mons on Sortitoutsi. I then made an additional file for the club I want to change. 

I disabled Ajax / Bookmakers / Juventus / Man United / media files - fmf files, because I believed these to contain newly added Unique IDs.

The Ajax file has Unique ID - 2002042238 for a person by the name of Hans Weijers, staff at Ajax.

When I added a new person in my fmf - SloughPleaseWork. It also used Unique ID - 2002042238. Hence why they don't show up in the game.

explorer_cs9O6DnWr6.png

I would like to think this could be a potential problem - but I don't think it's the underlying issue - I've not merged any of my editor files and apart from the first time of setting up, have only used the editor file I created. I've checked all the ID's and couldn't find any duplicates in my file - so I think something else is at hand unfortunately.

• Administrators

Just to update on this one as appreciate have been a fair few posts since, it is indeed an issue we're confident of being able to address, apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

En 27/11/2021 a las 19:36, BuurmanDeBuurman dijo:

explorer_cs9O6DnWr6.png

Where did you get those Sortitoutsi files from ??? I can't find them. Thanks!!!

Same issue here. I know SI are working on it. I am certain it is specific to the FM22 editor rather than combining files now.

I have JLeague player file, JLeague referee file, Nik33 agent pack and a huge media file as well as the sortitoutsi lisence fix and sortitoutsi live update. All work fine, and the non-sortitoutsi files listed were ported by creators from FM21 into the FM22 editor then saved as FMF.

Only the people created from scratch in the FM22 editor don't work. Even if you save them within the file exported then imported then saved as FMF from FM21, the only ones not there are the FM22 creations. Every single instance from an imported FM21 editor file is appearing in game regardless of how many addons, but none of the people added using the FM22 are.

Edited by joe5p