• English League 1 [Discussion]

Kyle Brown
    • Public Status: Announcement Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the English League 1.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful to others opinions and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just loaded up the Charlton squad and it looks great. A few things to point out that I think need updating:

Probably due to be added anyway but we've just signed Goalkeeper Sam Walker on a free

Chuks Aneke returned IRL from injury on 16th Sept so shouldn't be out for as long as 3 to 4 months at the start of the game

Player stats/ratings all look great and accurate, but there are a couple minor things I disagree with:

Tayo Edun is better rated on the game as a CM/DM, but I think should definitely be stronger as a LB/LWB that can also play in midfield. He's much better as a LB/LWB and that's where he's played in recent years with only the odd game in midfield

Panutche Camara's dribbling should be higher than 10 imo. He's well known as one of the better dribblers from midfield at this level so 10 definitely feels a bit low

Edited by DJ8

3 hours ago, DJ8 said:

Panutche Camara's dribbling should be higher than 10 imo. He's well known as one of the better dribblers from midfield at this level so 10 definitely feels a bit low

Having watched him very closely for a number of years I disagree on this. He's not a great 'dribbler' as such for me, just carries the ball forwards a lot but he's not intricate with his dribbling.

Christina_D

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, DJ8 said:

Tayo Edun is better rated on the game as a CM/DM, but I think should definitely be stronger as a LB/LWB that can also play in midfield. He's much better as a LB/LWB and that's where he's played in recent years with only the odd game in midfield

Spoiler

Edun is rated 20 for both LB and LWB (18 for DM, 17 for CM)

This is just a guess, but it is quite possible your assistant manager (or whoever you have set advising you on players best role/position/etc) does not have the best relevant stats

Edited by Christina_D

mrsmiis

Posted (edited)

Hi all, a few possible amendments to make to Reading player Tyler Bindon's (2000293527) data:

- Please add his mother Jenny Bindon (88030726) as preferred personnel
    - As per registration documents, he was registered for New Zealand club East Coast Bays AFC (88000949) from 24/11/2020 to 31/12/2021 but did not make a first-team appearance. Before and after this, he was with LAFC. I can confirm that he was in New Zealand during 2020 and 2021 to be with his family during COVID and was with East Coast Bays, but I'm relatively sure he returned to the USA before 31/12/2021. He was also with East Coast Bays throughout his childhood years, departing in late 2017/early 2018 for the USA. It may be worth adding East Coast Bays to his player history for 2021 at the very least, as they were his youth club and would receive a portion of any fee he may garner - just a bit iffy on the timeframe!
    - Tyler was born in Auckland, New Zealand.

Cheers!

Edited by mrsmiis

13 hours ago, matt_neil41 said:

Having watched him very closely for a number of years I disagree on this. He's not a great 'dribbler' as such for me, just carries the ball forwards a lot but he's not intricate with his dribbling.

He takes players on with ease. In 2021/22 he had the more successful dribbles per 90 than any other central midfielder at this level. Just a simple search of his name on YouTube will bring up compilations that show he probably deserves better than a 10 dribbling rating 

2 hours ago, DJ8 said:

He takes players on with ease. In 2021/22 he had the more successful dribbles per 90 than any other central midfielder at this level. Just a simple search of his name on YouTube will bring up compilations that show he probably deserves better than a 10 dribbling rating 

As just stated, I have watched him as a fan and also professionally for a number of years. 

For me there is a big difference in beating a player whilst running (which is what a successful dribble as a metric is classed as) and being a good dribbler.

@I'm Not Mozzer Hey, for the last few versions of FM Bolton have been paying back an absolute fortune per month for a chairpersons loan, I'm sorry if this isn't something you can help with, but surely we aren't currently paying Sharon Brittan 700k a month? I wondered if this could be looked at because its killing any save I try to have with Bolton.

Northampton vs Peterborough is a derby instead of a fierce rivalry I think, it's called The Nene Derby.

Jon Brady should be down as just a manager in the club icons section because he never played for us.

Aaron McGowan should be our vice captain at the start of the game instead of Hoskins

Edited by rhensn
    added another slight issue on

A few recommendations for Barnsley:

• Barry Cotter - Long Throws should be at least 15. 
    • Vimal Yoganathan - Potential Ability should be higher. Been involved in a few First Team squads already. 
    • Rogan Ravenhill - Potential Ability should be a lot higher. Similar or better than Kieren Flavell. 
    • Devante Cole - Work Rate should be higher. Perhaps Finishing & Anticipation too.

P.S can anyone hard code in some good Analysing Data and Set-Piece attributes for myself please :lol:

Edited by MattTrev97

32 minutes ago, donaldvass said:

Not a major one, but Portsmouth's 22/23 League One finish (in 'League History' tab) is 21st - we were bad, but not that bad! We finished 8th

Good spot, thanks for reporting this @donaldvass. Unfortunately the FM24 ORDB will now be locked but it may get updated for one of the official data updates if lucky else we will have to wait for the Winter update Im afraid

Hoping for a better EFL L1 finish this season :D 

12 hours ago, mrsmiis said:

Hi all, a few possible amendments to make to Reading player Tyler Bindon's (2000293527) data:

- Please add his mother Jenny Bindon (88030726) as preferred personnel
    - As per registration documents, he was registered for New Zealand club East Coast Bays AFC (88000949) from 24/11/2020 to 31/12/2021 but did not make a first-team appearance. Before and after this, he was with LAFC. I can confirm that he was in New Zealand during 2020 and 2021 to be with his family during COVID and was with East Coast Bays, but I'm relatively sure he returned to the USA before 31/12/2021. He was also with East Coast Bays throughout his childhood years, departing in late 2017/early 2018 for the USA. It may be worth adding East Coast Bays to his player history as they were his youth club and would receive a portion of any fee he may garner - just a bit iffy on the timeframe!
    - Tyler was born in Auckland, New Zealand.

Cheers!

Also his height is incorrect. In game he is 6'0, whereas he is actually probably about 6'3/6'4 in real life. Can't find anything concrete anywhere, but if you look at photos he's a good couple of inches taller than Nelson Abbey who is 6'2

Harvey Knibbs has got really really poor attributes compared to the rest of the Reading team. I know we aren't great in reality, but he is one of the better players in the team, but in game a lot of youth players have better attributes.

On 20/10/2023 at 16:44, MattTrev97 said:

A few recommendations for Barnsley:

• Barry Cotter - Long Throws should be at least 15. 
    • Vimal Yoganathan - Potential Ability should be higher. Been involved in a few First Team squads already. 
    • Rogan Ravenhill - Potential Ability should be a lot higher. Similar or better than Kieren Flavell. 
    • Devante Cole - Work Rate should be higher. Perhaps Finishing & Anticipation too.

P.S can anyone hard code in some good Analysing Data and Set-Piece attributes for myself please :lol:

Thanks for the input, Matt. Fair assessments overall. On reflection the suggestions for Devante seem fair - he's looked a lot more clinical this season. I haven't seen enough of Cotter's long throws to suggest an attribute as high as 15, but you're much more qualified to comment than I am.

12 minutes ago, Adamm90 said:

Thanks for the input, Matt. Fair assessments overall. On reflection the suggestions for Devante seem fair - he's looked a lot more clinical this season. I haven't seen enough of Cotter's long throws to suggest an attribute as high as 15, but you're much more qualified to comment than I am.

You've done a great job. I'm impressed with the accuracy. A lot of players to cover and not much I disagree with other than what I've said already.

Cole seems more than good enough in-game; he always plays better than his attributes suggest - might be some of the hidden stuff.

I don't think I've ever seen a throw-in like the one Cotter did vs. Portsmouth (A) last season but perhaps his consistency lets him down. It should definitely be the highest in the squad though. 

With Portsmouth few minor things:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-secret-weapon-behind-portsmouths-assist-king-as-former-chelsea-manchester-united-and-tottenham-hotspur-target-delivers-again-4380813

Joe Prodomo is the goal-keeping coach. But, also getting used for set pieces. So, a score of 3 of them might need adjusting.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/young-portsmouth-defender-makes-shock-announcement-just-weeks-after-being-named-in-blues-official-squad-list-for-2023-24-season-4379449

He only recently announced he has left Pompey

On the Affiliates page no link with Havent? Usually, setup and a friendy each year does happen.

Staff again, Phil Broadman is planning to join Everton shortly. 

14 hours ago, gauge100_taylor said:

With Portsmouth few minor things:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-secret-weapon-behind-portsmouths-assist-king-as-former-chelsea-manchester-united-and-tottenham-hotspur-target-delivers-again-4380813

Joe Prodomo is the goal-keeping coach. But, also getting used for set pieces. So, a score of 3 of them might need adjusting.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/young-portsmouth-defender-makes-shock-announcement-just-weeks-after-being-named-in-blues-official-squad-list-for-2023-24-season-4379449

He only recently announced he has left Pompey

On the Affiliates page no link with Havent? Usually, setup and a friendy each year does happen.

Staff again, Phil Broadman is planning to join Everton shortly. 

Hi, thanks for the post and observations

Joe Prodomo - Good spot. He does need looking at I agree but ORDB is now locked unfortunately. 

Spencer Spurway - I saw this but ORDB was already locked

Havant and Waterlooville - This is in the ORDB so if missing will be a bug, I'll raise it. I think this also happened for FM23 and I raised this previously

FM24 Early Access Bug: 

Phil Boardman - Its going to happen but hasnt happened yet. My sources at the club suggest he wont move to Everton officially until Jan. If so this change will hopefully be in the Winter update

Edited by MrPompey

Just a few observations on Reading FC for your review & consideration. Thanks.

Basil Tuma (full name Basil Tenywa Tuma) is a Maltese international at U19 & U21 level, appearing for both of the Malta youth sides this year. Maltese should be his primary nationality with Ugandan 2nd & English 3rd. He was born in Uganda, and was in their youth programme previously, but has switched allegiance. His main position and media description should be Striker with secondary position AML and third position as AMR.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/basil-tuma/profil/spieler/937480

Tivonge Rushesha is seen more as a DM by the current staff so if he plays, it would be there. His secondary position would be MC, and he should retain an ability to play DRL and WBRL too which I believe is where he would have been used previously with the Swansea U21 team.

Tom Holmes is technically VC (in game it says Tom McIntyre). Although the reality is that Nelson Abbey has captained the first team more than anybody this season. So I suggest it would be better to put Abbey as VC behind club captain Andy Yiadom. Although Yiadom hasn't been in the side that much, when he came on as a sub this season, Abbey handed the armband to him during the switch. 

Brian Carey should be Chief Scout as he is definitely the most senior person at the club on the Scouting side, reporting to Mark Bowen who ultimately oversees Recruitment.

I'm not sure what role 'Head of Academy Coaching' Jamie Greenwood should be given (if any) but he is in the Who's Who and the Wexford article photo on the final link.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/club/whos-who

I am virtually certain that Steve Shorey is no longer there but have not been able to find evidence to support it. If he is still around, he would be beneath Carey in the Scouting ranks anyway. Transfermarkt says he rejoined as a Scout on 7th February 2023 but honestly I am a little doubtful if that is correct.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/steve-shorey/profil/trainer/15716

The CEO is Dayang Pang (Chinese) but he is never seen or heard from. Given his lack of ability, involvement or usefulness, it honestly doesn't matter to anyone if his name is not seen in game. And with any luck by full release the whole ownership might be different...

I'm not sure that there are formal associations with any affiliates these days. Basingstoke may still have a very loose connection as they pop up with occasional 'supportive tweets' so they could remain. I believe the other three can be removed and probably didn't exist for many years. A new link with Wexford (Ireland) was announced recently for the benefit of the RFC Academy. This was announced since BETA launch.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/october/23/academy-seal-official-partnership-with-wexford-fc/

Edited by Jogo Bonito

also terry ablade only having 14 acceleration and pace is mental. hes the fastest player i have ever seen in my life definitely should be at least 16 on both or even higher