FM19 Mobile-VNL North/South to Premier League in 5 seasons!!

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Cooperd97 said:

Have to say pretty proud of this one! Been playing since FM16 taking teams from VNL North/South and this is by far the best I've ever achieved! 😁Taking York to the Prem in 5 Season winning every League trophy of the way!

Screenshot_20190227-204307.jpg

Screenshot_20190227-204325.jpg

Congratulations! Good luck in the Premier League! Did you keep the great Jon Parkin around as a staff member?

4 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Congratulations! Good luck in the Premier League! Did you keep the great Jon Parkin around as a staff member?

Thank you Sebastian! Proper made me laugh about good old John,Thought it was only me who kept him 😂

44 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Lads, this is yet more evidence of the game being too easy.

I disagree with you Dean, This is probably the 25th+ time I have attempted doing this over 4 generations of the game,* lot of hours 😂 *it's took a lot of persistance to get to this point , and I've gained a huge amount of experience through doing that, Do agree some aspects of the game are easy, however a major factor is the players skill and experience ,and you won't see a huge number of people being able to accomplish that same achievement,to put it down the the game being " easier " is unfair.

41 minutes ago, Cooperd97 said:

however a major factor is the players skill and experience

Absolutely. For the many of us who do have this experience, VNL North/South to Premier League in 5 seasons is a fairly typical career.

And this is part of the problem. If you have this experience, the game ends up being easy.

2 minutes ago, Footix said:

"The game is easy when you are good at it" 

Hmmm... I struggle to see that as an argument. Everything is easy when you are good at it! 

Replace "good" with "experienced" (which is what I actually said).

So, "the game is easy when you are experienced at it".

9 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Absolutely. For the many of us who do have this experience, VNL North/South to Premier League in 5 seasons is a fairly typical career.

And this is part of the problem. If you have this experience, the game ends up being easy.

I do see where your coming from, for the experienced players once you've done it a few time you do get the hang of it, and you can't get much harder than that, leading to it getting slightly tedious over time, would be good to add a harder mode if you choose so or something along that line, guess it's just finding the right balance of level for experienced players but also considering players who aren't so great

7 hours ago, Cooperd97 said:

I do see where your coming from, for the experienced players once you've done it a few time you do get the hang of it, and you can't get much harder than that, leading to it getting slightly tedious over time, would be good to add a harder mode if you choose so or something along that line, guess it's just finding the right balance of level for experienced players but also considering players who aren't so great

Exactly this.

On 28/02/2019 at 14:27, Cooperd97 said:

I disagree with you Dean, This is probably the 25th+ time I have attempted doing this over 4 generations of the game,* lot of hours 😂 *it's took a lot of persistance to get to this point , and I've gained a huge amount of experience through doing that, Do agree some aspects of the game are easy, however a major factor is the players skill and experience ,and you won't see a huge number of people being able to accomplish that same achievement,to put it down the the game being " easier " is unfair.

Even the very best manager in real life would not take York to the Prem in 5 seasons barring a sugar daddy owner taking over. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2019 at 08:47, fish18ish said:

Even the very best manager in real life would not take York to the Prem in 5 seasons barring a sugar daddy owner taking over. 

Just because that's true does not necessarily mean that it shouldn't be possible in the game, what would then be the point of even having the VNL N/S if it was that realistic you could never do anything par the league your already in because it would be like that in real life,there needs to be some sense of achievement in the game for players and this is one, this is the hardest thing you can do in the game which experienced players like to challenge there selves with,regardless of how realistic this is compared the real life * obviously this only complies with certain aspects,i and players want the game to be realistic in many ways * but going by that logic in real life Leicester was something like 25,000-1 to win the league and they did, is that how hard FM should be? 

1 hour ago, Cooperd97 said:

Just because that's true does not necessarily mean that it shouldn't be possible in the game, what would then be the point of even having the VNL N/S if it was that realistic you could never do anything par the league your already in because it would be like that in real life,there needs to be some sense of achievement in the game for players and this is one, this is the hardest thing you can do in the game which experienced players like to challenge there selves with,regardless of how realistic this is compared the real life * obviously this only complies with certain aspects,i and players want the game to be realistic in many ways * but going by that logic in real life Leicester was something like 25,000-1 to win the league and they did, is that how hard FM should be? 

FMM should be hard enough that what happens in it seems within the realms of possibility. If back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back promotions were a 25,000-1 occurrence in game that would be fine, but really anyone who is experienced at the game can do it if they build their squad for the long term and invest right. And can I ask what sense of achievement this creates? For me, such an absurd and unrealistic "achievement" only serves to downplay something that would normally be a challenge in itself, like one promotion, or 2 back-to-back. I'm not saying it should be impossible to take a non-league team to the top, but for people to be able to do it this quickly is absolutely ludicrous. 

Its the antithesis of a challenge, so when the highs do come, they don't feel nearly as high as they should do.

• SI Staff

Personally I'm still amazed when people manage to do something like this ... not least because I've never managed it myself in back to back seasons, bottom to top in 10 years, yeah I've managed that ... but straight seasons never ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2019 at 20:54, Marc Vaughan said:

Personally I'm still amazed when people manage to do something like this ... not least because I've never managed it myself in back to back seasons, bottom to top in 10 years, yeah I've managed that ... but straight seasons never ...

:):thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I usually just use the 4-1-2-2-1 on attacking whenever I take control of a team that far down and that always takes me straight to the prem but then my teams form gets really inconsistent, I've done this for a year or two and it's remained as solid as ever

• 1 month later...

Just as a side point on this - I'd consider myself experienced on FMM. I've never been able to do the VNL North/South to Premier League in 5 seasons, but I set my own challenges to make the game a bit tougher.

For example, only signing players on free transfers or only signing domestic players.

I started playing as Racing Santander in the Spanish third tier and it took me 3 seasons to get them promoted to the second tier based on the above restrictions.

There's a certain level of satisfaction knowing I haven't spent a penny on transfer fees.

This game can't be everything to everybody and it is basically what you make it. A lot of people will play as Man City then say the game is too easy.

• 1 month later...

Archived