Managers becoming club legends/icons/favourites

Hey,

Can managers (first person managers, such as us) become a clubs favourite/icon/legend?

I've won every single trophy possible with Middlesbrough (premiership, champions league, fa cup, carling cup - got the community shield this year) and I'm not on the clubs favourite yet the enws bullton says something like the fans applaud me and "love" me. (I'm about to start my third season, finished 4th in my first ahead of Man Utd)

I spent around 8 seasons with Barcelona with fm07 and I also wasn't on their favourites either.

Can we become favourites or not?

A major thing which must be looked at for the next versions of the game.I was Blackpool manager for 8 years,took them to the Premiership,established them there,made them win the league cup,took them to Europe twice.Surely,if a manager did this with Blackpool he'd be a legend at that club,but I'm nothing ?

Thats just ridiculous,needs to be looked at

Yes we can at least become favourites I have done so on my Leeds save after winning the prem and champions league with them. Dont know about Legends and Icons yet but I would imagine so.

How long did it take?

I want to become a Middlesbrough favourite before I join another club (outside of England).

I rejected offers from Manchester United (sir alex retired) and Napoli in Italy, Osason (cant remember the club name) from Spain.

A major thing which must be looked at for the next versions of the game.I was Blackpool manager for 8 years,took them to the Premiership,established them there,made them win the league cup,took them to Europe twice.Surely,if a manager did this with Blackpool he'd be a legend at that club,but I'm nothing ?

Definitely.

I remember with Barcelona I won around 6 league titles, 4 championship titles and a couple of spanish cups within 8 years.

Surely the crowd would think.. mmmm favourite!

Hey,

Can managers (first person managers, such as us) become a clubs favourite/icon/legend?

I've won every single trophy possible with Middlesbrough (premiership, champions league, fa cup, carling cup - got the community shield this year) and I'm not on the clubs favourite yet the enws bullton says something like the fans applaud me and "love" me. (I'm about to start my third season, finished 4th in my first ahead of Man Utd)

I spent around 8 seasons with Barcelona with fm07 and I also wasn't on their favourites either.

Can we become favourites or not?

Mate will u tell me ur secret??

how did u win all that in ur 1st 3 seasons??????

i was man city and i won the fa cup and uefa cup, think i was a favourite!

Mate will u tell me ur secret??

how did u win all that in ur 1st 3 seasons??????

I got Van Der Vart offered to me for £8.5M from Real Madrid. (first season)

He made my season.

I made sure every player had their right training schedule, I made sure all my training areas had 5 stars (coaches).

I then sold David Wheater at the end of the season for £35.5M to Real Madrid, and with that money I got Chretien for 6M (amazing player.) I also got Mathiue (french player) for £8M.

Sold Robert Huth for £9M to bayern munich, Chris Riggot to Derby (£2.5M) and used my youth team for backup for defenders.

With the erst of my money I got Kacar for £12.5M (serbian player) and Cardozo (£4M).

I finished 4th in my first season ahead of united whilst winning the League cup (but I played all lower teams in the league cup)

I finished level with United on same points but I had the one goal difference.

I got £25M tv rev etc which then Mr Gibson improved the stadium from 35.000 to 42.000.

I'm requesting to move stadium but I doubt he will accept.

Anyways this is besides the point!

My team:

22379fd6efd06d8fm09.PNG

was man city and i won the fa cup and uefa cup, think i was a favourite!

That's unfair if I'm boro and they have lower expectations and I win more than you yet i dont get on as a fav!

totally agree mate!

u done a serious job bud!

i had j moutinho as my main man! hes pure class! made him capt in 2nd season! also sold robinho for 24mil to ac!!

can i ask wot leagues u load, wot database you load etc..??

totally agree mate!

u done a serious job bud!

i had j moutinho as my main man! hes pure class! made him capt in 2nd season! also sold robinho for 24mil to ac!!

can i ask wot leagues u load, wot database you load etc..??

The last screen shot, just signed him for £10M. AMAZING!!!!!

53012eb5b7ee381boro2.PNG

83621e7d87c1cc0boro3.PNG

0240814c430a381boro4.PNG

102709e1d217f31boro5.PNG

• 2 months later...

as far as i know there's a percentage chance every time you win a trophy that you'll be added to the favourites list, just as there's a roughly 50% chance at the end of each season that the fan's player of the year will get added to the list

it's a bit of a sloppy system, as it's perfectly possible to be the club's most succesful manager in history by far and still not be a club favourite (whilst previous, mediocre managers start off there by default)

The bug is that it is possible to become favoured personnel with any club outside of the top 6 or 7 reputation clubs in each league from my experience. I've done a series of tests winning every trophy with many teams now and have found that no matter how much you win with Arsenal, Newcastle, Everton, Spurs or Man United you will never get into favoured personnel. It's either impossible in this case or extremely difficult. It has been reported in the bugs forum, should have been fixed for 9.3 imo but will likely be ammended for fm2010.

Its seems the higer reputation the more difficult it is. I have become a legend managing Fisher Athletic and icon with other minor teams, but despite winning three times as many trophies as Wenger with Arsenal I havn't even entered the fcoured personnel list.

• 6 years later...

Hello there. I'm from 7 years future, and it's still not fixed. I took a team from 6th division in England all the way to the premier league in 5 years and I'm only a favourite. A player who had played in the team for 2 years in 6th&5th division has become a legend while I'm still nobody.

I sometimes wonder if this game actually gets any improvement besides database upgrade, new animations and minor UI/interaction changes. Too many problems remain an issue even in the newest version. So my advice is don't bother buying the game every year like I did. If you decide to buy anyway, remember this: the game will be renamed Cross Manager 2016 in the future. /sarcasm

Archived